Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Gard, Stut, Mary, NJ, MiYu, Olive, Barbara

Thank you for your kind thoughts about the issue with my oldest son distancing himself and his family from my benzo w/d issues.

An understatement to say it hurts - my wife and I simply cannot believe it is happening. We did not ask for anything from them. Makes me really feel like damaged goods and further isolated.

Enough said. Thanks again for the support. I need to protect myself now and see if I can compartmentalize this somehow.

Tmb,

Oh yes, I hear you!

Compartmentalize! Easier said than done. I wish someone would teach me how to do that. Seems I always let one worry color my whole day. Just can’t put it away somewhere. How does one do that when a loved one is involved?

Sometimes it helps to tell myself, ...This too shall pass.

I feel for you Tmb.  However, I bet that it’s likely, one day soon, although I don’t understand grown kids a lot of the time, or what their thought process is,  your son and his family, will realize what they are doing and they will slowly creep back to you and your wife.  The kids normally do see the light eventually and do come home sooner or later.

Crossing my fingers for or you!

Heath

HI everyone , sending healing hugs to all today...

can I revisit the generic question again ?

My pharmacy has changed its generic AGAIN , from Sandoz to Northstar, who I've never heard of ,

I found some Tevas at Rite Aid , so I'll go with them for now.

But I'd love some feedback from anyone who has taken .5mg  clonazepam generics-

Solco

Accord

these are the other two that Rite Aid carries, for when I may have to switch from Teva,

I did add one SAndoz to my other Teva mix this last week , and haven't noticed anything. Anyways... Sandoz is also discontinuing so , I want to find something I can hopefully depend on for a while...

thanks all,

love, MiYu :smitten: :smitten:

Hi all l just catching up on the last gazillion pages !  :o

Hope everyone is hanging in there with whatever life is bringing .

I had a horrible day! One's of THOSE days , where you feel it will never end and what am I doing Wrong , did I eat something , take something, could I do something different that would make this easier etc.

then the end of the day comes and it's another day over ......

Hoping for a better day tomorrow .

I just decided to add one sandoz Clonazepam to my new liquid , along with three Teva to make the switch gradually , and then by chance I see a post saying that sandoz is also discontinuing Clonazepam !! Whaaaat .....

What now ? No Teva and no Sandoz. Teva bought activas and will sell that brand . I'd like to just get one and not have to worry about it . Wonder how much the Roche brand costs ?

Need to make some calls before messing around with all this , things a re hard enough and don't want to take any unneccesary  risks

Well time to try and sleep .... Not so easy these days .

Goodnight ,

Love, miyu  :smitten: :smitten:

About $150.00 with a discount coupon you can use over and over at Walmart.

thank you PBH, oohh, too pricey fro my budget though  :smitten:

How are you doing these days ?

Thank you for asking; but I’m beyond struggling... I don’t know how to do this anymore....

Thank you STut! You too. Heath, glad it was the Remeron. Phew. tMB, thinking of you.

Thanks, bluepill. The support from this group is incredible!

Thank you for your kind thoughts about the issue with my oldest son distancing himself and his family from my benzo w/d issues.

An understatement to say it hurts - my wife and I simply cannot believe it is happening. We did not ask for anything from them. Makes me really feel like damaged goods and further isolated.

Enough said. Thanks again for the support. I need to protect myself now and see if I can compartmentalize this somehow.

Tmb,

Oh yes, I hear you!

Compartmentalize! Easier said than done. I wish someone would teach me how to do that. Seems I always let one worry color my whole day. Just can’t put it away somewhere. How does one do that when a loved one is involved?

Sometimes it helps to tell myself, ...This too shall pass.

I feel for you Tmb.  However, I bet that it’s likely, one day soon, although I don’t understand grown kids a lot of the time, or what their thought process is,  your son and his family, will realize what they are doing and they will slowly creep back to you and your wife.  The kids normally do see the light eventually and do come home sooner or later.

Crossing my fingers for or you!

Heath

Heath - I so hope that you are right. The fact that our access to our granddaughter is involved makes this even more emotional. I remember having issues at times with my parents. But, we always made sure that our kids had good relationships and access to their grandparents.

First compartment named "I am not damaged goods".....I will leave it at that

You're right, Mary. I need to keep that in perspective.

TMB-  Oh that's so sad about your son.  I don't even know what to say. 

I'm just trying to catch up on this thread.  I am about to run out of my .25 tablets, so I am going back to liquid and prepping myself to slowly taper down.  I've actually been feeling pretty good the last few days.  Finally, a window. 

I read this thing about anger, in a book by Steven Stosny, and  I thought I would share it.  He basically says that we feel anger to make ourselves feel better, because something is making us feel bad.  The good feeling is temporary and doesn't solve the problem that caused the anger.  It is worthwhile to figure out the thing that caused the anger so you can figure out how to solve the problem.  This is a way to listen to the anger and view it as an alarm system to ourselves that something needs to be paid attention to. 

I've paraphrased but that is the gist of it. 

Yes, I don't get the compartmentalize thing.

Many many moons ago, went out with a guy and when the relationship was over, it was over, out of mind.  I just don't see how anyone can do that with someone they really (alledgedly) love.

I guess it is a skill we need in this modern world more than ever.  But I miss the concepts of friendships and relationships for life... and loyalty... and stuff like that.

I'm struggling with "best" friend of 55 years, who said I was family, that we'd be next door in the nursing home together, IGNORING me.

Stut is right, if you talk about yourself that gets old to most people, even if you do have a need to vent .  I'm guilty of that.  Last time "friend" called was so down and out really I could not converse and her talking about her upcoming trips and successes left me cold and I sure could not relate.  I guess our relationship, if at all, is her telling me how well she is doing.

After too rapid a taper from 1 mg Klonopin to .5 mg, and after two years holding and getting back to baseline, I am ready to start tapering again. I am hoping, maybe unrealistically, that it just might, maybe, be a little less horrid since my body adjusted to the lower dose and I only have minor anxiety at this point. I guess I will start the liquid taper this time. Any recommendations?

After too rapid a taper from 1 mg Klonopin to .5 mg, and after two years holding and getting back to baseline, I am ready to start tapering again. I am hoping, maybe unrealistically, that it just might, maybe, be a little less horrid since my body adjusted to the lower dose and I only have minor anxiety at this point. I guess I will start the liquid taper this time. Any recommendations?

Hi One,

That is sure a good hold... -all I would suggest is to ease into this taper nice and slow, particilarly the first few weeks... 

Good to see you, and best wishes...!!

:)

The daily micro liquid titration, look it up in searc, tons of info and then ask for help from builder.  He is our mentor on dmlt :)

I had a horrible day! One's of THOSE days , where you feel it will never end and what am I doing Wrong , did I eat something , take something, could I do something different that would make this easier etc.

I just decided to add one sandoz Clonazepam to my new liquid , along with three Teva to make the switch gradually , and then by chance I see a post saying that sandoz is also discontinuing Clonazepam !! Whaaaat .....

What now ? No Teva and no Sandoz. Teva bought activas and will sell that brand . I'd like to just get one and not have to worry about it . Wonder how much the Roche brand costs ?

Need to make some calls before messing around with all this , things a re hard enough and don't want to take any unneccesary  risks

Goodnight ,

Thank you for asking; but I’m beyond struggling... I don’t know how to do this anymore....

I'm sorry to hear that PleasebH..... I know it's really hard and you have been at this a while, but you will heal , it's such a long journey , just keep getting through each day as best you can, and find as much support and distraction to get you through the days ,

love, MiYu

Hi one dlmt seems to be the way to go l am considering it when l resume my taper.Builder is very experienced and helps so many on this forum why he isn't a member of the team l will never know.

Stut X

Recommendations? Sure .... GO SLOW!

Actually I am on valium, not klonopin. Being at .5 was a very difficult time for me. being so low, one would think it would be a picnic to get off. But actually, you have to go very slow. 5% of your last dose ( which is a recommended pace each month,) is going to be much smaller at a low dose. It therefore is going to be aslow process to get off.

So you will need lots of patience!

Be careful and cautious and younwill do fine. Don’t try to rush it because you will mess your self up.

Heath

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Hi Begood,Cant,Heath, Valley, Mary,SS, Greencup,Gard,TMB, Barbara, Miyu and everyone else here l hope today is a steady day for you all.

Love Stut X

Hi Begood,Cant,Heath, Valley, Mary,SS, Greencup,Gard,TMB, Barbara, Miyu and everyone else here l hope today is a steady day for you all.

Love Stut X

Morning Stut, missed you yesterday, hope you are doing well, I know that you are going through a lot right now. I hope you will have the time you need with daughter before she leaves. Placing my plog progress today. Stay Strong and Stand Tall. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Thank begood a lot going on at the moment so will be more sporadic however know that I am always wishing you well my friend.l will be reading your blog.

Love and hugs Stut X

Thank begood a lot going on at the moment so will be more sporadic however know that I am always wishing you well my friend.l will be reading your blog.

Love and hugs Stut X

I understand, thinking of you. :hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten:

Hi Guys,

Bad day, so just reading, and a few blurts here n there...

The joys of multiple meds...

Wishing you all the best...

Love Stut X

Morning everyone  :) hope everyone has a decent day :smitten:

Goodnight ,

I'm sorry to hear that PleasebH..... I know it's really hard and you have been at this a while, but you will heal , it's such a long journey , just keep getting through each day as best you can, and find as much support and distraction to get you through the days ,

love, MiYu

Thank you for your kindness and encouragement....the same healing wishes back to u xxxxxooooo

Hope everyone is doing better than we are.

We got hit with a bad wave back on 4/22 and we're still struggling.  No signs of settling down. Still cant' believe this is where we are, when back in Feb we thought we were close to having things settle down.  In a couple of days (6/22) we will hit our 9 month mark for holding.  We are scared things will never settle down. If we could just get the GI symptoms to settle down, we would be doing much better. Having GI symptoms at the same times as a bathroom phobia has made things beyond difficult. We keep holding on to the stories of how other people had symptom settle down while holding and hope and pray somehow we get there

Hi Guys,

U too Cantfly, feel better :smitten:

Hi Guys,

Hope tomorrow is better.  :smitten:

Can't--Sorry things aren't better for you today.

Laura--I don't know if your sister is having diarrhea, have you tried zofran? It is very constipating and might help her. It does act somehow on serotonin but is not really (I don't think) considered a psych drug. They give it to pregnant ladies so the safety profile is pretty good.

I am also having a challenging day after a horrific night. Situation with my mom exploded, my sister who lives near her (I am two hours away) just keeps dropping the ball and is now blaming me for things which have nothing to do with me. So nauseous last night, loaded up on compazine, today have bad diarrhea and have a work thing that will go until 9 tonight. But I soldier on. I just need the week to be done. Going to the medical marijuana dispensary for the first time Thursday. Going to try to make a tincture which takes I think about a week to process, so hopefully by the last weekend in June will be able to see if this is really going to help me or not. I only experiment with new things on the weekends.

[c1...]