Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Begood l hope your hold is going well for you my friend.l am beside you all the way.

Love Stut X

Morning Stut, thank you for your well wishes and always for walking beside me. Love reading all your good advice here and there on the boards. :thumbsup: Have a good day my Friend and enjoy the little things. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Thank you begood l like yourself and others here like to help where we can.lt helps to help others.l hope your weekend goes smoothly my dear friend.

Love and hugs Stut X

Thank you begood l like yourself and others here like to help where we can.lt helps to help others.l hope your weekend goes smoothly my dear friend.

Love and hugs Stut X

:hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten:

Good morning and thank you Stut,

Wishing you a nice weekend and the rest of the group as well. Hopefully it'll be a good one for all.

Trish :smitten:

Glad to see you Can't l was getting worried.l thought your withdrawal symptoms and flu had got the better of you.Enjoy your time with C15.

Love Stut X

Hi Green cup , SS, glad you are both doing well with your holds , good to see you here :smitten: :smitten:

love and hugs to everyone ,

MiYu :smitten: :smitten:

( I'm just plodding along as usual , no better but no worse either , so I count that as a blessing for now)

Miyu,

Always here encouraging and supporting us all.

Hoping you have some ease soon.

Be well my friend...

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩💕

SS

Good morning Begood Cant Bluepill Mary SS TMB Trish SS Olive Esperanza Heath Greencup intend Laura etc l am wishing you all a better weekend.

Love and hugs Stut X

Waking up to your message to us all is really a highlight Stut!

Thanks for being here urging us on — which means being patient with what is— and being so loving during this tough time for you as well!

Many thanks for it all friend...

❤️❤️

SS

SS thank you so much.l know l probably irritate some with my good mornings but l remember coming to this forum and feeling like a fish out of water and l know it is only a token but to feel welcome and cared about means everything.How is your hold going.l hope you are going to stay with a longer one this time my friend.

Love Stut X

SS thank you so much.l know l probably irritate some with my good mornings but l remember coming to this forum and feeling like a fish out of water and l know it is only a token but to feel welcome and cared about means everything.How is your hold going.l hope you are going to stay with a longer one this time my friend.

Love Stut X

YOu don;t irritate me at all Stut :smitten: I love your posts and good mornings and well wishes and good advice to everyone, you're a gem

love, MiYu :smitten: xx

Hi Green cup , SS, glad you are both doing well with your holds , good to see you here :smitten: :smitten:

love and hugs to everyone ,

MiYu :smitten: :smitten:

( I'm just plodding along as usual , no better but no worse either , so I count that as a blessing for now)

Miyu,

Always here encouraging and supporting us all.

Hoping you have some ease soon.

Be well my friend...

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩💕

SS

Thanks SS . wishing you the same .

love, MiYu :smitten:

Thank you Miyu you are always there for everyone.l hope you are hanging in there and not feeling too bad.

Love Stut X

my day is scary bad today....  :'(

I can hardly walk across the room without intense shortness of breath.... I've tapered 1/2% the last 2 weeks and I guess it caught up with me...

trying not to anticipate the worst but days like this are really scary if I think about the future .

One day at a time, one breath at a time.

THing is , I'm not really afraid of dying,  ( not that that's going to happen, from this anyway )  but it's just scary to be so out of whack.

MiYu :-[

Oh Miyu this is horrible for you l can well understand why you are scared.l just wish that it would ease up for you.Please just rest and try not to think about tomorrow.You have come so far and you keep pushing forward.That is truly brave.

Thank you Bluepill l hope you are doing ok today.

Love Stut X

So very sorry, MiYu, I think the Fear is the absolute worst. I wish I could take it away from us all. I know how hard it is to talk back to the fear. I am told we have to try to believe that symptoms Will go away. That symptoms are just a part of healing. Easier said than done, I know. Just know you are not alone. Holding you in my heart, Esperanza

What is everyone’s opinion about updosing? Hold of 3 weeks and getting worse each day. I don’t want to do anything that will backfire. I am so confused because I had such a bad period of tolerance prior to my taper that I don’t know if I can be functional. Then I messed up the taper initially by cutting too fast. I have a daughter and grandchildren who are living with me because they have a crisis with the husband, who is in withdrawal from Effexor and has become dangerous to her and the kids. I am needed and I am not even close to being myself.  Any advice would be welcome. Esperanza

UGH terrible night sleep last night, up for three hours, two looking at phone and then finally smoked some pot and watched Netflix and was able to fall back asleep.  I HAVE to move that phone away from my bed.  It is seriously NOT helpful for sleep. 

Also, my nose is kind of plugged up because of some allergies and it is seriously triggering my anxiety.  I feel like I can't breathe properly through my nose and it is making it hard to not be constantly slightly hyperventilating.  I had some saline solution spray that helped with this, but I can't find it anywhere in my house.  Grrrr....

That said, I feel okay today, as it is the weekend and I was able to sleep in.  I actually had... a CUP OF COFFEE this morning.  And it was fine.  No upset stomach.  No anxiety even.  I'm not going to push it and have too much, but I am very excited to be able to have coffee again. 

Esperanza-  I am very wary of updosing, but you gotta do what you gotta do to function and if it is about taking care of children, then maybe you might need to do it.

MiYu-  Oh that is awful about the breathing.  I'm glad to hear from you though.  :mybuddy:

Stut- I love your Good Mornings!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Generally Esperanza the advice regarding an updose would be go up to the dose where you were functional.Perhaps the one before you last cut.l hope someone pitches in here as l have never updosed although that seems to be the general rule.

I am sorry that your family are going through this.l know from experience Effexor is a horrendous drug to come off.

I hope you get more advice on this Esperanza.Hang in there.

Love Stut X

Greencup sorry your sleep is still a problem but you are ok today which is great.l won't be giving up my coffee for anything.l hope your sleep improves tonight and thank you.

Love Stut X

Esperanza, I have updosed, it has helped, I would never hesitate to do it again if needed. Sometimes up let's us get back down again.

Miyu, if you are having trouble breathing, are you sure it's benzo related? That can mean other serious things as well. Hope you are feeling better.

GC, sorry you didn't sleep well but glad the marijuana helped you. I am still trying to figure out how to use the marijuana for sleep. I don't smoke/vape because I have had several very bad cases of pneumonia/bronchitis, and the edibles/tinctures don't hit right away so it does help with nausea but not sleep. Still figuring it out. I only use it during the week in the hope that I don't develop a tolerance. Last night I slept well with "only" my klonopin, remeron and melatonin.

Thank you all, I think I would have to make a updose to the beginning to be functional. I cut too fast. I also wonder about all the years and the slow, subtle symptoms that started very shortly after starting k. I may have been in tolerance for many years. I was never really “mentally ill”. K and prozac made me so. I wonder if too much damage has been done to recover. But I have to go on for my family. I will not stop trying to discontinue, even if my life will never be what it could have been. I may have to accept that. I needed to stop years ago. I would have, if I had known. Love to you, Esperanza

Thank you all, I think I would have to make a updose to the beginning to be functional. I cut too fast. I also wonder about all the years and the slow, subtle symptoms that started very shortly after starting k. I may have been in tolerance for many years. I was never really “mentally ill”. K and prozac made me so. I wonder if too much damage has been done to recover. But I have to go on for my family. I will not stop trying to discontinue, even if my life will never be what it could have been. I may have to accept that. I needed to stop years ago. I would have, if I had known. Love to you, Esperanza

Esperanza,

It was 4 weeks two days ago since I made a cut of.25..way too much but I feel so much better besides heart palpitations. I didn't expect to feel this good in 4 weeks,even last week I thought I was just going to updose and forget it! My point is I hung in another week and am so glad I did!! The depression lifted, the shakiness is pretty much gone, I'm feeling pretty much like my old self. Maybe try hanging in one more week and then re evaluate. Just a suggestion but by all means it's your body and if you can't hold any longer and need to updose then you do what you think is best for you. Just wanted you to know that one more week of hanging on made all the difference for me.

All the best my friend,

Trish

thank you all for your kind words...( Stut Espz, GC, NJ ) doing a bit better now with the breathing , I wonder if the fear triggers the SOB? I managed to go to my friend next door, and she just held me and I sobbed. After that my breathing got a little easier.

Still very weak and burning is bad today , but I don't feel so scared anymore, and I can breath again.

Esperanza, I do believe we all heal , so keep holding on... :smitten:

GC- Sorry about your sleep , but glad you don't feel too bad . Not good to sleep with phone next to you !

I turn all wireless anything off at night, do you have any peppermint oil ? I tried that for my breathing and i do think it would help clear your nasal passages. Hope that coffee doesn't trigger any anger attacks  :) We're watching you  :socool:

I can't imagine drinking coffee! I'm a tea person anyway , but even that I have to stay away from for now

Going to relax and watch a movie and hope that tomorrow is a better day . I'm interested to see what my ' bounce back ' time is with this , as before it has taken weeks to recover from this kind of crash . I'm hoping it'll be shorter , and that would be a good sign ....

Hope everyone is having as good a day as possible .

love, MiYu :smitten:

PS NJ I don't think you will develop tolerance to the MJ, I vaped for years pre benzo and never had any tolerance issues, or wds for that matter. Wish I had stuck with that and never taken a benzo !

Esperanza, do you know how to make a signature with your meds and taper etc ?  It would be good for everyone to see and so we can follow your progress and remember what you are on with our benzo brains

love and hugs , MiYu :smitten:

[c9...]