Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Philadelphia doctors?

[Br...]

Does anyone on here know of any philadelphia doctors that are willing to take over my clonazapam script and possibly taper me down slowly. I was diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis, cerebral eschemia and temporal lobe epilepsy in 2018.

I got out of the emergency room yesterday Because I had my first grand Mal seizure ever under this psych Dr's care.

Read my story please I need help

@[Br...] Per the website @[Pa...] provided a link to yesterday, they all appear to be close to Philadelphia:

David Clements, MD
1845 Walnut St Ste 1540
Philadelphia, PA 19103
512 Kennett Pike Ste 400
Chadds Ford, PA 19317
267-361-1001
myexecutivehealth.com

Sonya Knight, DO
Neurology, Psychiatry and Balance Therapy Center
725 Skippack Pike, Parec Plaza Ste 130
Blue Bell, PA 19422
215-591-0700
npbtc.com

Kathryn Trinidad, MD
Indiana Regional Medical Center
879 Hospital Rd
Indiana, PA, 15701
888-452-4762

• Like 1

I made an appointment with the nurse practitioner who works with Dr Clements and see her next Wednesday. I was able to get in with her within 2-3 weeks of calling. They do mostly telehealth appointments.

I will. I can tell you that they do not take insurance and initial evaluation with the NP is $375. Follow-up visits are $235 for 30 minutes. Ouch. The receptionist said that its easier to get in with the NP than with the doc but that she works very closely with him.  I really need someone that I can count on to not cut me off abruptly. I told my psychiatrist that I tried to taper by 25-50% (from 0.5 to 0.25-approximated as I had 1 mg tablets) on my own and had horrible withdrawal symptoms. She seemed flabbergasted and when I asked her for 0.5 mg tablets to try and taper more slowly she only gave me 15 with 1 refill. 

So, I really hope that this NP will work with me or I will have to keep looking...

Just wanted to update that I saw the NP. She was very nice and ensured that she would not rush a taper but was quite insistent that I cross over to valium from klonopin.  I agreed to it during the session and now have second thoughts after reading about diazepam on the boards and groups.  I haven't picked up the prescription yet and am still taking the 0.5 of klonopin. I emailed her about how nervous I was and she wants me to try the diazepam for at least 1 week. I even told her that I was very depressed and fatigued already on the klonopin.  Now I don't know what to do. I am thinking that I will try a week of 2.5mg of valium with .375mg of klonopin and if i feel worse then I will just go back to the 0.5 mg of klonopin and see if she will provide the scripts for me to do a slow microtaper.

My mom is  in the ICU about to have open heart surgery and I am working full time. I can't afford to be a zombie right now.