Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Vision

[An...]

My vision is not good. I am freaking out because my eyes seem to have gotten worse. My memory is too bad to remember if it started after c/t on 3/23/23. Has anyone experienced poor eyesight with benzo use and/or withdrawal? Also, has anyone seen a bounce back to improvement in their eyesight after healing? 

It's perfectly "normal" in WD/recovery. I think most have some sort of vision issues. Your eyesight will return to normal, if not better. I've read success stories saying that once recovered they didn't need their glasses anymore, that they'd had for years whilst on benzos.

Try not to let it freak you out. It's only temporary 

• Love 1

• 10 months later...
[Ca...]

I got visual snow and floaters with antidepressant and benzo withdrawl

My eyes were so mach dry that it was extremely painful, usually for a night. It came and went from time to time. I haven't had the dryness for a few months by now.

[Le...]

the dryness and irritation is common and makes things blurry. inflammes blood vessels etc etc. drops caused more irritation for me. i used saline soaked paper towel and a heated eye cover from amazon for an hour each night. still am a few times per week   it helps a lot with blurriness, itchiness, dryness. 

• Like 1

[Le...]

i would guess i was opening the oil glands in eyelids. i got a pimple there once too. i think we are prone to bigger reactions to irritants while recovering. 

40 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

the dryness and irritation is common and makes things blurry. inflammes blood vessels etc etc. drops caused more irritation for me. i used saline soaked paper towel and a heated eye cover from amazon for an hour each night. still am a few times per week   it helps a lot with blurriness, itchiness, dryness. 

Where were you when i suffered my worst from the dry sore eyes? Your solution really seems to be good. Btw, no eye drops could help me. They seemed to make everything rather worse.

[En...]
On 26/07/2023 at 03:17, [[A...] said:

My vision is not good. I am freaking out because my eyes seem to have gotten worse. My memory is too bad to remember if it started after c/t on 3/23/23. Has anyone experienced poor eyesight with benzo use and/or withdrawal? Also, has anyone seen a bounce back to improvement in their eyesight after healing? 

Yes my eyesight is worse when I'm in acute withdrawal. It gets better when I feel better.

• Like 1

[Kr...]

I feel dizzy and the colours are so hard. It’s hard to have the eyes open and I feel like vertigo… 40 days off benzos. When did you got better? 

[En...]
44 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

I feel dizzy and the colours are so hard. It’s hard to have the eyes open and I feel like vertigo… 40 days off benzos. When did you got better? 

My eye site is very blurry in the first 2 to 3 weeks in acute withdrawal. When all my other symptoms are bad. As I hold the taper it gets better as I start to feel better.