Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Gard Mr Valley has disappeared again.l said if he stuck around l would send him two of my hens.He isn't getting them imagine the cheek of him away enjoying his life lol.

Love Stut X

Thanks Gard for posting that again. I've read Valley's propaganda before but I had really bad benzo withdrawal brain at the time.  So I just re read it and I'm seeing how long holds are truly beneficial, the only way off and out of benzo Hell! Not against or afraid of an updose anymore either, although I know some are. I'm glad I read it again with a clearer head.. Got more out of it.. Just hope I can remember it??  :-\

Trish

Hi Heath l am so glad you have posted that.There are three words that are used on this site that l will be glad to never hear or see again in regards to benzos.Tolerance, tolerance withdrawal and kindling.Sorry l should have said 4 words.Tolerance withdrawal is used mainly to stop people holding and causing a lot of suffering.lf you are tapering you will suffering withdrawal symptoms not tolerance withdrawal.

I hope your hold is going well.

Love Stut X

You bet Stutt. The more correct info we get out here, the better for everyone.

I’m doing ok. Blips come and go..can’t complain. Hope your are doing well also.

Heath. :thumbsup::smitten:

Good morning, afternoon and evening Begood,Cant,Heath,TMB, Mary,SS, Olive, Trish,SC,Gard, Miyu, blue and everyone else l have overlooked (sorry about that).I hope you all have a productive and healing day.

Love to all Stut X

Good morning, afternoon and evening Begood,Cant,Heath,TMB, Mary,SS, Olive, Trish,SC,Gard, Miyu, blue and everyone else l have overlooked (sorry about that).I hope you all have a productive and healing day.

Love to all Stut X

Hi Stut, I am doing well, just hot, but thankful always for AC. Really have learned to be grateful for most things, it is not a given that things will always go as we wish. But even when things are bad, there is a shimmer of light to be found, but we must look. How are you doing My Friend, you give so much to all and please remember that we are here for you also. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Love to all Stut X

Good morning 😃 LHSG, hoping for good day for all ❤️

Oh begood thank you.l am with you all the way on your journey.l am doing ok l am not going to complain as you know it will all work out in the end.l am just so thankful that l found you,Cant,Heath etc here.l find this forum terrifying at times then l turn to my little safe haven, this little group and your blog.

I hope all your blips iron out quickly.l am here for you my friend.

Love and hugs Stut X

Oh begood thank you.l am with you all the way on your journey.l am doing ok l am not going to complain as you know it will all work out in the end.l am just so thankful that l found you,Cant,Heath etc here.l find this forum terrifying at times then l turn to my little safe haven, this little group and your blog.

I hope all your blips iron out quickly.l am here for you my friend.

Love and hugs Stut X

:hug::mybuddy:  :hug::smitten:

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of buying a book called BEAT BENZOS BY CAROL KROEGEL  anyone ever read it?

I don't want to scare myself so I'm not sure if I should read it..

Trish

Love to all Stut X

Thank you, Stut, for thinking about us every day. I'll be hitting 6 months out in two days. Have not turned the corner yet, unfortunately.

I hope that you and all of the LHSG buddies are having a good day.

Hi TMB l wonder if the personal stress decreased would you perhaps feel a bit better.l know you have a lot of stress regarding your house etc.l know that stress really does increase withdrawal symptoms.l hope everything eases for you soon.

Love Stut X

Stut,

Thanks I will be. I don't know what I would do without your help. I look forward to your "good mornings" everyday to the group and you're willingness to always support.

You're a blessing as are so many on here.

Trish

Hi TMB l wonder if the personal stress decreased would you perhaps feel a bit better.l know you have a lot of stress regarding your house etc.l know that stress really does increase withdrawal symptoms.l hope everything eases for you soon.

Love Stut X

I bet it would help. With sensitive CNS applying heavy stress and pressure cannot be good. Unfortunately, it's a hypothetical. I wish I could turn it off and see....

Thanks Trish we are all in this together and this will all be a memory one day remember that.

TMB hang in there you are doing so well and you have been so strong.6 months is a long time when you are suffering.l know you will see this through.

Love Stut X

So from all my research so far I'm gonna be here for a very long time. My therapist mentioned to me yesterday a possible dosage reduction in January ,given that I'm feeling well enough at that time,.I thought that was reasonable but we never talked about how much of a decrease. Can anyone tell me about dry cutting small doses as I think that's the best way for me. I'm not going to get the valium switch with my Dr and I'm lucky to have gotten one who will at least work with me and not pressure me to get off X in a hurry. How much is a 5% reduction from 1.5mgs of  X? I'M HORRIBLE WITH MATH! Can anyone help me with that?

So from all my research so far I'm gonna be here for a very long time. My therapist mentioned to me yesterday a possible dosage reduction in January ,given that I'm feeling well enough at that time,.I thought that was reasonable but we never talked about how much of a decrease. Can anyone tell me about dry cutting small doses as I think that's the best way for me. I'm not going to get the valium switch with my Dr and I'm lucky to have gotten one who will at least work with me and not pressure me to get off X in a hurry. How much is a 5% reduction from 1.5mgs of  X? I'M HORRIBLE WITH MATH! Can anyone help me with that?

Trish, You might want to go on general taper plans board and ask for help with dry cutting. I haven't dry cut, but I know it involves weighing tablets with a jeweler's scale and doing some calculations involving the weight of the tablet.

Do you think your doctor would prescribe liquid Xanax for you? It's much easier to work with liquids.

I'm glad your therapist is being reasonable. You can use her to reason with your doctor, if need be.

BTW, 1.5mg x .05 = .075mg. But you need to know the average weight of your tablets.

Gard :)

P.S. Somebody please check my math. I have regular brain fails!

Thanks Gard,

Oh I'm in a pickle..I don't want to use scales.. Maybe I'm confused about dry cutting, still learning..I want to cut as far down as I can with my hands or pill splitter. I have some months to learn though so I won't panic just yet :o

Thanks for answering!

Trish  :smitten:

Thanks Gard,

Oh I'm in a pickle..I don't want to use scales.. Maybe I'm confused about dry cutting, still learning..I want to cut as far down as I can with my hands or pill splitter. I have some months to learn though so I won't panic just yet :o

Thanks for answering!

Trish  :smitten:

I think everybody uses a scale. I hate them. That's why I switched to liquid even when I was still on Xanax. Easy-peasy.

I've never heard of liquid Xanax but I think I like that idea especially when I get myself down to a much lower dose in the very distant future. I like easy !!  :thumbsup:

I've never heard of liquid Xanax but I think I like that idea especially when I get myself down to a much lower dose in the very distant future. I like easy !!  :thumbsup:

Hi Trish,

I think the cuts are just way to big to "pill split" on X..  (in general, because some do manage it)

No idea on the book, but pls do let us know, if you end up reading it..

:)

Hi Everyone.. :) (not even sure on my name right now..)

-Back to sleep now for me... -It was a non event last night...

My best to All...

:)

Miyu, Ta for the yellow M&Ms.. :) :) :)

It's called intensol by Roxane. Your pharmacist will know. And someone on the Titration (tapering with liquids) Board can tell you how to work with it. One of the best things about tapering Xanax and Valium is they come already as a liquid so you don't have to dissolve your tablets. You can make much smaller, much more accurate, much less painful cuts when you use a liquid and an oral syringe rather than a pill splitter. :thumbsup:

[b3...]