Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Accord generic no longer available

[ra...]

Please give advise on a good brand of generic clonazepam. I have been on Accord and it has now become unavailable.  RW

Greetings, ravenswing.

Accord clonazepam has been in shortage in the US since earlier this year due to manufacturing issues.  We have members who are using/have used the regular tablets from Teva and Solco as well as those from brand Klonopin without issues.  We also have members who are using/have used the orally disintegrating clonazepam tablets from Par, Teva, and Sun.

When changing manufacturers it’s important to keep in mind that the amount of API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) in commercial products is allowed to vary from the amount stated on the drug label (a typical range is 90% to 110%).  Also, commercial products from different manufacturers may contain different excipients.  Consequently, a change in manufacturer should be addressed as a taper change (e.g., hold your dose amount and dosing schedule constant; if possible, introduce the new product gradually by swapping out one dose at a time; continue to hold your dose constant during an adjustment/evaluation period - e.g. 10-14 days for clonazepam).

I see from your posting history that you had an issue with Teva clonazepam a while back.  I wonder if this was during the time period when the Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group magrita referenced was active?  If so, Teva resolved the issue so it’s possible you could trial it again and be ok.

i had a horrific month switching from Watson Ativan to Teva. ended up on Lorazapam Intensol and things have been well for my taper. Yes I am on both but feeling so uneasy about the Clonazepam switch. RW

• 2 weeks later...