Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Stut --

In your signature, "having a long hold, no hurry," helps me every time I read it.

I read that every time myself. It does help. But then I think, will we have clonazepam to taper from?

Should I ask my doctor for Valium? Can I tolerate Valium? I’m thinking too much and I know it. I’m not as far along as I’d like to be so this will take awhile.

Sorry for being so self centered here. I truly am a very concerned person for others. Mornings are sometimes rough on me.

Thank you Julianna l am glad you like it.l hope you are doing ok.

Intend you are not being selfish at all you are worrying about this generic business which seems to be neverending.Have you ever tried diazepam? To be honest with you it may be worth a try.If your doctor is up for it l would seriously consider it.

Love Stut X

Btw it is 4.15pm in the UK.

Oh thank you Stut. It’s 9:25 am here. I’ve actually been up for awhile now. Looks like you’re about 7 hours ahead of me.

I have never tried Valium. I think maybe my doctor would be okay with it. I’ve never even thought about it myself until all this generic stuff started. He might want me to be a bit lower on my taper.

He likes to see me every month now, and I feel the same way. But I don’t see him until next month on the 10th of August. He’s hard to get ahold of because so many of his patients like him, and he’s booked all the time. I know how they feel because I feel the same way. He has patients that come to see him from another facility here in Salt Lake also. A wonderful doctor.

I need to talk to him about all this. I’m in a constant state of worry about all this. Every month, it’s something new with these drug companies. But I’ll tell him and ask him about Valium.

Good intend if it takes a bit of worry away that will be a good thing. I think everyone tapering suffers from obsessional thought patterns l know l certainly do.

I hope your morning settles down.

Love Stut X

Stut,

You are so right about this.

I never used to do this before. I do now though. My CNS system has been really affected by all these generic switches. That has helped to make me obsessive about this. I guess we all worry about so many things in our lives.

I have a little black cat that came from the Humane Society here, and I worry about her also. I’m her “person “ and she’s on my lap right now, napping away.

I’ll skim through the local paper now, and then get ready for the day.

I'm being forced into a long hold at a miniscule dose of .019 Xanax

I became housebound after crashing at .03

I tapered more but I just got worse. I feel like maybe this dose is so low, there's no therapeutic value and I'm adjusting

So far its been 3 weeks. Minimal improvement. I'm going to hold a while longer to see how I feel after a few more weeks.

I think I read someone once who had real trouble at 1 mg V and held for three years and then easily jumped and never had symptoms.

I won't hold for three years, but that is interesting.

I’m here and reading...but not here as often as it takes to really keep up with everyone and everything that is going on with everyone! I’m still working part time...and this thread moves soooo fast....like 4-5 pages a day sometimes!

I’m feeling so badly for those of you who postthat you continue to suffer with little improvement hardly at all. I understand how it can cause depression and hopelessness. I’ve had my share of that but luckily, mine was only minimally and on a fleeting basis.

But your is continuous.  I hope that your  hopelessness thoughts will not sway you. I hope  you will continue to be strong in the face of adversity. Just like Begood said, if there were a magic bullet, I too would send it your way. Begoods post about 5 pages back( I told you  how fast this thread moves!)  says exactly the same thing I want to express.  So I just say ditto to  Begood’s.  post.

I know some of your names from way back...MiYu, cantFly, Free,  ATU, begood.  VallyUm, I am always  thinking about you! And prayers are always with you.I WONDER HOW NOVA AND BAD DOVE ARE DOING? And also know that even when some of us are doing well, prayers and hopes for continued good times are always here for you too!

And our newer buddies, Stut, Trish, NJ,Intend, SS,green cup, blue pill, and everyone  else...if I forgot to mention your name, please know you are included. I really really do hope some relief comes to you soon. Keepupthe strength as best as you can. Your better days may be just around the corner. I sincerely hope so,

Heath.  :smitten:  :smitten:  :therethere::mybuddy::hug:

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Miyu SS TMB Trish Olive Esperanza Intend NJ and all buddies here sending you my love and support as you settle into another day.l hope you have a better one.

Love Stut X

Thank you, Stut. I was so glad to hear you had a nice visit with your daughter. Have a great day.

G'morning Stut and all,

Welcome back I'm so glad you had a good visit with your daughter.  Yes a "good" tired is just that.

Yes this thread moves quickly and there is so much with so many although the key seems to be slowing it down and holding when necessary.

I know that doesn't really work for you NJ -- wish there was more that I could offer -- Oh for that crystal ball!  Not trivializing here -- I'm serious!

I heard from Delta in a pm and things are much the same -- I think she'd be OK with my saying as much.  :'(

Off to work, as that is why I'm in the city for these few days.... better get at it!

Fifth anniversary of my father's death today.... complicated man, complicated relationship.... but bodies remember these kinds of events, whether we want to or not.  And my body is remembering!

Wishing everyone the best day.

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Hi Stut,

No I don't think there's anything sinister with my heart, although it feels like it. It's just so scary and unsettling to feel it race for no reason or the feeling like it's skipping beats. It's just unnerving. I think I'm worried that one day it'll turn into a dangerous arrhythmia... That's always in the back of my mind and a huge part of my anxiety.

Hey Stut I know you're from the UK , just wanted to tell you my grandmother was born in Blackpool England, she moved to IS when she was a teenager but went back almost every year to visit family. I'm also Irish and Scottish and I  have family that came from Wales. I don't know what part you're from and you don't have to say I respect your privacy! But my people come from the UK LOL!!

TRISH :smitten:

Hi SS sending you hugs for today.I have to say my mum and dad are long gone now but you still remember the anniversary.Sad to hear Delta and mother are still suffering.l feel for them.Thank you for letting us know.

Trish l knew l liked you lol.l am from Northern Ireland nice quiet country side and lots of lovely walks so l can't complain.

Heath are you still tapering or are you holding?l would imagine your still doing little cuts.

Linnie welcome holding is always a good idea no matter what the dose.

TMB l am hoping you are feeling slightly better.

Love Stut X

Wow Stut  northern Ireland NICE!! One of these days I'm going to get there. I've never been but have always wanted to go. Maybe when the hubby retires who knows.. One can only hope!  :)

Trish

Stut,

You are so right about this.

I never used to do this before. I do now though. My CNS system has been really affected by all these generic switches. That has helped to make me obsessive about this. I guess we all worry about so many things in our lives.

I have a little black cat that came from the Humane Society here, and I worry about her also. I’m her “person “ and she’s on my lap right now, napping away.

I’ll skim through the local paper now, and then get ready for the day.

I love ❤️ you are her person. 

Trish: I agree with Intend. Liquid is much easier. Its a hurdle to get over the math but once you do, it's not hard and you will make progress without feeling so stuck. Maybe just get it so that you have it when you are ready?

NJ: What do you like to read? I sometimes review books so I often have some ideas of what's good out there.

Trish: I agree with Intend. Liquid is much easier. Its a hurdle to get over the math but once you do, it's not hard and you will make progress without feeling so stuck. Maybe just get it so that you have it when you are ready?

NJ: What do you like to read? I sometimes review books so I often have some ideas of what's good out there.

Hi bluepill,

The math is definitely going to be a challenge , basic math I'm fine but going beyond that I'm not the greatest. I'll bring it up to my Dr next visit see if he's on board with liquid. I don't plan on making a move until after the holidays. So if the moon and stars LINE up just right I'll be ready in January to start tapering again.

Also if you could recommend any books for me as well that would be greet ,I'd appreciate it, I love to read, I typically read romance but not historical ones and I like young adult as well for an easy read.

Trish  :)

It's not as bad as you think. someone might even do a taper plan for you on the board. i got lucky like that.

hmmm, romance is tricky-not my genre---I do, however, LOVE Georgette Heyer if you have not read her--that may qualify as "historical" though as she's Regency period but she's every bit as good as Jane Austen--IMHO--Grand Sophy is a fabulous book. Give it a try!

Hi bluepill,

The math is definitely going to be a challenge , basic math I'm fine but going beyond that I'm not the greatest. I'll bring it up to my Dr next visit see if he's on board with liquid. I don't plan on making a move until after the holidays. So if the moon and stars LINE up just right I'll be ready in January to start tapering again.

Also if you could recommend any books for me as well that would be greet ,I'd appreciate it, I love to read, I typically read romance but not historical ones and I like young adult as well for an easy read.

Trish, ask builder or Jim Hawk to help you.  Just give them your numbers and they will do it for you

It's not as bad as you think. someone might even do a taper plan for you on the board. i got lucky like that.

hmmm, romance is tricky-not my genre---I do, however, LOVE Georgette Heyer if you have not read her--that may qualify as "historical" though as she's Regency period but she's every bit as good as Jane Austen--IMHO--Grand Sophy is a fabulous book. Give it a try!

Thanks so much for your book recommendation bluepill! I'll look into the book and the author..And yes I'm sure someone will be kind enough to help me with a liquid taper plan...A lot of good people on BB!  :thumbsup:

[/quote

Hi bluepill,

Trish, ask builder or Jim Hawk to help you.  Just give them your numbers and they will do it for you

Thanks Mary,

I've heard of builder.. He's popular around BB! Great advice, I will definitely look into both!

Trish :)

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary SS TMB Olive Green Trish lntend Gard Miyu blue Trish Mary Laura Lorenzo Julliana Linnie Free and everyone else l have missed l hope you all have a better day with lots of ups and few downs.

Love Stut X

Am away today to help with my sister.Still exhausted but it has to be done so will rest later.

Love Stut X

Am away today to help with my sister.Still exhausted but it has to be done so will rest later.

Love Stut X

Morning Stut, we do what we must, I am pretty sure, you will get a second wind, and be able to help your sister. I only see much strength in you. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Good morning Stut,

Hope you and your sister and have a nice day together!  :)

Wishing everyone else a nice day as well.

Trish

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary SS TMB Olive Green Trish lntend Gard Miyu blue Trish Mary Laura Lorenzo Julliana Linnie Free and everyone else l have missed l hope you all have a better day with lots of ups and few downs.

Love Stut X

Morning Stut X and friends, what she said ;D

[9c...]