Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello everyone,

I had very little time to post while back east for my brother-in-law’s funeral. So sad. A very difficult time. Some how it’s hard to believe he’s gone. :'(

But here I am again back in California. It’s hard to believe he is not still just living in Long Island and only a text of phone call away. :-[

So I really didn’t taper at all for the week I was away. And I had started a hold right before that too. So I would say I held all together about 10 days. Not really very long at all.

My neck is still my biggest problem. I think it’s just  one of those wdsx that will linger, get better, get worse, etc, until I am finally rid of the Valium. Or should I say poison.

I’ve been tapering for almost 2 1/2 years. No major set backs but boy am I sick of this!!

It’s all I can do to just hold on and keep going slow.

At times like this I think of Lynn 33. She went so slow and she wAlked off with practically no problem at all.

Oh well I should be happy it’s only my neck ( and a little bit of unbalance) and that I am able to function normally and go to work. A big thank you to god for that.

But I am getting more scared the lower I go. I see that some people have more difficulty the lower they go. I hope by going so slowly that it will pay off in the end and I’ll  be able to end my taper with ease....ha! Did I say WITH EASE? That’s a laugh!

SS, I am so sorry that you hit a wall. Please don’t be discouraged. It happens to everyone sooner or later.

.001 isn’t such a big cut. I’m thinking,  and I hope,  your CNS will straighten out in a short time.

I hope everyone is doing a bit better today and tomorrow.

Hope to be online more often now that I’m back home.

So much laundry!

So much mail!

So many bills to pay!

I guess I have no choice but to roll with curves that life is throwing at me.

I hope everyone will Feel good  in the next few days. I know how hard this is,FOR SURE! But WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER,

.  Heath  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

Thanks for the update Heath..

Sorry about circumstances, and I hope you continue on well as you go low and slow..

:)

Hello everyone,

I had very little time to post while back east for my brother-in-law’s funeral. So sad. A very difficult time. Some how it’s hard to believe he’s gone. :'(

But here I am again back in California. It’s hard to believe he is not still just living in Long Island and only a text of phone call away. :-[

So I really didn’t taper at all for the week I was away. And I had started a hold right before that too. So I would say I held all together about 10 days. Not really very long at all.

My neck is still my biggest problem. I think it’s just  one of those wdsx that will linger, get better, get worse, etc, until I am finally rid of the Valium. Or should I say poison.

I’ve been tapering for almost 2 1/2 years. No major set backs but boy am I sick of this!!

It’s all I can do to just hold on and keep going slow.

At times like this I think of Lynn 33. She went so slow and she wAlked off with practically no problem at all.

Oh well I should be happy it’s only my neck ( and a little bit of unbalance) and that I am able to function normally and go to work. A big thank you to god for that.

But I am getting more scared the lower I go. I see that some people have more difficulty the lower they go. I hope by going so slowly that it will pay off in the end and I’ll  be able to end my taper with ease....ha! Did I say WITH EASE? That’s a laugh!

SS, I am so sorry that you hit a wall. Please don’t be discouraged. It happens to everyone sooner or later.

.001 isn’t such a big cut. I’m thinking,  and I hope,  your CNS will straighten out in a short time.

I hope everyone is doing a bit better today and tomorrow.

Hope to be online more often now that I’m back home.

So much laundry!

So much mail!

So many bills to pay!

I guess I have no choice but to roll with curves that life is throwing at me.

I hope everyone will Feel good  in the next few days. I know how hard this is,FOR SURE! But WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER,

.  Heath  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

DEar Heath , I'm sorry about your brother in law, it's very hard when loved ones pass.

I'm glad you are holding up ok though. with you r taper . 2/1/2 yrs isn't that long really , and you have done a good taper.

I'm going at your speed , turtle pace, at my dose and at only 1/4 way through , so you are doing great!  keep going , slow and steady , and listening to your body as you have been and I'm sure you'll be fine .

love, MiYu :smitten:

Well I’m not in this group, but poking around everywhere about teva clonazapam alternative.

Update-holding @3.25 my first ‘real’, I’m gonna stick with it cut :)

Does anyone who teva clonazapam agreed with have any ideas of a comparable generic?

All experiences/input welcome, I realize we’re all different.

I’d really like to know what I’m going to be able to commence this taper with & my tevas are almost gone.

TEVA ALTERNATIVE EQUIVALENT?

Hope all are well!

THANK YOU :)

Hi Scardie , I've yet to try my new generic , its Santoz, the pills look really  different. I have some left of my Teva and I was kinda hoping thta I'd be able to get them again before I run out , and not have to use the new generic. I have no idea on quality of different generics. For some it doesn;t make any difference. I don;t think one can anticipate how we might respond to a different brand. Who Knows, it might be better?  They are supposed to all have the same amount of medication in them .

I'll post if I have to start using the Santoz and let you know how it goes. What's up with Teva anyway?

love, MiYu

Hi Cant don't be disappearing on us your posts make perfect sense.Glad to hear it has eased a bit time will ease the rest.

Stress is starting to kick in this end so taking it as it comes.lf l can ride the storm over the summer all will be good.lf the world would just stop we could get off these drugs a lot easier.Oh well it won't kill me.

Love Stut X

You're always so strong and give everyone so much good energy Stut , while going through so much yourself. I understand the sensitive nervous system , I have it  and am amazed at what NJ is able to handle too!

Hnag in the re, you will get bette r, we all will .... ,

love to you , Miyu :smitten:

HI MIYU..!!

Big hugs... -sorry, Just great to see you..!!

I remember your hard days when you came here, and if you can get through that, -I will get through this "little" wave...

My best...

Back to spring cleaning...

Welp,

I discovered that holding for two months isn't enough.... :'( tried two days of DLMT at .001mg a day and I'm back in the thick of it.  :tickedoff:

Not pea soup thick, but remembering what it feels like to feel like s--t all day....

Guess it's back to holding.

Dang I really expected things to be easier.....

That Beast! has really got his claws into me.

And I am pretty convinced that I am kindled -- that dreaded word.  When I look back at my hx I see there are numerous times that I was on a benzo or Z drug, some for very short periods of time.  Never have experienced anything like this.  Or maybe I did but put it down to something else.

I know for sure that I came down from a much higher dose of Xanax -- for VERY short periods of time -- to almost nothing very easily.

Feeling pretty discouraged today at the years it will take of measuring out that liquid and measuring the days in 3 hour increments...

But that's the road we're all on right?

:-[

SS

Oh SS , I'm so sorry , YOu were doing so great... perhaps the .001 day was too much? I know it would be fo r me , even with holding . Perhaps get back to that goo d place and then ease into you r taper really slowly , like try a .001 cut, then wait to see what happens before cutting more? THat'd be my approach anyway.

It took me 4 months to cut .009 Klonopin if that ,means anything ! ( Given that X and K are about the same strength .... you are tapering X yes? )

Hnag in there, you

ll be ok, just go really slowly  to find what works for you.

love, MiYu :smitten:

Thank you Olive kitty. And for the heads up about how it is too.

I'm also a member of that group , I was in it before BB, you have to read with caution, and people there are not really in to long holds. THere are also some really good people in the group , good moderators. I don;t go there too often though.

If you find out anything about generic K please do post here.  I  did some research and I think the only one that people seem to universally say "NO" to is Mylan

MiYu

And I guess if Teva really is not producing K anymore, ten I might gradually switch out my Teva for the Santoz. Watson and Activas are supposed to be ok  from what I've read .

Hello!!

Gardener, love the sloth!  So just holding may help?  SIGH, hope something does.  I am still on my <4 mg valium but also an ambien, or sometimes a half only, to sleep.  And was worrying about lyrica, tho at most have taken 75 mg at night (all for sleep, my pre-existing prob).  Mostly tho have taken 1/3 of 75 mg...  and one time i took it it made me feel awful!  So trying to stop it.

Went to a dr. supposedly knows benzos.  Well, saw his nurse, he would not see me (no new patients).  She gave me sample of belsomra... sleep med, which I recall trying ages ago and I know it did not have a good result.  Think I did not sleep... can't recall if side effects were there or not.  Anyhow, I hardly think adding a new med is helpful?

The idea was to get me sleeping, but htat has always been my problem.  I went there to find out if he thought getting off benzos made sense, and if so, how to get me stable.

I am meandering... but guess the subject here is stability, or lack thereof...

I'm also a member of that group , I was in it before BB, you have to read with caution, and people there are not really in to long holds. THere are also some really good people in the group , good moderators. I don;t go there too often though.

If you find out anything about generic K please do post here.  I  did some research and I think the only one that people seem to universally say "NO" to is Mylan

MiYu

And I guess if Teva really is not producing K anymore, ten I might gradually switch out my Teva for the Santoz. Watson and Activas are supposed to be ok  from what I've read .

What group is that??

YOu know prior to these drugs I paid zero attention to generics.  All were fine.  But Teva ambien is pretty worthless, I think. Apparently it is quite weak.  Found a long ambien thread and read and read.  Is Teva considered a good brand?

Anya,

YOu said you built up support before taper, which makes total sense.  BUT, but, if you have no family, and just a few long distance friends, how do you do this?  Also I can't do much these days.  Getting to dr appts with aid of a neighbor about it.  Can run errands, sometimes. 

Where would I even begin?

It's like you need a certain energy to get the ball rolling.  If you really are sick, uh, how do you get help? 

Hi to Stut  (and everyone!)!  ;)

Hi Barbara I am so sorry you are still struggling with your taper.Know that l am thinking of you and l hope you start to see some kind of an improvement.

Love Stut.X

Hi Miyu thank you for the compliment.lf l can just say this you make everyone feel so good and you are still helping others.l call that pure strength.Your kindness shines through.Thank you for being here.

Love Stut X

Welcome back Heath you were missed.Again you are going through a massive life event and holding is probably the best thing at this time.l am sending sincerest condolences to you, your husband and family.

Love Stut X

Hi Cant feeling a bit spacey but not too bad.l think it is more the heat than anything else.Over is Australia you are equipped for it sadly we aren't.

How are you?l hope your wave is breaking.

Love Stut X

Hi Cant feeling a bit spacey but not too bad.l think it is more the heat than anything else.Over is Australia you are equipped for it sadly we aren't.

How are you?l hope your wave is breaking.

Love Stut X

Thats Yuck, i couldnt handle summer too well here..

I get the feeling we r a bit similar in our SX atm...

Its winter here, and light rain, so not too cold... Still get the sweats though.. lol

Im still all over the shop... Waves in waves...

Keep up the good work.. You do a great job on here...!!

MiYu

What group is that??

YOu know prior to these drugs I paid zero attention to generics.  All were fine.  But Teva ambien is pretty worthless, I think. Apparently it is quite weak.  Found a long ambien thread and read and read.  Is Teva considered a good brand?

Think she talking about fb benzodiazepine group.

As far as I ever read teva was the best generic for clonazapam & that’s what I’ve taken everyday for 8 years.

Yes I’ll let anyone know what if anything I find out about generics.

Someone who was on k pin for 15 years said they preferred Mylan or teva but Mylan over teva,but I’ve heard bad thing about them, Mylan too.

Do you know when activis is supposed to be out?

All experiences with Teva generic clonazapam alternative welcome.

Thanks

Thanks Cant l try not bad for an old doll haha.Hang in there you will be through the wave soon.This time don't overdo it when you are through.l shouldn't complain about the heat we get so little of it.

Love Stut X

MiYu

What group is that??

MiYu

Have you tried Watson? Activis? Or Sandoz? MiYu?

I don’t have time to gradually switch must start trying other asap.

How would you compare them ? Which one was closest to teva?

My doc is giving me weekly scripts so I can try different ones & not get stuck with any particular one until I find one that works but I havnt had a chance to call pharmacies to see what they have, yet.

Someone on here last night said they preferred Mylan over teva ,but I’ve always read it’s bad k pin too.

Thanks again this is really stressing me

Thanks

Trying to quickly catch up with posts as haven't read much.

Heath, hang in there. It is so hard to lose people. And I have been tapering two years as well but have a lot further to go than you do.

Barbara, hope you can find a way through, whatever that path may be.

I have had a really difficult week. Got sick to my stomach all night on Monday night/two hours of sleep then went to work. My stomach is still not great. No appetite. Getting weak from not eating. Afraid to eat pretty much anything. I think I have found teva brand .5 mg klonopin so at least I have pushed off the change to another generic for at least two months. Because that was stressing me out.

I updosed about two weeks ago. Sleep has improved, but this constant nausea is trying. I cannot be this sick now--I am getting fearful about my ability to hold it together when I am this sick all the time. I have an appt. with my GP Monday to see if she has any ideas for me, as I don't love my gastro anymore. I feel like he is dismissing me as crazy; went somewhere else but didn't like them either.

So Many posts, so many of us here that are struggling one way or the other.

Heath -- nice to have you back... Heartbreaking that you lost your bro-in-law and all that means.  That were able to do that while holding is a testiemnt to you.  I hope that things ease as much as they can soon.

NJ -- yuck this nausea!  I so hope that is better or there is something that can help it soon.  Scared to eat is so awful -- and while you are doing this new job and need all your energy and wits about you.  I hope you get some sleep and the belly settles down soon.  You are strong!

Miyu, always so great when you show up with all you r encouragement of us all.... yes turtles..

Barbara -- sleep! oh I hope you get some sleep -- and the ear of the benzo wise doc -- not just the nurse-- soon.  (Nurses are great! but...)

Olive, GC, Stutt,  Scardie, Cant everyone -- thanks for being here and let's keep soldiering on! 

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

HI MIYU..!!

Big hugs... -sorry, Just great to see you..!!

I remember your hard days when you came here, and if you can get through that, -I will get through this "little" wave...

My best...

Back to spring cleaning...

Thank you Cant! I'll take all the hugs I can get , even the virtual ones , and sending big hugs back

Glad you're up for some spring cleaning ....that's a good sign .

I see you had the same advice for SS relative to her taper .... Great minds :)

Don't overdo it now ,

Love, miyu

MiYu

What group is that??

Hi Barbara,

It is a group on Facebook called Benzodiazepine Recovery. I joined not too log ago but I feel a little mixed about it, it's a very active page so you want to be careful not too overdo it, people are very supportive there and the moderators really seem to know what they are doing, it's just a little more dramatic than it is over here, if that makes sense. If you do decided to join I would recommend turning off notifications for the group because it is a very busy group. It's also Facebook so it's your real name and profile picture, if that matters to you.

Hi Miyu thank you for the compliment.lf l can just say this you make everyone feel so good and you are still helping others.l call that pure strength.Your kindness shines through.Thank you for being here.

Love Stut X

Aww, thank you Stut. I'd say the same about you  :smitten:

And thank you for being here too .

I so look forward to all our buddies here being off their meds and well again . What a joyous time that will be for all .

You must be in England? My family is there, sister and brother and extended family anyway , and they are amazed by the heat! So unusual .... Well you can stock  up on vit D anyway .  :)

Hang in there .

You too Barb , NJ , Can't , anyone else having rough times

Love,  MiYu  :smitten:

[b6...]