Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help dry tapering Ativan [0.5mg 4x daily]

[ho...]

Hello,

How do I slow dry taper with a scale if everyone is saying the scales are only accurate to 0.4mg? Also I am bad at math, how the hell are people tapering down 0.038 on these things?

I'm taking 0.5mg four times a day (8:30am, 1:30pm, 7:30pm, 11:30pm).

My doctor wont let me cross taper over to diazepam and I'm already having histamine intolerance issues anyways on Ativan.

I'm hesitant to do a liquid taper because my doctor won't allow it.

Thanks!!!

Hopefulguy89

Hello  hopefulguy89  Welcome to benzobuddies.

We are glad you are here, I am sorry I can't help you with the maths.  I did a dry taper from diazepam but unfortunately I did not use scales, my taper was innaccurate and I wouldn't recommend it.  I am sure you will get some help and sound advice from others here, members are very knowledgeable where these meds are concerned.

Here are a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual 

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

You might like to post to this support thread:

Ativan Tapering Thread

If you could add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Magrita :thumbsup:

Welcome, hopefulguy89.

The weight of your pill is much more than 0.5mg (0.5mg is the weight of the drug in the pill; the pill contains other ingredients in addition to the drug).

For example, clonazepam pills that contain 0.5mg of the drug typically weigh in the range of 170mg.

What dose reduction technique are you considering?  Pill-shaving and weighing?  Pill-powder weighing?

I don’t have personal experience with the above so hope members who do will stop by to share their techniques plus offer suggestions.