Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exhaustion!

Jenny and Zugora,

I relate to what you guys are saying.  Tomorrow I will be at 5 months and I feel as weak and fatigued as I did when I went into adrenal crisis somedays.  Thanks for the encouragement Jenny as always!  I hope I have the same result at 7 months.  I do the same, on energy days I scramble to catch up on everything that fell by the wayside during the fatigued days.

Zugora, I think there is a lot of adrenal involvement as my doctor and I deduced that one of the reasons I went into adrenal crisis was due to the effects benzos have on the HPA Axis.

Is there anything benzos don't effect, I mean really!

Thank You Jenny for the encouragement and thank you everybody for posting, it helps to know that this is withdrawal. It's 3:20 PM and I have to go to bed. It wouldn't matter who would come to the door, I have to go to bed. Hugs to all and hope that you will feel better soon.

Frannie

• 1 month later...

Exhausted again! I do have a few windows where I have lots of energy and feel good now and then it's gone. I have to keep reminding myself that my energy will come back.

Frannie

• 2 weeks later...

Exhausted again! I get so down when I can't even get off the couch and depression sets in. Who stole my life?

Frannie

You will all feel better and back to yourselves once you are away from this poison for enough time. I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought I would be capable of doing any of the things I used to do and now not only do I do those things, but do them with less anxiety. I have more confidence than ever. I mean sure I still get anxiety and I will probably have it for the rest of my life. But not near the levels I used to have it. I have learn how to put the anxiousness to good use. You really can use it to your advantage. We are all gifted on here. We just need to listen to our inner voice instead of all the BS around us. You all will heal and live again.

Sincerely,

Rev

Thank you Rev for staying to help people like me as you words are very encouraging.It's hard to believe when we are sick and tired that the light of day will ever come but I'm feeling better this morning and my old friend anger is knocking at my door to torment me. 

Congratulations on being off these drugs!

Frannie

Frannie, I have dealt with the fatigue for a long time.  It is a symptom we cannot fight against as it is so debilitating.  Take a deep breath and go with it.  It can be very boring but it is a time to baby ourselves.  Try not to have guilt over it......hard to do but necessary.  I felt like one big blob.  After my morning adrenalin rushes the fatigue was welcomed....sometimes. 

LOve,

Patty  xo

Frannie, I have dealt with the fatigue for a long time.  It is a symptom we cannot fight against as it is so debilitating.  Take a deep breath and go with it.  It can be very boring but it is a time to baby ourselves.  Try not to have guilt over it......hard to do but necessary.  I felt like one big blob.  After my morning adrenalin rushes the fatigue was welcomed....sometimes. 

LOve,

Patty  xo

Thank you Patty, You have described me perfectly. Morning rushes and down in the afternoon although I'm still going yet today and it's just about 3 PM. It's really hot outside and I can't take heat. I let my daughter's cats out on the deck to get some air and the male cat ran on me, so was busy going around the yard calling him. He was hiding under the car watching me, guess he was having a good laugh!  :laugh: It's hard to do much more when I go down with the cats and hubby waters all her outside plants.  :smitten:

Frannie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ta...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [ta...]
    • [Br...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [be...]