Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I really don't know where to post this...  so posting it here but maybe there are other spots?  Anyhow, wondering if anyone has encountered this...

Wondering if anyone has had problems from new dental work?  Wondering if I am sensitized because of CNS vs. the quality of the work...?

I had a bit of a tooth break off, and dentist molded on the corner until he could fit me in for a crown (it was a big amalgam filling, ancient, in a molar that went).  That repair was fine.  So he prepared my tooth for the crown, and put temp filling on.  That was fine, too.

Then put on permanent crown and wow... awful from the get go.  It is possible I was allergic to the cement, or to the material (zirconia instead of gold/porcelain which was my usual), I am thinking.  Anyhow, he had to grind that down and put a temp on, again.  That was over 2 weeks ago.

Felt good getting that out of my head as it was throbbing...  but now, again, it is starting to hurt... or not feel right.

Maybe has nothing to do with benzos but thought I would ask.

I have been feeling crappy lately and sensitive to sound, the no sleeping, vibratey, etc.  Wondering what you guys think.

Gad I hope it settles down.  As I said, first felt better and there were days did not think about it.  Now just feeling not right and somewhat sore.

Hi Barbara I would hazard a guess and say what you are suffering is nothing to do with benzo withdrawal.l think you need to go back to the dentist and get it sorted out.Fingers crossed it will be an easy fix.

Other ways l am sorry you are suffering so much.l hope you get some relief.

Stut X

Miyu, thats great, -the hope goes a long way..

Keep up the great work...

:)

TMB, Hi there..!!

I have also found, that after a good cut, (and jumping is a good cut) that things could get seddenly better... But also that they sometimes got better right after being worse...

-no way to tell asides any past history, but I do hope it eases up for you real soom...

Hi Lost,

Sorry its rough for you, and hope it is much better soon... ons step after the other, -ever forwards...

Hi BG, Stut, Heath, WW... -Everyone...

Hi Cant,🐢 one to another, glad you are doing better.🐢 💖 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_4gYZGNmdTkI4pBvavBqoakmqioSEORQHtB-28XtO1HQwQcVZn8Pl3v-O

HIGH BEGOOD...  -oops, i mean HI...!!

:laugh::D:crazy::laugh:

Any experiences of people that didn't stabilize properly after 3 months but got better after 4,5,6+ months?

A lot of my symptoms stabilized pretty quickly (insomnia, anxiety, even dizziness after a while) but the worst ones (tinnitus and visual snow) are actually worse than before I started holding.

This is really making me lose hope again. I had a tiny week long window of these symptoms in month 2, but it seems the rest is just a worsening wave and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I'm really losing hope. Three months seems to be a long time to hold already am I'm not feeling any better.

Thanks, Stut.  I just did saltwater and very carefully flossed and could be it is irritated.  Hope that is it.  I'll give it a day or so then have to revisit the dentist (sigh).  He seems skilled, so that is why I was thinking it me.

Re tapers, I wonder if the reason mine is so awful is I took mirtazpine 6 weeks, as sick on it, decided to get off... 5 days later was off (after halving those days).  It gave me double vision, headaches, optical distortions,etc.  But thereafter got horrible stomach cramps,bloat, gas,diarrhea (lovely), PAIN, bouncy feeling, sweats, anxiety, weakness, no appetite, and was bedridden.

Maybe mirtaz. has made my taper so bad as prior to it, was uneventfully reducing my clonopin just because  I wanted to and saw no reason to stay on it.

??

I did not keep track as I saw no problem.  I was at my height of 2 mg klon when my Dad died... a year later was about at 1 mg.  Then got to .5 no problem... then half a half so .25.  I was about there, or lower-- maybe 1/3 of a half mg, when took the mirtaz.

OMG was THAT a terrible idea.

And don't know if this also played a role but took Z pack antibiotic, long course, trying to get over a cough.

Then the shit hit the fan, as it were.

My drs said 'mirtazapine can't do that it is out of your body in a month.'  Nobody believed it.

Maybe the mirt overloaded your system and kicked off the withdrawal symptoms.The brain is very sensitive when there are changes.Probably too much going on at one time.Also you were greiving your dad, sorry to hear that,and antibiotics all adds up.

Sadly Barbara no one can really answer that.

Stut X

Hi MakeitStaph l have been holding nearly 6 months l could not go on the depression and terror was too much and I couldn't keep going as l have to stay functional.My experience has been this l thought I was never going to stabilise.l got worse and when the symptoms eased off new ones kicked in.

About a month ago l began to feel better.The depression lifted the terror eased off.Am l feeling great? No but I feel hopeful and l know l will get off these drugs.l do not regret holding but it wasn't easy.l will be holding until September and when l taper if l have to hold again l will knowing it helps so much.

Stut X

Hi MakeitStaph l have been holding nearly 6 months l could not go on the depression and terror was too much and I couldn't keep going as l have to stay functional.My experience has been this l thought I was never going to stabilise.l got worse and when the symptoms eased off new ones kicked in.

About a month ago l began to feel better.The depression lifted the terror eased off.Am l feeling great? No but I feel hopeful and l know l will get off these drugs.l do not regret holding but it wasn't easy.l will be holding until September and when l taper if l have to hold again l will knowing it helps so much.

Stut X

When did you start feeling like you were getting better instead of getting worse? After 6 months?

At about the 5 month mark.Listen everyone is different and no one can tell you when you will start to feel better but you have to be patient and stop overthinking this.l lost hope many times trust me but I couldn't move forward so l had to stick with it.l am so glad l did.

Stut X

I did not keep track as I saw no problem.  I was at my height of 2 mg klon when my Dad died... a year later was about at 1 mg.  Then got to .5 no problem... then half a half so .25.  I was about there, or lower-- maybe 1/3 of a half mg, when took the mirtaz.

And don't know if this also played a role but took Z pack antibiotic, long course, trying to get over a cough.

My drs said 'mirtazapine can't do that it is out of your body in a month.'  Nobody believed it.

I wonder Barbara if the antibiotic didn't start the sxs that you are having -- and sound so dreadful.  Antibiotics are known to be very very tricky when withdrawing....  Just an idea.  Not that it really matters much -- its all about how we get out of this realm.  But just in case there was another course of antibiotics in the offing....

Yes, I figured my ruined stomach was antibiotic, tho that one never did that to me bfore ever.    yes, then my Mom died.  Then it got worse, sister in charge of assets.  OMG. 

So tried to deal with this with half a brain.  Lots of mistakes.

Anyhow, that is done, unless mirtaz affects me this far out.  Or unless mirtaz and antibiotics made this horrible withdrawal explaining my need to hold, plus sxs.

?

Any experiences of people that didn't stabilize properly after 3 months but got better after 4,5,6+ months?

A lot of my symptoms stabilized pretty quickly (insomnia, anxiety, even dizziness after a while) but the worst ones (tinnitus and visual snow) are actually worse than before I started holding.

This is really making me lose hope again. I had a tiny week long window of these symptoms in month 2, but it seems the rest is just a worsening wave and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I'm really losing hope. Three months seems to be a long time to hold already am I'm not feeling any better.

Hi Make it..

I find it very easy to see how 4,6,8 mths holding can change the game...

I just read your sig, an am sure  remember when you joined.. Sorry that it has been like this...

I wondered on the kindling thoughts and how there was an issue from the first dose, if I have read things right...  -I might have to catch up. Sorry...

Hi Make it..

I find it very easy to see how 4,6,8 mths holding can change the game...

I just read your sig, an am sure  remember when you joined.. Sorry that it has been like this...

I wondered on the kindling thoughts and how there was an issue from the first dose, if I have read things right...  -I might have to catch up. Sorry...

Yeah, I had some withdrawal from a first dose of 1 or 2mg ativan, but that was not so bad. Hell started when I went back on it (I didn't understand back then that those were wd symptoms from a single ativan, as that seems crazy), and when I tried to taper each time would be way too fast for my body so I kindled each time and got worse.

Since then I've been holding on 2.5mg valium for the past 3 months and it seems im just getting worse...

Miyu, thats great, -the hope goes a long way..

Keep up the great work...

TMB, Hi there..!!

I have also found, that after a good cut, (and jumping is a good cut) that things could get seddenly better... But also that they sometimes got better right after being worse...

-no way to tell asides any past history, but I do hope it eases up for you real soom...

Hi Lost,

Sorry its rough for you, and hope it is much better soon... ons step after the other, -ever forwards...

Hi BG, Stut, Heath, WW... -Everyone...

Hi Cant,🐢 one to another, glad you are doing better.🐢 💖 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_4gYZGNmdTkI4pBvavBqoakmqioSEORQHtB-28XtO1HQwQcVZn8Pl3v-O

HIGH BEGOOD...  -oops, i mean HI...!!

How funny! Can’t...you crack me up! And I love it! Your sense of humor is delightful! You bring such fun to this support group! Hope you are doing ok!

Heath :smitten::D:laugh:

I really don't know where to post this...  so posting it here but maybe there are other spots?  Anyhow, wondering if anyone has encountered this...

Wondering if anyone has had problems from new dental work?  Wondering if I am sensitized because of CNS vs. the quality of the work...?

I had a bit of a tooth break off, and dentist molded on the corner until he could fit me in for a crown (it was a big amalgam filling, ancient, in a molar that went).  That repair was fine.  So he prepared my tooth for the crown, and put temp filling on.  That was fine, too.

Then put on permanent crown and wow... awful from the get go.  It is possible I was allergic to the cement, or to the material (zirconia instead of gold/porcelain which was my usual), I am thinking.  Anyhow, he had to grind that down and put a temp on, again.  That was over 2 weeks ago.

Felt good getting that out of my head as it was throbbing...  but now, again, it is starting to hurt... or not feel right.

Maybe has nothing to do with benzos but thought I would ask.

I have been feeling crappy lately and sensitive to sound, the no sleeping, vibratey, etc.  Wondering what you guys think.

Gad I hope it settles down.  As I said, first felt better and there were days did not think about it.  Now just feeling not right and somewhat sore.

Hi BarbaraAve,

I did not have the same experience as you did but I did have a time last April where every tooth in my mouth was hurting me. Really achy. I thought I had some kind of gum infection or ...I don’t know what!

But the dentist could not find a thing wrong! Not even one small cavity! Very weird!

But then I learned that phantom teeth pain Is one of the benzo withdrawal wdsx.

It did go away after about another two weeks or so. It came back for a few days just about two months ago. But it went away again.

I would imagine your pain could be benzo related, but it’s wise, I think, that your dentist is involved. I’m sure he will find out if anything else is wrong.

Hope the pain goes away soon and you find out what it is.

Hang in there!

Heath :);):thumbsup::smitten:

I wonder Barbara if the antibiotic didn't start the sxs that you are having -- and sound so dreadful.  Antibiotics are known to be very very tricky when withdrawing....  Just an idea.  Not that it really matters much -- its all about how we get out of this realm.  But just in case there was another course of antibiotics in the offing....

Actually there is.  A tooth has been bothering me a lot and it had settled down but now not and I really should take amoxicillin for it.  But can that make me a lot worse?

OMG, what do I do?  Tooth hurts.

All your teeth hurt at one time?

Yes, call in to dentist, altho wondering if I should just start amoxicillin, which I have.  When the crown had issues I was surprised he did not take an xray.  But felt better to get that crown out and then it seemed to be settling down... til now.  Does infection show up on xray? hmm.

Afraid amoxicillin will make me worse is the problem.  But it has been all about this tooth, none of the others.  I guess this is the only one that had an issue, tho, while in withdrawal.  ;(

Barbara you are overthinking this.Go back to your dentist and if you need an antibiotic take it.Infections can not be left untreated.We have a tendency to blame everything on withdrawal.lf you weren't in withdrawal what would you think this is?Get it sorted as soon as possible please.

Stut X

Barbara,

I know I got into trouble with antibiotics a year and a half ago, but I had to take them. Had bronchitis and flu and almost ended up in hospital. My mom almost died from a dental infection, so if the dentist thinks your tooth is infected, you may need to take them. I agree with Stut, check in with your dentist and take the antibiotic if you need to.

I am more than a bit of a mess right now. Was up almost all of last night again and now in severe gastrointestinal distress. Bad diarrhea and very nauseous. I am completely overwhelmed, as this was the same thing almost all of last week as well. I am working from home today on a large project, but then need to return to the office tomorrow. Driving on two hours of sleep did not work too well for me last week. I got about two and a half hours last night. This is not good.

I did recently restart a probiotic and I guess I will stop that. I have taken it before and was taking for my tummy issues. Cannot pinpoint anything else I have changed other than a really small reduction in dose. Need to figure out what else I can do to get these symptoms in control right away. I am really scared that I am beginning to spiral out of control, I did reduce dosage slightly over last three weeks, maybe need to updose? I have not had such bad insomnia as this since a  rapid taper attempt. I am REALLY scared that I am not going to be able to continue to work--I cannot work if I am only sleeping two hours. I am then falling asleep while driving. And I have to work, we need my income.

But if I need to updose again, then why am I doing this at all?

This just sucks.

Hi NJ l feel for you l think you have an awful lot to deal with and the stress must be taking it's toll.lf you need to updose do it.l have come to the conclusion that getting off these drugs is important yes but not at the cost of my sanity.l know you are in despair however it will pass.

I wish l could help more but l am here if you want to vent etc.

Stut X

Thanks Stut. You are always here for everyone. I hope you feel supported too.

I think I am going to start vomiting now, that is how sick I am. I have a huge project to work on today. I have no idea of how I am going to get this done. And if I need to updose again, which I have been really trying not to do, trying so hard to maintain some progress, what is the point of all of this? I know I always do my best to push through and live my life but I am at the point this has worn me down so much. I really am tired of pushing through. I really don't want to work anymore, really just want to take care of me ... but with one in private school and one in college, I just cannot do that now, cannot even cut back in hours. And I am afraid I may lose my job if I continue to be this symptomatic. I know worried spiral out of control when I am sleep deprived.

NJ do whatever you have to do to stabilise.Sadly there is no easy way to get off these drugs but you are suffering terribly and there is only a certain amount you can take before you crack.

I am unsure of how the system works in America but if you are advised by your doctor to work part time can you speak to your employer about getting your hours reduced.

Stut X

[0e...]