Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does anyone get tight, vice like, squeezing feeling in muscles?

[jo...]

@[dj...] do your muscles also feel like concrete and getting bigger of all the contracting. God I get so desperate of all this my whole body is in a vise my spine in an s shape. 
i can walk but my muscles seize up so bad I need to stop walking after 25 meters. And even when I sit still they are contracted. Chronically. Is it that bad for you too? I am devastated

1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

@[dj...] do your muscles also feel like concrete and getting bigger of all the contracting. God I get so desperate of all this my whole body is in a vise my spine in an s shape. 
i can walk but my muscles seize up so bad I need to stop walking after 25 meters. And even when I sit still they are contracted. Chronically. Is it that bad for you too? I am devastated

Not sure I relate to concrete.  Muscles are really stiff for sure.  Yes, it’s that bad for me too.  I can walk as well but on bad days 25 meters is enough to make every muscle in my body get really tight.  It’s legs, back, and even the muscle activity in my head going nuts.  On good days I can do a good bit more than that but we’re still not talking a lot.  Maybe 200 meters.  

It’s not like my muscles tense up for just a little while afterwards either. They are really tense the rest of the day generally.  Can ruin my day.   Things will typically reset a bit after sleep.  

Same here. Only thing that helps to not have much pain is to lay horizontally. Yours also got worse and worse the longer you are off?

i just spoke to someone on fb he had same pattern, since 5 months off it was getting worse and worse and after 14 months it improved to the point that he was able to exercise….there is hope ♥️

i added some pictures of my chronic dystonic spasm I haven’t found people healed from that but we will see

8204D4EF-D327-4A24-A67B-87CDA7D05846.png

DE912D15-9D68-4D00-B0F5-40D90D066D5A.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have most of these symptoms described in the comments here. 

My leg and hip pain feel like acid coursing through the blood vessels. I can literally feel it as soon as I get up in the morning.

The leg pain feeks like a wild bear tearing my tissues. Hips, hip flexors and buttocks feel like a vice is squeezing them! Just brutally painful. 
It is a sick kind of feeling and feels like my skin is being stretched off, plus the deep burning nerve pain.

I have burning nerve pain in my head (burning brain), legs and shoulders as well which feels like hot lava.  Even the shower feels like needles hitting my legs. 

I have terrible neck, jaw and shoulder pain on my left side. I wear a night guard from my dentist, but it only protects my teeth.

I’m 21 months off and no windows. The extreme muscle pain didn’t start until month 13. It’s just inconceivable the amount of pain involved in this. 
I hope we all get relief soon. 

On 21/08/2023 at 19:34, [[j...] said:

My leg and hip pain feel like acid coursing through the blood vessels. I can literally feel it as soon as I get up in the morning. 

Thr leg pain feeks like a wild bear tearing my tissues. Hips, hip flexors and buttocks feel like a vice is squeezing them! Just brutally painful. 
It is a sick kind of feeling and feels like my skin is being stretched off, plus the deep burning nerve pain. 

I have terrible neck, jaw and shoulder pain on my left side. I wear a night guard from my dentist, but it only protects my teeth.

I’m 21 months off and no windows. The extreme muscle pain didn’t start until month 13. It’s just inconceivable the amount of pain involved in this. 

I know your pain…

I am so sorrry for us 💔

what a mess. I feel like I am possessed by a torturing machine doing whatever he wants nothing I can control 

• Like 1

On 30/07/2023 at 14:01, [[s...] said:

I have those  awful pains in my arms and hands sometimes also in my legs and feet. Cramps, spasms, rigidity also that vice like feeling.. moving my right arm hurts so much that I start crying. Severe nerves pain. Burning, stinging, tingling…dull deep pain. Very often unbearable. Still I do get hours where all the pain disappears. So therefore I do believe that we do heal in time. Very hard to believe but as so many before us have recovered we will too. I wish everyone good healing!!! 🍀

Have you found anyone who recovered from this? Form the muscles in a vise? I haven’t found them?

Mine is so bad that I will get spine mri soon and we are going to discuss deep brain stimulation for this , it is very scary but. My full body  muscle in a vice shot is making me couchridden now for 22 months 

On 26/07/2023 at 16:09, [[n...] said:

I relate to so many replies here! Does anyone also feel like a head/body rush with this? Like blood flow?

@[ne...]

Yes, I have this as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning. I can literally feel the blood flow surge in my legs and head, then the burning begins. We have gaba receptors in our blood vessels so I guess we are actually feeling the sensitivity. It’s very distressing. 

I am 21 months off and I have everything you described but also have deep nerve burning in my legs, head (burning brain) shoulders and arms. Feels like hot lava. My legs feel like a wild bear shredding my tissues..

I pray we turn a corner and find relief soon. 💕🙏

On 30/08/2023 at 01:12, [[j...] said:

@[ne...]

Yes, I have this as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning. I can literally feel the blood flow surge in my legs and head, then the burning begins. We have gaba receptors in our blood vessels so I guess we are actually feeling the sensitivity. It’s very distressing. 

I am 21 months off and I have everything you described but also have deep nerve burning in my legs, head (burning brain) shoulders and arms. Feels like hot lava. My legs feel like a wild bear shredding my tissues..

I pray we turn a corner and find relief soon. 💕🙏

You are a warrior ♥️

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2023 at 15:43, [[j...] said:

I’m 25 months out and one of my most persistent symptoms is the feeling of my head, neck, shoulders and back being squeezed tightly like in a vice. It’s so painful and noting works to help it. I have to go to sleep with my face on a heat pack for relief. It seems to come on sometimes if I’ve done a lot on my feet. I even feel the squeeze behind my eyes. 

Why don’t you give Botox a try 

On 30/07/2023 at 14:01, [[s...] said:

I have those  awful pains in my arms and hands sometimes also in my legs and feet. Cramps, spasms, rigidity also that vice like feeling.. moving my right arm hurts so much that I start crying. Severe nerves pain. Burning, stinging, tingling…dull deep pain. Very often unbearable. Still I do get hours where all the pain disappears. So therefore I do believe that we do heal in time. Very hard to believe but as so many before us have recovered we will too. I wish everyone good healing!!! 🍀

Have you spoken to people who healed from these dystonia sxs?

• 1 month later...
On 10/08/2023 at 20:57, [[d...] said:

I’m right there with you.  I’m 10 months out and this is getting a lot worse for me.  

I spoke with Dr Jennifer Leigh once and she had something similar and recovered from it.  If I remember correctly, I think she could get around ok for the first 3-4 months and then it hit her hard to the point she had to use a walker and then a cane just to get around the house.  She told me once she didn’t shower for like a week because of the pain. 

You can also read Dr Christy Huff’s story.  She was mostly bedbound for a while due to pain, weakness and dizziness and recovered from that.  It took a while though. 

How are you now? 
any better? 
i have been reading every evening on benzobuddies and all pages on fb about this symptom and I haven’t found anyone that improved. Also kt feels a bit useless to start a new topic again here. 
For me it’s also worse since month 5/6
At first I could walk like 2-3 minutes but now even from sitting to standing I lock up completely. It is horrible. 

On 21/08/2023 at 19:34, [[j...] said:

The leg pain feeks like a wild bear tearing my tissues. Hips, hip flexors and buttocks feel like a vice is squeezing them! Just brutally painful. 

I have burning nerve pain in my head (burning brain), legs and shoulders as well which feels like hot lava.  Even the shower feels like needles hitting my legs. 

Hi Jordan…

You are getting close to the 2 months mark.

have you seen any improvements?

i hope you do . 
🙏🏻

On 26/07/2023 at 21:46, [[n...] said:

Does it feel like a heavy pressure? I often wake up and feel like my body is being compressed/squeezed. It even comes with a blood rush type feeling through my body. 

hiw are you doing now?

any improvements?

• 8 months later...
[Wi...]

I have it in my head, neck and torso. It's horrific. Like being constantly pumped with air.

[Kr...]
4 hours ago, [[W...] said:

I have it in my head, neck and torso. It's horrific. Like being constantly pumped with air.

And it hurts like clamps on my nerves and muscles. Sux.