Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo wise Anyone in NZ

[Jo...]

The Benzodiazepine Information Coalition keeps a list of cooperative doctors, but I just checked their international section and they don't list doctors for NZ. I know it helps tremendously to have this type of support but I've done my entire taper myself and my doctor knew nothing about tapering. I was educating her as I went along. I got all my knowledge and help from here.

• 1 month later...
On 30/07/2023 at 19:20, [[j...] said:

The Benzodiazepine Information Coalition keeps a list of cooperative doctors, but I just checked their international section and they don't list doctors for NZ. I know it helps tremendously to have this type of support but I've done my entire taper myself and my doctor knew nothing about tapering. I was educating her as I went along. I got all my knowledge and help from here.

Thank you again

I am down to 6.25 diaz in total taking 2mg- 2.25mg & 2mg spaced 7.5-8hrs apart. When I reduce I usually take it off one dose at a time, is this right? It seems that if I cut by .5mg now its too much and my symptoms are harsher and last longer hence the .25mg this time. Does the brain work it out its being reduced from the total amount or the individual single dose? To me taking .5mg off one of the pills, esp as they are getting smaller makes for a higher % but is it based on the total amnt? Hope that makes some sense. I dry cut and weigh but wondering if I should be taking the cuts total divided by 3 so smoother?

19 hours ago, [[J...] said:

I am down to 6.25 diaz in total taking 2mg- 2.25mg & 2mg spaced 7.5-8hrs apart. When I reduce I usually take it off one dose at a time, is this right?

There's no right or wrong way to cut, but most members seem to do it like this. 

19 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Does the brain work it out its being reduced from the total amount or the individual single dose? To me taking .5mg off one of the pills, esp as they are getting smaller makes for a higher % but is it based on the total amnt? Hope that makes some sense. I dry cut and weigh but wondering if I should be taking the cuts total divided by 3 so smoother?

I can't tell you how your brain is processing cuts, but when we calculate reductions it's done on the combined daily dose for each new dose, not the starting dose, and not each individual single dose for the day. 

I know sometimes people say it gets more difficult as they get lower in dose, and I'm not sure if this might be the case for you. It will really help if you can add your taper history so we can give you proper guidance. Without this it's extremely difficult to make informed comments on your taper.