Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Reached a milestone today.....I’m at .5 mg Valium. Took me 10 months to drop half a mg but I did it. :yippee: phew!

Now I’ll go really even slower than before.  First I will hold for about 5 days. Then start up again.not sure. Maybe hold longer. ....... One day at a time!

Here I go again! This little wimp actually is doing it!  :D

Hey I’m no courageous kid! If I can do it....you can too!  :)

Keep on hangin in there all you buddies. We will do this together! Faith, courage, strength, patience, compassion, caring and kindness and support.

Love everyone today.

Hope everyone has big windows tomorrow! And more and more each day.

5 most important words....GO SLOW and BE A TURTLE

HEATH :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Heath congratulations l am so pleased for you.You have redefined the word whimp and l will be one too if you are an example of being one.Would you not consider going for an X-ray and follow up tests on your neck?I hope you do.

Miyu l hope your mum is doing ok.

Cant,SS,BG, NJ and all LHB l hope you have a good day.

Stut X

Reached a milestone today.....I’m at .5 mg Valium. Took me 10 months to drop half a mg but I did it. :yippee: phew!

Now I’ll go really even slower than before.  First I will hold for about 5 days. Then start up again.not sure. Maybe hold longer. ....... One day at a time!

Keep on hangin in there all you buddies. We will do this together! Faith, courage, strength, patience, compassion, caring and kindness and support.

Love everyone today.

[glow=red,2,300]"Congrats"[/glow]  Nice work Heath,  :thumbsup:  I remember when you first joined this group and look at you now, helping others and reaching a milestone. Be sure to adjust your %'s as you go down, stay vigilant and let your guides "Patience & Time" take you to your place to "Walk Off" only the best to you. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

Love everyone today.

Yay, u r going to sneak off, I feel it.  Benzo will look around and you will be gone :clap:

STUT, BEGOOD, MARY,

THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS.

MARY, YOU MADE ME LAUGH.

BEGOOD, IM JUST FOLLOWING YOUR LEAD!

STUT, YOU WILL GET WHERE YOURE GOING WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT... THE ROAD IS ROCKY BUT  REALIZE IT OR NOT .... YOU ARE ALREADY ON YOUR WAY.

And the best part about all this is........ even if I mess up....and I hope I won’t! ......but if I do.......I know there is no judging here.....just constant support and great advice.

Hats off to all of you who make it possible for those like me, who had previously been lost in no mans land, distraught with no where to turn, until I found Benzo Buddies and theLongnHold support group!

Heath

Every time my dose wears off my whole body gets squashed. It is causing muscle damage. I don’t know what to. Will it really ease if I hold. I simply don’t believe it.

Every time my dose wears off my whole body gets squashed. It is causing muscle damage. I don’t know what to. Will it really ease if I hold. I simply don’t believe it.

I really think the low doses of Buspar are making my symptoms (including back and chest pain) tolerable - tolerable enough to continue my taper.  I am still experimenting but so far, it looks true.

Hi Ajusta l am sure you in agony l can see you have been through a lot with your ME back surgery etc.l also see you have stopped a number of drugs including your diazepam over this year and last.l know holding is hard as you feel nothing works but my viewpoint is this if you are going to get off these drugs you need to give your brain time to recover from all off the changes that it has had to deal with.Now it does take a long time however it will help with the withdrawal symptoms.I know you want to know for sure and that is the hardest part of holding.l can only speak for myself l am definitely a LOT better than l was so it is working for me.l hope you will give it a chance.We are talking months not weeks.

Bob glad to hear the Buspar is helping you.

Stut X

Love everyone today.

Wow Heath!!!

And you did that while offering such kind encouoand right on suggestions for all of us behind you!!!!

Enjoy it all! I hope you have a chance to savour this time

💕👍🏻👌🏻💪🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉

SS

Hi Ajusta l am sure you in agony l can see you have been through a lot with your ME back surgery etc.l also see you have stopped a number of drugs including your diazepam over this year and last.l know holding is hard as you feel nothing works but my viewpoint is this if you are going to get off these drugs you need to give your brain time to recover from all off the changes that it has had to deal with.Now it does take a long time however it will help with the withdrawal symptoms.I know you want to know for sure and that is the hardest part of holding.l can only speak for myself l am definitely a LOT better than l was so it is working for me.l hope you will give it a chance.We are talking months not weeks.

Stut X

Thank you!

Did you have severe symptoms that eased over time as you held?

Stut X

Thank you!

Did you have severe symptoms that eased over time as you held?

Ajusta,

I did have severe symptoms.  I was holding at 0.125mg Klonopin for 4 weeks and things got worse.  My chest pain was so bad I went to the ER.  They did an EKG to check for heart attack.  My heart seemed ok but the pain was so bad, my doctor ordered a treadmill stress test and a heart echo.  All tests said heart was fine.  All those tests and waiting for results took like 3 weeks.  So 7 weeks since my last cut, I was still in chest pain.  My doctor said to try low dose Buspar. 

Within a week, chest pains were pretty much gone.  Now the question is, did the chest pain go away due to a total of 8 weeks hold of my benzo or was it the Buspar?  I am testing this theory by starting and stopping Buspar during my current benzo taper - my big problem now is back pain but I think the Buspar is helping - you can see my progress at this post

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=201176.0

Thanks Bob!

I’m not sure the buspar would help with the muscle squashing every time a dose wears off or the severe sensory stuff and lack of internal sensation.

Non of this seems related to anxiety for me. I can feel calm and it still gets very severe as the dose wears off. My brain gets squeezed as it leaves my system.

Yes Adjusta l did.The lower l went the more l struggled.l definitely couldn't move forward.Am l 100 percent no but l am able to cope when l get withdrawal so it is a lot less intense.l didn't believe l would improve but l was wrong.I was in despair and this group helped me to hold on and l am so glad l did.

Stut X

Thanks Bob!

I’m not sure the buspar would help with the muscle squashing every time a dose wears off or the severe sensory stuff and lack of internal sensation.

Non of this seems related to anxiety for me. I can feel calm and it still gets very severe as the dose wears off. My brain gets squeezed as it leaves my system.

I get it.  I also wonder if your muscle pain is due to your medical history. 

But it seems like it isn't my conscious anxiety which creates my back and chest pains.  Rather is it is my raw CNS - the nerve ends are wacky.  So I don't know why Buspar is helping, but I hoped it could help you.

Like you, I am worse as my dose wears off.  I take my benzo at bedtime and by 5pm the next day, my problems are worse until I get my next dose.  I think Klonopin is longer lasting than what you take?

Hi Ajusta l don't get interdose withdrawal or if I do l can't differentiate between it and withdrawal.l believe this will ease off when your stabilised on your dose.Diazepam has a long half life so l can only assume it has evened out for you yet.

Stut X

Thank you!

Diazepam actually starts to leave the blood stream about an hour or two after taking it.

I am worried that after getting off of it and reinstating my brain doesn’t like it anymore.

When I take it the weird creepy sensations get worse. As it leaves my system the spasms, squeezing and phobia of touching anything gets worse.

I guess I don’t have a choice but to leave it for a while and hope it lessens although I am worried that the dose is too low but the thought of taking more horrifies me.

Love everyone today.

U r fantastic and inspiring me :smitten:

Wow Heath!!!

And you did that while offering such kind encouoand right on suggestions for all of us behind you!!!!

Enjoy it all! I hope you have a chance to savour this time

💕👍🏻👌🏻💪🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉

SS

My symptoms start to get worse about 2hours after each dose and get progressively worse until I take the next one at 4 hours.

However, in the morning after no having had any for 12 hours I feel better until I try to move around and things get ramped up again. But if Zi try to cut down the spasming gets worse.

I want to go back to prior to reinstating but I can’t and anyway at that point it was dry very bad, I wish I hadn’t taken the Baclofen the neuro gave me. I think that made everything much worse.

My symptoms start to get worse about 2hours after each dose and get progressively worse until I take the next one at 4 hours.

However, in the morning after no having had any for 12 hours I feel better until I try to move around and things get ramped up again. But if Zi try to cut down the spasming gets worse.

I want to go back to prior to reinstating but I can’t and anyway at that point it was dry very bad, I wish I hadn’t taken the Baclofen the neuro gave me. I think that made everything much worse.

I am so sorry u feel so awful.... I wish we could do something  :(

Hi Ajusta can l ask and you don't have to answer were you on diazepam for muscle spasms?

Stut X

Hiya,

Yes was put on it after I injured my spine and then a piece of disc got into the spinal canal and have to have surgey.

After surgery my whole upper back went in to spasm and I have never found a way to sort it despite trying everything.

All that time I have had horrible heavy head sensation, weakness in mid back and neck etc.

I got diagnosed with hyper mobility and found out muscle relaxants were a bad idea for that so decided to come off. It does help with the weak bits but makes the bits that are already in spasm much worse.

I think all those areas that are unbalanced are causing real problems and the pain is unbelievable.

Just left to rot on my own yet again.

Am hoping to see a spine and pain consultant if I can get there but they will know nothing about withdrawal...

[f0...]