Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Stut,

such a trying time these empty nests.... And yes think of all the people here who care for you as you have shown so much care to so many here!

I hope that your day goes well...

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Just catching up with a bunch of posts and saw the worry you are going through NJ. 

Here's hoping that you are feeling OK today, get some sleep and that the nausea has passed.  To repeat what someone else has said It's really amazing that you are holding down a job through all of this.

I think your son is lucky to have such a caring mother -- i hope he finds his outdoor group soon and that you all feel supported....

:hug:

SS

Can't,

Thanks for your thoughts on the updose situation. Yep, there's plenty of threads on this clonazepam situation which is why I decided to post here for some advice.

Glad there's agreement here. It's a dumb situation overall, and I call Teva the bad guy in the entire mess.

I usually listen to a podcast when I'm going to sleep. More often than not I fall asleep before it finishes, but some nights I have to listen to 2 or 3. This American Life is so interesting and Ira Glass has such a soothing voice in my opinion. I downloaded the app so I can listen to any one ever made and there are hundreds! Sleep With Me is a great one too, he's so wacky and doesn't make much sense but most of the time it lulls you to sleep.

Well ..... talk about sleep! Last night I did not sleep at all....except from 6:40 to 7:30:a.m. 

That’s  a whopping 50 minutes!  :o::)

Went to tutor a little boy ,came home, ate a sandwich, and took a nap for 1 1/2 hours. ( don’t ask me how I managed that! Small miracle!)

That’s a bit under 2 1/2 hours all together!  Wow...a holiday! Yea, right! LOL.

WEll at LEAST WITH MY EVERY OTHER DAY pattern of sleep it LOOKS LIKE ILL SLEEP REALLY GOOD TONIGHT. Sure hope so!  Looks like we are all in a pattern of very little sleep!

Heath :D:laugh:

Hi everyone,

Trying to catch up on all the posts ..but for my friends who aren't sleeping well I eat 3 to 4 melatonin gummies right before I go to bed and I've been sleeping pretty good. Some nights are tougher than others. Sleep can be a real problem with withdrawal.. It's one of the symptoms I hate the most..

Stut , I hope you're feeling better , you give so much of yourself to the group in the way of support. You reach out to everyone. You have a heart of gold that's obvious. You know I'm a newbie and I have had more support from you and ALL THE OTHERS in the LHSG then I have from friends and family at home. So go ahead and vent what your feeling, everyone here just wants to love and support you. :smitten:

NJ, Sorry you're going through a rough patch , when our children hurt no matter how old they are we hurt too. I went through this with my daughter. She got through it and so will your son. I remember telling my daughter to cry it out and then to get out there and date even if she didn't feel like it.. She did just that even though she really didn't want too. She is now married to the TRUE LOVE of her life  and they have a beautiful daughter. Time will heal your son's broken heart...

Trish

So sorry some are having sleep problems. If I can;t sleep I usually getup and do something , then I go back to bed and try again , I find it better than lying in bed waiting for the sleep that never comes

I'm lucky so far though , I usually do get at least 6 hours...

NJ , I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time.  When I read your posts, I find it amazing that you are able to hold down a job in the midst off all this, it doesn't surprise me that you experience such extreme stress .

Can you listen to any guided medications on YOutube ?  there are a lot of good ones for relaxation and stress release.

I don;t know  if i'm right in saying this , but it seems to me you expect so much of yourself, and that that in itself is a stress.... I know you have responsibilities too ,I'm just wondering if there is anything that you could do for yourself, that would be good self care. Like something that you could do when you come home from work that's "you time" , a bath , a meditation , something gentle that you like to do?

Just a thought , i know it can't be easy with your son and working too.

Sending lots of love to all and lots of calming ZZZZZ's for good sleep

MiYu :smitten: :smitten:

Miyu, Thanks for your kind words. I came home early today, listened to my Jason Stephenson Youtube video, and fell asleep for two hours. It was wonderful. I am struggling with self care with a longer commute (up to an hour each way). The other job was a shorter commute ... I have lost about 5 hours a week. I do exercise--strive for five times a week--but need to do the meditation more. I am too hard on myself. I would like to work part-time but my one son is in private school and the other is in college, so that is not an option right now. Once son one is done, maybe son two will go to a less expensive school that would provide more options. I did take my current job in part because it offers FMLA leave if I need it, it isn't paid but I could afford some non-paid time off if needed.

I always have my eyes open for work from home jobs, and I am hoping eventually that will come my way. I worked from home full time several years ago, and in hindsight, if I had known what lay in store for me i would have stayed with that job. Unfortunately, my job search was long and I did not quite find the right fit. It is better than I was, not the commute, but I was battling a very bad work environment there.

I hope you are feeling okay.

Heath: One last word--okay--two...Hayward fault. Okay. Done! :-\

Hope all you buddies are having an okay day. I just picked up my youngest from basketball camp. He won an award! So so sweet. At least he's having fun. That's probably more important than my state of mind. Well, eases mine anyway.

Heath, I was up all night... fell asleep for like 20 minutes.  SIGH.  I never nap so that never happens.

I realize I was mouth breathing.  Uh, that is not good, right?  Wonder what I can do about that.  I never used to.  My nose is not stuff when upright but maybe when ying down?  Wonder what I can do about that...

NJ; sorry to post insensitive post about my son winning basketball award when you are struggling with yours.  I hadn’t read the thread prior. Anyway, he’s still little so no doubt I have a heap of trouble in store. I hope you are doing okay and apologies, again.

Heath, I was up all night... fell asleep for like 20 minutes.  SIGH.  I never nap so that never happens.

I realize I was mouth breathing.  Uh, that is not good, right?  Wonder what I can do about that.  I never used to.  My nose is not stuff when upright but maybe when ying down?  Wonder what I can do about that...

Thought Id check out the group as I can't sleep , haha ::)

Barb, it may sound weird , but it's a known method to stop mouth breathing ... You put tape  over your r mouth at night ! You can get soft tape at the drug store for medical use , you know that kind of paper tape..... Anyway , thought I'd mention it in case you want to give it a try

Hope we all get some sleep tonight  zzzzz

Love ,

Miyu  :smitten:

Ok another day and now it’s night. 12:07 to be exact. Here goes....hope I sleep.

MiYu.....Thanks for the reminder about the melatonin. I usually take 1 1/2 mg. I took 3mg tonight. Maybe that will work.

💤💤💤💤💤good night

Heath

Happy 4th of July to everyone over the pond.l know you will all celebrate in your own way.

Love Stut X

Barbara,Heath,NJ,TMB, Miyu l know how hideous it is not to get enough sleep so l hope this settles down for you all.

Love Stut X

Hi Trish thank you for your lovely comment this group is about helping as well as receiving help and if anyone comes and feels ignored it really is because their post has been missed.l hope that doesn't happen very often.l hope you have a good day.

Love Stut X

Bluepill.....  RE: Those two last words....(One last word--okay--two...Hayward fault. Okay. Done)

I LOOKED IT UP... OOPS! ..YIKES!  Done!

Hey I’m supposed to be sleeping! Guess this is going to be another long night. Sigh!

Heath, awake again

Begood,Cant, Bluepill,SS, Mary, Olive and everyone else l hope you have a peaceful day.

Love Stut X

Hi Stut, thinking of you, one step at a time. Have a nice day. I am doing well on this Fourth of July. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs My Friend. :smitten:

"Happy Fourth of July"

http://bestanimations.com/Flags/USA/usa-american-flag-waving-in-wind-real-close-up-animated-gif.gif

Happy 4th of July to everyone over the pond.l know you will all celebrate in your own way.

Love Stut X

Thanks Stut, we are supposed to get some rain and we really need it.  Everything is so dry here.

Hope you have a good day, whatever that means for you.  You're a good guy ❤️

NJ; sorry to post insensitive post about my son winning basketball award when you are struggling with yours.  I hadn’t read the thread prior. Anyway, he’s still little so no doubt I have a heap of trouble in store. I hope you are doing okay and apologies, again.

Blue: No need to apologize! Not insensitive at all. Every achievement should be celebrated. That is awesome about the award! Enjoy every moment with him when he is little. We have fostered great relationships with our boys, and it is the thing that I am most proud of in my life.

Hi all, happy 4th of July to those that celebrate.

Update then all feedback appreciated. Still setting back in from travel.  I’ve returened with a definite ms diagnosis. Will be taking injections for that. Will see how that goes. He also wants me to take provigil, thinks fatigue is not from too high benzo dose, would be tolerant to that he thought, but either & or ms or depression. Havnt tried that yet, he wants psych to script it & psych wants to know how he wants it scripted, they both think the other would have best chance of getting i5 approved.

He offered gabapentin, lyrica & cbd oil for pain. I chose CBD oil. Heard it’s expensive. He says it’s good for anxiety & pain. Plus p.t. Exercise etc.

Cant, was wondering what your experience with lyrica has been like for pain? Does one have to take it daily? Build tolerance? Does it mess with gaba? Cause withdrawal? Thanks

Since before I left for trip, I 1st reinstated from 3.25 to 3.5, then stopped crossing over to new generic & was able to get my normal generic in 1mg, & doc wrote it as he had been prior to me trying to taper which is up to 4mg per day.

Prior to trip, I was so tired, but had absolutely no clothes suitable for leaving house so had to shop(which took me forever due to indecisiveness, size, depression, fatigue & having no clue what’s age appropriate, goes together etc) point being it got me even more off schedule & out of keelter than I was to begging with & the trend hasn’t stopped yet.

I started drinking coffee late into the day to function,(this application ed on trip too, then needing to get to sleep so could function the next day. Vicious cycle. So in addition to updosing from my cut, I started taking my ‘allowed’ extra .5mg @bedout of fear that the next day would be blown or I could just tell I wouldn’t sleep if I didn’t take 2.5 instead of 2mg k.

I’ve done this before & worked my bed dose back down, not really knowing what I was doing. So I intend to try to start reducing it again tonight but I only have 1mgs not my noermal 5mgs to work my way back down as far as cutting goes. All thoughts appreciated. Have I totally messed up? Can I taper bed dose back down? Fairly quickly? Anyone else done this?

Should I quit coffee again? Or would only quitting it past certain time in morning suffice until I really taper again?

Now there’s still the fact that I’m going to have to choose another generic clonazapam to crossover to, too. What to do about that. Brand too expensive. Pharmacies can’t guarantee that any certain one will steadily stay in stock. Other clonazapam takers affected by teva discontinuing or just advice in general about this is appreciated.

You know I want to thank all of you for taking the time to care about me & apologize that I’ve got much going on with medical, & havnt read everyone’s bios yet. I’ve a feeling this will be my group, when I get started back on taper. You’ve all been so kind & patient.

Hope you’re all well. XO SC

[11...]