Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

When are symptoms usually felt?

[Br...]

Hello everyone, cool new server!

I slowed my taper a lot but I still think I need to slow it down further. I've been doing alright, struggling here and there, up until a few days ago. I started getting really anxious again. Not many physical symptoms, though I have a bit of a fever so maybe I'm sick? Idk. Just wondering if I'm dealing with more delayed symptoms from my new dose I started a week into this month. 

Tapering off of .5mg klonopin after 3.5 years of use, using a water taper, taking approximately .0125 with a tablespoon out of 300 mL of water then 150 mL. Not the most accurate method, I know. 

3-18 .475

3-21 .45

3-27 .425

3-31 .4

4-5 .375

4-10 .35

4-13 .325

4-16 .3

4-22 .275

4-26 .25

4-30 .225

5-5 .2

5-9 .175

5-12 .15

5-15 .25 (accident)

5-21 .125

5-24 .2

5-26 .15

5-28 .125

6-1 .1

6-7 .2 (all the symptoms hit me a few days after the june first, people here said it was a delayed reaction to how fast I had been going and then the accident and how I tried to remedy that accident, by going even faster. I updosed because my physical and mental symptoms were unbearable.)

7-8 .175 

I'm unfamiliar with your accident but understand how stress can exacerbate symptoms, as well as going too fast.  Some members have to slow down as they get lower in dose, they begin to taper according to their symptoms.  If you keep good records, this is an excellent tool to help you gauge your bodies reactions to reductions and it can tell you when and how much to reduce the next time.

I wonder if you might reconsider your taper method.  A syringe would be a lot more accurate and could help you maintain a more even keel.  When you look at water in a measuring spoon, you can see its rounded at the top, how much more medication are you taking as a result of this?  

Yes, I need to change my method. Is a syringe all I'd need? And do you know what type? I have a jar that holds the 150 mL of water but the suspension also isn't great so it's likely that that is making it even worse. I just haven't had the presence of mind to actually do this properly but it's obvious I need to. I naively thought I'd be off this stuff in a 3 month window because of my psychiatrist telling me so. 

I also meant that the initial updose was accidental. Should have made that more clear. 

I'm very glad to hear you didn't have an actual accident although a dose mistake can be just as painful!

Its you understand the importance of making precise reductions, some can get away with inconsistent doses, others feel them acutely.  I'm glad you understand you're working with a suspension that needs to be agitated before removing your dose.  Are you also adding water to the jar after drinking your dose and drinking that as well?  Its important to get the particles adhering to the sides.  

I've gotten syringes for free at my local pharmacy, and as long as it has the correct measuring lines, any will do.

How long are you storing your mixture and where and are you mixing in your jar or do you have a cylinder?

I am ordering some syringes and graduated cylinders to make it much more accurate. Will be dissolving in alcohol before water so it should be better that way as well. I've also been taking my doses haphazardly between 9 and 12 in the morning and 8:30 and 11, but now I'm going to limit the time between 10 and 11 each morning and night so there's less variables happening. Thanks for the advice!

Oh good, I'm glad you're taking steps to be more accurate and taking your doses at regular times is very important, your brain craves consistency, and this is rough enough without challenging it even more.  Alcohol is fine but don't let it lull you into thinking you're working with a solution, that can only be achieved in a lab, as far as we know.  None of our homebrews have been tested so we have to make some assumptions.

Get a 1 mL syringe with 100 decrements, which will allow you to measure out .01 mL at a time.

And Pamster is absolutely correct. Treat any homebrew solution as a suspension and shake vigorously before dosing.