Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi all,

I’ve been wanting to switch to DLMT but can’t wrap my head around it and also notice that it doesn’t work for everyone. I’ve been using a gram scale and wonder about just continuing with that?

I’d love to know if people have success going all the way with dry cutting with minimal symptoms? I’m now down to .033 klonopin and having some good windows.

I’ll post this on a couple other groups as well.

Thanks!

Miyu, OliveKitty, WW and anyone I might have forgottten today, thanks for your support with the never-ending nausea, with it always worst on Sunday. I obviously have to come up with a different plan for Sundays, I always wake up looking forward to getting in a good long workout (which I haven't done on a Sunday since probably January), some meal prep, and I always just sit on the couch and do virtually nothing. Today I did get a long meditation in and even napped. It is freezing cold and rainy and depressing here today.

I feel like if I could just get the nausea to go away, I would be fine. I am out of tricks with this ... nothing works reliably. I even tried no gluten/no dairy (and I don't eat meat anymore although need to try again to see if it was actually bothering me or not), and that didn't help. I am still holding out hopes for the expansion of medical marijuana in NJ, but have no idea if that would actually help or not or if I would get relief without getting high. Or when/if it will be available. The constant nausea is definitely fueling the depression.

Hopefully next Sunday will be better. I have a rather stressful week ahead. My husband usually brings my son to/from school and he is away, which means I am driving all over the place and this is much more difficult with the new job being further away. Not sure I am going to get to work on time or not. We'll see.

To all my long hold buddies, may we all get at least a few good days this week. We deserve them.

Hi WW ... Really happy you are starting to feel better .!  :smitten:

A couple of things , NJ , sorry you are having troubles .

I came across this from Dr Axe , he's a good natural doctor and always has lots of tips

https://draxe.com/how-to-stop-diarrhea/

Adjusta

Is it you who's juicing kale ? My doc told me to avoid kale and cruciferous veges as they speed up liver enzymatics, so might not be the best thing during WD . Too bad as they are normally so good for the liver . I'd try backing off on it and see if it makes a difference. And especially if you are genetically a fats metabolizer ( I am a rapid metabolizer if Valium genetically , it's the CYP 2C19 enzyme that's the one . You can get tested at 23andme online)

Hope this helps ,

Love, MiYu

Miyu,

Did you take the DNA + Health one (23andme) to figure this out?

KK

Hi all this group has been full of a lot of suffering.l have nothing to add just to say my thoughts are with each and every one of you.

Miyu if the pain is on your right side it could be your bowel rather than your stomach.lf you can get it checked out.

I am with WW l am interested in the DLMT as well but l don't understand it.Maybe it's my benzo brain l don't know.lf anyone can take the time to spell it out for me l would really appreciate it.Thank you.

Stut X

Hi Guys... one and all...

Good to see Dove drop in..!!

And Great to see MiYu and Super Freeme..!!

My best to Valley, -hope you are surviving... 

Some great thoughts here... Good for me to read them twice too...

ValleyUm is the one that was good with math... But the guys over at micro board should step up...

10v in 20ml of vodka plus 80ml of water is 10v in 100ml...

1v is 10ml..

A dose of 2.3v would be 23ml of the liquid mix..

With the right drawing syringes, one can do real fine cuts...

The rest is percentages and time... I worked it out from old posts...

I am having another rough start to the day. Did not sleep at all last night. It's now a little before 6 in the morning and I am nauseous, so nauseous, from lack of sleep. I have a full day with work and being in charge of my teenager today as my husband is away. I am so sick I am afraid I may get sick in the car. Although I have never done that.

The last few weeks have shaken me to my core. I am not sure how to put one foot in front of the other any more. I have been rather unstable since the beginning of February, when my GI issues started to flare, and it got worse when I decided to switch jobs. This is week three and it is still really up and down.

I am just tired of having to push through this so often.

Hi NJ you really need to think about perhaps upping dose a bit and seeing if perhaps it helps.l know you probably don't want to do that but anything is worth a try.You are going through so much and for one think it would be worth trying something different.

Cant thanks for your help.l will do a bit of browsing.

Stut X

I am having another rough start to the day. Did not sleep at all last night. It's now a little before 6 in the morning and I am nauseous, so nauseous, from lack of sleep. I have a full day with work and being in charge of my teenager today as my husband is away. I am so sick I am afraid I may get sick in the car. Although I have never done that.

The last few weeks have shaken me to my core. I am not sure how to put one foot in front of the other any more. I have been rather unstable since the beginning of February, when my GI issues started to flare, and it got worse when I decided to switch jobs. This is week three and it is still really up and down.

I am just tired of having to push through this so often.

NJ- what is the Valium equiv?? 1-20?

[4a...]

Miyu, OliveKitty, WW and anyone I might have forgottten today, thanks for your support with the never-ending nausea, with it always worst on Sunday. I obviously have to come up with a different plan for Sundays, I always wake up looking forward to getting in a good long workout (which I haven't done on a Sunday since probably January), some meal prep, and I always just sit on the couch and do virtually nothing. Today I did get a long meditation in and even napped. It is freezing cold and rainy and depressing here today.

I feel like if I could just get the nausea to go away, I would be fine. I am out of tricks with this ... nothing works reliably. I even tried no gluten/no dairy (and I don't eat meat anymore although need to try again to see if it was actually bothering me or not), and that didn't help. I am still holding out hopes for the expansion of medical marijuana in NJ, but have no idea if that would actually help or not or if I would get relief without getting high. Or when/if it will be available. The constant nausea is definitely fueling the depression.

Hopefully next Sunday will be better. I have a rather stressful week ahead. My husband usually brings my son to/from school and he is away, which means I am driving all over the place and this is much more difficult with the new job being further away. Not sure I am going to get to work on time or not. We'll see.

To all my long hold buddies, may we all get at least a few good days this week. We deserve them.

NJ,

Just wanted to say I understand how difficult parenting is while going through this and wish you had better symptom relief.

Have to tried zofran for nausea?

Stut, I think I will updose tonight back to .5 mg. Which means I lost a whole year but I cannot do this anymore. I almost got sick to my stomach on the way to work. I don't think this is the right time of my life to taper. If I sit at .5 for a while, which is what I did last year, maybe I can get some symptom relief.

Can't, yes, klonopin equivalency is 1:20. I think if I knew that I never would have that 1 mg of klonopin was a small dose.

SS: I use zofran. It doesn't work too well and tends to cause for me very bad constipation.

Well, I am at work now and hopefully can just push through another day.

Thanks again for your support.

NJ do what you have to do and stay on the dose for as long as you need.There is absolutely no point in torturing yourself.You have too much stress at the moment so let it go for now.l hope work goes ok for you.

Stut X

NJStrength-  I'm so sorry you are having a rough time today.  Good for you for pushing through and getting to work.  I hope this is just a one-off day.  I know you have been having problems with nausea a lot lately, but has the sleep been an issue as well?  I know that I get nauseous when I get tired.  It's very weird the ways our bodies react when we are tired.  I truly hope your day gets better.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Did not sleep at all last night. My sleep has been up and down--some good some bad. Took more zofran so I can at least sip some soda to settle my stomach. This is truly wearing me down.

Stut, I think I will updose tonight back to .5 mg. Which means I lost a whole year but I cannot do this anymore. I almost got sick to my stomach on the way to work. I don't think this is the right time of my life to taper. If I sit at .5 for a while, which is what I did last year, maybe I can get some symptom relief.

Can't, yes, klonopin equivalency is 1:20. I think if I knew that I never would have that 1 mg of klonopin was a small dose.

SS: I use zofran. It doesn't work too well and tends to cause for me very bad constipation.

NJ,

I think we do what we have to do to live as life that is as fulfilling as possible.  If updosing will allow that then that would be great.

I hope that you know that we'll all be at your back as you get through this day at work!  My priorities changed a lot when I decided to put my quality of life ahed of my tapering speed..... it sure feels good  right now.

Starting a new job is super duper stressful, so holding, updosing or whatever you need to do is what needs to be done!

SS

NJ,

I think we do what we have to do to live as life that is as fulfilling as possible.  If updosing will allow that then that would be great.

I hope that you know that we'll all be at your back as you get through this day at work!  My priorities changed a lot when I decided to put my quality of life ahed of my tapering speed..... it sure feels good  right now.

Starting a new job is super duper stressful, so holding, updosing or whatever you need to do is what needs to be done!

SS

And I am afraid the updosing won't help or how far up I need to go to get relief. I don't know what to do. So very sick today--third week at the new job and to feel this bad, I am really overwhelmed. Barely functional. Almost in tears.

NJstrength,

I really feel for you concerning thinking about up-dosing.

If it is lack of sleep causing you to the need to updose, I would rather be on a sleeping pill to hold my dose.  Have you tried Trazodone or Lunesta?  Ambien is clearly a benzo so stay away from it for sure but these others are not as harmful I don't think.  Nothing is good but I certainly wouldn't want to increase a benzo like Klonopin.

If you want to try non-prescripton sleep help, I do have luck with the following steps each night:

Step 1 - 2 hours before bed - 250 mg of Tryptophan - get here https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041U6O1E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Step 2 - At bed, take 1/2 capsule of Chamomile Extract - get it here https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003M63696/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3OS8EW3IFML0Q

Step 3 - Also at bed take 1/2 aspirin.

Step 4 - I then listen to Guided Meditations while I wait for the Chamomile drowsy effect to kick in.  Use eye covers to block light and set the YouTube device (TV) to turn off in 45 minutes or so (I fall asleep while the Guided Meditation is playing).

Here are some good ones on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4r6r2lGKgU&t=903s

Thanks Bob. I actually take remeron, which helps with sleep and night time nausea. Unfortunately, it did not help with either last night. Supplements are hit and miss with me; many bother my tummy. Hoping for some sleep and a better day tomorrow.

This is the first day I have had the courage and functional ability to login to BB in over 2 months. Hope you are all managing and doing well. I (and those around me) have been to hell - never in my life have I experienced such horror. Thankfully, have made it this far without rescue or reinstatement, so I am still hopeful that I can beat this. Things are better today than they were a week or two ago, but the trap door I fell through had me land in a very deep hole. I am trying to claw back but it is very slow.

I am going to consider this post a positive accomplishment for today. I often thought I would never be able.

I think I have lots I could post on the protracted board. Maybe if I feel well enough someday I will. In the meantime, my best wishes to all of you.

Congratulations on reaching zero benzo - remember you did that-it is a major accomplishment

Hang in there - Windows are coming.

NJ what dose were you last stable on.You are doing the right thing.l firmly believe you are being too hard on yourself.Please try to have a relaxed night.

Stut X

CONGRATULATIONS TooManyBennies!!!! What a huge accomplishment!!! I'm sorry it has been so hard, glad you made it back  :smitten:

TMB!

I've been wondering how you're doing, and am so glad you checked in with us all.

Sorry to hear that it's been that rough...

Sounds like you've got this for now!

Big accomplishment!

SS

NJ what dose were you last stable on.You are doing the right thing.l firmly believe you are being too hard on yourself.Please try to have a relaxed night.

Stut X

I cannot even remember when I was last stable. Maybe .40 of K? All my pills are cut for almost two more weeks so not sure if I will updose or not. This is torturing me. I cannot though be as sick as I was today. Not a good day at work at all. And yes, I am too hard on myself. Thanks for everyone's support. Going to try to go to bed early. My tummy should be better I think. I have not eaten much today (a bagel and some rice), so it should have some time to rest. This nausea--it is just too much. It has been near constant for two months now with much more frequent vomiting/diarrhea than normal for me. And it started even before I was changing jobs. So not really sure of the trigger.

ok.. so i think u cut the rough equiv of 2.5v in 5months.. or 0.5v per month..

And I assume you werent stable at the start..? (Of the recent cuts)

Its hard to work out how much to updose.. I look at past patterns... -try to "catch" the point of healing, where its tollerable to hold for a while...

But every situation will need its own method of guessing...

i have updosed where i felt too good, so simply reduced further, no prob... V seems to be easy like that...

Hope things get better...

:)

[6a...]