Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12 days off of Klonopin

[...]

Hey LP,

It's nice not even knowing when you are sick huh? :-X It's like we get so accustomed to feeling crappy all the time. How are ya sleeping man? Have you been able to work a bit?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Li...]

• [...]

• [Ta...]

Top Posters In This Topic

sleep has been rough this week out of nowhere, but not as bad as when i finished my taper...

I barely workout... Going to work everyday is enough of a workout these days...

I truly want to go home today.. wow

• 3 weeks later...

11 1/2 weeks benzo free!

Well, I am much better...  the only thing left is my head tightness which is pretty light and manageable.  The drunk Fog feeling is 95% gone.  That is good as I would suddenly feel my head drop and lose 20 IQ points.  The long list of hell I wrote earlier is not happening.  I can't remember when I last had anxiety or any of that stuff. The head stuff was the first thing I had, and i know it will be the last thing to go...

I'm not 100% but I am getting there for sure. around the 9th week things started to improve nicely.  I have had a bad day here and there where i felt that head pressure and fog but even then it was not as bad as it used to be...

One day at a time... its all we can do..

LP,

Thank you so much for coming back and posting this!  I am having acute withdrawal right now and feeling very permantly damaged.  This is the kind of post that helps me realize I just need to stay calm, hang on for a bumpy ride and know it will get better.  I am so glad that you are doing well.  Thanks again for coming back to share that!

Tamzo

Hi LP, it is great to see you are so very close to 100%!

Isn't it like a roller coaster that repeats several times? Once the coaster comes to a complete stop, everything begins to settle -- we can breathe again! The only thing left to do as we exit is collect ourselves and be thankful we survived the ride of our lives!

So happy to have met you.

Take care,

Lida

Thanks for posting again LP...I remember when you were 2.5 weeks off and I had just finished the Klonopin....I would look to your posts as inspiration - and I continue to do so! I so appreciate you posting your update  :thumbsup:

Clem

Thanks again, LP, for updating us!!!  It means a lot to us all.

I am SO happy to hear you are even further along w/ your recovery...it sounds like you are dong very well.  SO happy for you and very proud.

ALL the best to you,

Schatje

You deserve to feel good, LP. So glad for you.

Tamzo, I'm convinced that there are a set of false or exaggerated beliefs that we all have in benzo w/d, one of them being feeling as if we're permanently damaged. I felt that way too, and there are now no signs I ever took benzos (except that I will go to great lengths to avoid them in the future).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

3 months off of K...  The only, only, only thing left is some head tightness, can be very light, almost like a tense feeling around my eyes. It sometimes, but not always comes with a tired feeling.

I was at an indoor water park today. I climbed 4 flights to go down some raft water ride... I did that 20 times and the tightness appeared and I felt dizzy, so I rested and it passed.  This sometimes comes with muscle twitches... Right now as I type this my right bicep is twitching,  but it goes away easily enough and I can't remember the last time i felt it.. I really did a lot today so my body is saying "whoa mister, what the hell are you doing!!!"

As for the dizziness, It's not the normal dizzy one would feel from not eating, etc..  It's only something that I have felt on K....

Healing does happen, but never at the pace you wish it would....  Hoping the next few days bring complete

LP...so great to hear from you!!!  :yippee:

SO happy for you...you are healing so well and it gives everyone so much hope.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by and update us...it is MUCH appreciated by all.

Big CONGRATS to you...take care,

Schatje

LP,

Thank you so much for the update.  I really have struggled to get through the first month off benzos.  As I am getting ready to tackle the second I love to read that things were much improved at 9 weeks and even better at 3 months.  Awesome!  So glad to hear that!  I love that you were able to go to a water park and have fun!  :yippee:  Please keep up the updates, we love them.

Tamzo

Congratulations on your 3 months LP!!....I'm right behind you in couple weeks I'll also be off 3 months. I seem to have the same lingering s/x you do. Dizzy - haed tightness - and for me some occasional mood waves. Thanks for your update  :)

Clem  :smitten:

Thanks so much for posting this encouraging update. I really need to hear that healing is possible today. I am starting my 10th week and have terrible muscle pain. I know each person is different as far as recovery goes, I so look forward to the day when I can share my success story.

Pianogirl

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I think I am 3 1/2 months off, closer to 4 probably ...

Last week, I started getting a strange anxiety at night. Right before I go to sleep, all of a sudden i get this feeling I am drowning almost. If its not that, then I can feel my heart beating fast.

Head pressure got bad too, but today its barely there...  Truly the only thing left was my head pressure but now its that and this night anxiety thing.

I do my best to ignore both... Im tired of this crap slowing me down. I live life and give Klonopin and WD the middle finger...

love to all

LP,

I get that, nighttime anxiety is my worst...well and the breathing issues.  I have had that sinking feeling at bed many, many times.  I hope it passes for you quickly.  I think we should all give K the big middle finger.

Are you feeling better now than you did a couple months ago?

Tamzo

Hi Tamzo,

Yes for sure... I am feeling better.. I am 3 months & 3 weeks off.  Without a doubt I feel better..

God, I remember freezing and wearing sweaters all the time, ringing in the ears, chest pain/tightness, bad anxiety, almost drooling with my head to the side.. I mean... The list is long.

The only thing I didnt have was the bad mental stuff...  I cant even remember the whole list Tamzo, i wrote it down I think in this post somewhere...

So I am feeling better, but not healed 100%.  IF my head stopped with the tension, I would be healed 100%... I am ok with the night anxiety, I just hate the head sensations.

Thanks so much for answering my question.  That's so awesome to hear that you are so much better!  It gives me hope that I might get out of this acute withdrawal yet! 

I hope the head tension leaves soon!

Take care,

Tamzo

LP, you have head tension because you just have too much (or is it many?) brains. Oh, shoot. That isn't even that funny. I understand a lot of the symptoms, but I don't understand that one. I have had major bad horrible headaches all my life, but I was spared the head pressure and headache symptoms. What do you think the chances are of it clearing up by Sept. 13th which is our 4 month mark off benzos?

Thanks for continuing to update, LP. As I've mentioned a few times, I'm just couple weeks behind and soooo appreciate you posting your status  :thumbsup: I hope you continue to heal quickly and enjoy life  ;)

Clem  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

feeling a lot better... scared as I feel really good...  sigh will it last, been 3 days of near no symptoms.   

What I feel now is like, the lightest possible sensation around my forehead and eyes..

feel a little weak here and there.. but i just wonder how long it will last or if I am near healing 100%?

we shall see..

Nothing like that waiting-for-the-other-shoe-to-drop feeling.

Maybe it will be a ruby slipper! LP in Oz gets to go home to Kansas and feel his old self again.