Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Dose Correcting or Updosing seems to be a very personal thing, often opinions seem based on emotion as much as fact... I simply look at in its simplicity...

Withdrawals have become too much, and it has reached a point where it needs fixing... -Unless one decides to suffer it out instead.. We cant make receptors etc, heal any faster than in a functional taper with minor symptoms... My personal guess is that the body aint doing so much healing when curled up on the bathroom floor shaking, sweating, and vomiting..!!

We all have to decide if and how by ourselves, but others thoughts and experiences are great...

To make the good decisions that lead to a relitivly uneventful taper (just "blips"), one needs to know their own taper as it relates to them, -Throw in some informed decisions, a little conservative trial and error, good record keeping, and importantly knowledge...

It didnt take me long to realise that i wasnt going to get the answers to my questions that i wanted on this site (for good reason), and that it was only by following relatable tapers or situations over time, and with much thought, that I could learn to survive this crazy ordeal...

perhaps I was lucky that I had some prior brutal tapering and CT experience... but I seriously think what helped me most was hours of pondering over peoples situations and SIGs...

There is a very handy search bar function, and we can follow or read a buddies posting history...

There is an updosing support group, -if for no other reason than to compile info and experience in one place...

Dose correction isnt risk free... most are obvious, -we are all different..!!

But I also feel that it could be a little destabilising at a cellular level... I get the theory, but the science is above me... -But that info is on this site too...

I just try to keep any non liniar dose change to a minimum...

So.. How much to updose.. obviously very different for a micro taper than a chunky cut and hold...

I aim to match a steady state dose with where my bodys healing is at... and fine tune if needed (much easier with a DMT)... But I have done just fine with my Cut n Hold too...

Hope this helps...

Cant nails the dilemma :thumbsup:

:) SS

Don't see Cant's post but see it quoted.  Have a question.. ...There is a very handy search bar function, and we can follow or read a buddies posting history...<<

Uh where?  I tried to search one person's name and nothing at all came up and they have posted a lot.  So how do you do that?

I had no idea there was an updose group!  I always feel like I use this site incorrectly or something..  hmmm.

Finally, if someone is an admin or some such, is that listed after their name?  Or is there a spot to see who these folks are?

Sorry for a bunch of pretty lame questions..  ;O

Well i had some great help Barbara, and asking is the way to go..!!

Lets see how I go..

The main search is on the top of the main page It searches the area you are in...

Members on home page has a find members function.

If u click on a members avitar or pic, there is a show posts tag..

Sorry, i was never great or even good, and now very rusty from being away for some time...

Have an explore, and a play, -u wont break it.. (I hope) infact, i think there is even a spot for it..?? And instructions somewhere, if i remember right..??

Yes Mods n Admin have it under their name...

I will try to bring the updose support group back up... but it has to get used on occasion to stay up the long list of support groups...

Hope that is a start...

:)

Hi Cant how's the benzo flu symptoms have they eased off any.

NJ glad to hear your new job is going well and your stomach is settling down.

Barbara great news about your sleep.Hopefully it will continue to improve.

Hi Cant how's the benzo flu symptoms have they eased off any.

NJ glad to hear your new job is going well and your stomach is settling down.

Barbara great news about your sleep.Hopefully it will continue to improve.

Thanks Stut..!!

Much the same today, not quite well enough to do anything.. Tried to swing a tiny chainsaw this arvo, But i went to jelly and couldnt breathe after 30 min... Just testing.. lol

Its kinda odd... -the flu that goes nowhere...!!

Hows your day going...??

Hi to everyone...

That's not good.Take a rest day and see what tomorrow brings.Have my dogs walked and am cleaning.Trying to keep busy.Having my usual up and down day.Have to say could always be worse.Hope you get your strength back soon.

Hey Barbara,

The way I would updose is different depending on the situation. One example was when I was making .5mg cuts, and I was at 2mg V, doing pretty good. I stepped down to 1.5 and did ok but not great, then I stepped down to 1mg and all hell broke loose with symptoms. so I went back up to 2mg for a couple of weeks and then I went down to 1.75-->1.5--1.25, etc. SO I went back up to a dose that made me feel good and then took it slower from there. I used dry cutting instead of DLMT so that would be a bit different I'm sure. As for a rescue dose, that would happen if I was having a particular freak out moment and was about to or currently having a panic attack. At that point I would take much more than my current dose, maybe 6mg or so and then go back to my regular dose the next day. Some people would say this is a terrible thing to do but it has worked for me to get out of a really bad situation. I'm definitely not condoning this or saying that it is the best way to go, it's just what has worked for me.

I am also interested in the updose support group, I will try to find it.

Hey Barbara,

The way I would updose is different depending on the situation. One example was when I was making .5mg cuts, and I was at 2mg V, doing pretty good. I stepped down to 1.5 and did ok but not great, then I stepped down to 1mg and all hell broke loose with symptoms. so I went back up to 2mg for a couple of weeks and then I went down to 1.75-->1.5--1.25, etc. SO I went back up to a dose that made me feel good and then took it slower from there. I used dry cutting instead of DLMT so that would be a bit different I'm sure. As for a rescue dose, that would happen if I was having a particular freak out moment and was about to or currently having a panic attack. At that point I would take much more than my current dose, maybe 6mg or so and then go back to my regular dose the next day. Some people would say this is a terrible thing to do but it has worked for me to get out of a really bad situation. I'm definitely not condoning this or saying that it is the best way to go, it's just what has worked for me.

I am also interested in the updose support group, I will try to find it.

Its Great u worked out how things work for you, as best u can.. What you described is very similar to me, and I think cuts and holds do help us see WD patterns...

I guess with micro tapering, one would have to think about things like reduction lag times, and accumilated dose levels in relation to half lives...??

If I am steady on say 1v, I assume I have about 4v in my system at any one time... Just my thoughts on how I look at things...

Thanks Olivekitty.. -now i know in not mad..!!

And im sure there are people that are too sensitive, unstable, or cant change dose levels with good quick results.. I know I tested small increases at first..

I find it a hard subject to advise on...

Must run...

Be well everyone..!!

Oh and I did find and bring the Updose Support Group back up...

I miss all of you guys.  I feel like I quit because I reinstated....don't give up on me!

We wont... -U will be ok...

KK... every here understands how hard this is an there is absolutely NO SHAME in reinstating! I have certainly done it! You will beat this, it just takes time and a lot of trial and error.

Cant... I never really thought about the 1mg being 4mg in your body bc of accumulation, interesting concept! It makes a lot of sense really, considering the half life. Ugh! This stuff is the devil's spawn!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to be totally free.  :brickwall:

KK... every here understands how hard this is an there is absolutely NO SHAME in reinstating! I have certainly done it! You will beat this, it just takes time and a lot of trial and error.

Cant... I never really thought about the 1mg being 4mg in your body bc of accumulation, interesting concept! It makes a lot of sense really, considering the half life. Ugh! This stuff is the devil's spawn!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to be totally free.  :brickwall:

I literally call it The Devil's Candy.

Oh, gad, so I had updosed almost 1 mg valium had great day, then last night down a bit to 5 mg. (Had been at 4. something before updosed to the 5. something and felt actually good).

Problem is I took mirtazapine for 6 weeks well over a year ago, and it threw me into hell.  Until that point was having slow taper off klonopin (got down to about 1/3 of a 1/2 mg pill.

THEN switched to valium very slowly... and as you can see from my dose, have made little progress, or any getting off.

I just don't stabilize.

Maybe I'd stabilize at the over 5, but who knows, maybe I'd just get used to it in few days and be at that higher dose.  So that is why lowered it last night.  But kinda feel like crap again... achy and down.  Utterly amazing how powerful these drugs are.

Also don't know what to do about ambien-- has been the only thing helped me sleep. Period.  And started not to work.  But then I guess you have to taper that?

A dr. rx'ed lyrica and notice quite a few peopl eon that or gabapentin.  Guess it is better than benzos if it can help you off.

But since not been able to stabilize the benzo think I may wind up addicted to the lot of things  ;(  wah.

Definition of an idiot....... someone by the name of Heathcliff.

...someone who knows better, but doesn’t do what is better.

Someone who knows to be a turtle in her taper but thinks she can go faster than she should.

Someone who goes too fast and thinks she can get away with it.

Yep .... that’s me.

Yes those benzos have a delayed reaction when it comes to wdsx.

I know I shouldn’t go faster than 5% of my last dose.  But hey you know me...everything was just so fine! No wdsx for weeks and weeks.

So hey , little miss idiot over here decides to go a bit faster!

Oh what’s that? Sleep going south a bit?  Didn’t listen to my body!

Oh what’s that...a little bit of trembles popping ? Oh so what.

Oh what’s that? Did I wake up in the middle of the night feeling a bit dizzy? And can’t sleep?

Ok dummy...are you ready to listen to your body now???

Oh ....ok.....up dose back to .535

Seems like a little, but when I am so low, it’s a lot.

MaybeTHIS TIME I will remember that reducing even a tiny bit, is really all I can handle and...just maybe I won’t do this again!    IDIOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can do now is hope these wdsx will hang around for a very short time and don’t get any worse.

I cAn live with them but I donot like them.

And I have to go to the CPA tomorrow to do my taxes!

Well thanks for letting me vent!

I guess even those who know what to do, do mess up too!

Heathcliff, the idiot with egg on my face! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :crazy::idiot::crazy:

Definition of an idiot....... someone by the name of Heathcliff.

...someone who knows better, but doesn’t do what is better.

Someone who knows to be a turtle in her taper but thinks she can go faster than she should.

Someone who goes too fast and thinks she can get away with it.

Yep .... that’s me.

Yes those benzos have a delayed reaction when it comes to wdsx.

I know I shouldn’t go faster than 5% of my last dose.  But hey you know me...everything was just so fine! No wdsx for weeks and weeks.

So hey , little miss idiot over here decides to go a bit faster!

Oh what’s that? Sleep going south a bit?  Didn’t listen to my body!

Oh what’s that...a little bit of trembles popping ? Oh so what.

Oh what’s that? Did I wake up in the middle of the night feeling a bit dizzy? And can’t sleep?

Ok dummy...are you ready to listen to your body now???

Oh ....ok.....up dose back to .535

Seems like a little, but when I am so low, it’s a lot.

MaybeTHIS TIME I will remember that reducing even a tiny bit, is really all I can handle and...just maybe I won’t do this again!    IDIOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can do now is hope these wdsx will hang around for a very short time and don’t get any worse.

I cAn live with them but I donot like them.

And I have to go to the CPA tomorrow to do my taxes!

Well thanks for letting me vent!

I guess even those who know what to do, do mess up too!

Heathcliff, the idiot with egg on my face! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :crazy::idiot::crazy:

Its not "You"...it is the "Beast" pushing you.  :oXo: as much as you can and when he starts getting the upper hand, repeat your Mantra..."No, NO NO this is not what I want" or something that will keep you slow and steady. Stay Strong.💖 Peace. :smitten:

HI THERE BEGOOD!

Thanks for the support!  And so fast!

Yes, it’s the benzos, but it’s ME too! I am always doing dumb things.

By the way, since you are here, I have a question for you because you really are wise.

I never updosed before. Am I updosing enough? Do you think I should updose a bit more....I know it’s only your opinion, but I value your opinion so much.

Thanks

Heath

HI THERE BEGOOD!

Thanks for the support!  And so fast!

Yes, it’s the benzos, but it’s ME too! I am always doing dumb things.

By the way, since you are here, I have a question for you because you really are wise.

I never updosed before. Am I updosing enough? Do you think I should updose a bit more....I know it’s only your opinion, but I value your opinion so much.

Thanks

Heath

If you are feeling relief then it is enough and time to let it work. :smitten:

Hi Heath sorry to hear you are suffering you are definitely one of the best at supporting the rest of us on this site.l hope everything settles down for you soon.

Hi Heath sorry to hear you are suffering you are definitely one of the best at supporting the rest of us on this site.l hope everything settles down for you soon.

Stut, I see you are doing a long hold.... VERY SMART MOVE !  I maydo that too, I’ll see how my little up dose helps and then decide.

Thanks again and hope you have a better day today than yesterday!

Heath

Hope everyone is hanging in there and doing okay.

We're going back and forth a lot. After the diarrhea incident (and extreme fear) on Tues. morning, we ended up having the calmest afternoon and evening we've had in a long time:) Then, yesterday was rough. Today started out rough, but now she's calm again (???)  Not sure what to make of all of this, but I'm hoping this is the beginning of a settling. 

Oh Heath, That was a great post!!! So relatable.. -me all over, even..!!

I kinda think rushing is a SX in a way...

Dear BG is right.. (obviously), and I do feel you will be ok on this one...

Asides, its all info from your body (SX), that may help you prevent things in the future..

Remember you know your stuff, and are doing great..!!

Cheers..

Hey OliveK, I should say that that concept was a bit simplistic, as it doesnt seem to apply to all aspects of V... Some "therapeutic effects" dont seem to work like that.. -its probably very complicated..??

I just keep the concept in mind though...

Hope You are doing ok..??

[8b...]