Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks all might try tonight if I work up the courage.  Oh and my last fill of Valium I got Teva instead of usual Mylan.  How crazy is that.  I took one and it didn’t seem to make any difference.  Hope you all can straighten out this k mess, what a nightmare this all is. 

NJ: I do work but I am able to work at home quite a bit. Still, a deadline is a deadline and is stressful, as you know. That said, I am grateful not to have to commute far. Kids schools are a schlep but that’s different. Hang in there. I find the more involved I get in a project, the better I feel. Distraction is huge.

Hi everyone,

I've been reading through all the posts, I've been busy all day, I'm so sorry to see all the suffering. I can relate to those of you who are having an extremely difficult time. My results from wearing the ZIO patch for my arrhythmia came back Friday and I'm having short runs of SVT.  A direct result of the taper from the 2mgs of Xanax.. I'm afraid to taper any further now.. I'm scared and I'm worried I won't have the courage to reduce any further bc of cardiac issues. I don't have to do anything until January that was the plan but now I just don't know. I'm feeling hopeless and trapped in this mess..I can't see a way out. I keep thinking I'll just stay at current dose of 1.5 for the rest of my days but the idea of chasing Dr's for the rest of my life is also unrealistic and unappealing to say the least. How exhausting would that be?? I feel caught between a rock and a hard place. What is the answer?? I wish I had it for everyone..

My heart goes out to all my suffering buddies today, I am with you all.

Love and hugs,

Trish

I am always here on the sidelines, reading and thinking of all. I think Baylissa is right, just to keep on trying, not giving up, sad that now you know just what to expect, but I keep thinking of the window you had, if it came once, it will come again. Just do what you can when you can, wish I could offer more to you and others struggling

yes Begood, so strange that I have had a 2 or 3 real windows in the two years I've been doing this...

the interesting thing is , they were always after having made cuts, more aggressively , but than the awful wds would hit and I didn't make any progress to speak of for all the suffering that came after.

they drove me to make the switch back to K even , which was also horrific!

I'm not as bad as I was then though. this is more a daily grind of unrelenting symptoms that keep me housebound , awful stress intolerance and weakness,

This too shall pass, this too shall pass,

love and hugs , miyu :smitten:

Free.... I really think trying s little lyrica is worth it . Maybe ask Cant his point of view? I know he has used it. We are all different of course. But at least it doesn't touch the gaba A receptors... and you could try 25 mgs , or less even if you are too scared, and work up if you feel ok ? that is what I would try anyway.

I hope you are able to find a solution to your nausea NJ, that must be awful for you.  I tried a little CBD the other night, Ive always done well with MJ, but after two drops of 20:1 CBD to THC, I felt psychotic for about an hour , it was really scary! so no more CBD for me  :(

I wonder if a gentle liver detox would help?like some tumeric milk away from your meds, or dandelion root tea, lemon juice in your water . all could provide a gentle detox , is your nausea worse in the am? or same all day ? Coffee enemas are the best , but can be quite agressive in the detox, so I don;t know that I would try that. Athough I think you already drink coffee? so you might do ok with the caffiene,

THey recommend 3 tbsp organic light dry roast coffee, when I've dome them I only use 1 tsp! that's enough for me .... it still works and definitely helps the liver

pm me if you need more info xx

Hi everyone,

I've been reading through all the posts, I've been busy all day, I'm so sorry to see all the suffering. I can relate to those of you who are having an extremely difficult time. My results from wearing the ZIO patch for my arrhythmia came back Friday and I'm having short runs of SVT.  A direct result of the taper from the 2mgs of Xanax.. I'm afraid to taper any further now.. I'm scared and I'm worried I won't have the courage to reduce any further bc of cardiac issues. I don't have to do anything until January that was the plan but now I just don't know. I'm feeling hopeless and trapped in this mess..I can't see a way out. I keep thinking I'll just stay at current dose of 1.5 for the rest of my days but the idea of chasing Dr's for the rest of my life is also unrealistic and unappealing to say the least. How exhausting would that be?? I feel caught between a rock and a hard place. What is the answer?? I wish I had it for everyone..

My heart goes out to all my suffering buddies today, I am with you all.

Love and hugs,

Trish

HI Trishy  is it the taper that has caused this ? or is it taking the current X dose?

If its the former, the I would think you could hold and wait to see if things settle down before tryiing to taper more?  YOu have time for the taper, and if you are not sick due to the X , then there is an inbetween of being stuck on it fo rthe rest of your life, and having to rush of now isn;t there?

I'm sorry about your heart issues,

Well one things for sure ,  benzos or no , none of us get out of here alive !  And I don;t mean that in a negative way, it's just the truth , maybe the only thing we CAN be sure of .....

But for now, maybe consider your best options ?

much love Trish , MiYu :smitten:

I recently retired a bit early. I had had a difficult day at work, my nerves got frayed, and then the next shift came in so cheerful and “chatty” that I got annoyed.

Having said that, I worked as a crisis counselor for teenagers and families in crisis. But these continuous switches in generic brands were already affecting my voice, and with a job like that, one definitely needs to talk to the client, the parents, and on the phone.

I do miss that work so much, but this is the type of work that is very stressful. And heaven knows, we need to keep stress to a minimum if possible.

Trish, I would look into that Roxanne liquid for xanax tapering. And as Mi Yu says, maybe let that taper of the 1.5 mg settle down.

I’m not sure how long ago you tapered that, but its 50% of your original dose, so that could take awhile.

I am going to see Denzel Washington in the new “Equalizer” movie today. I’m am definitely going to distract.

NJ: I do work but I am able to work at home quite a bit. Still, a deadline is a deadline and is stressful, as you know. That said, I am grateful not to have to commute far. Kids schools are a schlep but that’s different. Hang in there. I find the more involved I get in a project, the better I feel. Distraction is huge.

I worked from home for several years and it does still count as work. I have thought about trying to find a job where I could work from home again, but all require travel, which would push me over the edge.

Nausea is finally a bit improved and was able to go to the library to pick up some reading material. I do better when I have a good book to read. Cannot believe another work week is here .... it is my last at this job though, then two weeks off before the next begins. Really hope I get some settling between now and then somehow.

Trish, I would look into that Roxanne liquid for xanax tapering. And as Mi Yu says, maybe let that taper of the 1.5 mg settle down.

I’m not sure how long ago you tapered that, but its 50%  your original dose, so that could take awhile.

I am going to see Denzel Washington in the new “Equalizer” movie today. I’m am definitely going to distract.

If you haven't left for that movie, take ear plugs, the promos will blow you out of your seat but then the movie is at a more tolerable level.  I wouldn't have been able to stay a couple weeks ago with out them.  Hope you enjoy the 🎥

Good morning guys

Hope everyone struggling yesterday is doing at least some better today and all have something nice to experience.    :smitten: :smitten:  ❤️ ♥️

Thank you Mary, I am..!!

How did you go with therapy..?? Are things any better for you??

And a Good Morning to you.. :)

Hey Cant, I tried out a new massage therapist today because my insurance has cut me back to one pt visit a week, which isn't enough , so I took it on my own to come up with a plan, keep fingers crossed for me.  Have you still got all the teenagers? Hope the flu is gone for both you and c15.  Love being accepted in the group even though I didn't understand I didn't belong here, the bb site and benzo brain at the time, I thought I belonged everywhere  :laugh: :laugh: :smitten:

Good morning guys

Hope everyone struggling yesterday is doing at least some better today and all have something nice to experience.    :smitten: :smitten:  ❤️ ♥️

Thank you Mary, I am..!!

Hey Cant, I tried out a new massage therapist today because my insurance has cut me back to one pt visit a week, which isn't enough , so I took it on my own to come up with a plan, keep fingers crossed for me.  Have you still got all the teenagers? Hope the flu is gone for both you and c15.  Love being accepted in the group even though I didn't understand I didn't belong here, the bb site and benzo brain at the time, I thought I belonged everywhere  :laugh: :laugh: :smitten:

You do Mary!  you do....

SS

Good morning guys

Thank you Mary, I am..!!

You do Mary!  you do....

SS

Thank you SS ❤️

Hi MiYu,

I think it's the current dosage I'm on but could be sxs of the taper?? I've been holding since June 12th, I think my body hasn't adjusted to it yet.. at least my heart hasn't. I began the taper on may 24th  .25 reduction, June 12th another .25 , too much too fast! Tried to keep up with former Dr's 8 week and done schedule. So, I'm not sure miYu if it's from tapering down or if it's current dosage??

Trish :-[

Hi intend,

That was my plan to look into liquid Xanax when I got down to a lower dose, a few in the group recommended that. Now the fear is will I have the courage to go lower??

Good night All,

Hope everyone has a better day tomorrow.  Stay strong my suffering buddies.. Til tomorrow

Hugs,

Trish :smitten:

Hi MiYu,

I think it's the current dosage I'm on but could be sxs of the taper?? I've been holding since June 12th, I think my body hasn't adjusted to it yet.. at least my heart hasn't. I began the taper on may 24th  .25 reduction, June 12th another .25 , too much too fast! Tried to keep up with former Dr's 8 week and done schedule. So, I'm not sure miYu if it's from tapering down or if it's current dosage??

My two bits Trishy are that it's from the taper -- that's a very quick clip you are going at. Even when I was at 1.5 a .25 reduction put me completely out of commission  :sick:  And you have done two in quick succession.  My crystal ball -- Oh that we had one -- says that with a good long hold things will improve, that the heart got affected by the taper rate.

Even cutting .06 when I was taking over 1 mg was hell on earth for a few days.... and whatever our physical vulnerabilities are tend to be affected by the taper....

(Hmm that Doc's schedule is completely wacked  :idiot:)

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

I agree with Miyu to try a small amount.

If there was a drug I could take for the nausea I would. Nothing works well except compazine and I cannot take that and then drive a car and work. Remeron helped for a long time and I may try to bump up my dose to see if it helps. My psychiatrist wanted me on 30 mg but I have stayed at 15 mg. Will try another medical marijuana strain but that is now four weeks away, that is the quickest appt. I could get.

I don't know what to do anymore. I am terrified I am going to end up not being able to continue to work. I don't think many of you do work actually ... now that I think of it, not too many people mention this as a part of their lives. I know Bob works, but he is tapering actively and doing very well, so happy for him. I am married but with college age kids not sure how to even cut back, have thought about going back to part time but not sure. Work is also a good distraction for me ... weekends are tough. With this nausea, though, I am just at a loss. Wondering if after two years of tapering if a reinstatement to original dose might work. I hate to throw this all away but I am really starting to get so depressed and I truly am in mourning for what were all the good times in my life, when I was mostly on klonopin. I do not feel like the same person.

And I, like the others on K, now have to switch to a new formulation as I can no longer get the Teva. Hoping to get the brand name and hoping this will not be a disaster, the switch. I am such a mess already, very concerned about changing but no choice.

Hi NJ,

I might have mentioned it before, but I was lost and at the end of the medical road (upper GI spacticity) when I read some ncbi studies on prucalopride for WD related damage (off label and low dose).. It is a laxative, but thats not what we are looking for from it...

Sensitive stomach and morning nausia is a family trait here..

I will leave it at that, but I couldn't not mention it..

Smoking pot helps take the edge off for me, but only a bit, and at a foggy lathargic cost..

You guys have far more options, I hope there is promise there for you...

You mentioned a gastric function test.. -somewhere? -maybe..?

-would that include the duodenum, small intestines, and peristalsis.. also the function of associated sphincters..?

Or is it more just for stomach emptying..?

Dont give up.. It was one click on a citation that changed things for me...

It’s 9:35 pm here, and this post will register as July 23rd, but it’s still the 22nd.

We did go to the movie, and it was great. I need distractions now cause this constant worry of drug discontinuations leaves me upset a lot.

Surprisingly, the preview part wasn’t loud at all this time. But Mary, you’re right when you say those promos usually blast a person out of their seat.

And by the way, I think you belong here also. People need a circle of understanding friends, and this group is exactly that. From what I can tell, people hold when they need to and taper when they can.

My taper rate is very slow because my CNS is highly sensitized. My brain registers every change so I try to soften that as much as I can.

Good morning guys

Thank you Mary, I am..!!

Good stuff,

-I hope it realy helps those muscles..

Teens are in limbo..!! As they do...  C15 and I are getting there, still chesty with a cough.. :(

You belong everywhere.. love seeing you pop up around the site..!!

:)

Trish,

You’ll get that xanax taper under control by a Long Hold. I had a .25 mg cut from xanax myself before I crossed to clonazepam, and ended up in the ER as a result. Thankfully the nurse there recognized benzo withdrawl, and didn’t give me anything for it. It finally settled down, and you will too.

Time to watch the news and wash tapering jars.

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Miyu SS TMB Trish Olive Esperanza Intend NJ and all buddies here sending you my love and support as you settle into another day.l hope you have a better one.

Love Stut X

A lot of suffering which is heartbreaking and why this seems to continue regardless of hold is baffling.l know this finds your Achilles heel and it is torture.We will all find our own path and get free one day.

Hang in there the only way out is through and we will battle through.

Love Stut X

Mary you belong here my friend and good job on the good morning.Glad you are here l like your humour and l hope you get help from this new therapist.

Love Stut X

Well I am back and the weekend went well.l think the best part was having my daughter with me.I am now feeling exhausted and sad so l will be probably be a bit quieter until I get my mojo back.Thank you for all your kind words.l hope today we all feel a bit better.

Love and hugs Stut X

Well I am back and the weekend went well.l think the best part was having my daughter with me.I am now feeling exhausted and sad so l will be probably be a bit quieter until I get my mojo back.Thank you for all your kind words.l hope today we all feel a bit better.

Love and hugs Stut X

Yay 4 U..!! :)

Yes, rest up.. No small thing you did, with emotions on top..

But there will be more trips to come..!!

:)

[67...]