Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering

[to...]

About ten years ago, I sought treatment at a psychiatric clinic due to insomnia. The primary symptom was insomnia, and since then, I have been prescribed benzodiazepine-based anti-anxiety and sleep medications. Over time, there have been ups and downs, but ultimately, I was prescribed 1.2mg/day of Solanax and 1mg/day of Rismee. Initially, the medication had an effect, but as time went on, its effectiveness diminished, and I continued to experience physical discomfort. The doctor kept prescribing the medication without reducing the dosage. During that time, I came across the Ashton Manual on the internet, and after considering it, I decided that I should stop taking benzodiazepine-based medications and informed my doctor of this decision.First, the Solanax and Rismee were replaced with Sercine, which took about three months. Then, I gradually and cautiously reduced the Sercine dosage. It has been two years since I began the tapering process, and I have been able to reduce the Sercine dosage to 3mg. However, when the Sercine dosage is reduced to a small amount, progress becomes challenging. I have experienced various withdrawal symptoms, and currently, I am using the antidepressant 10mg of Triptanol and 7.5mg of Refrex to cope with them. At present, the withdrawal symptoms include aching in the back, dull pain in the left side of the abdomen, depressive symptoms upon waking, a sense of derealization, and what is particularly distressing is the feeling of becoming unwell. I tend to increase the dosage during those difficult times. I would appreciate any helpful advice.

Hello Toshitae  Welcome to Benzobuddies!

You’ve had a tough time and come a long way, well done.  Reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb.  You’ve done well so far, symptoms are dreadful but they will eventually go.

It’s not easy coming off these drugs but the support you get here will help you get through this process .   Try not to go backwards, slow it down. If you taper slower it helps avoid very severe symptoms.  

Taper planning and adjustments 

https://benzobuddies.org/forum/120-taper-planning-adjustment/

I am glad you found The Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body. CHAPTER III helped me with possible symptoms with explanations

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Magrita:smitten: