Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I've been dizzy for an hour, I can't move

[Bi...]

The dizziness is making me feel I'm going to be very sick. I can't move my head. Everything is spinning and each movement makes it worse. There's a constant hissing in my ears. 

How do I stop this please anyone? I'm drinking plenty fluids, I'm eating well. I'm doing all I can to get well but this is so severe I can't stand up. I'm crawling I can't stand up or move

I'm now shaking like I'm cold but I'm not

Omg help me

Hi Birdypie

Take some deep breaths, and try and relax, stay calm.   Withdrawal can be very scary, but it's temporary, it will settle down.  I had both tinnitus and dizziness, I was unsteady on my feet.   I was so scared, I reported every symptom to the doctor to rule out other things.  Try and distract, listen to some music, relaxation tapes until it passes.

I am really sorry you have to go through this, withdrawal is a dreadful process, but it will end at some point, I promise life will get better.

Magrita:smitten:

I can imagine how scared you are Birdypie.  It’s unbelievable isn’t it , how  these drugs can cause so much chaos.  I thought there must be something else going on. I didn’t sleep much in withdrawal (3/4 hours) and I did sometimes fight sleep, scared that something was going to happen to me.  The fear can be overwhelming, just remind yourself every day away from your last dose, you are healing,  it doesn’t feel that way, but you are.  This journey is longer than we would like but it’s worth it, honestly you’ll see that when you get there.  Distract yourself, do the best you can to get through each day, take it  a day at a time. We are all here to help you through it.

Magrita:therethere:

• Like 1