Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

NJ - really sucks to have to jump through so many hoops especially with insensitive people like your pharmacist. Also seems like the dr. has been tough to deal with. Hope that things get worked out tomorrow without any hassle.

NJ- Ug! Pharmacy stress is the worst!!!!!! I hope your Doctor will be on board with the independent pharmacy.

Hi NJ more stress l really don't know how you keep going.l find your system baffling so l hope you can get some co operation from your doctor.I think we are all pretty much alone when it comes to getting off these drugs.

The situation with your mum is very complex and sadly I can't help with that.l hope you get something sorted out in that area.

I agree about Heath l hope she is alright.

To everyone else l hope everyone has a stable day.Shout out to Cant l hope today is a bit better for you.

Love to all Stut X

Hi Guys..

Thanks Stut, yes today was a little better.. Very reved up and fatigud, a great combo...

But no real Abdomin cramping... Hope I am on the good side of this wave...

Im not complaining, I do feel better in an odd way... Its Just Time...

Hope you are doing ok too...??

Posting is a bit of a struggle though... please forgive...

:(

Hi Cant don't be disappearing on us your posts make perfect sense.Glad to hear it has eased a bit time will ease the rest.

Stress is starting to kick in this end so taking it as it comes.lf l can ride the storm over the summer all will be good.lf the world would just stop we could get off these drugs a lot easier.Oh well it won't kill me.

Love Stut X

Hi Cant don't be disappearing on us your posts make perfect sense.Glad to hear it has eased a bit time will ease the rest.

Stress is starting to kick in this end so taking it as it comes.lf l can ride the storm over the summer all will be good.lf the world would just stop we could get off these drugs a lot easier.Oh well it won't kill me.

Love Stut X

Said like an old pro..!!

:)

Hi Guys..

Thanks Stut, yes today was a little better.. Very reved up and fatigud, a great combo...

But no real Abdomin cramping... Hope I am on the good side of this wave...

Im not complaining, I do feel better in an odd way... Its Just Time...

Hope you are doing ok too...??

Posting is a bit of a struggle though... please forgive...

:(

Hope u feel better soon Cant :)

Love Stut X

Said like an old pro..!!

If I recall....someone is getting up there in age :)...just saying. ::) Hi Stut. :smitten:

Love Stut X

Said like an old pro..!!

If I recall....someone is getting up there in age :)...just saying. ::) Hi Stut. :smitten:

Oh NO... Not the age thing again..!! BG -I might forget your invite to my Bday party in a few days..!! 

Love Stut X

Said like an old pro..!!

Oh NO... Not the age thing again..!! BG -I might forget your invite to my Bday party in a few days..!!

Oh no......, sorry you are just a budding Aussie boy.. :)

Love Stut X

Said like an old pro..!!

Oh no......, sorry you are just a budding Aussie boy.. :)

Thats better my Dear BG...  -Will put you on the open invite...!! :)

Cant l will get to you in a moment.Hi BG l hope the beast is leaving you alone today?

Cant.  OLD get your girlfriend to write a list of things not to say to a woman and old will be near the top haha.Oh well l will now grab my Zimmer frame and head off for a walk that is if these OLD legs will carry me.Then perhaps a nip and tuck is in order.

Love Stut X

Cant l will get to you in a moment.Hi BG l hope the beast is leaving you alone today?

Cant.  OLD get your girlfriend to write a list of things not to say to a woman and old will be near the top haha.Oh well l will now grab my Zimmer frame and head off for a walk that is if these OLD legs will carry me.Then perhaps a nip and tuck is in order.

Love Stut X

Lol, She would just find the biggest dictionary, and throw it at me...

-Seriously, you have no idea...!!

Eg. She doesnt sleep well, so "Good" night is out...!!

I will take my chances with you young ladies instead...

What I meant was.........!!

Sheeeezzzz..!! (Guardy pls help.. -bring your big walking stick thingy..)

Love Stut X

Yes the benzo beast is, but there are other things, but I have good back up with my "Aussie Strong" and I am strong..."I am Woman". Hope you are doing well. Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Love Stut X

Lol, She would just find the biggest dictionary, and throw it at me...

-Seriously, you have no idea...!!

Eg. She doesnt sleep well, so "Good" night is out...!!

I will take my chances with you young ladies instead...

What I meant was.........!!

Sheeeezzzz..!! (Guardy pls help.. -bring your big walking stick thingy..)

:nono: best begood. :) 

I was put on valium for muscle spasms caused by a cyst in the central canal of my spinal cord.  I should have known immediately that valium was not for me.  I had a true paradoxical reaction to it in that it made me hyper rather than sedated.  I was hyper for a couple of years and then things went down hill and I started having all kinds of health issues which were benzo (and opiate) related.  After my life started to crater, I connected the dots by doing the research and knew I had to get off the drugs in spite of the pain.  I've found the pain to be much less since getting off opiates and tapering the valium.  I wish I could go back in time to the day when a college intern sat in on one of my appointments and said she had just studied my condition and I would need valium and oxycodone.  My doctor listened as it is rare (syringomyelia) and he had never heard of it before let alone treated it lol. That's it in a nutshell.  :)--V

Oh dear, V! Didn't know we had spinal cysts in common. (Or did I and space it out?) Very glad to hear you're doing better. Me, too. :thumbsup: Mine are lower and caused by leakage of spinal fluid into the nerve roots. Wish we just had chickens in common. Oh, that's right, I don't have chickens. Landlord says no! :'(

Sorry to hear about your spinal problems Gard  :hug:

I feel humble because you and Valley are so cheerful and I got myself into a state obsessing about cutting just valium. :-[

Obsessing about cutting drugs is a normal benzo hobby, Slowly! And the reason I am crazy, is to keep myself sane. ;)

I have decided to make a scrapbook of the years I spent living in the country, raising my kids. It should be a better hobby than worrying about my taper except that I have discovered I have no artistic abilities. The scrapbook looks like something Spock would create. ::)

Gard :smitten:

Hi slowly improving & gardener,

I see you speakers no of spinal cysts. I’m having much upper spine, shoulder blade, neck, entire back, also near tailbone pain, but mostly worst of it is in upper back & shoulder blade area to where it feels like my upper back muscles are very cramped are spasming. Shower water hurts to touch my back skin.

Could you tell me if any of this sounds familiar? Like I could have the same problem?

What your sxs were like?

What kind of doctor diagnosed you for cysts?

What beside narcotics ie something more natural can/have you done to treat it?

Much thanks, be well

Love Stut X

Said like an old pro..!!

Yes Cant your absence caused many stress - no pressure  :laugh: Too bad there's no way for those who disappear for a while to allow themselves to be 'pinged' - just an "I'm still breathing" message...

Begood you are strong and nothing or no one can bring you down.You can handle anything that comes your way.

True Cally you worry when people disappear.

Cant all is forgiven l have been called worse many times lol

Love Stut X

Begood you are strong and nothing or no one can bring you down.You can handle anything that comes your way.

True Cally you worry when people disappear.

Cant all is forgiven l have been called worse many times lol

Love Stut X

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Love Stut X

Said like an old pro..!!

Yes Cant your absence caused many stress - no pressure  :laugh: Too bad there's no way for those who disappear for a while to allow themselves to be 'pinged' - just an "I'm still breathing" message...

Sorry Cally,

It was a dark family matter, nothing to do with BB or anyone here, -if that helps...

I always intended to come back, but I dont think I could face the light and goodness that is here, I lived in pure anger for months...

I certainally didnt know I would be missed much, -that is a wonder..!!

Im still not back on FB, and havnt checked any personal email accounts..

I guess BB is a first step still when it comes to this...

I understand your comments, which are fine btw, But added a little as I know some have wondered...

Its not a topic I could realy enter into on this site anyway..

Again, Sorry..

Love Stut X

Said like an old pro..!!

Sorry Cally,

It was a dark family matter, nothing to do with BB or anyone here, -if that helps...

I always intended to come back, but I dont think I could face the light and goodness that is here, I lived in pure anger for months...

I certainally didnt know I would be missed much, -that is a wonder..!!

Im still not back on FB, and havnt checked any personal email accounts..

I guess BB is a first step still when it comes to this...

I understand your comments, which are fine btw, But added a little as I know some have wondered...

Its not a topic I could realy enter into on this site anyway..

Again, Sorry..

Yes it is those "dark family matters" - love that expression - that get you every time.

Hi all, I don't want to piss anyone off but it seems holding longer just drags it out?...or am I reading wrong?. I am probably way more than uncomfortable, sx wise, but could likely proceed at 5% per 2/3 weeks if it stays like this..and that's a BIG if. One year this month taper, and the last 8 to drop 2.5..still have 2.5 valium to go. As I consider this to not be a fast taper, I hope it doesn't go on and on etc  :)

Um, I believe Cant was wanting this cane. For his birthday, maybe?

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Old-Woman-walking-stick-640x400.jpg

Hi all, I don't want to piss anyone off but it seems holding longer just drags it out?...or am I reading wrong?. I am probably way more than uncomfortable, sx wise, but could likely proceed at 5% per 2/3 weeks if it stays like this..and that's a BIG if. One year this month taper, and the last 8 to drop 2.5..still have 2.5 valium to go. As I consider this to not be a fast taper, I hope it doesn't go on and on etc  :)

It does drag it out, but the thought is it gives your body time to adjust so you are more functional.

Everyone needs to make the choice that works best for them. I for one have been going slow and incorporated long holds seeking stability. I am failing at the moment to find that stability but hope to eventually.

yes you are trading time for function, During the taper... -And probably a better healing environ overall..

The body still has to heal one way or the other, We can do this as we slowly taper by SX, or we can do this post jump while in accute... Nothing is certain, and taper speeds are personal...

But I would advise not rushing at low dose... For what little its worth, my current taper soeed is about 1V/Yr... Others are much slower, others faster...

Sadly many come to holding as a last resort, when things are beyond bad, and it can take time to get back on track...

Its all about finding ones own personal taper speed and style, and in that I wish you the very best..

[29...]