Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Oh BG Dearest..!!! -Ever the wise ray of sunshine..!!

:)

"Ooooooooooooooooooh" you are the Bestest. :) Almost feels like Old Time days.🐢

Hi folks anyone here missed a dose and been slammed with withdrawal symptoms the next day?l didn't take diazepam yesterday,by accident, today not good.

Hi folks anyone here missed a dose and been slammed with withdrawal symptoms the next day?l didn't take diazepam yesterday,by accident, today not good.

hey Stut,

Not in my experience... that would be a bad day 4... if even noticed...

But it sure is possible in my opinion... Different therapeutic effects, etc.. and if already in significant WD, Perhaps...

The common "rule" is to take a missed dose if only a day or so... (V.)

Hope it passes soon..

There is that "old" thing again... Great to see how steady you are on your slow taper BG...  You sure are getting there,and I still think we will reach healed at a similar time..!!

I think i have hit a hurdle..!!

-once stable, how to get off 0.25v -1/8 of a tablet...!! -I now know it to be a large step...

There is that "old" thing again... Great to see how steady you are on your slow taper BG...  You sure are getting there,and I still think we will reach healed at a similar time..!!

I think i have hit a hurdle..!!

-once stable, how to get off 0.25v -1/8 of a tablet...!! -I now know it to be a large step...

Thanks fellow 🐢, excuse meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, should have said Feels like...I may need to eat. I am going slow and hoping that my walk off is uneventful.

Just do not try to push forward and then get into problems. Yes I think so too, about our healing time. Stay Strong. Onward and Upward.💖 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

Thanks can't l never know to be honest.How are you doing feeling any better?

Stut X

Ummm... Im more back to my normal SX being dominant...

We just doing the waves of head pressure now...

Still no worse though... A wish for a weekend window...!!

Hello,

Is anyone able to advise me please how to stop getting notifications for this thread / group please?

Much appreciated

When you first enter the Long Hold Support Group, look at the 5 tabs on the right side of the page (kind of near the top of the first post.  The tabs say REPLY, UNNOTIFY, MARK UNREAD, SEND THIS TOPIC, PRINT.

Just click on UNNOTIFY

Stut55 -  YES!  This happened to me.  In fact this has actually happened to me like three times this year, and I swear, hardly ever before this year.  I would definitely be hit with super hard withdrawal when I missed my dose completely and it would take about 4-5 days for me to feel back where I was before.  I also used this as an opportunity to make a cut in my dosage, since I would already being having withdrawal symptoms. 

Wonderwoman- I'm really glad you have gotten your liquid taper worked out.  Good luck tonight!

I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday, to renew my prescription for cannabis and they were just SO EXCITED at the doctor's office, that it was actually helping me.  I'm enrolled in some study, so I was really clear with all my forms and surveys to say that this was for benzodiazepene withdrawal.  I hope, in the future,  that this can be offered to anyone, anywhere, going through this.  It's not a cure-all, but dammit, anything that helps and doesn't hurt, is a good thing in my book. 

Thank you Greencup l think definitely my symptoms are increased today more like when I reduce my dose.Glad to hear you have found something that is helping you get off this poison.

Stut X

OH BEGOOD...YOU ARE DOWN  TO  .45 mg!  Way to go! Congrats!

THATS A NEW NUMBER ISNT IT? Weren’t you at .5 the Last time I Looked? Oy! I’m so confused!

Heath :smitten::thumbsup:

OH BEGOOD...YOU ARE DOWN  TO  .45 mg!  Way to go! Congrats!

THATS A NEW NUMBER ISNT IT? Weren’t you at .5 the Last time I Looked? Oy! I’m so confused!

Heath :smitten::thumbsup:

Yep it is correct, on May 4th, I will start my 10 day taper and then back to 30 day hold, slow and steady for this 🐢 and do not foresee messing with it anymore. Time goes faster than one thinks if they have a plan and can tweak it and stay distracted. You are doing well too, never doubt yourself and try not to be guided by others faster tapers, the key is have as few sx as possible at our walk off. The Golden Ring is so near now for both of us. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Hugs :smitten:

Hi folks any and all advise would be appreciated.l am really struggling at the moment.l feel completely lost.The withdrawal symptoms just keep coming and l cannot see a way forward.l am completely obsessed with getting off these drugs and it's ruining everything.l hate being needy and insecure.l don't feel as if l fit in anywhere if that makes any sense.l am embarrassed that I am asking for help.What am l doing wrong.l don't have days of windows l perhaps get an hour here and there.Generally l spend my days in despair.

I am trying so hard to keep going but months and months of this is really wearing me down.l am constantly trying to distract myself but it isn't working a lot of the time.

I have no support at home and l have to stay on my feet.Sorry for being such a downer.

Hey Stut..

Im sorry its all happening... Everything feeds on itself and we DO feel real bad..

But we do get through it...

First thing i guess is taper speed.. -some can, some cant... You have roughly cut four times faster than me... so obviously thats how I look at it, -doesnt matter... Do YOU feel you cut too fast..?

OR is an external event/virus putting you over the top..??

I did have nasty waves long after a cut, 6,8,10 weeks into a hold.. But I seemed to get much better after a nasty hit of SX...

Nothing new here... Trust in yourself, and know that your day is coming...

You are smart and strong..

Hi cant l honestly don't know why I am having so much trouble.l think just perhaps the stress and strain of the last 5 years have taken their toll on me mentally and physically.l have had a very ill daughter who needed 24 hour care for 3 plus years and there were times when I thought I was going to lose her.She is my only child and it has been us two since she was born.Her father died before she was born so l have been her only parent.

I find l struggle terribly with the lack of understanding also l hate asking for help as l am not used to getting any.l just feel stuck and overwhelmed.l was hoping a long hold would settle everything down and suppose l am getting frustrated as the withdrawal symptoms just keep changing and slamming me.l hope you are feeling a little better today.

Stut X

Hi cant l honestly don't know why I am having so much trouble.l think just perhaps the stress and strain of the last 5 years have taken their toll on me mentally and physically.l have had a very ill daughter who needed 24 hour care for 3 plus years and there were times when I thought I was going to lose her.She is my only child and it has been us two since she was born.Her father died before she was born so l have been her only parent.

I find l struggle terribly with the lack of understanding also l hate asking for help as l am not used to getting any.l just feel stuck and overwhelmed.l was hoping a long hold would settle everything down and suppose l am getting frustrated as the withdrawal symptoms just keep changing and slamming me.l hope you are feeling a little better today.

Stut X

Im fine Stut... Thanks...

Sure sounds like you got a lot on your plate though.. Sorry if you have had to recap for me..

Single parenting must be amoung the hardest of challanges... And sometimes its beyond that..

I have had some soul searching moments.. with C15 on my own.. So very angry and abandoned by everyone... But we are making it, and you will too...

That you have come this far says a lot... Sing out whenever you need, and we will try to hold you up...

Thank you Cant you are an inspiration you have been through so much.l read your blog yesterday and what you have had to go through is mind boggling and a single parent as well.l just hope to have half of your courage.I would also like to say you have always been a support to me in this group and I am grateful for that.May you have an amazing window this weekend.

Stut X

Stut X

Hi Stut,

Asking for help is my least favourite thing in the world...except maybe tapering.  I so get that --- and how humbling this whole thing is.  I hope that you get some peace soon from w/d sxs.  The thing about this forum is that we get it in a way that only someone else going through this can...

Single parenting through all of this is a test of fire I would think! 

Hoping that you have a better day and get some relief.  I'm pretty green about this long hold stuff but am counting on it doing it's trick.... just in its own time. 

SS

Thank you SS l am definitely learning a lot about myself through this process.l just find asking for help very alien to me as l am sure most of us do.l hope your hold helps and you have a lot of great windows during it.

Stut X

Stut X

Stut- Sorry you are struggling and getting hit with more withdrawal symptoms.  We are struggling here too.  We just keep going back and forth.  We  get  better day and think we are on our way out of this nightmare, and then we get slammed again.  Hang in there. Hopefully, things will settle down for your soon. 

Stut X

Stut- Sorry you are struggling and getting hit with more withdrawal symptoms.  We are struggling here too.  We just keep going back and forth.  We  get  better day and think we are on our way out of this nightmare, and then we get slammed again.  Hang in there. Hopefully, things will settle down for your soon.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for checking in around how you all are doing.  I've been wondering and hoping that things had calmed for your sister.  It's this strange two step dance that is so bizarre, two steps forward, two steps sideways....  Hoping that it goes forward really soon.....

SS

Thank you Laura I wish things would settle down for you all.You and your family have suffered enough.Hopefully we will all turn a corner soon.

Stut X

[bb...]