Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Itching and burning

[Sp...]

Hello! I haven't posted on this board in ages, which is good news.

I'm 23 months out from having finished my Klonopin taper. I still have some symptoms, mostly related to sleep, but even that's been improving. But I was hit recently with an outbreak of itching all over my head, including my ears. My eyes have been itchy and burning to the point that I couldn't keep my contact lenses in this morning. But mostly I'm just scratching my head (or trying not to scratch it) all day long. It's been a couple of weeks like this and it hasn't improved at all. 

I've checked for the usual suspects (i.e., head lice, dandruff, etc.) but haven't found anything. I guess I'll make an appointment with my dermatologist this week, but I thought I'd post here first. I know that itching can be a benzo symptom, but is it super weird for it to make a sudden onset, 23 months out? 

• Like 1

From the start of this nightmare (about 21/2 years). I have had an itchy scalp.  It comes and goes.  I see it as a signal from my gaba receptors that my CNS is still not ok.  I will be 1 year off in 8 days.  As long as the itching and muscle clenching in my legs is still happening I know It’s not over.  In a way it is reassuring because I still have a lot of anxiety so these 2 physical symptoms remind me it’s not over and my anxiety will improve.   Just to be on the safe side I am past due a blood test for diabetes so will get one in sept.  Itching can be a symptom of diabetes.  

Pickle

• Like 1

It could be histamine related. Many in WD have histamine issues, including I'm recently discovering myself I think. Although it's hard to be sure. There's a number of buddies who take a DAO supplement to help break down the histamine in the gut, and report good success. A cheaper option might be to try an antihistamine to see if it gives you any relief.

Perfectly normal for a random symptom to pop in for a visit this far out though unfortunately. I had some burning mouth, which is new to me recently @ the 3 year mark.