Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Well all l am definitely on a long hold just been diagnosed with a herniated disc in the neck so probably getting surgery.That has really put a spanner in the works.

Also a word of caution l assumed all the pain, dizziness, muscle spasms etc were to caused by diazepam tolerance and withdrawal so please don't put everything down to these horrible drugs.

Stut X

Well all l am definitely on a long hold just been diagnosed with a herniated disc in the neck so probably getting surgery.That has really put a spanner in the works.

Also a word of caution l assumed all the pain, dizziness, muscle spasms etc were to caused by diazepam tolerance and withdrawal so please don't put everything down to these horrible drugs.

Stut X

Exactly, I had a Friend here that was sure he had Benzo Belly and did not go to Doctor, he ended up with Sepsis from a Perforated Appendix, so every one needs to be careful. He spent months in and out of the Hospital and long recovery at home. Hope you will feel better soon with pain meds and such. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace. :smitten:

I am sorry to hear you have a herniated disk in the neck.  It is such a bummer to be sick during Benzo withdrawal.  Yes, hold your level - it will keep you more stable and hopefully, you have some peace by at least knowing the source of the problem.

Thank you for sharing the advice about not putting everything down to Benzo.

Hi Begood it is difficult to determine between withdrawal symptoms and needing other treatment.l think it is a risk for all of us.You are a nurse as am l and l was convinced all the symptoms were due to withdrawal.l hope you are doing well.

Bob thank you l really don't want to scare anyone however there is always the risk of blaming everything on benzo withdrawal symptoms.l hope you are well?

Stut X

Hi Stut 55,

Thanks for asking.

I finished an 8 week hold at 0.125mg and I did get stable.

I am tapering 0.001 mg a day now - wondering what will happen with symptoms as the days pass.  I have hope.

Bob just take it slow and hold whenever you need to.Sadly the only way out is through so be as gentle with yourself.You will get there in the end as we all will.

Stut X

Hi Begood it is difficult to determine between withdrawal symptoms and needing other treatment.l think it is a risk for all of us.You are a nurse as am l and l was convinced all the symptoms were due to withdrawal.l hope you are doing well.

Bob thank you l really don't want to scare anyone however there is always the risk of blaming everything on benzo withdrawal symptoms.l hope you are well?

Stut X

Thanks Stut for asking, I am doing well with taper, just some normal health problems, just makes me aware to be careful, but life gets in the way sometimes and we tend to forget we have other issues we must take care of also. But feel blessed about taper, my third and last time. :thumbsup::smitten:

Great begood you will most definitely make it this time.l hope everything goes smoothly for you and you shuffle off and never look back.l hope your life stress keeps to the minimum.

Stut X

Thanks SS..!!

The best to you also..

MiYu... Fwiw I think your thoughts are right... Hold tight for now... -But know there are things to try if needed... I am assuming you are not getting steadily worse..

You sure have done some hard yards..!!

Ashton info seems to come in waves... Sometimes everyone is all Ashton, other times its "way too fast"

A problem with this type of support is that info has to be cycled, unless people are using th search function or reading lots...

I think Ashtons era and peer audiance played a role too... she had to produce something that was academically accepted and clinically functional, or it would not have been accepted at all..??

Sadly people want to get off as fast as possible, and dont look at options untill already in trouble...

I agree Cant... Ashton really began awareness of benzodiazapene withdrawals , who knows where we'd be if it hadn't been for her . But as Staz , or was it Blaggy, the information is 30 years old now , and so we can add to it .

Thanks for supporting my choices ! I'm not getting worse , no . Improvement is very slow , but I do think it's there . Klonopin is incredibly hard to measure accurately , even with liquid , being so strong , sometimes I wonder if a tiny difference in measurement affects me . I'm as accurate as I can be I think.

I do hope you feel better soon , you and me both actually .

MiYu

Hi guys,

I so agree with these ideas..... Ashton was a saint in taking on something that no one else would touch!  But we now know more!

and if I had switched over to Valium I would have sunk into a depression that would have been,  well pretty grim... but that's just me.

and this longer hold -- which she would have said was not a good idea -- is allowing me to live my life again.... whew. 

The number of people here who have stepped off -- shuffled off or whatever with no acute phase in notable....

I do so hope that things turn around Miyu. (I try experiments all the time.... or did until 26 days ago  ;) ).

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Great begood you will most definitely make it this time.l hope everything goes smoothly for you and you shuffle off and never look back.l hope your life stress keeps to the minimum.

Stut X

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ooops... now i forgot everything..!!

Stut, so sorry to hear.. I feel you will step on through this, one strong step at a time..

Knowing you will feel better in the long term... They are very good at fixing these things these days.. And you will be no exception...

Begood, How great to see you here again with another important fact... NOT EVERYTHING IS WD...!!

I have seen it too many times too.. some of it is gut feeling, other common sense.. But that whole paradigm shifts when in WD, so yes, like Major Decisions, Health issues need a good splash of caution..

Thank you..

:)

Miyu,

I was just thinking earlier on something and wanted to remind you to remember that Healing is not always linear... There is every chance that healing will accelerate on the way down.. It will get better and more manageable.. The goal of tapering relitivly SX free is very real... Some say we pay with time... That may be, But we heal on the way down... and are far less likely to attract the Back Taxes of PAWS and protracted...

Remember: HOLDING IS HEALING too...!!

Hi to SS and Bob...

My thoughts are with Valley and Nova, and the many that read...

Sometimes I wish we could all have a Barbeque at the beach... or is it a fry up..??

I got a real nice suprise today, one that let me know I do have emotions that work... -eyes that "sweat"...(a little :) )

-I mentioned it in my blog...

Oh Cant what a wee man.l want him to come to my house and clean a bit.l haven't had a cuppa made for me in years.He's a credit to you.l hope you are feeling better soon.

I would be up for a barbecue anytime.

Stut X

[03...]

Thanks Staz l hope it goes well for you.

Stut X

Well it went as expected Stut.

Una thinks I should go back to my 12mg and request to go to at least my pre c/t 15mg V to get stable. I've a meeting with my psychiatrist, psychologist and Care Coordinator on the 9th of May and Una if her diary allows will be with me for that meeting. We don't hold out much hope of getting this increased it has to be said.

Una's justification for going back to 12mg V is the simple fact I've endured a c/t other withdrawals and endured two harsh quick tapers and not given myself time to rest in between so was setting myself up for failure and a harder taper than necessary. So I think that's been your advice and that of others on BB LH group.

I'm to leave it at least 3 months at 12mg before making any downward moves in dose or until I feel capable after the 3 months.

So, I intend to try and enjoy the summer the best I can and put benzos on the backburner now probably until September.

A peice of sad news was that BAT's have lost their council funding and are in danger of having to close.

Staz

Oh Staz that is awful what a lose that will be we really more places all over the country.You definitely have the right idea.Really give yourself a break and come back fighting after the summer.

I would say you will definitely get off these drugs but you have to give yourself the best possible chance.

Stut X

[03...]

Oh Staz that is awful what a lose that will be we really more places all over the country.You definitely have the right idea.Really give yourself a break and come back fighting after the summer.

I would say you will definitely get off these drugs but you have to give yourself the best possible chance.

Stut X

Thanks Stut.

Yes I was stunned when Una told me the news. They are going to try to carry on though through public fundraising and some reserves they have.

I intend giving myself a break as mentioned. The only problem with that is I find V depressing but that could be due to the fact of constant drug chamges over the last 2 years not allowing my cns to catch up.

I'll drop in from time to time to catch up with you guys and let you know what's going on with BAT.

Staz xx

Do that Staz let us know how you are getting on.Also want to say well done for getting through to Maverick you are the only person that actually been able to help him.

Stut X

Wow I am really sad to hear about the loss of funding for BATAID, I was just on the site yesterday and saw that they are doing fundraising. I am sad about the opioid crisis and happy that it is getting some mainstream attention but I feel that Benzos are just as bad of a problem if not WORSE and are getting overlooked. I wish there were more resources for people. I can't tell you how many times I have been in a situation where a person tells me they were prescribed Xanax (or other benzo) and I have to school them on the dangers because their Pdoc did not. Grr!

Anyway just wanted to drop in and say hi, I'm on this group and I follow everyone's stories I just don't post a ton bc I have not done a lot of long holding, but I think I am ready for a long hold since my jump did not go successfully. Love to all  :smitten:

Stut X

Thanks Stut.

Yes I was stunned when Una told me the news. They are going to try to carry on though through public fundraising and some reserves they have.

I intend giving myself a break as mentioned. The only problem with that is I find V depressing but that could be due to the fact of constant drug chamges over the last 2 years not allowing my cns to catch up.

I'll drop in from time to time to catch up with you guys and let you know what's going on with BAT.

Staz xx

Staz, let us know if we can help fund.  We certainly have no one to fund over here that is interested in benzo withdrawal in U S :)

Hi Mary is there nowhere in America?l just can't believe that people are left to deal with this on their own.

Stut X

Hi Mary is there nowhere in America?l just can't believe that people are left to deal with this on their own.

Stut X

I spent hours and hours searching the internet, Ashton and Benzo Buddies was it, that I felt like I could put any trust in, how unbelievably sad :(

Awful.Trust me there isn't anything in the UK other than bataid however as Staz said goodness knows how long it will stay open.Very sad

Stut X

Stut X

I recently learned of Dr Peter Breggin, a New York psychiatrist who has been blowing the whistle on benzos, antidepressants and other psych meds for 30 plus years.

Check out his You Tube videos, there are many.  He has written books as well.

He advocates getting off these drugs but at a safe, slow method.  His patients  guide the rate of decrease, as slowly as they need to.  Just FYI.

Hi Gingermint let's hope the message gets through as this pushing on when so symptomatic is doing more harm than good.

Stut X

[79...]