Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Please can someone do my b/f a crossover plan from klonopin & zopiclone

[ch...]

Hi Xenofears, thanks for clarifying this for me, I'm not aware of what's going on in another thread, lately I'm not able to get around the forum as much as I'm accustomed to.

I understand the idea behind increasing the Klonopin dose, or even crossing to Valium as Professor Ashton mentions, but the thought of going from a non benzodiazepine to a true benzo chills my blood.  Both of the options are good, but I truly feel that the Zopiclone is contributing to chigglits boyfriends horrible anxiety.  Whatever happens needs to happen soon, this indecision is hard on everyone concerned. 

Here is my advice,

take all the opinions you have heard in this thread on others, formulate an idea of what you think you might like to do, then go to your doctor and talk to them about it, think about it some more, perhaps talk to another doctor about it, think even more, then decide what to do.

Making snap decisions about psychiatric medication based on a small information base is possibly not the best idea.  As you can see in 3 short pages there is no consensus, you have been told to cut out the zolpidem, increase klonopin, switch to valium.  3 radically different approaches with potentially different outcomes.

Your posts sound as though things are not going well, that your partner is having a really hard time. Please for his and your sake, seek professional medical advice and base your decisions on a blend of that, anecdotes and what you feel is best for you.

good luck.

amano

Here is my advice,

take all the opinions you have heard in this thread on others, formulate an idea of what you think you might like to do, then go to your doctor and talk to them about it, think about it some more, perhaps talk to another doctor about it, think even more, then decide what to do.

I agree, Amano.

All we can do here at BB is offer advice based on our own experience.  My response to this particular situation would have differed from both Pamster and Xeno's, but, in saying that, I have (thankfully) zero experience with Z drugs, therefore my response would simply be based on my experience with my own Klonopin taper. 

Buddies need to mull over the responses given, weigh up the pros and cons, and then make up their minds about what is right for them, and them only.  Everyone's experience differs slightly so there is unfortunately no one size fits all solution to anything.