Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Introduction

[Sa...]

Hi Sarah,

I've got to agree with Missy here, I don't understand going up so significantly in dose only to taper from it.  There is no nice way to get off of these drugs for those of us who suffer from benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome.  Since you've only been on the drug for a short time, I understand why you'd want to get off sooner than later, but there is a tried and proven way to do this.  Small steady reductions in dose to be determined by your body, it will pretty much tell you if you're going too fast or too slow. 

I hope you and your Dr can work this out, we want what's best for you.

hey Sarah, 

I had a friend give me some valium a while back, I tried one and it gave me the same awful feeling...the feeling seemed to last for a couple of days until it was out of my system (long half life)  it really seems like it has a dirtier darker feeling then the Ativan that I am used to.

ive been having terrible insomnia for a while now (sporadically using ativan to combat) and im trying like crazy to not use it