Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks, V!

SS, your plan to get your life back sounds outstanding!

As for me, today is a little better than yesterday was. I'm encouraged. Will continue to hold until very stable. Then maybe SS will let me come on her trips, too! :laugh:

Wishing better tomorrows to everyone.

Gard :smitten:

April in Paris Gard?  (that might be a bit ambitious  :D:laugh::crazy:)

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

April of 2025. Not ambitious at all! ;D

Good days are always good to hear about!  I'm having a better day today too.  Hoping everyone else is too!  😁

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks, V!

SS, your plan to get your life back sounds outstanding!

As for me, today is a little better than yesterday was. I'm encouraged. Will continue to hold until very stable. Then maybe SS will let me come on her trips, too! :laugh:

Wishing better tomorrows to everyone.

Gard :smitten:

April in Paris Gard?  (that might be a bit ambitious  :D:laugh::crazy:)

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

April of 2025. Not ambitious at all! ;D

Meet you at the Eiffel Tower for lunch!  :laugh: :laugh:

After so much deliberation I started Lexapro Monday. 5mg. I was SO SICK. Heart blowing through my chest, nauseous, no sleep. Cut it by 1/2 next day and then 1/4. And 10 mg is therapeutic!! I don't know if my body can handle it but I don't know if me or my family can handle this hypochondria and misery much longer. I went back up to 3mg and am going to start liquid next week. I can't believe I added another drug almost three years into this game but I can't stand being in my head lately. Never been on an AD and I know it takes some time to get used to it but 10mg when this tiny dose is making me feel so bad scares me. Anyone been here???

I used lexapro for many years. I only went off of it as I gained a log of weight on it. I only ever took 5 mg and it helped me tremendously with anxiety. It helped me immediately and had no start-up symptoms for me. I now take remeron instead, the start up for that was tough in that it is a sedating antidepressant (I needed it for sleep and for nausea), and I was so fatigued to the point of tears for probably two or three months. I don't know what to say if it is making you this sick from the start. And I know they say 5 mg is not therapeutic but for me that was more than enough. The withdrawal at least was nothing like my klonopin withdrawal. I was off in six weeks and really other than depression was fine.

Question for you guys...has anyone taken their bedtime dose early in order to go to bed earlier?  I really take my final dose of Xanax at 10 pm, but am exhausted today and wanted to go to bed a little earlier.  Would taking it an hour early affect me much???  Or should I not risk it in order to get some much needed rest?  I'm actually thinking of moving it up an hour permanently, just so I can go to bed earlier nightly.  But, I wake with a tremble and anxiety a lot, so not a good idea?

Blue pill, below is the signature I copied from Your last post.

“1 mg Klonopin for over 15 years

Tapering using Ashton manual for 4 months

.5 currently with bad nerve issues in hands and feet

.25 cut February terrible pain in hands and fingers. No sleep

c/o to 10 mg Valium March 2016 s/x all went away in hours

tapering slowly

5 mg valium s/x primarily hand and foot pain and vision issues

Currently at 2.75 valium. Hand (no foot) pain is back after a long lapse. May updose to 3 and start LT”

I hope you do’tt mind that I copied it and posted it. But it is easier to make reference to what I am going to say....

First, I hope you are doing better!

I see you crossed over from klonopin to 10 mg Valium in March 2016. ( I don’t know what the equivalence is from klonopin to Valium so I would hope you checked on that.) from what I understand, when a person c/o from one drug to another, they are supposed to hold for a while. Did you hold for a while?

Your next post says you were at 5 mg Valium. You said you had wdsx but they went away.But there is no date.

Then it says you were at 2.75 mg Valium. You had a return of wdsx.  But there is no date.

It looks to me like you went from 10 mg Valium to 2.75 mg Valium in two years. I’m not sure if that is too fast or not. But the fact that you had wdsx that went away and came back, could mean that you were just going too fast forYOU.

Did you ever hold for a long enough time when your original wdsx  that went away, had returned?  (Not  weeks, but a couple of months?) (and wait till you are really stable before starting to taper again?)

Sometimes we want off a drug so fast that we push ahead much too fast. The danger signs are there but we don’t see them.

I am NOT A DOCTOR. IM SURE YOU ARE GOING TO A WISE DOCTOR. SO REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION.

THE MORE I LISTEN TO MY BUDDIES ON THIS SUPPORT GROUP, THE MORE I BELIEVE THAT ADDING DRUGS TO THE MIX THAT HAD NEVER BEEN NEEDED BEFORE ONE’s taper, are just going to mess things up. When you get a new wdsx here or there,(and you will), you won’t know which drug is causing it.

IMO the best thing to do is a nice long hold, not add drugs.

I don’t know much about antidepressants but they can mess you up like any other drug. So many people are given antidepressants like they  are a cure for everything. That’s whats wrong with our over prescribed patients now a days. Too many unnecessary drugs.

Even Ashton says that many drugs that are prescribed during withdrawal, are not necessary.

Now you may need lexapro for other reasons.thats between you and your doctor.

But anxiety and fearsome thoughts and panic attacks are all WITHDRAWAL SIDE EFFECTS. A REALLY NICE LONG HOLD MAY BE ALL YOU NEED to get rid of those wdsx. NOT ANOTHER DRUG.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME if I am speaking out of turn.

I’m sure you know what’s best for you.

But in my opinion , and from 2years of LEARNING THE HARD WAY, I AM TOTALLY CONVINCED THAT EVEN THE WORST WDSX CAN BE FIXED BY A NICE LONG HOLD. IF YOOU HAVE GONE TOO FAST FOR A VERY VERY LONG TIME, A REALLY REALLY LONG HOLD WILL STILL PUT YOU BACK INTO A STABLE PLACE. YOUR BRAIN AND CNS WILL THANK YOU FOR IT.

Ok, I have talked too much. I’m a blabber alright.

Think things out for yourself. You know your own body. But please remember, everyone messes up. It’s the nature of benzo withdrawal. But there is no mess that can not be fixed!

You will get through this! You can do this!

It sounds like just a bunch of hooey, but have you tried to get up  out of bed, read, watch tv or a movie, call a friend, do a craft, clean a draw, anything to distract , and help your thoughts clear, when you are havingintrusive thoughts, anxiety, etc.?

BEGOOD taught me to do that. I thought, it would not work, but IT DOES! The worst thing you can do is lie around and give those thoughts access to your very being! Chase them away with distraction!

I really wish All the best to you.

And sorry it took so long to respond. I’m getting over Flu. But I’m ok.

Heathcliff :smitten: :smitten: ;):mybuddy::hug:

Thank you V for the propaganda I needed that!! I do not understand why I’m not stable after 5 weeks. I’ve had awful bronchitis and laryngitis after the flu which was my second in a month. And I’m just getting slammed with waves. I’ve never gone this long without a window or stabilizing on a long hold. Been crying a lot. Just tired.

Good days are always good to hear about!  I'm having a better day today too.  Hoping everyone else is too! 

GARDNER,

GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE! Sorry you are having a rough patch. But knowing you, I know you know what to do!  I hope you get through this mess up real fast and can get back to your studies. Smart move, minimizing your study load.

Take care, and tell me when you and SS are going to Paris. I’ve never been there and inwNt to go too!

Heath...all the best to you! :smitten:

Thank you V for the propaganda I needed that!! I do not understand why I’m not stable after 5 weeks. I’ve had awful bronchitis and laryngitis after the flu which was my second in a month. And I’m just getting slammed with waves. I’ve never gone this long without a window or stabilizing on a long hold. Been crying a lot. Just tired.

Hang in there WW.  The great thing about this board is we all feel for you.  I cried last night, and actually feel a little better today.  I'm on week 4....it's been a rough month.

Wonder Woman,

I am feeling so badly for you!

But take heart, you will be ok.

I am just getting over a very bad case of the Flu, bronchitis, and a UTI all at once! Ugh!

Yes it is real hard! So sick! And after three and a half weeks I am just beginning to begin to see a let up in my cough.

So even when you think you are dying, you won’t! You will be ok.

Take care and drink lots of tea!

Hope those wdsx let up soon too.

Heath.  :smitten:

By the way. I held when I was sick, didn’t taper at all. That may help. :thumbsup:

Sorry! Doing this from phone in car outside so ‘s piano obviously not a great idea!!! Just a huge thank to all of you. A few sentences really make a big difference don’t they?

Heath;

Thank you for that long and thoughtful response. You really are just solace and wisdom on this board. I may have to take something but you may be right. I’m trying to figure that out now with therapist. So confused. I have been tapering from the 10 mg of valium down to what is now 3 mg of valium for about two years. After the cross over from .25 Klonopin to 10 mg valium, s/x went away within the hour. It was CRAZY. Then ok on taper until I just under 3 and all the hand/foot pain started again. And insomnia. So, I don’t think I’m going to fast but who knows? I upped us back to three a few weeks ago and at least I am sleeping again so that is something. Pain persists and I’m freezing now. I think the biggest issue is just to health anxiety which I have always had and I don’t know if I will ever be without it. But I’m not sure drugs are the answer either. I guess it’s just a process and much as I want to be off drugs and off of everything and especially this poison I have a job and my family and that’s just so challenging right now as you all know.

Thank you so much for everything and to everybody else who’s words mean so much. I feel a lot of gratitude for you all.

Good days are always good to hear about!  I'm having a better day today too.  Hoping everyone else is too!  😁

GARDNER,

GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE! Sorry you are having a rough patch. But knowing you, I know you know what to do!  I hope you get through this mess up real fast and can get back to your studies. Smart move, minimizing your study load.

Take care, and tell me when you and SSWT are going to Paris. I’ve never been there and inwNt to go too!

We will!  April in Paris I think 2025 was the date we could commit to!

See you at the Eiffel Tower

:smitten:

SS

Question for you guys...has anyone taken their bedtime dose early in order to go to bed earlier?  I really take my final dose of Xanax at 10 pm, but am exhausted today and wanted to go to bed a little earlier.  Would taking it an hour early affect me much???  Or should I not risk it in order to get some much needed rest?  I'm actually thinking of moving it up an hour permanently, just so I can go to bed earlier nightly.  But, I wake with a tremble and anxiety a lot, so not a good idea?

KK,

I wish I knew what to tell you definitively.  I have moved Xanax doses around with little effect, but moving a Valium dose is a  :nono:

But if you're thinking of moving the dose up permanently perhaps it can work.  I see you are dosing 3X a day... An idea might to be 4X a day as you seem to be getting slammed with sxs.  I still dose 5x a day -- as I think I'm an ultrafast metabolizer of valium -- but the schedule works and I am not slammed with sxs unless I taper too quickly....  Hope I can change this pattern at sometime during my long hold...

Hope others chime in!

SS

KK,

I wish I knew what to tell you definitively.  I have moved Xanax doses around with little effect, but moving a Valium dose is a  :nono:

But if you're thinking of moving the dose up permanently perhaps it can work.  I see you are dosing 3X a day... An idea might to be 4X a day as you seem to be getting slammed with sxs.  I still dose 5x a day -- as I think I'm an ultrafast metabolizer of valium -- but the schedule works and I am not slammed with sxs unless I taper too quickly....  Hope I can change this pattern at sometime during my long hold...

Hope others chime in!

SS

Hi SS,

I take Xanax, not Valium.  So you think I should be okay?

KK

GARDNER,

Take care, and tell me when you and SSWT are going to Paris. I’ve never been there and inwNt to go too!

Cool Heath! So now we have 3 women going to Paris in April of 2025! I'm pretty sure, well 90% sure, well maybe 50% sure I'll be done tapering by then. I will start buying my lottery tickets now to give me plenty of time win big to pay for the trip! Any other ladies care to join us?  ;D

GARDNER,

Cool Heath! So now we have 3 women going to Paris in April of 2025! I'm pretty sure, well 90% sure, well maybe 50% sure I'll be done tapering by then. I will start buying my lottery tickets now to give me plenty of time win big to pay for the trip! Any other ladies care to join us?  ;D

Count me in!! 

Count me in!!

KK,

Hope others chime in!

SS

Hi SS,

KK

I guess it's hard to say for someone else, I can only say that for me dosing more often is helpful....

Wish I knew, wish I had that magic wand for all of us to know what to do..

I learned a lot in the beginning by trial and error with what I could take in dosing and timing..... So you could try and see how it goes.

Maybe someone else will chime in..

Glad you're coming to Paris! ;)

SS

KK,

Hope others chime in!

SS

Hi SS,

KK

I guess it's hard to say for someone else, I can only say that for me dosing more often is helpful....

I learned a lot in the beginning by trial and error with what I could take in dosing and timing..... So you could try and see how it goes.

SS

I was actually so busy tonight, cleaning the house in anticipation of my grandbaby being here all day tomorrow, I forgot to take it early.  I'll try to remember tomorrow night and see how it goes.  I imagine I won't feel anything for a couple days. 

I just hate to cause any disturbance, as I've had a good day today.  Feel FANTASTIC tonight!    :thumbsup:

KK,

Hope others chime in!

SS

I tried 2x day v for a while, and played around with a larger or smaller dose am and pm... I think at that time i was just setteling to WD and maybe some of the shorter therapeutic effects were sorting themselves out... After a while i went back to a single dose no prob... But thats Valium...

Obviously i cant say for sure, but i think an hour shift of dose went be so bad...??

:)

Think this reply is in wrong spot too...

Cheers...

Hi SS,

KK

SS

[ef...]