Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Been taking 5mg extra valium for the last three days in error

[jo...]

Hello

I am going to have to be more careful with my dosing regime and start keeping records, I'm on 15mg valium a day and been taking 20mg in error for the last three days.

I want to just go back to 15mg. I am on the autistic spectrum and feel anxious anyway. 

I'm worried the three days of 20mg has increased my tolerance and I would be really grateful if buddies could share stories of when they took extra by mistake, and went back down to their normal dose, how did you feel?

I don’t have experience of course but please use this as a reminder that record keeping is extremely important.  Your dose, your symptoms and their severity in relation to your reductions are extremely important to capture.  The logic of recording your reactions is paramount in your success.  Using your body to know when to reduce, when to hold and when to proceed is the best way to rid yourself of the drug, it puts you in charge, not a calendar, not another person, you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Hello

I am going to have to be more careful with my dosing regime and start keeping records, I'm on 15mg valium a day and been taking 20mg in error for the last three days.

I want to just go back to 15mg. I am on the autistic spectrum and feel anxious anyway. 

I'm worried the three days of 20mg has increased my tolerance and I would be really grateful if buddies could share stories of when they took extra by mistake, and went back down to their normal dose, how did you feel?

Hi I've been on Diazepam/Valium for nearly 30 year's and it takes longer them 3 days to build up in your system I done loads of up doses by mistake for a week sometimes then just dropped back to my normal  taper dose, and was ok apart from the symptoms I already had which were nothing to do with the up dose at all I had them for ages. So the 20mg will not have increased your tolerance hope this helps ^-^

Nova :smitten: 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Hi I've been on Diazepam/Valium for nearly 30 year's and it takes longer them 3 days to build up in your system I done loads of up doses by mistake for a week sometimes then just dropped back to my normal  taper dose, and was ok apart from the symptoms I already had which were nothing to do with the up dose at all I had them for ages. So the 20mg will not have increased your tolerance hope this helps ^-^

Nova :smitten: 

It does help, thank you very much, it is really appreciated.

16 hours ago, [[j...] said:

It does help, thank you very much, it is really appreciated.

You're welcome,  :thumbsup: I'm glad you found it helpful :smitten:

• Like 1