Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need advice for what to do after unfortunate reinstatement after few years.

[Mi...]

As I mentioned, I know its a long shot but I don't have any experience with herbs or supplements, could you start a thread in the Alternative Therapies group to see if any members have had issues with what she takes?  Just click join and you can post your question. Topics - Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Support (benzobuddies.org)

I wanted to share with you why we suspect the mornings are so bad, most here assign this to cortisol levels being higher in the morning, we typically settle towards the afternoon. 

Not being able to watch TV, read or socialize is common as well, I quit cold turkey and couldn't do any of those things for many, many months.  

As for these symptoms being dangerous to life, these are simply symptoms of a overactive and overstimulated nervous system, I don't recall anyone losing their life due to the symptoms we experience but suicide is definitely something we have to acknowledge. 

I wish I knew why her symptoms seem to be getting worse.  While its common for our symptoms to wax and wane, a slow and almost imperceptible general improvement is what we typically see.  I encourage members to track their symptoms and severity in a journal because its so difficult to recognize improvement but if your observations mirror your wife's then we need to figure out why. 

You mention the medications she's currently taking, is there a topical medication you might have left out? 

• Like 1

No, all medication or rather suplements I mentioned, nothing more. I will try in Alternative Therapies as you suggest.

Regarding symptoms it is hard to say. She is already so exhausted that it really look worse, especially in the mornings. And defintely it lasts longer than before. Earlier it was bad time in the mornings and then it was better. Now all extends and lasts longer...harder to distinguish between better and worse periods, strong pain is present for the most part of the day.

But something has become better, sleeping time, although it is 3 - 4 hrs only, it has actually increased as before it was only 1 - 2 hrs every second or third night.

So I will try with Alternative Therapies. Thank you.

And again I forgot to mention one medicine which Alice takes, it is Propranolol 2 x 10 mg, very small dose. That will be all.

Its good to hear her sleep time has grown.  I received a PM from a member today who is 7 months out after a 2 year taper and they mentioned their physical symptoms are worse at the moment.  I know that's not very comforting but your wife is not alone.

@[Le...] @[Mi...]

I have read your posts, my heart goes out to you. 
I would like to share my personal experience here only. 

What I can add to the ones before me is, that since I am in withdrawal, I could not use magnesium, lemon balm or chamomile. They all made my symptoms worse. 

The same is true for many supplements, especially ones that have any effect on the nervous system and various vitamins etc. I have about two dozen bottles of other supplements. 

I actually tried vitamin B12 vit. liquid, and that had absolutely no effect on my symptoms.

I also take metoprolol 50 mg without any issues, I occasionally use 40 mg propranolol for anxiety /tachycardia. 

I wish all the best to your family! 

Thank you Pamster and ReubenRalph.

We know about potential risk of using seplements during withdrawal but Alice tried without lemon balm and others and she said it was even much worse... Do not know... after so many years with benzo and after with lemon balm instead of, maybe it is a must to have something? I do not know really. I've never ever realized what kind of pain such a benzo can do to people...

Today night was slightly better...and pain was just a bit late...hoping/praying for healing.

Peace and health to all.

• Like 1