Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

[glow=red,2,300]"Sista,"[/glow] good for you, your battle has been long and tough, but that is what Warriors do, they battle on until they find a way off the battlefield. This new guy sounds like he will be the help you have been seeking. Stay Strong as you are, and thanks for letting us know. I agree with Stut a nice place in the County, sadly it is really hard to find the peace and quiet in an Apt in the City.

Keep us imformed of your progress, we are all here rooting for you. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs My Friend. :smitten:

:hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey BG,

Good to hear you r doing ok, -mostly.. :)

I heeded "a" warning, and only did 2hrs.. :)

Still so unfit though..!!

:)

Hi everyone!!

Stut sorry to hear about your frustrations - how annoying. I hope it gets sorted soon.

Nova - you poor thing what a history... I hope the pain subsides and you get some reprieve soon.

I'm so impressed at everyone's strength and determination!

Anyone have trouble tapering on V? They say it's the longest lasting but I get awful interdose WDs... Dosing 3 X daily. Maybe it's tolerance...

Didn't find it with K maybe coz I'd never been prescribed it before.

Oh these benzos 🙄

I hope everyone has a nice day and one step closer to being healed 😘

Hi Dtrain  :hug:  I just looked at your signature again and your Valium dose is lower than the equivalents of K+A you were taking  3mg of Ativan is =to 30mg of  V and 1mg of Klonopin is equal to 20mg of V. So  your cross over dose of V was too low by 10mg  from the K which is a 50% cut no wonder your not feeling right, also its possible you maybe having withdrawal if you were on the K for a few weeks form too rapid a cross. BUT I would if you can get your V dose sorted out, you should have been given 20mg to cross not 10mg      BENZODIAZEPINE EQUIVALENCE TABLE  https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Nova!! 😘

Appreciate that, it's always reassuring to know you're not the only one.

I've never had this before the K, only 3 weeks can do this!

So many regrets...

Stopping K cold turkey has really messed me up, like nothing before.

Think it's starting to ease and feeling a bit more stable this week, but the physical symptoms of tremors weakness and pain stop me barely leaving my bed.

Wish I could take back to three months ago... Hindsight a a wonderful thing.

And acceptance or patience has never been a thing for me!

Adding the recent Lymes diagnosis just adds to the stress and don't know what's doing what!!

I feel like a burden on my parents, I'm too old to be cared for!

Lucky I have them though but hate putting them thru this... But I will get there.

Appreciate everyone's support and sorry for the long winded blurb!! Xxx

Hey BG,

Good to hear you r doing ok, -mostly.. :)

I heeded "a" warning, and only did 2hrs.. :)

Still so unfit though..!!

:)

Thanks Cant, just "accepting" things on a daily basis, and not trying to "stress".

Glad you got out, builds strength. :smitten:

So....I’ve been recording and watching Lester Holts nightly news on NBC for two shows so far.....no benzo  segments!  :tickedoff:

I’ll keep watching and recording...but what’s going on..."I hope it airs pretty soon!

Heath

Me too, does anyone know?

Hi Dtrain sorry l didn't read your signature.Nova is as always spot on.l would have to say your benzo use has been all over the place.lf you get the correct dosage and you can give yourself enough time to stabilise you should feel somewhat better.

As for your parents you will always be their child no matter how old you are.When they see you a bit more stable they will begin to feel a bit less worried.

Love Stut X

Thank you Stut for the kind words and support ☺️

Means a lot.

Yes it's been haphazard to say the least, namely from being shuffled to two different hospitals with psychs that wouldn't listen.

Had horrid reactions to everything they tried - Buspar (serotonin syndrome) gabapentin I walked into walls, endep (tried for my chronic pain) was like being on amphetamines instead of making me sleepy.. Cymbalta made me hallucinate, Lamotrigine I got the dreaded rash..  I've had quite the ride and docs wouldn't believe my reactions. You can't make up a rash hah.

So the last 6 months have been hell for my body and brain. No wonder I'm all over the shop.

Nova has been a great help and guidance and def spot on!

Glad I've found you lot!!!!

Dtrain this is a good group full of great buddies.You now just have to get the dose right and be very patient which is going to be very hard.

You can do it just hang in there and you will get there.We are all here for you.

Love Stut X

Oh Stut you're lovely thank you!!

Likewise ☺️

I'm in Aus so if anyone sees the news thing do post a link!!

I'll stop whinging now and start adding in some funnies and positive vibe posts the next few days 😁

Good morning Stut, I agree with Nova, thanks for keeping this great group afloat. I hope you are feeling OK, and the day is a good one to you. I am doing fine, mostly. I bumped this up, not sure that you had seen it earlier. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs My Friend. :smitten:

Thank you Begood you are the calm in this group.This feed moves so quickly l hate missing posts.How are you my friend is your hold nearly over or a while to go yet?

Love and hugs Stut X

I can't keep up with how fast this thread is moving. Looks like we are a popular group.

Had my stomach test yesterday and results back today. All is fine, but this depresses me more. I have been nauseous every day for seven months ... I guess this is really just benzo stuff? While I have seen some improvement, also some things are worse in last week or so--appetite way down, not able to eat normal amounts of food without feeling full, due to all this my blood sugar seems all over the place, get shaky a lot (I am not diabetic). Go back to gastro and primary care next week but now feel overwhelmed that I just have to push through all this for a long time yet to go.

Thank you Begood you are the calm in this group.This feed moves so quickly l hate missing posts.How are you my friend is your hold nearly over or a while to go yet?

Love and hugs Stut X

I am not feeling real calm...seems the beast is trying to beat on my door...but I am fighting him, nothing really bad, but so far, I have the edge... :). I will prevail. I will be over my hold on July 30, and then restart taper for 10 days. How are you doing.? BTW I miss posts on my blog also, and I hate it too, when it is moving...it moves fast. :smitten:

NJ --

Glad to know that your symptoms are just benzo withdrawal, which we all deal with.  I hope that things will settle down soon.

Oh Begood you stand strong do not ever let him win.l know you won't.l hate to hear you are suffering my friend however as you say you will prevail.

I am just staying much the same.l think l am as stable as l will ever be so now l shall see if this operation can be carried out in the near future.l do not want to be tapering and have surgery at the same time so l am kinda in limbo.That is a little frustrating but what can you do.Life does get in the way sometimes.

Love to you my friend and I am willing you on.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi NJ l understand that finding nothing wrong can sometimes be deflating.ls there any chance or point of you seeing a dietitian as they may be able to get you on to a calorie dense diet.

You really need something to ease this nausea.l hope perhaps a different strain helps you.l know my blood sugar is high and l never had any problems before l started to taper.l hope it settles down.

Love Stut X

Hi NJ l understand that finding nothing wrong can sometimes be deflating.ls there any chance or point of you seeing a dietitian as they may be able to get you on to a calorie dense diet.

You really need something to ease this nausea.l hope perhaps a different strain helps you.l know my blood sugar is high and l never had any problems before l started to taper.l hope it settles down.

Love Stut X

Thanks Stut. These drugs made me gain a lot of weight so I have some to lose so no need right now to worry about calorie dense food. No nutritionists on my insurance plan and suddenly medical care is taking up a huge chunk of our income between my therapist visits, hopefully brand name K and all these dr. visits. I think I need to see a gynecologist ... I know I have an ovarian cyst, perhaps it has grown which could cause these symptoms--I had these symptoms before and my symptoms have changed since this all began to include constipation and the feeling full so quickly. I do not have a gyn that I like but will try my best to find one. I have time off next week where I can make phone calls and try to get this sorted out. But it probably is just the taper ..... the depression is also something I have to work on, can re-up the remeron tonight, could not that before the test.

Hi Nova thank goodness you were able to fund a different GP.Having said that you really shouldn't have had to.l hope you are going to send in a letter of complaint to the health board.

I hope you get somewhere to live soon maybe more in the country setting.

Hang in there.

Love Stut X

Thanks Stut  :hug: I am definitely going to be going on a mega letter writing and phone call spree to everywhere I can think of not just for myself but for everyone whose suffering at the hands of Dr's and the medical industry that got no idea about Benzo withdrawal and the hell they put people into  >:(

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

PS you've been doing a bang up job maintaining this thread old girl  ;D:thumbsup: xxxx :smitten:

Nova is right Stut X, this thread is flying and you do a great job of making everyone feel important and give out great advice.  Thank you :smitten:

Good NJ get everything checked l hope things settle down.l have faith something will help you.l am not surprised you are depressed please remember we are here for you.

Love Stut X

Oh Mary thank you it wouldn't be the same without you.l hope your back is not giving you too many problems today?

Love Stut X

Hey NJ!

Sorry to hear of your troubles, must be awful 😢

I'm new so not sure about the back story... But I've been there with gut issues etc so 

See if I can offer any advice! I've been thru lots of tests lately...

Feel free to PM if you want to ask any qus?

Cutting out dairy, gluten and sugar has made a big difference for me ☺️

It's been a starting point! It can also help mood / depression.

I have some good diet plans from nutritionists / medical practitioners I'd be happy to share if it will help..

Oh Begood you stand strong do not ever let him win.l know you won't.l hate to hear you are suffering my friend however as you say you will prevail.

I am just staying much the same.l think l am as stable as l will ever be so now l shall see if this operation can be carried out in the near future.l do not want to be tapering and have surgery at the same time so l am kinda in limbo.That is a little frustrating but what can you do.Life does get in the way sometimes.

Love to you my friend and I am willing you on.

Love and hugs Stut X

Limbo, sometimes we all have to do that, but hopefully you can get your surgery on board soon. I am OK, I have had worse, it is just the things you may say or do when feeling this way, I can handle a lot, but not causing discord. But I guess everyone needs to clear the air sometime. Got to get over to my blog, need to post. Thanks for the ear. :smitten:

Begood here anytime my friend.I can't imagine you ever causing any trouble.Hang in there my dear friend.

Love and hugs Stut X

Begood here anytime my friend.I can't imagine you ever causing any trouble.Hang in there my dear friend.

Love and hugs Stut X

:hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten:

[4e...]