Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Liquid Valium - air bubbles

[Fi...]

I use a bottle adapter to the cough-syrup like bottle, then use a plastic syringe, with the bottle turned upside down.

sometimes there is an air bubble, and even flicking it doesn't seem to make it go away. 

I'm worried that my dosage each day is varying by the size of the air bubble

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry you did not receive any replies before today, but I would look into the Taper Planning and Adjustment in the link I'll put.  I am so sorry I don't know anything about liquid tapering, but someone is bound to chime in on the Tapering Forum.  Another thing you could do is call a Pharmacist, they are usually helpful with things like this I would think.  Let me know what you are doing now since  your post is from July 22 ;) Denise

https://benzobuddies.org/forum/120-taper-planning-adjustment/

• Like 1

Hi, yes I had this some too. I usually push the liquid back up into the bottle and start again more slowly. It’s impossible to get every little bubble out but the bigger ones towards the top try to start over and see how it goes. Slow slow usually helps a lot. 

• Like 1

@[or...] : Tip of the hat for calling this post to our attention!

@[Fi...] :  The Withdrawal Project offers the following tips from laypeople on how to manage bubbles:

With the syringe tip inserted into the adapter cap opening and the bottle of drug turned upside-down, they draw into the syringe slightly more drug than the amount required.

If there are bubbles inside the syringe, they flick the syringe with their finger, with the tip still inserted in the adapter cap opening and with the drug bottle still inverted.

Typically, bubbles rise to the tip of the syringe, at which point it’s possible to push the excess liquid, with the bubbles, back into the bottle until only the correct amount of liquid remains.

Source:
Using Syringes | The Withdrawal Project
https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/taper/using-syringes

• Like 2