Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Can’t - I already came off of it and ended up being diagnosed with dystopia.

I was originally put on it for spasm due to spinal injury.

While tapering last year I had managed to do more exercise than in years because had more energy (I also have ME/CFS). It was all going well until got off completely and it all caught up with me.

I am still trying to exercise as much as possible but it ramps up all my symptoms.

Since I came off muscles that were okay are now stiff and solid - the rheumatologist says I now have fibromyalgia which I didn’t have prior to withdrawal.

On top of that I suffered a pelvic prolapse a couple of months ago - I think because all my abdominals were spasming so much and I was still pushing the ab exercises really hard to try to sort mid back problem. Prolapse means Zi can’t do those exercises anymore.

Saw physio/exercise person today to work out how can strengthen abs without worsening prolapse and can do some Pilates stuff with ball. So will do that in 2 minute chunks throughout the day in between lying down to rest as can’t sit.

The whole thing is such a nightmare.

Just keep stepping through it... one choice or decision at a time... looks like you are well on the way in many ways... But needing more stability to work with... -it will come...

Can’t - I already came off of it and ended up being diagnosed with dystopia.

I was originally put on it for spasm due to spinal injury.

While tapering last year I had managed to do more exercise than in years because had more energy (I also have ME/CFS). It was all going well until got off completely and it all caught up with me.

I am still trying to exercise as much as possible but it ramps up all my symptoms.

Since I came off muscles that were okay are now stiff and solid - the rheumatologist says I now have fibromyalgia which I didn’t have prior to withdrawal.

On top of that I suffered a pelvic prolapse a couple of months ago - I think because all my abdominals were spasming so much and I was still pushing the ab exercises really hard to try to sort mid back problem. Prolapse means Zi can’t do those exercises anymore.

Saw physio/exercise person today to work out how can strengthen abs without worsening prolapse and can do some Pilates stuff with ball. So will do that in 2 minute chunks throughout the day in between lying down to rest as can’t sit.

The whole thing is such a nightmare.

I have bad back pain but nothing like that.  I respect you so much for still sticking in there and giving it your all every day :smitten:  courageous!

I am not an expert at all. But every time I post something that I’m not sure I should post, I make that disclaimer.

I know withdrawal is a bad trip. And I know how discouraging it is when wdsx take soooo long to clear even when holding.  And I know some peopke are truly in need of antidepressants.

But the more I read the more I wonder how many people are turning to antidepressants as a way to assist the depression and stress that is a wdsx of withdrawal, instead of dealing with it and waiting for it to clear like any other wdsx without additional drugs.

Antidepressants mess with your brain just like benzos do. They are addicting jus5 like benzos are.

Try to remember what was bothering you when you first popped your benzo. Now that you know what those benzos did and are doing to your brain and CNS, do you wish you never started taking them?

Do you think this may happen with an antidepressant too if you add it to the mix?

I know there are legitimate reasons for tak8ng an antidepressant.....but PLEASE THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE ADDING TO THE MIX, ANOTHER DRUG!

If you were never on an anti depressant before you were on benzos....doesn’t it makes sense that the depression, anxiety and stress you are dealing with now isjust from benzos ? Can you be courageous? Can you try to distract? Do something else besides take an antidepressant to deal with your wdsx ?

Please think many times before you pop another pill that will work on your brain and cause you to become more messed up and perhaps dependent on yet another drug that you will have to taper off of.

Give your hold a chance to work...maybe many months....but let it work!

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but I feel very strongly about this.

If you are a person who really does need an antidepressant,  and have had the need even before benzos, I understand, and I am not addressing you in this post.

Heath...just trying .......

Heath you are bang on.The sad fact is this antidepressants can not lift the depression caused by benzo withdrawal, in most cases, only time will.Reaching for a pill to ease anxiety during withdrawal again is the reason most people are going through this withdrawal in the first place.

Anxiety is a horrible disorder trust me l know however it is not cured by medication.

If you do start an antidepressant for withdrawal please stay on it as short a period as you can as doctors do tend to put you on and never take you off again.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me and if you are suicidal and feel you will act on your thoughts get help immediately.Other than that hang in there and find ways of coping to get you through this horrendous process.

Stut X

I am not an expert at all. But every time I post something that I’m not sure I should post, I make that disclaimer.

I know withdrawal is a bad trip. And I know how discouraging it is when wdsx take soooo long to clear even when holding.  And I know some peopke are truly in need of antidepressants.

But the more I read the more I wonder how many people are turning to antidepressants as a way to assist the depression and stress that is a wdsx of withdrawal, instead of dealing with it and waiting for it to clear like any other wdsx without additional drugs.

Antidepressants mess with your brain just like benzos do. They are addicting jus5 like benzos are.

Try to remember what was bothering you when you first popped your benzo. Now that you know what those benzos did and are doing to your brain and CNS, do you wish you never started taking them?

Do you think this may happen with an antidepressant too if you add it to the mix?

I know there are legitimate reasons for tak8ng an antidepressant.....but PLEASE THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE ADDING TO THE MIX, ANOTHER DRUG!

If you were never on an anti depressant before you were on benzos....doesn’t it makes sense that the depression, anxiety and stress you are dealing with now isjust from benzos ? Can you be courageous? Can you try to distract? Do something else besides take an antidepressant to deal with your wdsx ?

Please think many times before you pop another pill that will work on your brain and cause you to become more messed up and perhaps dependent on yet another drug that you will have to taper off of.

If you are a person who really does need an antidepressant,  and have had the need even before benzos, I understand, and I am not addressing you in this post.

I have recently started a small dose of nortriptyline. I don’t like it but it has at least stopped me thinking about killing myself 24/7 so I am going to stick with it for now.

I have recently started a small dose of nortriptyline. I don’t like it but it has at least stopped me thinking about killing myself 24/7 so I am going to stick with it for now.

Hi Adjusta,,

Of course! In the event that you are truly in need of an antidepressant, it is not my call to judge you or tell you what to do. You know what you need and you are under a doctors care. I would never tell you to stop a drug that was prescribed for you. That’s between you and your doctor.

My post was to address the many people who, in my opinion, take antidepressants with out thinking about their affect on ones CNS and the fact that they may also be causing another dependency. 

And this is, again, only my IMO.

Heath

Reached a milestone today.....I’m at .5 mg Valium. Took me 10 months to drop half a mg but I did it. :yippee: phew!

Now I’ll go really even slower than before.  First I will hold for about 5 days. Then start up again.not sure. Maybe hold longer. ....... One day at a time!

Here I go again! This little wimp actually is doing it!  :D

Hey I’m no courageous kid! If I can do it....you can too!  :)

Keep on hangin in there all you buddies. We will do this together! Faith, courage, strength, patience, compassion, caring and kindness and support.

Love everyone today.

Hope everyone has big windows tomorrow! And more and more each day.

5 most important words....GO SLOW and BE A TURTLE

HEATH :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Congratulations Heath!!!! well done , you are making it in style , 8)

love, MiYu :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Every time my dose wears off my whole body gets squashed. It is causing muscle damage. I don’t know what to. Will it really ease if I hold. I simply don’t believe it.

I really think the low doses of Buspar are making my symptoms (including back and chest pain) tolerable - tolerable enough to continue my taper.  I am still experimenting but so far, it looks true.

THat s good news Bob!

love, MiYu :)

i have read all your posts , just sending love and hugs to everyone ,

MiYu :hug: :hug: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

and back to you!  Loving Warrior ... :mybuddy::clap:

SS

i have read all your posts , just sending love and hugs to everyone ,

MiYu :hug: :hug: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Back at ya, much Love and Many Hugs to you. Hope your Mother is doing well and your Father too. Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

ME too MiYu,

Hope you, your mom, and your dad, all get the blessings and breaks that are overdue! Hope only good things come your way, very very soon.

Heath :thumbsup:💓🤗

OH VALLEY, VALLEY, VALLEY, HOW ARE YOU???? .....HOPE YOU ARE OK!                                We are missing you!

Heath

True Heath l am really hoping no news is good news but I am not overly hopeful.Drop in Valley and let us know please.

Stut X

OH VALLEY, VALLEY, VALLEY, HOW ARE YOU???? .....HOPE YOU ARE OK!                                We are missing you!

Heath

Valley was on April 27th, but he did not post anywhere, I so wish he would come back and let us know he is OK, he stepped in here when OP left this group high and dry. He is in My Prayers always. 💖 Peace. :smitten:

[93...]

Well I had a 5 hour window Friday and got it slammed shut Saturday and today has been hell on wheels.

After 2 years of this hell it's getting unsustainable. I'm utterly worn down from depression and anxiety for the last 2 years.

I see my shrink and psychotherapist for a case review on Wednesday and Una from BAT is coming with me. She thinks I need to updose to get some stability and that's what I'm going to request but my shrink is insistent in treating the symptoms and not the cause (the benzo) and is offering ECT or Lamotrigine.

I don't want to updose but feel things could get out of control without some stability soon.

Sorry for moaning but I had to vent somewhere.

Steve

Hi Staz l am so sorry you are suffering so badly.l know you have been through hell so perhaps an updose will help you at this time.l know the struggle with doctors etc when it comes to benzo withdrawal but l hope Una can get through to them.

I would also like to point out you had a window and you haven't been holding very long so that is a very good sign that holding could really help you a lot.

Hang in there Staz.

Stut X

[93...]

Hi Staz l am so sorry you are suffering so badly.l know you have been through hell so perhaps an updose will help you at this time.l know the struggle with doctors etc when it comes to benzo withdrawal but l hope Una can get through to them.

I would also like to point out you had a window and you haven't been holding very long so that is a very good sign that holding could really help you a lot.

Hang in there Staz.

Stut X

Thanks Stut.

It was a very brief window that I can't explain. The first time I've felt remotely human for so long. To have it snatched away has hit me hard. I'm struggling to see a future with me in it as this suffering is getting beyond it now. I know there's no pill and no cure other than to come off of my benzo but I'm just not strong enough mentally or physically any longer to cope with it.

Stazx 

Listen Staz you have hit a wall and l think that happens to most people at some stage during their taper.It is frustrating and frightening as we can't see a way forward and we can't go back.Now l know you feel all these emotions and more but you must hang in there.The only thing that helps is time.You have been through so much so please understand you are so strong and when the time is right you will get off the diazepam.

Stut X

Hi Staz,

I’m so sorry you are suffering so badly.

It is good you have Una to help you.

I tried calling Bataid but never get an answer.

I’m considering updosing myself but I need to get GP to agree or I’ll be f’d.

After 22 years of illness and pain and now having lost the few ordinary things that gave me joy and comfort because of withdrawal I really do understand the misery and desperation you are feeling.

I think there are times when you just have to do whatever it takes to survive.

Take care,

Xxx

Well I had a 5 hour window Friday and got it slammed shut Saturday and today has been hell on wheels.

After 2 years of this hell it's getting unsustainable. I'm utterly worn down from depression and anxiety for the last 2 years.

I see my shrink and psychotherapist for a case review on Wednesday and Una from BAT is coming with me. She thinks I need to updose to get some stability and that's what I'm going to request but my shrink is insistent in treating the symptoms and not the cause (the benzo) and is offering ECT or Lamotrigine.

I don't want to updose but feel things could get out of control without some stability soon.

Sorry for moaning but I had to vent somewhere.

Steve

An updose and six month hold helped me last year. Good luck with your dr. visit. The problem is these doctors really don't get any of this at all. Stability is important!

[93...]

Listen Staz you have hit a wall and l think that happens to most people at some stage during their taper.It is frustrating and frightening as we can't see a way forward and we can't go back.Now l know you feel all these emotions and more but you must hang in there.The only thing that helps is time.You have been through so much so please understand you are so strong and when the time is right you will get off the diazepam.

Stut X

Yep a 2 year wall Stut. I've not manged a reduction at all. I'm hoping for a good result Wednesday but preparing for the worst.

Holding on is becoming increasilngly difficult but I'm still here trying.

Staz

xx

[93...]

Hi Staz,

I’m so sorry you are suffering so badly.

It is good you have Una to help you.

I tried calling Bataid but never get an answer.

I’m considering updosing myself but I need to get GP to agree or I’ll be f’d.

After 22 years of illness and pain and now having lost the few ordinary things that gave me joy and comfort because of withdrawal I really do understand the misery and desperation you are feeling.

I think there are times when you just have to do whatever it takes to survive.

Take care,

Xxx

Try after 5pm weekdays to get in touch with Una.

xxxxx

[c1...]