Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi Heath ,  :smitten:

I'm sorry about your pains ... but glad you had a check up and your heart is ok. that's a relief!

I find that I can have all kinds of weird pain... sometimes the ends of my fingers hurt so much .... and then I get teh burning pain of course, that travel around now , but a lot in my torso , not so much in my arms anymore. I get tingling in my legs , and  often it is accompanied by alot of heat on my skin.

Makes summer really hard !

Anyway , hang in there and I'm sure it will pass ....

love, miyu :smitten:

Thanks again, everyone. Got through dinner. Tomorrow real test. A party. Ack!

For whatever it’s worth, probably not much, when I was taking klonopin and my brand was discontinued,  I did not like the Sandos. I felt it didn’t work. The others were ok, Sandos was not good for me though. But everyone is different. Something will do the trick. Is it possible to ask for a few of each and see?

Miyu: my fingertips have hurt too in waves.

Heath: if it’s heat, burning, give the solarcane a shot. I think it confuses the nervous system so that, if nothing else, it’s distracting. It helped me through burning phase.

Thanks again, everyone. Got through dinner. Tomorrow real test. A party. Ack!

For whatever it’s worth, probably not much, when I was taking klonopin and my brand was discontinued,  I did not like the Sandos. I felt it didn’t work. The others were ok, Sandos was not good for me though. But everyone is different. Something will do the trick. Is it possible to ask for a few of each and see?

Miyu: my fingertips have hurt too in waves.

Heath: if it’s heat, burning, give the solarcane a shot. I think it confuses the nervous system so that, if nothing else, it’s distracting. It helped me through burning phase.

Hey Blue, Good luck at your party! You will get through it. We actually had a party for my bf at our house tonight and it was the calmest I've been at a social event in a very long time. It helps if it is at your own house, I make my room my safety zone and escape here to pet the kitties whenever I get too overwhelmed. I hope you can make a safe spot for yourself, it makes all the difference in the world. Love to all of you.

Hi Heath l hope he is sending you for an X-ray and MRI scan.lt probably is withdrawal however always better to have a thorough check up.

Ireland is gorgeous and plenty to see.You should visit and drop in when you are in my neck of the woods.It is the humidity l hate the dead heat.

Love Stut X

Hi Bluepill you will get through this and you will be proud of yourself for doing it.l hope your birthday goes well.

Love Stut X

Well done Olive you have exactly the right idea.Animals are such a comfort.l have a cat that is now 20 years old.She just sleeps and eats but still hanging in there.l am more a dog person and my two dogs keep me fit.

Love Stut X

Begood, Miyu,NJ,SS, Scardie,Gard,Mary and everyone l am hoping you all have a peaceful and healing day.

Love Stut X

Begood, Miyu,NJ,SS, Scardie,Gard,Mary and everyone l am hoping you all have a peaceful and healing day.

Love Stut X

Morning Stut, thanks always for remembering me in your shout outs, means a lot to me. Hope your day is going well and it is beautiful in your area. I am doing well so far, need to get my first cuppa of joe. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

I am sitting outside having my coffee and relaxing.l hope your day goes well begood and l will always be wishing you well.You are always giving to others and giving them strength.l hope you don't neglect your own needs.l will always be here for you as you have been for so many of us.

Love and hugs Stut X

I am sitting outside having my coffee and relaxing.l hope your day goes well begood and l will always be wishing you well.You are always giving to others and giving them strength.l hope you don't neglect your own needs.l will always be here for you as you have been for so many of us.

Love and hugs Stut X

:hug::mybuddy::hug:

Well done Olive you have exactly the right idea.Animals are such a comfort.l have a cat that is now 20 years old.She just sleeps and eats but still hanging in there.l am more a dog person and my two dogs keep me fit.

Love Stut X

My cat lived to 19, at the time, that was more than a third of my life and yours is 20, amazing  :smitten:

That's good going too Mary.l have to say that old cat of mine has been to the vet's once to get spayed and that's it.l often say she will outlive us all.

Love Stut X

That's good going too Mary.l have to say that old cat of mine has been to the vet's once to get spayed and that's it.l often say she will outlive us all.

Love Stut X

:laugh: :laugh:, she just might at this rate

Hi TNTD amd Scardie , I'm glad thwre are at least a few of us in this group on K who are dealing with this  generic switch and can compare notes.

NJ is another one who is dealing with it.  oh , and Wonderwoman is on Mylan already , so she won;t need to switch.

So , It'll be interesting to see what happens for us. Mine is Sandoz  TNTD...  the pills look totally different from the Tevas.

I guess I'll make my next batch tomorrow and switch out one of the pills. I don't think my body would mind a bit of an updose actually .  We'll see...

Scardie , I'm doing a liquid MT ,aking my own liquid. LIke TNTD , I can only manage about 1% a month  ( I think that's about what you are doing T?) crazy slow , but my nervous system is also super fragile and I get hit even at that rate.

I actually feel if I go slow enogh that my nervous system will still get a chance to heal some as I taper. AS long as I don;t shock it anymore with anything. Bit scary with the generic change on that score...

Who knows, it could be a total non event!

love, MiYu :smitten: :smitten:

Hi MiYu,

Thanks for getting back. Yes, I’m really second guessing doing this cut & hold while trying to change generics, not knowing what’s what or even what generic I’ll end up on. Pharmacy isn’t guaranteeing they’ll keep the one I’m crossing too right now in stock, so I may end up having to cross over again to something else. Just not a sound place to start a taper from. I can’t tell if I’m up or down dosing with taking the solco instead of teva.I’m thinking my cns is super sensitive too. But if I were to reinstate now, wouldn’t I kindle, on day 6? This is so hard as it is not throwing in this variable.

I wanted to do dlmt too, but am taking 3.5mg per day, 3.25 since cut & hold, so wanted to quicken the beginning of my taper to be rid of excess daytime sedation more quickly. I didn’t realize how rough it would be psychologically. The depression, irritability, intrusive thoughts, & anxiety are the worst. Feels like no control over emotional outbursts/meltdowns. That added to my fatigue that we’re all assuming is from the benzos. Then there’s the physical which hasn’t been too bad in the scheme of things, but am not sure if some things are caused by new generic or withdrawal or both. Physical, headaches, fatigue, nausea, extra BMs, aching joints(my back/neck was already in much pain before taper began), heart palps, did have sore jaw & hand tremor, not right now, sleep waking early, not falling asleep as early(I think that may have more to do with new generic as I switch more out), getting 5-6 hours per night.

I’m not even all the way crossed over yet to new generic. Do you think I’ll kindle after 5 days of .25mg cut from 3.5 total? Oh want to do the right thing.

Be well

Hi TNTD amd Scardie , I'm glad thwre are at least a few of us in this group on K who are dealing with this  generic switch and can compare notes.

NJ is another one who is dealing with it.  oh , and Wonderwoman is on Mylan already , so she won;t need to switch.

So , It'll be interesting to see what happens for us. Mine is Sandoz  TNTD...  the pills look totally different from the Tevas.

I guess I'll make my next batch tomorrow and switch out one of the pills. I don't think my body would mind a bit of an updose actually .  We'll see...

Scardie , I'm doing a liquid MT ,aking my own liquid. LIke TNTD , I can only manage about 1% a month  ( I think that's about what you are doing T?) crazy slow , but my nervous system is also super fragile and I get hit even at that rate.

I actually feel if I go slow enogh that my nervous system will still get a chance to heal some as I taper. AS long as I don;t shock it anymore with anything. Bit scary with the generic change on that score...

Hi MiYu,

Thanks for getting back. Yes, I’m really second guessing doing this cut & hold while trying to change generics, not knowing what’s what or even what generic I’ll end up on. Pharmacy isn’t guaranteeing they’ll keep the one I’m crossing too right now in stock, so I may end up having to cross over again to something else. Just not a sound place to start a taper from. I can’t tell if I’m up or down dosing with taking the solco instead of teva.I’m thinking my cns is super sensitive too. But if I were to reinstate now, wouldn’t I kindle, on day 6? This is so hard as it is not throwing in this variable.

I wanted to do dlmt too, but am taking 3.5mg per day, 3.25 since cut & hold, so wanted to quicken the beginning of my taper to be rid of excess daytime sedation more quickly. I didn’t realize how rough it would be psychologically. The depression, irritability, intrusive thoughts, & anxiety are the worst. Feels like no control over emotional outbursts/meltdowns. That added to my fatigue that we’re all assuming is from the benzos. Then there’s the physical which hasn’t been too bad in the scheme of things, but am not sure if some things are caused by new generic or withdrawal or both. Physical, headaches, fatigue, nausea, extra BMs, aching joints(my back/neck was already in much pain before taper began), heart palps, did have sore jaw & hand tremor, not right now, sleep waking early, not falling asleep as early(I think that may have more to do with new generic as I switch more out), getting 5-6 hours per night.

I’m not even all the way crossed over yet to new generic. Do you think I’ll kindle after 5 days of .25mg cut from 3.5 total? Oh want to do the right thing.

Be well

Scardie,

What you are experiencing are typical withdrawal symptoms following a cut.

If I were you I would just leave the dosage alone for now, at 3.25, and see how you do. Try not to worry about the generic switch. I think your symptoms are more from just a dosage reduction than anything else. Once you settle a bit and feel better, maybe try cutting .125 mg next time; smaller cuts are normally easier for the body to handle.

Feel better.

Hi tntd,

It looks like you’re doing dlmt. Am I correct? Do you make your own liquid?

I just switched my clonazapam too. Did you switch from teva? What did you switch too?

I just started a cut & hold from 3.5mg per day while trying to cross over from teva to solco(which isn’t even promised to stay in stock for the foreseeable future, so I may end up having to switch again)& feeling quite aweful for only dry cutting .25 out of such a high dose.

Apologize for introducing self with so many questions. The Teva switch @ same time as starting taper has me feeling quite addledYes one would certainly prefer an updose, I sure to down dose. Quite curious in any case.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Scaredie,

No probs with the questions. It's nice to meet you.

I'm switching from Actavis to Accord. It's the second time I've done a generic switch. The first time I had no idea that there could be any differences in the bioavailability in your bloodstream and I ended up in withdrawal big time. It lasted for two months and that was without any cuts added to it. I had been holding for about three months and was about to start cutting when I switched generics and wham. Needless to say I decided to hold until things stabilized and I also learned a lot about the differences in generics. I don't remember what my original brand was unfortunately.

I am actually doing a taper according to sxs. I did a CT from an AD two years ago as of June 1st and it really messed up my CNS. I can only taper tiny amounts, usually I taper .0019mg in a week. That's around .17% of my total dose, and I still get w/d's.

I went to Walmart and spoke to the pharmacist to find out what brand they contract with. They said they have a contract with Accord and should always have it in stock. We shall see but so far so good. I know another person who did the same thing and has been using Walmart for about a year now. Of course I don't know if you're in the US but if you are give Walmart a try. I know it's anohter switch but who knows it could be permanent.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I didn't answer one you asked, I have the benzo brain issues too :D

Hugs,

T

Hi, Tntd

Why did you switch from actavis to accord?

I was half asleep when I wrote you back last night, but just re read where you’ve switched generics before & were thrown into withdrawal, so held with no cuts till you stabilized in the past. How long until you were thrown into withdrawal after switching & how long until you stabilized? Did you have to updose? What was your withdrawal like? Really bad physical? Phsycological?

I seem to be having more psychological withdrawal symptoms than physical, but they’re bad & I havnt even crossed all of the way over yet. If I’m going to updose without kindling, I probably need to do it now, then figure out my new generic to stabilize on then restart taper. Or is it too late & I’ll kindle no matter what?

I’ll copy & paste what I wrote to MiYu to give you more details, but suffice it to say I havnt even crossed completely over yet.

My doses are 6am .5, 12pm .5,(.25 since cut 5 days ago), 6pm .5, bed time 2mg(these times vary but generally every 6 hours)

For past couple of days here’s how I’ve started integrating solco in place of teva. Anything not solco was taken as teva with 1 pm being .25 cut. FYI I feel solco takes longer to start working(could be my imagination as not totally on it yet) but that would change how often, when I take it & everything.

Tues 1pm-.25 solco

Wd6th 7pm .5 solco bed 1mg solco 1mg teva

Tr7th 7pm .5 solco bed 1mg solco 1mg teva

Fr 8th 7pm .5 solco, bed 1mg solco 1mg teva

Here’s copy & paste

What are your thoughts on me stopping this cut & hold of reducing 3.5 to .3.25 until I’m stable on new generic? Reinstating to 3.5 on day 6 of cut, so would only be 5 days of cut if I reinstate today. I don’t want to kindle.

Hers copy & paste from message with MiYu

Much thanks be well

Stut, what I really appreciate is that you and, quite frankly, most of the long hold members, are great at positive and supportive responses to the many posts of other members, like myself.

I find that hard to do -- just from a volume perspective and that I am operating at about 10%.

Many thanks to you, MiYu, BG, SS, NJ Cant, Olive, Mary, GC, GingerMint, Gard, Valley (where is he), tntd, and many others.

Thank you TMB l am here for you always.You will be turning a corner soon.How are you today?

Love Stut X

Hi MiYu,

Be well

Scardie,

What you are experiencing are typical withdrawal symptoms following a cut.

If I were you I would just leave the dosage alone for now, at 3.25, and see how you do. Try not to worry about the generic switch. I think your symptoms are more from just a dosage reduction than anything else. Once you settle a bit and feel better, maybe try cutting .125 mg next time; smaller cuts are normally easier for the body to handle.

Feel better.

Thanks NJ. Appreciate the support.

What about the fact that pharmacy is saying they may not be able to get the generic I’m crossing over to when it runs out?

Hope your well always appreciate your continued support  :)

Oh & tntd,

It’s nice to meet you too! :)Sorry I get too carried away with my worries to include pleasantries sometimes. I think it’s a combo of depression, anxiety, withdrawal & benzo brain. Take care  :)

Thank you TMB l am here for you always.You will be turning a corner soon.How are you today?

Love Stut X

Not good, Stut. Thanks for asking and for you and the group's support. I remember when I was the one offering support. Hoping I can back to that. Have a great day!

Sorry to hear that TMB you will get there no doubt about that.We are here for you and I hope your wife is ok.

Love Stut X

TMB: I am sorry you are struggling. I hope you feel better soon. We are all routing for you.

Scardie: I would say try to find a generic that a pharmacy you have access to will continue to carry. Try not to worry too much over it; I think with the dosage you are on you may not notice a difference as someone on lower dosage. It doesn't mean you won't feel a difference, but it may not be as much. And if you are concerned, just hold until you feel you are adjusted. You likely have a lengthy taper in front of you, no need to rush.

I am finally feeling a bit less nauseous after nearly two weeks. I think I just need to keep my diet very bland--I am eating rice, potatoes, some salad, simple carbs. Need to avoid milk and meat, any treats. I am really hoping things settle down. I think I get into trouble when I start to eat like a normal person. I gained a lot of weight on K; so if I lose some now, it's all good.

Sorry to hear that TMB you will get there no doubt about that.We are here for you and I hope your wife is ok.

Love Stut X

Thanks, Stut. She's having a tough time. Has been in bed for nearly a week. She has health issues that knock her down from time-to-time. Tough times. Take care.

[79...]