Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, know I missed replies.. :(

Resting and recouperating... I did go for a ride up the back with C15, and it was a ton of fun..!! Even with impared reflexes... Bugger I sprained my knee badly...  -But thats riding..!!

SC -Builder and others have a complete range of info, not all will fit your situation, probably taper speeds and sensitivity.. But we are not sure where you sit on that account yet either...

It did take a couple of hours over time to sift through the posts, but I knew roughly what Builder had been discussing at the time... (about a year or more ago) I think the process of sifting and picking was an important part.. -The dots connected slowly from different angles... There may be info in the orange "stickies" too, im not sure...

Pls dont overthink this, you will be suprised at the simplicity once understood. -Small steps... :)

You mentioned doing an experiment with the CO "to see"..

There may be times you benifit from this, but look at risk vs benifit... In this case, you may never do another CO, and other recent dosage factors would muddy the waters a bit...

Sit tight, and hang in there...

:)

Thanks can’t,

When you say I mentioned doing an experiment with the crossover to see...

Are you referring me wanting to try more than one generic to crossover to?

I was thinking of having a week of a different generic ordered to try in case this one doesn’t work out. Is that what you mean, are referring to?

At any rate, is what your suggesting that I stick with the generic I’m crossing to(as long as it’s available) even if it’s an updose & causes fatigue(better than withdrawal I suppose) instead of trying different generics to cross to. Stick with this for a good while as long as is tolerable?

Sorry if already asked & answered. Want to do right thing & make sure pharmacy has what I need, either way I go.

Thanks SC

Begood your words mean the world to me.l know l will get through this with my friends here.lt is such a comfort to know you and everyone else is here for me.

Begood l hope your day brings peace and joy.

Love and hugs Stut X  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Stut,

I don’t have children, fur babies. So I really can’t grasp what your going through. You will both miss each other, I know that & like be good said, you’ll have face time, phone calls etc. Hey what about an oil fashioned handwritten, put in the mailbox letter & or care package now & then. Just a thought, may help. You will get through this, of course you will.

Wishing you peace & love SC xx

Scardie,I think you are going to do well, once you read all you can and feel more comfortable with your taper plan, I remember another member here that went through the same as you have, wondering and not sure, but she came through it and so will you. First try to not be too hard on yourself, this takes time and much patience and then more time. I would read each one of the long list of propaganda it has helped many to believe that they will make this, it will be bumpy, but many have walked off and are healed or healing. Read all of Heath's posts if you can, she is the one I am speaking of, she came a long way and now giving sound advice and you will too. Hang in there. Stay Strong. and Stand Tall. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

PS. When you are ready to taper look up builder he is patient and very knowledgeable.

Thank you, for the warm welcome, direction, & encouragement begood.

Where is the long list of propaganda?

Appreciate heads up about heath & builder.

Made me feel better.

SC xx  :smitten:

Go back a page, Nova just posted it for us again. great inspiring read, one day you will have pearls of wisdom there for others too. :smitten:

Ok, great thanks!

Not sure what you’ve read about me but I cut & held about 7% for a few days, reinstated on 6/10 I think & am currently crossing over to new generic clonazapam after being on the same one for 8 years. So am just trying to stabilize after reinstating & adjust to crossover.

Saturday I’ll be all the way crossed over.

So far all of new generic have been taken in pm, so not sure if it will be too sedating or an updose or if it will agree in other ways.

Million dollar question...Should I just stick with the generic I’m crossing over to for a good bit, if pharmacy can get it, even if it’s an updose(sedation cog fog depression) or should I have another generic on order in the works (ordered by pharmacist)to try if this generic goes south?

Thanks & sorry if already answered am confused because one person said to try different ones, others, I believe think I should stick with what I’m crossing over to. Be well, SC

Do what you feel is best for you, mostly we try to help one another, but the big picture, we already know what we want to do. Trust your self and remember we all make mistakes some of the time. You will be OK. Now read that long list. :smitten:

Thanks. I guess I won’t know what I want to do till I’m all the way onto new current generic. I read part of list & saved the entire thing in a safe place. Be well :smitten:

Begood your words mean the world to me.l know l will get through this with my friends here.lt is such a comfort to know you and everyone else is here for me.

Stut,

I don’t have children, fur babies. So I really can’t grasp what your going through. You will both miss each other, I know that & like be good said, you’ll have face time, phone calls etc. Hey what about an oil fashioned handwritten, put in the mailbox letter & or care package now & then. Just a thought, may help. You will get through this, of course you will.

Scardie,I think you are going to do well, once you read all you can and feel more comfortable with your taper plan, I remember another member here that went through the same as you have, wondering and not sure, but she came through it and so will you. First try to not be too hard on yourself, this takes time and much patience and then more time. I would read each one of the long list of propaganda it has helped many to believe that they will make this, it will be bumpy, but many have walked off and are healed or healing. Read all of Heath's posts if you can, she is the one I am speaking of, she came a long way and now giving sound advice and you will too. Hang in there. Stay Strong. and Stand Tall. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

PS. When you are ready to taper look up builder he is patient and very knowledgeable.

Made me feel better.

Go back a page, Nova just posted it for us again. great inspiring read, one day you will have pearls of wisdom there for others too. :smitten:

Ok, great thanks!

Not sure what you’ve read about me but I cut & held about 7% for a few days, reinstated on 6/10 I think & am currently crossing over to new generic clonazapam after being on the same one for 8 years. So am just trying to stabilize after reinstating & adjust to crossover.

So far all of new generic have been taken in pm, so not sure if it will be too sedating or an updose or if it will agree in other ways.

Million dollar question...Should I just stick with the generic I’m crossing over to for a good bit, if pharmacy can get it, even if it’s an updose(sedation cog fog depression) or should I have another generic on order in the works (ordered by pharmacist)to try if this generic goes south?

Thanks & sorry if already answered am confused because one person said to try different ones, others, I believe think I should stick with what I’m crossing over to. Be well, SC

SC,

I think the other poster meant that if one absolutley didnt work, then try others.?? Or that in their case one didnt work, and it may have become an urgent matter to find one that did work quickly...?? -sorry, I cant quite remember...

But that leads to your question...

personally, I would stick to the CO.. I think you would know by now if it were going to be a total flop...

If specific new sx are too bad after a few weeks, then perhaps re visit the subject...

If you can have another brand available just incase, with no hassle or blow back, then why not..?? My only worry is if one would be tempted to try it a little too easily at the first sign of trouble... -that may or may not apply to you...

sorry BG for pushing in.. (though you have probably already replied twice by now..!!)

Yup... I sooo slow... -Ahhh yes, The Prop.. List.. Well worth the read... Better than 12steps by far..!!

CAN ADMIN PLS STICKY IT FOR US..!!?? (Lol, i wonder if admin ever do read.. -asides personal interests..??)

Stut,

Made me feel better.

Ok, great thanks!

SC,

I think the other poster meant that if one absolutley didnt work, then try others.?? Or that in their case one didnt work, and it may have become an urgent matter to find one that did work quickly...?? -sorry, I cant quite remember...

personally, I would stick to the CO.. I think you would know by now if it were going to be a total flop...

If specific new sx are too bad after a few weeks, then perhaps re visit the subject...

If you can have another brand available just incase, with no hassle or blow back, then why not..?? My only worry is if one would be tempted to try it a little too easily at the first sign of trouble... -that may or may not apply to you...

sorry BG for pushing in.. (though you have probably already replied twice by now..!!)

Yup... I sooo slow... -Ahhh yes, The Prop.. List.. Well worth the read... Better than 12steps by far..!!

CAN ADMIN PLS STICKY IT FOR US..!!?? (Lol, i wonder if admin ever do read.. -asides personal interests..??)

Thanks Cant, you are fine, I had finished posting, and I am glad that you came on to help, you know I do not post much. So thanks for helping one of our Buds.You are OK. :smitten:

Stut,

Made me feel better.

Ok, great thanks!

SC,

Thank you, Cant!

So I’m at 2mg of new generic & 1.5 of old yesterday to Thursday, then 2.5 of new & 1mg old for  one day , then all new next day & from then on out.

So still think if we’re a problem I would know? Sleep was bad last night & im having headache & jaw pain. But just reinstated too.

Have been using new as all evening. Bedtime doses, so don’t know about daytime sedation yet.

It wouldn’t be hassle free to get something on back up, but may be doable.

I think I could hold tight & not jump ship too soon as I’d be worried about something being a downdose & putting me in withdrawal.

From your answer it looks like I need to make sure pharmacy will have this one in stock for me though?

Stut,

Made me feel better.

Ok, great thanks!

SC,

Thank you, Cant!

So I’m at 2mg of new generic & 1.5 of old yesterday to Thursday, then 2.5 of new & 1mg old for  one day , then all new next day & from then on out.

So still think if we’re a problem I would know? Sleep was bad last night & im having headache & jaw pain. But just reinstated too.

Have been using new as all evening. Bedtime doses, so don’t know about daytime sedation yet.

I think I could hold tight & not jump ship too soon as I’d be worried about something being a downdose & putting me in withdrawal.

From your answer it looks like I need to make sure pharmacy will have this one in stock for me though?

I kinda got in the back of my mind all the chatter going on around BB atm about brand changes...

Things arent exactly smooth for you right now, the CO is just one aspect, and I feel holding after the CO is the same for the reinstatement, -Continue to hold..  I think you are to just have to see how it goes day by day, -Focus on expecting the best...

How long is your total CO time?? -I thought 2weeks for some reason..??

But I hate suffering unnecessarily, so I would take the precaution if I could without too much fuss...

Anyways, bed time...

Scaredie,

go back and look at the June 13 posts, toward the beginning, page 1583, .look for Nova’s post. Right after her first post there is a another post by Nova.....with a picture of a rooster at the top. ......

THIS is the LONG HOLD PROPAGANDA LIST. IT HAS MANY MANY GOOD STATEMENTS THAT WERE POSTED BY MANY VARIOUS BUDDIES WHO FOUND HOLDING TO BE THE BE THE BEST ANSWER TO WITHDRAWAL. IT WAS PUT TOGETHER BY VALLEYUM, THE PERSON WE CALL “OUR ESTEEMED LEADER” for the excellent advice he has given us.

Just a bout all of us recommend reading this to help us understand, feel better, and gain security and confidence in the Long holds we are doing.

IMO, It will help you too! 

heath :smitten::thumbsup:

Stut,

Made me feel better.

Ok, great thanks!

SC,

Thank you, Cant!

I kinda got in the back of my mind all the chatter going on around BB atm about brand changes...

Things arent exactly smooth for you right now, the CO is just one aspect, and I feel holding after the CO is the same for the reinstatement, -Continue to hold..  I think you are to just have to see how it goes day by day, -Focus on expecting the best...

How long is your total CO time?? -I thought 2weeks for some reason..??

But I hate suffering unnecessarily, so I would take the precaution if I could without too much fuss...

Anyways, bed time...

Thanks cant,

It’s actually a little less than 2 weeks, 11 days. I started mixing in new generic solco/qualitest on 6/5 in place of teva & will be on all solco/qualitest by 6/12. Someone else in same predicament just said they had to take what I’m crossing to all last month & thought they weren’t strong enough. I know were all different, but man, I didn’t want to hear that. I’ll take it day by day & try & get something on back up, too. Whatever that may be. Yes is stressing me much.  :) be well

You’ve been very helpful

SC you could ask 10 people taking the same generic as you and they probably all have a different opinion.Try not to go into your hold with any preconceived ideas.Remember you must allow yourself to stabilise and that could take time.

Love Stut X

Thank you TMB.How are you and your wife now?I hope you are seeing a slight improvement.

Love Stut X

My sleep is starting to be more like 2-2.5 hours. Not sure if I am going down into more acute misery. My wife and I went together to see the psychiatrist this morning. My wife is very concerned that I do not seem to be getting 'better'. Ironically, even with 2 hours sleep last night and 2 nights ago, I actually have a few things to do today that I feel like I am up to doing. I just had a friend call me (who knows everything) to see how I was doing and we talked for a good hour and a half. It was a nice boost.

Sadly TMB it's hard to believe that withdrawal from these drugs can last so long.Be very careful with the psychiatrist as they will not admit this is due to withdrawal and will probably try to drug you further.

I am so glad speaking to your friend helped.l believe interacting helps tremendously.l am hoping your sleep improves.Sending love to you and your wife.

Hugs Stut X.

Hi all.  I’m here and doing great.  Sorry for stepping away for a bit but it seems personal isssues coincided with my jump  and I got incredibly slammed at work.  I had to use all of my energy working and taking care of my family.  I’ve gotten a reprieve from work for a few months and it will take me that long to catch up lol.  My jump hasn’t been a big deal outside of some stress intolerance for a few days.  It’s like relearning how to deal with it.  I can say I have been running and biking everyday since jumping except for a week where my Achilles’ tendons prevented it.  Still going strong and apologize for being away for so long.  It seems like it’s always family issues that cause it. :)—V

Oh thank God Valley l had you in your bed with a duvet over your head lol.So pleased you are doing well.Stress really is a killer l hope the family issues are all sorted.Welcome back.

Love Stut X

Oh Valley- good to hear from you!  I hope you have  a nice relaxing break from work. 

I am holding, but it FEELS like I just made a cut.  I have had this sort of baseline anxiety feeling since December 2017.  Over last summer, 2017, my anger and anxiety went kind of nuts, but I cutted anyway, from .1875 to .125 of klonopin.  I held from August to January, and I felt okay sort of, in November.  This is when I felt like I do now.  Like there is some anxiety still, but I am like functional and aware of it and have more control over it. 

So January I started cutting from .125mg and in March got to .0625mg and felt pretty bad again, and have been holding since mid-March now.  I am really feeling impatient and annoyed right now.  I am starting to think that I am prolonging things by holding at this low level of .0625mg. 

Oh thank God Valley l had you in your bed with a duvet over your head lol.So pleased you are doing well.Stress really is a killer l hope the family issues are all sorted.Welcome back.

Love Stut X

Hi Stut!  I am so sorry if you thought the worst.  It has been an insane time with family and work and being so exhausted and telling myself “I’ll post tomorrow” and then forgetting.  I got out of the habit of checking every day but now that work is done for a while, have less issues to deal with lol. :)—V

Oh Valley- good to hear from you!  I hope you have  a nice relaxing break from work. 

I am holding, but it FEELS like I just made a cut.  I have had this sort of baseline anxiety feeling since December 2017.  Over last summer, 2017, my anger and anxiety went kind of nuts, but I cutted anyway, from .1875 to .125 of klonopin.  I held from August to January, and I felt okay sort of, in November.  This is when I felt like I do now.  Like there is some anxiety still, but I am like functional and aware of it and have more control over it. 

So January I started cutting from .125mg and in March got to .0625mg and felt pretty bad again, and have been holding since mid-March now.  I am really feeling impatient and annoyed right now.  I am starting to think that I am prolonging things by holding at this low level of .0625mg.

Hi Greencup!  It sounds like things have been going somewhat well? I would only advise to always listen to your body and if you are functional, there is no reason to speed up.  I know you will get off.  Just me patient and take it one day at a time and you will be fine.  :thumbsup:

Hi all.  I’m here and doing great.  Sorry for stepping away for a bit but it seems personal isssues coincided with my jump  and I got incredibly slammed at work.  I had to use all of my energy working and taking care of my family.  I’ve gotten a reprieve from work for a few months and it will take me that long to catch up lol.  My jump hasn’t been a big deal outside of some stress intolerance for a few days.  It’s like relearning how to deal with it.  I can say I have been running and biking everyday since jumping except for a week where my Achilles’ tendons prevented it.  Still going strong and apologize for being away for so long.  It seems like it’s always family issues that cause it. :)—V

Valley, so glad everything is OK. You were really missed around here!

Valley you have a lot of reading to do.We have all been wanting to know how you have been.Begood,Heath, Miyu etc will be delighted to see you posting.Nova just today your propaganda.Enjoy your break from work and get reading lol.

Love Stut X

SC you could ask 10 people taking the same generic as you and they probably all have a different opinion.Try not to go into your hold with any preconceived ideas.Remember you must allow yourself to stabilise and that could take time.

Love Stut X

Thank you, Stut. I’m trying. Actually in the middle of a meltdown because I can’t figure out an alternative to ask the pharmacy to order in case this doesn’t work out. And I have to also ask them to keep this in stock, too. I’m on 1.5mg of old & 2mg of new generic now.oh I’m aweful about not knowing...

I’m not crossed over all the way till Saturday. All new generic have been taken in pm thus far, so havnt really experienced in daytime. But have been having bad headache, nightbsweats, jaw pain, then bad sleep last night since reinstating that I wasn’t even having on my cut. Also mild intrusive am thoughts when I wake that could be left over from taper. Now sobbing. Can just crossing over cause all this? In addition to stabilizing?

It is just is the absolute worst timing ever for my generic to be discontinued. I’m going to see an out of town MS specialist guru that took much legwork to get to see, at the end of the month & you can’t reschedule. I should be focused on that right now, but I’m stuck on my I pad trying to figure out what to do with my dang Meds. Boy will I celebrate the day they’re out of me.

I do feel like I’m in minor withdrawal, getting irritable, crying, & panicky, like I was on my cut.

Thanks for the support :)

Slightly temporarily psycho, SC xx

Thanks TMB!  :)—V

SC please take a deep breath and stop overthinking this.All the worrying you are doing is making you so much worse.Do your crossover and wait.Go to your appointment and do not start any taper until you are mentally in a better place.

I know this is frightening and overwhelming but l promise you if you just take it a day at a time you will get through this.

Love Stut X

Hi, I’m new here. Your signature sure is a great story! Be well SC

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Hey Valley, so happy to see you here with us again....now you have to know what I thought, always the very worst and thankfully I have been wrong with everyone I sent to...you know where. So sorry that Life had to be so hard, but the thing is, it still goes on and we get back up and go on, until we may have to have problems again. Glad to hear things are going pretty well post walk off. Just so pumped that you are back, just wonderful and makes this day extra special My Dear Friend. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs Always. :smitten:

PS, have you found a replacement for ''Cookie"? I miss her a lot, but know that she is happy in chicken heaven. :)

[2a...]