Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Well, since my last posts were talking about how bad things have been since the horrible wave hit on 4/22, I just wanted to post that we're having a dramatically better day (we can't believe it!).  She's much calmer and the anxiety is much lower.  The only thing we did differently yesterday was that last night we gave her a methyl folate. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but a month ago, I did the same thing, gave her a methyl folate and the next day she was dramatically calmer. But when I did it the second night in a row, her anxiety was back, so we stopped. We'll have to maybe try it just every other day or so and see if it can help.

Esperanza-  I don't have time to get into the details of our situation, but all I can say is that for us, holding is the only way we can possibly survive this nightmare.  I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences from holding. 

Well, since my last posts were talking about how bad things have been since the horrible wave hit on 4/22, I just wanted to post that we're having a dramatically better day (we can't believe it!).  She's much calmer and the anxiety is much lower.  The only thing we did differently yesterday was that last night we gave her a methyl folate. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but a month ago, I did the same thing, gave her a methyl folate and the next day she was dramatically calmer. But when I did it the second night in a row, her anxiety was back, so we stopped. We'll have to maybe try it just every other day or so and see if it can help.

Esperanza-  I don't have time to get into the details of our situation, but all I can say is that for us, holding is the only way we can possibly survive this nightmare.  I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences from holding.

I hope you've hit on something.  You all need a break.  Our thoughts are with u :smitten: :smitten:

So I am coming up on a year long hold after being upped back to 5mgs, and I never stabilized. I take mine every 3 and a half hours because I have internet dose withdrawals. It's not all been bad, but I am just wondering when I'll ever just feel okay. I landed in the ER a few nights ago and got adivan in my IV and it didn't do anything. I am scared, that things are never going to get better. My family doctor told me I need to remember even at 5mg I'm at half the dose I was on and my body is still withdrawaling.

Hi Esperanza l think you should hold.l believe your taper is too fast and you are not allowing your brain to adapt to any reduction.l can't count the number of people that have tapered fast and had to reinstate so please give yourself a chance to recover from a cut before you cut again.

The doctor is correct it is 10 or 5 % of the dose you are on now not the dose you started on.Forget about the Manuel be guided by your symptoms and take it at your own pace.

Love Stut X

Hi lostdaydreaming l am sorry you are suffering so much.l wish l could give you definitive answers but l can't.l assume you went to the ER as you had a panic attack.l don't know if you are having any therapy to  help you with anxiety and panic attacks.

I know there are a few people here that have tapered off Xanax so l hope they give

you some advice.Everyone has a different example when they hold.

Love Stut X

Begood,Cant,Heath, Mary,SS, Barbara, Miyu TMB Gard and everyone here l am hoping you are feeling better than yesterday.

Love Stut X

Begood,Cant,Heath, Mary,SS, Barbara, Miyu TMB Gard and everyone here l am hoping you are feeling better than yesterday.

Love Stut X

Healing and love to everyone of you guys this a m.  Hope your day is at that least ok :smitten: :smitten:

Love Stut X

Hugs to you Stut and all, hope this day is better for each one of you. One step at a time. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Hi, Stut.  Hoping you and all the others are better, too.

Had hellacious day yesterday and not much better today.  But I did take about 300 mg gabapentin so got some sleep.  Still was not great but no sleep, no way I can taper off.  My no sleep is not just withdrawal no sleep, it the whole reason am on benzos.

Yesterday just was flat out could not move, so depressed.  Today panicky but got out for an hour.

I am wondering if a few drops of cbd oil few days in row (3) set me off the other day.  So hard to know.  So crazy small amounts of anything can do so much.

Grumble, grumble...

Espiranza,

Hey, being lost on posting is my middle name  ;D  I feel a bit better that an admin has said after you reply to a post, yes, you are not in the thread any more but kicked out back to the topic.... royal pain!  Yes, hard to navigate for sure.  Guess answering a few posts is better than none... I can't recall all that I've read before I am tossed out then get frustrated.

Oh, Lost...  you are on ativan?  Sounds like your dr. is working with you so that is good.

OK, over and out.

Take care, all.

Love Stut X

Hugs to you Stut and all, hope this day is better for each one of you. One step at a time. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Hi Guys...

:)

Not much good for anything today... I guess I can say the valium aspect if my taper seems to be going ok... 

As for the rest... -Pfffttt... -next... Bring on tomorrow...

Got my knee Xrayed today, -day 11 -I think..? No report yet, but I cant see anything obvious...

Hey Get this... Took C15 to Drs with me, (fill in while mine is away).. She started asking about ADHD because he was cold and bouncing his legs.. She was quite insistant on him trying a medication?? To see if it helped..!! -I dont think she likes me anymore..!!

-It was an AD for me last month...!!

What chance do kids have these days...

Glad my Dr is her boss.. -after all the work we have done learning together and getting to here...

Hope everyone is hanging in..

Strength to all that need..

Oh God Can't did you not punch her lol.lf that's a sign everyone l know including myself has ADHD.

The papers here covered a study to see why so many people are not reaching 70 years of age and they are now saying that everyone is being over medicated.l have to say l am not surprised.

I hope your knee isn't broken and the withdrawal symptoms settle down over the weekend.

Love Stut X

Love Stut X

Hi Guys...

Not much good for anything today... I guess I can say the valium aspect if my taper seems to be going ok... 

As for the rest... -Pfffttt... -next... Bring on tomorrow...

Got my knee Xrayed today, -day 11 -I think..? No report yet, but I cant see anything obvious...

Hey Get this... Took C15 to Drs with me, (fill in while mine is away).. She started asking about ADHD because he was cold and bouncing his legs.. She was quite insistant on him trying a medication?? To see if it helped..!! -I dont think she likes me anymore..!!

-It was an AD for me last month...!!

What chance do kids have these days...

Glad my Dr is her boss.. -after all the work we have done learning together and getting to here...

Hope everyone is hanging in..

Strength to all that need..

Hey Cant glad you got knee XRAY, better safe than sorry, I know you can handle a lot, but no use making things worse. Oh what a horrible thing to try to put C15 on meds, thankfully you are not a parent that allows the Doctor to make the rules...so unreal...being cold and then being offered medication...we know what back pocket they are in.... :tickedoff: Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Thanks BG and Stut,

A good eye opener for C15, -we discussed the whole thing...

And MY Dr who owns the practice will hear all about it...

But I am but a drop in the ocean, and the scripts must be written...

I have overheard too many conversations with medicine reps now...

Today I heard one say she couldnt leave "the" samples unless she actually saw the Drs to get them to sign... -sure enough, she got them out of the "meeting"...  I know im speculating a little, but not much...

Be well..

Thank you for your reply. I realize I have to slow this down. Gutting it out is not how to do this. If it was, I would try. The responses I have received have given me such welcome guidance. Thanks so very much, esperanza

If anyone is tapering klonopin, I would like to ask how long to hold in order to stabilize.  I know it is variable.  I have to slow myself down. Thanks, esperanza

Thank you for your reply. I realize I have to slow this down. Gutting it out is not how to do this. If it was, I would try. The responses I have received have given me such welcome guidance. Thanks so very much, esperanza

You hold until you symptoms settle down.  No time frame.  When that happens, start out slowly, say 5 to 7%for first 2 weeks.  See how your symptoms do.  If you are in decent shape, you can try a little more, if not, lower the % or stretch out the time between cuts.  Let your symptoms guide you.  We will always be here  ;)

You hold until you symptoms settle down.  No time frame.  When that happens, start out slowly, say 5 to 7%for first 2 weeks.  See how your symptoms do.  If you are in decent shape, you can try a little more, if not, lower the % or stretch out the time between cuts.  Let your symptoms guide you.  We will always be here  ;)

I agree with this, although I would say cut no more than 3 percent of your current dose when you are ready. I think more conservative can be better. When I am actively tapering, I always hold a dose cut for at least a week.

OK, the way I'm going is not working.

I know one dr. says add in gabapentin.

Since I am the one who decided to get off this stuff, on my own, does it make sense to add a bit of valium for a few days see if that gets me stable?  Isn't that better than adding a new med?  I imagine most tried that long since.  ??  IF were stable and functional, mostly, then maybe could taper.  But with no sleep and unable to do much, and all alone, this impossible.

Thanks.

OK, the way I'm going is not working.

I know one dr. says add in gabapentin.

Since I am the one who decided to get off this stuff, on my own, does it make sense to add a bit of valium for a few days see if that gets me stable?  Isn't that better than adding a new med?  I imagine most tried that long since.  ??  IF were stable and functional, mostly, then maybe could taper.  But with no sleep and unable to do much, and all alone, this impossible.

Thanks.

Hi Barbara  :hug: it may take longer than a few days but if you have enough spare I would  personally rather take the Valium and hold for a while longer than a few day's if needed, I was on a ship load of different drugs including Lyrica which is 400% stronger than Gabapentin , but a newer generation of the same drug and works the same way its just a LOT stronger.

For a ship load of symptoms that kept getting misdiagnosed until I researched and found out I had been in ''True tolerance withdrawal''  for over 10 year's which is withdrawal at your FULL prescribed dose not normal expected  withdrawal symptoms from cutting or ongoing withdrawal symptoms from the cutting while holding. And none of them helped plus I also unbeknown to me the time had side effect from the other drugs on top of hell tolerance withdrawal, then withdrawal from coming off the  gang of other drugs on top of everything else plus I had been CT'd off 40mg of Temazepam a night.

But that's my personal opinion  what I would do and a million% what I WOULD have done back in the past had I known the truth, I would NOT have added any other !"£%*(?@!! drugs into the brew, and just tapered and held as much or as long as I needed, I once held 2 year's before I got stabilized and was doing okay tapering at my own rate until I cut at Ashton's, but a 1mg per month not 1 or 2 weeks apart and it was still to fast  a rate and its still  WAY too fast for me and my new Doctors done THAT to me AGAIN against my will !!!!!!  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello all you other fellow Benzo warriors  :hug:.. :oXo: And trouble makers  :pokey:........ ;D. Below is the latest ''episode'' of '''A Day In The Life Of Nova, FML !! >:('' I've copied and pasted it off my other thread. :)

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE WORK OUT HOW MANY 2MG PILLS I NEED TO TAPER FROM 7MG DIAZEPAM

« Reply #10 on: 23 June 2018, 08:23:23 »

Quote from: GreenCup on 22 June 2018, 17:40:54

Okay, challenge accepted.

First Month, 7mg, 3.5 2mg tablets

3.5 * 28 = 98

2nd Month, 6mg, 3 2mg tablets

3 * 28 = 84

3rd Month, 5mg, 2.5 2mg tablets

2.5 * 28 = 70

4th Month, 4mg, 2 2mg tablets

2 * 28 = 56

5th Month, 3mg, 1.5 2mg tablets

1.5 * 28 = 42

6th Month, 2mg, 1 2mg tablet

1 * 28 = 28

7th Month, 1mg, .5 2mg tablet

.5 * 28 = 14

Add them up, and I get, 392.

Hi GC  :hug: yep! your correct :thumbsup: I've just rechecked my figures and realised  I was using the wrong bloody key  on the keyboard to add up  or multiply all the time as my heads all over the place  ::) So I've worked out between what I've got stashed and how many I got left to come off the doctor, and bits I got saved in a dark airtight glass jar  which I totally forgotten I have I accidentally came across it while looking for something else.  AMEN!!! 🙏  From cuts over the last  few year's I should be able to slow it down from 1mg per month to .5mg per month as Diazepam has a shelf life of 5 year's according to manufacturers as long as its kept in  its original pack, bottle, or  a dark airtight container or away from moisture.

I've also read around lots of recreational drug forums where lots  people seriously abuse Benzo's which I never did, and die hard Benzo freaks have kept them in  just see through sandwich bags all over the place and taken them year's later and they were still potent. And there were a lot of people that had taken 10 year old ones and even older and they still worked , plus in a lot of cases there were just kept in plastic bags or loose in cupboards  draws pockets.

Pills in plastic is ok intravenous Diazepam gets absorbed by the plastic its manufactured in .I also read a Government case where they found and tested a stash of different pills,( but they never said which ones) that are over 30 year's old, and they were STILL potent although some of them were only 80% potent, so I'm not going to be bothered about the ones I found as there still within the manufacturers recommended shelf life any way. Man! I cannot tell you how grateful I am I found them, although I'm still full of anxiety and paranoia that this bloody Doctor triggered off even worse when I had it already from withdrawal by ripping me off the Diazepam a LOT faster than I wanted to taper >:(

Plus I have to ring every week for my Diazepam prescription instead of once a month like my old Doctor did it and also allowed me to taper at my own rate, and this new surgery have forgotten to put my Diazepam repeat in with the pharmacist a few times as well, I then had to spent ALL day on the phone with the pharmacy and the Doctors surgery trying to get it sorted as an emergency MORE stress  :tickedoff:  .

As I cant let on I have any spare ones as this Doctor's told me he will not allow a monthly prescription as once they take  everyone off AGAINST their will and at the DOCTORS imposed too fast taper rate, that the people tend to take MORE than the forced taper rate?? Any wonder why when you've been prescribed them for bloody years? of And I've forgotten a couple of times  I have to ring every bloody week  until  the last second, so now I got post it notes and send myself emails and texts as a reminder.  :-\

Hopefully it will ease up soon now I've found the other spares as well and know I got some lee way at least I can slow it down a bit, and hopefully won't have to hold as it was humanly impossible to carry on no matter what I had to hold a couple of extra weeks this month even If I didn't have any spare then I would have ended up CT'd  :D Now I can slow down it down hopefully this wave will pass sooner rather than later.

I am now going marry Green Cup!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:...... And kill My neighbor whose now banging and DIY-ing on the walls again!!! >:( |!"$£^&(?@! like i said FLM!  ::)

Hi Nova thank God for Creencup l think you should send her a bouquet of flowers.l am glad you have enough to slow your taper down a bit.That doctor is an overbearing prick who needs taken down a peg or two.l don't think he would last long as my doctor.

I had my share of noisy neighbours when l lived in the City thankfully not now.lf it continues call your council and get health and safety on it.

Love Stut X

Barbara l agree with Nova if l were you l would probably try a crossover to valium to see if that helps with your taper.

Love Stut X

[71...]