Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

MiYu, I'm so sorry you are feeling bad, Sending you healing thoughts, feel better..I hope your breathing improves. Have you ever tried a little ViCKS underneath your nose? My husband does this when he is stuffy and it works great for him. It's an old fashion remedy but it does help. He also has COPD. Be well..

Greencup, I feel for you with the lack of sleep, I'm someone who isn't worth a dam without my sleep.

I'm sure I couldn't tell you to try anything that you haven't heard already. I use melatonin gummies every night that helps me.

Hope you get some rest tonight.

My thoughts and prayers to all,

Trish :smitten:

Trishy  I am so glad for you.  This is very encouraging for me, as well. I don’t think I have any choice but to hang on. I actually don’t know how much I have cut.i had a consistent dose of 1mg k but the script was written for 1/12.  Over the past year or maybe more, I have taken anywhere from 1-1/2g a day. I figured if I never exceeded the script I was ok. I am sure there were stressful days that I took even more.  I just averaged to establish a starting point. So my original cut was at least 20%, but probably as high as 30%. It took me some time to figure that out. Even with the 3 week hold my dose is down by 50-60% since end of April. I am just ballparking it. Terrible at math, and did not have good records. My doctor, of course, said that was still slow. My symptoms came from something else(right). So, I am still getting hammered. Maybe that is to be expected. I have no choice but to wait it out.  Going back to a stable point would be going back to my starting place. I hope I don’t have to do that. I have been marginally ok at best, prior to tapering. Thanks for that piece of hope and so glad for you, Esperanza

Trishy  I am so glad for you.  This is very encouraging for me, as well. I don’t think I have any choice but to hang on. I actually don’t know how much I have cut.i had a consistent dose of 1mg k but the script was written for 1/12.  Over the past year or maybe more, I have taken anywhere from 1-1/2g a day. I figured if I never exceeded the script I was ok. I am sure there were stressful days that I took even more.  I just averaged to establish a starting point. So my original cut was at least 20%, but probably as high as 30%. It took me some time to figure that out. Even with the 3 week hold my dose is down by 50-60% since end of April. I am just ballparking it. Terrible at math, and did not have good records. My doctor, of course, said that was still slow. My symptoms came from something else(right). So, I am still getting hammered. Maybe that is to be expected. I have no choice but to wait it out.  Going back to a stable point would be going back to my starting place. I hope I don’t have to do that. I have been marginally ok at best, prior to tapering. Thanks for that piece of hope and so glad for you, Esperanza

Anytime Esperanza..

Holding you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of love,

Trish

thank you all for your kind words...( Stut Espz, GC, NJ ) doing a bit better now with the breathing , I wonder if the fear triggers the SOB? I managed to go to my friend next door, and she just held me and I sobbed. After that my breathing got a little easier.

Still very weak and burning is bad today , but I don't feel so scared anymore, and I can breath again.

Esperanza, I do believe we all heal , so keep holding on... :smitten:

GC- Sorry about your sleep , but glad you don't feel too bad . Not good to sleep with phone next to you !

I turn all wireless anything off at night, do you have any peppermint oil ? I tried that for my breathing and i do think it would help clear your nasal passages. Hope that coffee doesn't trigger any anger attacks  :) We're watching you  :socool:

I can't imagine drinking coffee! I'm a tea person anyway , but even that I have to stay away from for now

Going to relax and watch a movie and hope that tomorrow is a better day . I'm interested to see what my ' bounce back ' time is with this , as before it has taken weeks to recover from this kind of crash . I'm hoping it'll be shorter , and that would be a good sign ....

Hope everyone is having as good a day as possible .

love, MiYu :smitten:

PS NJ I don't think you will develop tolerance to the MJ, I vaped for years pre benzo and never had any tolerance issues, or wds for that matter. Wish I had stuck with that and never taken a benzo !

Miyu

Just reading about your SOb right now! And am glad you are feeling some better. Absolutely fear will trigger sob - for me any way- and then the fear gets worse and the hamster wheel thinking stats.

Crying is a excellent way to relieve that— wish I could cry more.

So glad you have a great neighbour...

And that your day is some better.

Love to you!

SS

One of the things I love about your morning greeting is that I feel “seen” I remember so many posts on B.B. where I felt kinda invisible

In a way I was, as I’m so not used to “ talking” about myself in cyberspace, so posts weren’t that informative, about my taper or myself.

A year in — over a year in— and it’s becoming easier 😆.  A bit😉.

So  Thank you for “ seeing “ us all here and responding to so many....

❤️💕

SS

thank you all for your kind words...( Stut Espz, GC, NJ ) doing a bit better now with the breathing , I wonder if the fear triggers the SOB? I managed to go to my friend next door, and she just held me and I sobbed. After that my breathing got a little easier.

Still very weak and burning is bad today , but I don't feel so scared anymore, and I can breath again.

GC- Sorry about your sleep , but glad you don't feel too bad . Not good to sleep with phone next to you !

I turn all wireless anything off at night, do you have any peppermint oil ? I tried that for my breathing and i do think it would help clear your nasal passages. Hope that coffee doesn't trigger any anger attacks  :) We're watching you  :socool:

I can't imagine drinking coffee! I'm a tea person anyway , but even that I have to stay away from for now

Going to relax and watch a movie and hope that tomorrow is a better day . I'm interested to see what my ' bounce back ' time is with this , as before it has taken weeks to recover from this kind of crash . I'm hoping it'll be shorter , and that would be a good sign ....

PS NJ I don't think you will develop tolerance to the MJ, I vaped for years pre benzo and never had any tolerance issues, or wds for that matter. Wish I had stuck with that and never taken a benzo !

Miyu

Just reading about your SOb right now! And am glad you are feeling some better. Absolutely fear will trigger sob - for me any way- and then the fear gets worse and the hamster wheel thinking stats.

Love to you!

SS

MiYu, so sorry to read of all you are going through and to have SOB is the pits, I am so glad you had someone to hold you, and I am glad you cried, I read somewhere that when we cry it releases some type of hormone, that makes us feel better. Your struggle has been long and hard, but when I think of you, I see much Strength and I know that one day you will have the Healing you so deserve. I do not know why some have to suffer so, but I do know that things can and do get better, we just do not know when. Stay Strong My Friend. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

SS thank you so much.l know l probably irritate some with my good mornings but l remember coming to this forum and feeling like a fish out of water and l know it is only a token but to feel welcome and cared about means everything.How is your hold going.l hope you are going to stay with a longer one this time my friend.

Love Stut X

Stut - the last thing you do is irritate people with good mornings. It's been a lifeline of sorts. I've been struggling since jumping to stay connected and post much, but there is your morning post every day - a little thing that means so much and keeps us connected.

Thank you.

Thank you all, I think I would have to make a updose to the beginning to be functional. I cut too fast. I also wonder about all the years and the slow, subtle symptoms that started very shortly after starting k. I may have been in tolerance for many years. I was never really “mentally ill”. K and prozac made me so. I wonder if too much damage has been done to recover. But I have to go on for my family. I will not stop trying to discontinue, even if my life will never be what it could have been. I may have to accept that. I needed to stop years ago. I would have, if I had known. Love to you, Esperanza

[/quote

Esperanza--You don't need to go back up to 1 mg. You have cut as much as I have over two years! If I were you I would try maybe .75 mg k, you would still be down very significantly from the start and I think you will see rapid symptom relief. I don't know how you are tapering--is it with a scale? That would help you make smaller cuts going forward. Or do you do liquid? You have cut an enormous amount over a short time it is no wonder you are suffering. Don't worry about tolerance and please believe that your life can be better than expected. I find that very difficult to hold onto with such a long taper but the only reason I haven't thrown in the towel is that I have seen others go on and be fine when done. I reinstated twice (both times within 8 weeks of starting the taper), gave up, then ended up restarting this taper attempt nine months later. I wish I hadn't given up all that time then, I would have been further along now.

Whatever you decide, we will be here behind you. Sometimes "rescue doses" can also be beneficial if used sparingly.

Good luck and sending warm thoughts your way.

Hope everyone else is doing well. It was my son's birthday today--he had a lot of difficulties at birth with lots of developmental delays and therapies and now is a teenager and doing great. So thankful for that. Was looking through pictures though of him when younger and came across some with my dad, who I lost a little over two years ago. Hard to see those, I still miss him so much.

Miyu, I hope tomorrow is better for you. Thanks for sharing your experience with the marijuana. I tried my tincture tonight straight which burned my mouth but seems more rapid onset. I am finding with more regular use I think my depression is lifting a bit ... laughed so much with my family tonight.

Stut, thanks always for the morning greeting. You are hopefully alseep now.

MiYu, I'm so sorry you are feeling bad, Sending you healing thoughts, feel better..I hope your breathing improves. Have you ever tried a little ViCKS underneath your nose? My husband does this when he is stuffy and it works great for him. It's an old fashion remedy but it does help. He also has COPD. Be well..

Greencup, I feel for you with the lack of sleep, I'm someone who isn't worth a dam without my sleep.

I'm sure I couldn't tell you to try anything that you haven't heard already. I use melatonin gummies every night that helps me.

Hope you get some rest tonight.

My thoughts and prayers to all,

Thanks Trish  :smitten:

I do have some peppermint oil , and I actually forgot to use it this morning , duh ...  I have something like vapor rub too that I should keep near my bed.

Thanks for the reminder

Miyu

Love to you!

SS

MiYu, so sorry to read of all you are going through and to have SOB is the pits, I am so glad you had someone to hold you, and I am glad you cried, I read somewhere that when we cry it releases some type of hormone, that makes us feel better. Your struggle has been long and hard, but when I think of you, I see much Strength and I know that one day you will have the Healing you so deserve. I do not know why some have to suffer so, but I do know that things can and do get better, we just do not know when. Stay Strong My Friend. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Thank you dear Begood , you are always so encouraging and make me feel tha t this will indeed end one day .

I hope you continue to feel well as you slowly walk off  :)

love and hugs,

MiYu :smitten:

Miyu

Love to you!

SS

THank you SS, i am fortunate to have a kind neighbor , she's a healer type so she's used to seeing people with all kinds of things going on .

I happy for you for your progress ..... I sure hope my comes soon where tings get easier!

Much love, MiYu :smitten:

Hope everyone else is doing well. It was my son's birthday today--he had a lot of difficulties at birth with lots of developmental delays and therapies and now is a teenager and doing great. So thankful for that. Was looking through pictures though of him when younger and came across some with my dad, who I lost a little over two years ago. Hard to see those, I still miss him so much.

Miyu, I hope tomorrow is better for you. Thanks for sharing your experience with the marijuana. I tried my tincture tonight straight which burned my mouth but seems more rapid onset. I am finding with more regular use I think my depression is lifting a bit ... laughed so much with my family tonight.

Thank you NJ  :smitten:

If your tincture has alcohol in it it will burn ... try diluting it in some water , you can still hold it  in your mouth but it won't burn a s much.

I'm glad your son is doing so well now, and I know you miss your Dad....

Great that you laughed with your family !

I actually had such a good laugh a few days a go with my sister , we were on a video chat, she found some function on her ipad that let her add different cartoony things to her head and face, really hilarious!  It hurt I laughed so much , I had to tell her to stop!

Amazing how things can change from one day to another.... :crazy:

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Bluepill TMB Olive Green NJ SS Scardie Esperanza Intend and all my friends here on this little island.l thank you all for your lovely words and kindness to me.lt means so much and l hope l can support you all in this journey.l have felt more understanding here and it means everything to travel with such good friends.Sending you all love and hugs.Hang in there.

Love Stut X

Miyu and NJ l think you have actually hit on something laughing.l know when you are in this hell laughing seems impossible but l try to laugh every day.lt is something l have lost over the years and now l am so happy to say is coming back.

Miyu take it easy and don't overdo it please.

NJ you have been through so much with your dad dying, financial responsibilities, job changes and withdrawal symptoms.You really can't see how well you are actually doing.l applaud you and l am so glad your son is doing well.Be kind to yourself.

SS your words have really touched me.That is how l felt and sometimes still do.Thank you so much for being here.

Love Stut X

TMB l wish l had great words of wisdom for you but l don't just know we are all here for you and always will be.Hang in there my friend one day at a time.

Love Stut X

Good morning Begood Cant Heath Mary Trish Miyu Bluepill Gard Bluepill TMB Olive Green NJ SS Scardie Esperanza Intend and all my friends here on this little island.l thank you all for your lovely words and kindness to me.lt means so much and l hope l can support you all in this journey.l have felt more understanding here and it means everything to travel with such good friends.Sending you all love and hugs.Hang in there.

Love Stut X

Morning My Friend, you have such good advice to all, and heartfelt. I think we all have to find a place where we can do the most for others and for ourselves. You landed here and for that we are all grateful. Really all we can do is accept, and try to do the best we can during unsettled times, you my dear have found the key to Success, sure there are hard days, but not giving in to the beast is key. Have a nice day and take time for you, and know that many read this thread and you are helping those too. There are unseen buddies that read and gain strength to go on, so keep up the spot on advice. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten: :smitten:

Esperanza please try to overlook what your doctor is saying.l know this is difficult however that is something that you must do.l hate labels like depression, anxiety, personality disorder etc and l will tell you why if you are ill and go to the doctor it will be firstly put down as being part of that disorder.lt colours their diagnosis.Ofcourse when you are suffering from withdrawal symptoms they say it's due to depression etc.Now l am not anti doctor however when it comes to this l do not want or need their input as it is just frustrating.That is only my viewpoint.

Love Stut X

Thank you my dear friend begood.l am part of your village l hope you don't mind l sneaked in when you weren't looking lol.l love it there and the love and support is outstanding.l hope you have a peaceful day and your hold is going well.

Love and hugs Stut X

Thank you my dear friend begood.l am part of your village l hope you don't mind l sneaked in when you weren't looking lol.l love it there and the love and support is outstanding.l hope you have a peaceful day and your hold is going well.

Love and hugs Stut X

lol, so that was you knocking on the back door... :D, I am so glad that you visit Our Village, and that you are part of it. I am doing well, a bit of the itching...but it comes and goes, so I do not fret, it is just My Sweet Brain doing its thing to heal. Enjoy your day. :smitten:

Love Stut X

Good morning Stut,

I just want to say that I for one am grateful to find you here every morning. I think if I woke up and didn't see you here I'd worry about where you were and how you were doing. Your morning greeting means a lot to all of us. Thank you for always being here and I know that fish out of water feeling, what's it like to be new and hoping to fit in and be received well by others. You threw out the "welcome mat " for me and made me less afraid to join in. I was lost, scared and traumatized .. Without you and others jumping right in to my rescue I'm sure I'd be either in a rubber room somewhere or God forbid worse. So, Thank god for you and the rest of this compassionate group on BB "ISLAND"!! Happy to be stranded with you.. Until we find our way home.

Hi Trish you certainly have been an asset to this little group and l am so glad you have discovered that holding and slow tapering is the way to go.l hope you are still feeling a bit better and thank you for your lovely words.

Love Stut X

Hi Trish you certainly have been an asset to this little group and l am so glad you have discovered that holding and slow tapering is the way to go.l hope you are still feeling a bit better and thank you for your lovely words.

Love Stut X

That means a lot to me, thank you Stut...I am feeling better ,fingers crossed, I hope it lasts!

I hope you're feeling less lonely and enjoying your Sunday.

Hugs to you!

Anyone know about taking supplements and making sxs  worse? I have to take vitamin D daily and a B12 injection twice a month. I'm extremely low in both. I've been avoiding the vitamin D and I hate doing that bc I know I need it.

Thanks,

Trish

Trish take them if you need them.l don't really think you have a choice.Again some people seem to be ok others aren't.l don't take any supplements however I am not anti them.l hope a few people who are taking supplements get back to you on that.

Love Stut X

Hi Trishy,

I know in the beginning of my taper -- when I was going much too quickly so my CNS was extremely sensitive to anything (a thimble full of coffee could change my whole day!) B vitamins really revved me up. 

I know for Vitamin D I try to get my legs and arms in the sun as much as possible -- and my acupuncturist says that we should all be taking around 10K units a day!

So that's my experience with those things -- other supplements were a no go as well..... Haven't tried them recently to see if my body could tolerate them at this point.

Stut and all!

G'Morning! 

TMB - I think of you and your jumping sxs every day.... wishing you the best and hoping that you get relief soon.  You were such a big support for so many on this thread for so very long!  Please know we're all here with you!

The sun is out so I'm heading out to get some Vitamin D.... sorry for not naming everyone individually.

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

[12...]