Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Valley you have brought hope and a renewed optimism back to this little group.lt is so good to have you back and if it keeps you here l will personally send you over a few hens called Molly and Dolly lol.

Love Stut X

Huh.  Well as of now root canal guy said could not recommend as nerve viable and no sensitivies to what he tested.

You do know root canals fail, then you get an extraction.  Happened to me years ago-- sigh. 

Oh for God's sake they are doing a bit of messing about l don't know why they just don't do the root canal and be done with it.

I will ask again Barbara is this an expert regarding your sleep disorder?

Love Stut X

I went that route, albeit 40 years ago.

But don't believe any more is known now than then.

I suppose could start that all over...  have no hopes for it, though.

If it were apnea they could do something but no reason to feel it is that.  I'm up and awake, sometimes days at a time.  There is a med for non 24 but it is $10,000/month and based on melatonin which I generally have bad reaction to.  The company sometimes will give sample if dr. indicates it.

I think Barbara it is probably a bit of both.The nerves in the teeth are hyper sensitive when withdrawing from these meds.Probably the dentist working on it has made it worse.l know l get what feels like neuralgia in my teeth.l have had all the tests done X-ray etc but nothing shows up.lt tends to come in spells.l hope it eases off for you.

As for lack of ability to make decisions l know that one well.Yes it is a withdrawal symptom.It probably is one of the most frustrating things about withdrawal.It probably is due to depression and anxiety which most people have during withdrawal and will ease with time.

Love Stut X

I too have had pain on my teeth on two separate occasions during my taper. Both times, two different dentists could not find anything wrong, and both times it went away on it’s own.  :crazy:

So yes, withdrawal symptoms definitely can include teeth nerve stuff.

I’m sure it will pass in a week or two.

Heath

Heath l am not convinced that the remoron is the cause of your pains l think you really need a good long hold to allow your brain to regroup before your final creep off.l know that is frustrating but it is what it is and better to hold now than be slammed when you get off.

Love Stut X

Oh yes! Of course! I AM IN A HOLD RIGHT NOW! entering the second week. Will hold for a long time this time. Don’t like the wdsx I am getting. I’m still very functional but my sleep is going south and the muscles cramps and spasms in my neck and left arm and upper back have not ceased.  :tickedoff: So yes, not to worry, I AM HOLDING! Thanks!

Heath :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hope everyone is doing better today

So Barbara it's your family doctor that is advising gabapentin? Sorry for asking so many questions.

Love Stut X

Good Heath you have been through so much l think that is a very wise decision.l hope your pain eases quickly.

Love Stut X

I think Barbara it is probably a bit of both.The nerves in the teeth are hyper sensitive when withdrawing from these meds.Probably the dentist working on it has made it worse.l know l get what feels like neuralgia in my teeth.l have had all the tests done X-ray etc but nothing shows up.lt tends to come in spells.l hope it eases off for you.

As for lack of ability to make decisions l know that one well.Yes it is a withdrawal symptom.It probably is one of the most frustrating things about withdrawal.It probably is due to depression and anxiety which most people have during withdrawal and will ease with time.

Love Stut X

I second this..!!

Stut......

Me too, hope the pain eases. It’s been too long. Actually, I can take i5 during the day...it’s not that bad, more of an annoyance. It’s when it keeps me up at night that makes me crazy.

And dont recommend sleep meds. I will never put another sleep med in my mouth as long as I live.  Ben there, done that! That’s what got me into valium in the first place. The only thing I take is 3.75 mg mirtazapine....but even that I take extremely infrequently.

I’ll just hang ina d hold. I’m sure time will take care of this mess.

Thanks for your support and for keeping me from cheating!

Heath :smitten:

It’s 2:18 a.m. here in Los Angeles .  Why am I still awake? Oh golly! Time to try to sleep....again! Maybe this time I will Sleep?

Heath

Love Stut X

I too have had pain on my teeth on two separate occasions during my taper. Both times, two different dentists could not find anything wrong, and both times it went away on it’s own.  :crazy:

So yes, withdrawal symptoms definitely can include teeth nerve stuff.

I’m sure it will pass in a week or two.

Heath

Hi Heath, Stut and Barbara...

I have felt like i have had the odd hole, and teeth are sensitive.. and my gums are fragile...

There have been threads on this tooth stuff...

:)

It’s 2:18 a.m. here in Los Angeles .  Why am I still awake? Oh golly! Time to try to sleep....again! Maybe this time I will Sleep?

Heath

Raw organic carrots..?? Lol...

-sorry, that might stretch some memories...!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9OE3kPGE82ZhWFtIEQMGrU8sCWG1MVLd5O3Shi5Popd0QC9rY

Hi Cant how has your day been feeling any more stable?

Love Stut X

Hi Stut..

Im hanging in there... some stuff bugging me...

Hope you are doing ok too...?

Same here cant oh well this to will pass.l can safely assume l will only be doing this once.Never ever again.Have a good rest and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Love Stut X

Begood, Mary, Bluepill,NJ,SC, Greencup,tntd and anyone l have missed l hope your day is going well.

Love Stut X

Morning Stut, hope that you are faring well and enjoying your day, I am going to get my other cuppa of Joe. Make the day the best that you can.I am doing well. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Holy cow!  I forgot how hard it is to keep up with this group lol. 

Heath - I wish I had the answwer for insomnia.  I only had trouble with it early in the taper.  I do believe if you can do some kind of exercising to help you get tired (which I’m sure you’re doing when you can) it will help a little. :)—V

Valley you have brought hope and a renewed optimism back to this little group.lt is so good to have you back and if it keeps you here l will personally send you over a few hens called Molly and Dolly lol.

Love Stut X

Thanks Stut!  I need to get back to all social media.  I haven’t done any for the past couple of months. :)—V

Valley!!! so good to see you !! we were worried ..... I'm so glad you are doing well. I'm really happy for you , love, MiYu  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Hi MiYu! :)—V

Oh thank God Valley l had you in your bed with a duvet over your head lol.So pleased you are doing well.Stress really is a killer l hope the family issues are all sorted.Welcome back.

Love Stut X

Hi Stut!  I am so sorry if you thought the worst.  It has been an insane time with family and work and being so exhausted and telling myself “I’ll post tomorrow” and then forgetting.  I got out of the habit of checking every day but now that work is done for a while, have less issues to deal with lol. :)—V

Hi Valley,

I know that feeling. So much going on here as well.  Congratulations on your jump!!  I wish you nothing but the best. 

Anne

Thank you Anne!  :)—V

[bf...]