Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Self taper- some encouragement would be great!

[Ab...]

Hello from the hot humid state of GA.
I’m a Klonapin 1mg for 14 years person. My Dr became weird about my script and testing + for pot and not “wanting to get sued” 🙄

So i decided to self taper. I’ve spoke with my pharmacist and a nurse/client of mine. 
Went down pretty well minus the common withdrawal which I’ve kept at bay with delta gummies. I’m down to 1/8, if you will, CRUMBS, and I’m very proud of myself but this is no joke. I’m now down to every other day. Tapering down every Sunday so far. My plan for this Sunday is take 2 days and then crumbs for one, skip 2 and so forth. 
Reading some on this site is helpful until I read folks took months and years to ween and now I’m paranoid I’m doing too fast but I’m alive and haven’t seized so I’ve just figured to keep doing what I’m doing. I have the muscle heaviness and tight/sore jaw, felt pretty crazy in my head. It’s no joke. 
Thanks in advance yall. 

Hello Abhippiechickwelcome to BenzoBuddies,

You've done an interesting taper, we typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every couple of weeks or whatever your symptoms will tolerate but whatever keeps you functioning is the way to go.  There is recovery once you're off the drug and that can last as long or longer than the taper so you might want to prepare yourself.

We suggest taking your dose every day to keep your blood serum levels at a constant so if you begin to feel increasing symptoms you might want to consider taking a reduced dose every day but this is your taper and whatever works for you, works for us.

We're glad you found us, and you were smart to decide to get off the drug when you did, many prescribers are beginning to get nervous.

Pamster