Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi everyone. So I decided not to updose. I thought I’d give it more time on the hold but no improvements yet. It’s still touch and go. I was able to get out of the house yesterday and go to the doctors and dentist. I got up early today to give blood for a battery of tests my doc is running. Then I came home and totally crashed into bad waves coming one after another with small windows in between to catch my breath. It’s about 2 months now that I’ve been at this dose save for 2 days where I went down .004 then back up again.

I guess I’ll keeo holding I don’t know what else to do.

Do people here believe that we are healing during these really symptomatic phases? Do we have evidence to support this?

Thinking of everyone. Green cup, MiYu, SS, Cant, KK, Laura, Valley, free and anyone else I missed.

Lots of big healing windows to you all!!

Yeah Valley.Brilliant news.Don't leave us haha.You are an inspiration.

WW l don't know of any research to prove we are healing during our taper.l do know l am healing as l am dreaming again having not dreamt for years.l also am able to cry again which l haven't been able to do.l am able to laugh which l haven't done for a long time.Now that to me is healing.l hope you stabilise soon.l have been holding for 3 months and am not stable but I believe it will happen.You will too.Hang in there.

Congratulations, Valley Um!

I have been following your posts on this thread.  I'm going to follow your example and hold for six months as you did.  I am apprehensive of the last 1.5 mg. of Valium.  Many years ago, on two occasions, I went off Valium (one cold turkey, one six-month reduction by a psychiatrist who didn't know any better); both times psychiatrists put me back on Valium.  Each time I was off I had psychotic symptoms like my early adult breakdowns. 

I have been fortunate to live a normal life, had a career, married, no children though.  For years I have used no-doz to alleviate the drowsiness of Valium, and so I haven't been getting too much benefit from it and probably haven't even needed it.

Now I just don't want nightmares to return, because they are a harbinger, sometimes, of an impending nervous breakdown.  And I have to avoid breakdowns at all costs.

I am using bits of 2 mg. tablets for my daily liquid taper, and so this will get dicey toward the end.  So if I hold a long time--and heal--I can handle the reduction in a much safer fashion.

Thank you especially for compiling all the really good posts in one place just a few days ago.  I was trying to read the whole thread, and of course that would take a very long time.

Benzo buddies is invaluable to many people, and I am one who benefits greatly.

Congratulations Valley Um!!! 

So exciting and I love how you did it in such a casual way -- if I'm reading right?  You forgot your dose and her you are?

Not that there weren't the years before that....

Inspiration to those of us plugging away!!!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Miyu,

So greaat to see you here, even with this new sxs that has cropped up.  We all just keep at it and we'll all get to where Valley Um is!

so greaat to see!

Wishing you the best ever...

SS

Hi all. I got really tied up at work the last few days and will have to go back and catch up. Wow it’s fast moving lol.

In any event I inadvertently jumped today. Forgot my dose and don’t feel a bit different. Didn’t think I’d ever make it this far. I’ve never written my official story so I will have to take one time and write it out. It has been a nightmare for so many years but I’m proof you can reclaim your life. The one thing I’ve learned that was true for me is that you can “right the ship” if your taper has gone off the rails and actually have a relatively smooth taper afterwards.

Onward and upward! :)—V

[glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATULATIONS VALLEY"[/glow] Wow great news that you have "Walked Off", could you please share at what dosage"? I know that you have struggled, but your quiet dignity and perseverance has given many here "Hope" of better things to come. You have been such a good leader here with your quiet and healing vibes to all, please keep us updated of how things are going. I still have a way to go, as I am truly a 🐢 till the very end. 💖 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

I'm so very happy for you, Valley! Now you can change your name to Valley-None. :clap:

Gard :)

P.S. I'd also like to know at what dosage you walked off.

I'm so very happy for you, Valley! Now you can change your name to Valley-None. :clap:

Gard :)

P.S. I'd also like to know at what dosage you walked off.

:laugh: :laugh:

Hi all. I got really tied up at work the last few days and will have to go back and catch up. Wow it’s fast moving lol.

In any event I inadvertently jumped today. Forgot my dose and don’t feel a bit different. Didn’t think I’d ever make it this far. I’ve never written my official story so I will have to take one time and write it out. It has been a nightmare for so many years but I’m proof you can reclaim your life. The one thing I’ve learned that was true for me is that you can “right the ship” if your taper has gone off the rails and actually have a relatively smooth taper afterwards.

[glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATULATIONS VALLEY"[/glow] Wow great news that you have "Walked Off", could you please share at what dosage"? I know that you have struggled, but your quiet dignity and perseverance has given many here "Hope" of better things to come. You have been such a good leader here with your quiet and healing vibes to all, please keep us updated of how things are going. I still have a way to go, as I am truly a 🐢 till the very end. 💖 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

Ditto what Begood said.  It always helps to hear that someone made it through the nightmare and reclaimed their life!

Valley Um, you walked off!  YAY,  and you said it so casually!  And you worked through this.  So so proud of you.  Please keep us posted and CONGRATULATIONS!! This made my whole entire day!

:thumbsup::smitten::angel:

Congratulations Valley!!

Great to hear. Wish you all the best. I’ll be right behind you in a month or so.

Well done Valley,

You, and this Group have played a huge role in my tapering..!!

Wish I coold write more, but sorry woke doing internal back flips...

Just know my thoughts and respect are with you...!!

Congratulations!!

:)

Miyu,

Great to hear from you...

Sorry its so hard and slow for you... I do feel that you will find that sweet spot that works for you... -and your tapering speed may well change in time..

SOB is mixed in with this benzo flu stuff, my conversations here consist of a list of key words, kinda squeezed out at times...

Its a new thing for me, i think i had a tiny touch of it ages ago too, but not like this...

Am in a huge wave today, but it all fits the benzo profile...

Im sure you will find your middle ground soon, and fight on...

My Best wishes..

Congrats, Valley!!

Cant--  is benzo flu the achy feeling and tiredness?

If so, I"m right there with you. 

Miyu,

Great to hear from you...

Sorry its so hard and slow for you... I do feel that you will find that sweet spot that works for you... -and your tapering speed may well change in time..

SOB is mixed in with this benzo flu stuff, my conversations here consist of a list of key words, kinda squeezed out at times...

Its a new thing for me, i think i had a tiny touch of it ages ago too, but not like this...

Am in a huge wave today, but it all fits the benzo profile...

Im sure you will find your middle ground soon, and fight on...

My Best wishes..

Thanks Cant..... Sorry you a re in big wave ...... Hang in there . Hope it passes soon and you feel better . It's really great to have you back here at the LHSG

MiYu 🐢🐢

Miyu,

So greaat to see you here, even with this new sxs that has cropped up.  We all just keep at it and we'll all get to where Valley Um is!

so greaat to see!

Wishing you the best ever...

SS

Thank you SS , as always for your sweet support .  :smitten: :smitten:

Time  to write a big congrats for Valley now !

Love

MiYu  :smitten:

Valley , Congratulations!!!! what an achievement!!!

You are a true inspiration. And as others have said , your steadiness and suredness that you give to everyone is so amazing and supportive. THis is such a big day , the day that our Valleyum kicked benzos  to the curb,  Yay !!!!!

love, Miyu :yippee: :yippee: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats, Valley!!

Congrats, Valley!!

Hey Barb...

I think it can range from mild to extreme...

I can get it bad when I realy mess up... All the SX of a real flu.. its the bodys systems going hypo...

Mucous, cough, sinus, fatigue, muscles, even feaver type SX, but in my case, no actual temp rise..

I have no spleen now, so I have to get tested for safety, but swabs n bloods have been clear.. -while im sure im beyond dead..!!

Funney enough, I have been extreemly ill a couple of times according to Drs, but not felt it at all..??

Its taken me time to work it all out...

And I strongly recommend NOT writing EVERYTHING off as Benzo WD...

If in doubt make a Dr properly check it out...

I guess if I were "normal" I would not get the investigations so easy, and imagine explaining Benzo WD to an average Dr...  But just be aware everyone...

Hope u feel better soon Barb, none of its nice...

Valley , Congratulations!!!! what an achievement!!!

You are a true inspiration. And as others have said , your steadiness and suredness that you give to everyone is so amazing and supportive. THis is such a big day , the day that our Valleyum kicked benzos  to the curb,  Yay !!!!!

love, Miyu :yippee: :yippee: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can we dedicate a "Long Hold Awareness Day" ...??!!

-page 1444..

Hi cant, Miyu, Barbara,WW,Heath and anyone else going through a wave at this time I hope you all have a better day.Hopefully you will get a long window soon.

[06...]