Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Is everyone really benefiting from long holds?  My work schedule kind of forces me into the long hold group.  I wish I could get off this poison faster, but i can only make 1 cut lermonth so that I can function at work.  Plus, it seems to take me a long time to recover from a cut. 

My psych and therapist say I'm making my anxiety worse, that it shouldn't be this bad from the tiny cuts I'm taking.  I'm so confused.  Isn't anxiety part of withdrawal??  They are both telling me no.  I feel like Im.doing something wrong g and that I'll never get off this stuff.  Or if I do, I'm never going to live anxiety free and will end up back on Xanax.  I need help!!  Getting discouraged.

I and many others benefited from a long hold. The trick is holding long enough IMO. Many give up after a few months of experIencing the up and down pattern of stabilizing. You can feel ok one day and terrible the next and this will continue until things calm down and fade away but it can take many months. What you describe is very common in withdrawal. While medical advice is helpful sometimes, you are the one who knows how you feel and only you can make the choice of how to taper. Because you are working, I would go as slow as needed, holding whenever needed for as long as needed. You will get off and heal some day so be patient and try to live your life as beat you can.  :)—V

I agree 1000% with Valley, you have to give the hold time, and then more time, you will know when you are ready to cut again, it has helped me to be functional and that is a whole lot, I struggled before, if it takes me till the 12th of Never, I am not rushing anything, your Brain will thank you for not going too fast. 🕊 Peace from the 🐢 :smitten:

Ch33kyKK - YES,  anxiety is definitely a part of withdrawal.  It amazed me how much the professionals don't understand about this. 

MiYu-  How are you doing?  I see you made a cut recently.

Nova-  Are you out of diazepam?  This new doctor of yours is just making everything worse.  :'(

Healthcliff-  How are you doing?  I hope your UTI is done and over with.  We really need a good list of which antibiotics are good/bad/okay etc... for people who have used benzos.  My problems with macrobid began BEFORE my taper, while I was still just taking benzos as prescribed.  I really think this problem is one for most people who have taken benzos, but I could be wrong. 

Hugs to my other buddies here:  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  begood, Valley Um, NJStrength, Alltiedup,  Laura4321,  SufferingSixty,  Stut 55,  Gingermint, delta1,  bluepill  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  and anyone else I've forgotten a hug for you too.  :hug:

As for me,  I am now down to .070mg of klonopin.  I got really stressed out about moving at the end of May, and so now, we have actually renewed our lease, even though, we are definitely moving somewhere because the beginning of the school year next year, we have the summer to look for a place, at our leisure.  This also means, that I will be DONE WITH MY TAPER before I move. 

I can't believe it even, but I am ALMOST DONE.  I am having quite a bit of anxiety and was kind of convinced I was suffering from trauma, only I didn't have a traumatic incident, but I think severe anxiety and trauma can appear similar.  I do think the benzo withdrawal has made my brain *think* it has suffered a trauma.  I have been easily startled for years though, so that's not even from withdrawal, I think that must be just from benzos in general. 

Hi All!

I'm joining the long hold support group.  I've been through the wringer recently when I was put on olanzapine for chronic migraines and then taken off c/t.  The withdrawal was crazy.  At one point I averaged 1 hour of sleep per night for six days, along with lethargy, anxiety, burning/tingling of arms, chest and hands, tinnitus, sweating, chills.  Something that I'd never been through before.  My GP put me on klonopin and prozac (which was switched to nortriptyline after two weeks).  After I started feeling a bit better (maybe 60%) my GP told me to stop klonpin and added Ambien, which I didn't take.  Found benzo buddies and tried to do a fast taper based on my short term use, but I think my CNS is screwed up from the olanzapine and I wasn't able to complete my taper.  I made it down to .03ish for a day, but went back to .25mg and stayed there.  I felt tons better at two days back on .25

In the meantime, another doctor visit and doctor said to stop nortriptyline due to side effects that I'm experiencing.  Right before the nortriptyline reduction, I started microtapering klonopin.  I decided to taper even though she said to reduce dose from 25 to 10 and stop.  I did 7 days at 20, then 4 days at 17.  Day 1 of 17mg I was shaking, sweating, chills, burning again, constant migraine (I've had it since I increased the nortriptyline to mg). 

Long story made longer, I've decided to reset and hold both medications for a while until my CNS and body recovers from the damage done by the original olanzapine c/t.  I'm still having some symptoms from the changes I made last week and have been on a consistent dose of .25mg K and 20mg nortriptyline for four days now.  Anxiety is less but the burning/tingling remain and my right hand is noticeably colder than the right.  I'm afraid that this burning/tingling/itchiness is with me for a while.  I'm guessing that I'll be holding for at least a couple of months before deciding which med to slowly taper first.

Some benefits that I've had to date, tinnitus is less frequent and for the past three days, my migraine is gone!  I've been fighting chronic migraines for 10 years which has put me through a ton of different meds.  When I'm done with these two, I'm' done with prescriptions!!!

I look forward to chatting with everyone :)

HEY GANG!!! MESSAGE FROM CAN'T FLY BELOW  ;D

Pass on a big hi, -and sorry to everyone, as i will be pushed for time for a while... -its 1am here...

Ps. I am one week off, starting to feel it a little, but not too bad.. Have been taking .5v about once a week for a few weeks now... Turtle pace..

How U been?? -Often think of U all...

My best.. T.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi. Greencup hugs back to you.Be proud of yourself what an achievement.Glad you have more time before you move.l hope it all goes smoothly for you.                                   

Hi Nova l hope you got your diazepam this week.

Welcome to all newbies hope you all get help from this group.

Glad to hear from you ATU , you must be going through a lot since your Dad passed, but good to know you're still out there and ok.

Nova, Hope you got your script ?Hang in there girl :smitten: No one should have to deal with what you are dealing with on top of wd. :therethere:

Laura, I hope things settle soon for your sister...... a long hold is so hard....especially when things go so up and down. Heath's response is so good and supportive, I know I find holding so difficult, it's the not knowing that is so challenging.

I always feels so reassured when I come to this thread, my fears are always eased. I do find myself wondering if I will ever get to a place where I can do a reasonable taper without all the intense symptoms . I've been mostly housebound since last July , pretty fed up with it , even though things have definitely improved since my crossover to mostly K last september , which was so horrible. mY baseline is much better, but not good enough yet to really taper in a way that I don't get hit hard, that's what I'm finding anyway, even at the slowest of rates. My nervous system is still really unstable.

You all know my story , and  got so disheartened with the valium setback . the switch back to mostly K was the right thing , but it has added in time for sure.

I appreciate your reminder Heath that the nervous system healing is not linear, thank you ! :hug:

so , more oodles of patience required....

love, Miyu :smitten: :smitten:

Miyu

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Ch33kyKK - YES,  anxiety is definitely a part of withdrawal.  It amazed me how much the professionals don't understand about this. 

MiYu-  How are you doing?  I see you made a cut recently.

Nova-  Are you out of diazepam?  This new doctor of yours is just making everything worse.  :'(

Healthcliff-  How are you doing?  I hope your UTI is done and over with.  We really need a good list of which antibiotics are good/bad/okay etc... for people who have used benzos.  My problems with macrobid began BEFORE my taper, while I was still just taking benzos as prescribed.  I really think this problem is one for most people who have taken benzos, but I could be wrong. 

Hugs to my other buddies here:  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  begood, Valley Um, NJStrength, Alltiedup,  Laura4321,  SufferingSixty,  Stut 55,  Gingermint, delta1,  bluepill  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  and anyone else I've forgotten a hug for you too.  :hug:

As for me,  I am now down to .070mg of klonopin.  I got really stressed out about moving at the end of May, and so now, we have actually renewed our lease, even though, we are definitely moving somewhere because the beginning of the school year next year, we have the summer to look for a place, at our leisure.  This also means, that I will be DONE WITH MY TAPER before I move. 

I can't believe it even, but I am ALMOST DONE.  I am having quite a bit of anxiety and was kind of convinced I was suffering from trauma, only I didn't have a traumatic incident, but I think severe anxiety and trauma can appear similar.  I do think the benzo withdrawal has made my brain *think* it has suffered a trauma.  I have been easily startled for years though, so that's not even from withdrawal, I think that must be just from benzos in general.

Wow GC!  That sounds like a really good decision.  I couldn't imagine moving through this, so buying yourself some time.  And you'll be done the taper!!

And I think in some ways that this whole taper is traumatic.  If the definition of trauma is going through something that overwhelms us...  That's not to be negative about it but simply to acknowledge that yup -- we've been through trauma and will respond as though we have.  Sure helps me think of this when I have those anxious thoughts or feelings....

:):smitten:

SS

Is everyone really benefiting from long holds?  My work schedule kind of forces me into the long hold group.  I wish I could get off this poison faster, but i can only make 1 cut lermonth so that I can function at work.  Plus, it seems to take me a long time to recover from a cut. 

My psych and therapist say I'm making my anxiety worse, that it shouldn't be this bad from the tiny cuts I'm taking.  I'm so confused.  Isn't anxiety part of withdrawal??  They are both telling me no.  I feel like Im.doing something wrong g and that I'll never get off this stuff.  Or if I do, I'm never going to live anxiety free and will end up back on Xanax.  I need help!!  Getting discouraged.

Welcome and  Hi Ch33kyKk,

OH YES! Long holds work!  They will pull you out of the deepest despair, if you hold long enough and have faith that you are going in the right direction.

I am just a wee bit lower than you are in your taper, except I am tapering off of Valium, not Xanax.

I am cutting about 5% each month. I Figure out what 5% of my last dose is at the end of the month, and then reduce little by little until I get to the end of the next month and am at that 5% less figure than the previous month.

Does that make sense to you?

That is extremely slow.

I do find that the 5% reduction of my last dose is very small and at times I just reduce by .5

However, that gets tricky because .5  gets to be much bigger than 5% the lower you go in your dose.

Also.... when you cut, are you doing cut and hold? Or are you reducing in tiny increments each day?

I am using liquid Valium with a 10:1 solution so I am able to cut the tiniest amounts(-.003 or about that) each day. It’s DLMT. A daily cut  is much gentler on the nervous system than a larger cut and hold , IMO.

Also with a DLMT I can catch any little wdsx that might begin to sneak in, and then I hold only as long as necessary. Usually a hold of about three days will put me back on track. Then I might go a bit slower, making sure I meet my goal of -5% of my last dose or -.5  at the end of the month, and NOT MORE THAN THAT!

I wonder if you are going so slow because you have to work. That is my reason. By going this slow I can work, live my life and have little or no wdsx.

It’s hard to be patient and go so slow but for me it’s definitely worth the extra time.

I really know very little about tapering Xanax. I have heard that sone people on this forum have crossed over to Valium from Xanax in order to go slower, but I would not tell you to do that.i do t know about it and I don’t want to steeer you wrongly.

******There is a buddy on this long hold support group, Lynn33 who was extremely helpful and supportive, who tapered off of Xanax very slowly and successfully.  She is not very active anymore, but I do see her pop in from time to time. I hope she might chime in here. I think she reads the posts. She saved me many times.

However, I am getting off track. I just began this post because I wanted to reassure you, that you are not going too slow. The way you are doing it, will take longer but it will be as painless as possible and youWILL BEAT THIS THING!

And yes when you get into trouble, a hold will always help. Helped me so many times. I did a 4 month hold at the beginning of my taper that pulled me out of a deep hole, the buddies here are very wise and have lots of good advice based on their own real experiences and real facts.

Good luck.  Stay here if you like. We are a very welcoming and supportive group!

I’ve been here for two years and am  getting close to the end, and I know I could not have gotten to where I am with out the help of the wonderful buddies here.

Best of luck! Peace, patience, courage.

Heath :thumbsup::therethere::hug:

Welcome and  Hi Ch33kyKk,

OH YES! Long holds work!  They will pull you out of the deepest despair, if you hold long enough and have faith that you are going in the right direction.

I am just a wee bit lower than you are in your taper, except I am tapering off of Valium, not Xanax.

I am cutting about 5% each month. I Figure out what 5% of my last dose is at the end of the month, and then reduce little by little until I get to the end of the next month and am at that 5% less figure than the previous month.

Does that make sense to you?

That is extremely slow.

I do find that the 5% reduction of my last dose is very small and at times I just reduce by .5

However, that gets tricky because .5  gets to be much bigger than 6% the lower you go in your dose.

Also.... when you cut, are you doing cut and hold? Or are you reducing in tiny increments each day?

I am using liquid Valium with a 10:1 solution so I am able to cut the tiniest amounts(-.003 or about that) each day. It’s DLMT. A daily cut  is much gentler on the nervous system than a larger cut and hold .

Also with a DLMT I can catch any little wdsx that might begin to sneak in, and then I hold only as long as necessary. Usually a hold of about three days will put me back on track. Then I might go a bit slower, making sure I meet my goal of -5% of my last dose or -.5  at the end of the month.

I wonder if you are going so slow because you have to work. That is my reason. By going this slow I can work, live my life and have little or no wdsx.

It’s hard to be patient and go so slow but for me it’s definitely worth the extra time.

I really know very little about tapering Xanax. I have heard that sone people on this forum have crossed over to Valium from Xanax I order to go slower, but I would not tell you to do that.i do t know about it and I don’t want to steeer you wrongly.

******There is a buddy, Lynn33 who used to be extremely helpful and supportive, who tapered off of Xanax very slowly and successfully.  She is not very active anymore, but I do see her pop in from time to time. I hope she might chime in here. I think she reads the posts.

However, I am getting off track. I just began this post because I wanted to reassure you, that you are not going too slow. The way you are doing it, will take longer but it will be as painless as possible and youWILL BEAT THIS THING!

Good luck.  Stay here if you like. We are a very welcoming and supportive group!

I’ve been here for two years and am  getting close to the end, and I know I could not have gotten to where I am with out the help of the wonderful buddies here.

Best of luck! Peace, patience, courage.

Heath :thumbsup::therethere::hug:

Thanks Heath.

I am cutting all at once, then holding for a month, and yes, it's because I'm working throughout all of this.  Plus, my husband and I both need the longer break so I have a good 2 week window before I cut again.. It's exhausting for both of us.  I don't want to hinder my life in order to get off this junk.  This cut was harder than the last one, and I'm still kinda all over the place after 2 1/2 weeks.  Not bad though.  I have to start working on my fear, that is my biggest problem.  Fear of the meds, fear of being off the meds, fear of being stuck like this forever, fear of not be g able to do my job...you name it, I can fear it.  We were asked to watch our grandson this Saturday, and I almost panicked.  Are you kidding me???? 

My husband is all for the long holds, and figures I'll finish when I finish.  I'm a little less patient and just want my life back.  I'll get there.

Hi all.

Green Cup,  ,thanks for asking about the UTI

Just to let you all know. The antibiotics the doc gave me for my Flu, bronchitis and UTI, when I refused Levoquin, were CEFTIN 500 mg 2x day.  And Z pack.

I am all clear now, I am feeling good. I think the Flu is all gone. I know the UTI is all gone.

The bronchitis seems to be gone. The doc says with flu and bronchitis, the cough can linger for 3 or four weeks!

But I think I am ok.

I will go back for a recheck if necessary but I think I will be fine once this coughing stops!

Thanks for all of your concern.

NOW LETS PUT THIS TO REST. YAY!

Green cup! Wow, you are soooo low! That’s so exciting!  I can understand that you are a bit anxious over this. I imagine e I will be anxious too when my time comes to walk off this benzo.... but remember, you’ve gone so slow, hopefully, a dwith all the be,if in my heart, you will have very little problems if any at all! I think you will be just fine!

But keep us posted so we can applaud you!

Heath :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup::smitten::mybuddy::yippee:

MiYu,

ok so now I understand.

I don’t know what the half life of klonopin is.  Does it stay in your system like the Valium does for a long while? So you don’t have withdrawal between doses of klonopin? Or do you have to dose every few hours with klonopin so you dont get interdose withdrawals?

Any way, I think you are wise to taper just the klonopin and not touch the Valium until the klonopin is out of your system. Tapering one drug  at a time is the wisest thing you can do IMO.

Now I can follow you and understand what you are doing. Thanks for taking the time  to explain it to me.

:smitten: heathcliff

THank you Heath , you are very sweet... I dose my K 4 x day ... it's supposed to have a 30 hr 1/2 life but I seem to metabolize everything SO fast , I discovered early on that I had inter dose wds even with 3 x day dosing. I take my Valium in two doses, once at night once in the am, i take it about 1/2 hour away from my K

SO it looks like this-

10.30am-.10K ( I've take out 3% total of this and the 4.30pm dose , with liquid titration, it's taking me forever , and I'm holding now to see if I can get more stable before trying again)

4.30pm-.10K

10.30pm-.05K /1mg V

4,30am-.05K/1 mg V

thank you for your care and support , you're a gem  :smitten:

MiYu

Pass on a big hi, -and sorry to everyone, as i will be pushed for time for a while... -its 1am here...

Ps. I am one week off, starting to feel it a little, but not too bad.. Have been taking .5v about once a week for a few weeks now... Turtle pace..

My best.. T.

OMG!!!!!!!

I am SO relieved to hear that Cant is OK , we have missed him SO much and were so worried...... I understadn taking a break m sounds like things are good though , well done Cant!

lots of love , MiYu :smitten:

Green cup , so Happy for you that you are so close! I just can't wait til my day comes when I can taper and feel ok , with holds  :)

I'm hanging in there, still have a very unstable nervous system , and up and down , I think I see some gradual improvement though its so slow it's hard to tell..... yes , I've definitely improved, just frustrated with the amount of time involved .. I have very slowly tapered 3% of my K , but it's been difficult, so I think I'm not ready yet, that was over 4 months microtapering! I sometimes just wonder if I'm suffering a whole lot of side effects from the drugs , probably both I think.

I do notice that some people go through some big cut backs and hell, but they do manage to reduce their dose considerably, and then they hold for a long time and start tapering at a lower dose. Sometimes I wonder if I shoudl bite the bullet and get my dose down , and then do a long hold , but honestly I don't know if I coudl handle it .... :-[

Anyway , thanks for asking , and if there are any secrets that I don;t know about please let me know  :)

love, MiYu :smitten:

My best.. T.

OMG!!!!!!!

I am SO relieved to hear that Cant is OK , we have missed him SO much and were so worried...... I understadn taking a break m sounds like things are good though , well done Cant!

Oh my gosh,CANT!

THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE OK. CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW WORRIED I AND THE REST OF US HAVE BEEN ABOUT YOU, thank you for letting us know you are ok. If you have to go again for a while, I hope you will let us know. :nono:  don’t disappear like that again, please!TALK ABOUT ANXIETY!

Sooooo soooo good to hear from you! Take care and keep us posted!

Heath! :smitten::mybuddy:

Ch33kyKk,

I have been looking at your signature and I just realized something.

I see on feb 4. You were at.  .6875

On Feb26  you were at .6250

That means you reduced .0625    Right?

Did you.realize that was a cut of a bit  more than 9% ?

That’s an awfully big cut!

Most people can not handle that. And it is recommended not to do such a big cut because  of side effects.

I know I can’t handle more than 5 or 6%. Andeven 6% is pushing me over the edge.

Do you think this could be giving you a hard time?

Also do you realiz3 that the lower your dose, as you go down, will mean , if you cut the same amount each time, your % will be greater, making matters even worse

I hope you are. Recalculating your cuts each month and not just cutting the same number. You have to be careful of the % of the cut.

Please be  careful..

I was making that same mistake until someone pointed this out to me.

Just trying to help.

Heath :smitten::thumbsup:

Ch33kyKk,

Most people can not handle that. And it is recommended not to do such a big cut because  of side effects.

I know I can’t handle more than 5 or 6%. Andeven 6% is pushing me over the edge.

Also do you realiz3 that the lower your dose, as you go down, will mean , if you cut the same amount each time, your % will be greater, making matters even worse

I hope you are. Recalculating your cuts each month and not just cutting the same number. You have to be careful of the % of the cut.

Please be  careful..

Just trying to help.

Yes, I'm completely aware of how much I cut, and the math involved.  I thought 5-10% per cut was advisable??  I planned on cutting .0625 each time until I hit .375, then change to .03125 per cut until I'm done.  Other members have said this is perfect.  My pdoc rold me to cut .125 first and that was brutal, so I moved up a bit.  Maybe I should try .03125 next and see if I can make more frequent cuts then.  Hmmmm

I just want to be functioning throughout.  I have to be.

Hi All!

I'm joining the long hold support group.  I've been through the wringer recently when I was put on olanzapine for chronic migraines and then taken off c/t.  The withdrawal was crazy.  At one point I averaged 1 hour of sleep per night for six days, along with lethargy, anxiety, burning/tingling of arms, chest and hands, tinnitus, sweating, chills.  Something that I'd never been through before.  My GP put me on klonopin and prozac (which was switched to nortriptyline after two weeks).  After I started feeling a bit better (maybe 60%) my GP told me to stop klonpin and added Ambien, which I didn't take.  Found benzo buddies and tried to do a fast taper based on my short term use, but I think my CNS is screwed up from the olanzapine and I wasn't able to complete my taper.  I made it down to .03ish for a day, but went back to .25mg and stayed there.  I felt tons better at two days back on .25

In the meantime, another doctor visit and doctor said to stop nortriptyline due to side effects that I'm experiencing.  Right before the nortriptyline reduction, I started microtapering klonopin.  I decided to taper even though she said to reduce dose from 25 to 10 and stop.  I did 7 days at 20, then 4 days at 17.  Day 1 of 17mg I was shaking, sweating, chills, burning again, constant migraine (I've had it since I increased the nortriptyline to mg). 

Long story made longer, I've decided to reset and hold both medications for a while until my CNS and body recovers from the damage done by the original olanzapine c/t.  I'm still having some symptoms from the changes I made last week and have been on a consistent dose of .25mg K and 20mg nortriptyline for four days now.  Anxiety is less but the burning/tingling remain and my right hand is noticeably colder than the right.  I'm afraid that this burning/tingling/itchiness is with me for a while.  I'm guessing that I'll be holding for at least a couple of months before deciding which med to slowly taper first.

Some benefits that I've had to date, tinnitus is less frequent and for the past three days, my migraine is gone!  I've been fighting chronic migraines for 10 years which has put me through a ton of different meds.  When I'm done with these two, I'm' done with prescriptions!!!

I look forward to chatting with everyone :)

Welcome aboard Heather!  It sounds like you are taking a safe approach to tapering. You have had a lot of changes in meds in a short amount of time. Giving your CNS a break is very important IMO. I’m sure you will get the support you need here.  :)—V

My best.. T.

OMG!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh,CANT!

THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE OK. CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW WORRIED I AND THE REST OF US HAVE BEEN ABOUT YOU, thank you for letting us know you are ok. If you have to go again for a while, I hope you will let us know. :nono:  don’t disappear like that again, please!TALK ABOUT ANXIETY!

Sooooo soooo good to hear from you! Take care and keep us posted!

Heath! :smitten::mybuddy:

So good to hear from can’t!  :)—V

Ch33kyKk,

Please be  careful..

Just trying to help.

Yes, I'm completely aware of how much I cut, and the math involved.  I thought 5-10% per cut was advisable??  I planned on cutting .0625 each time until I hit .375, then change to .03125 per cut until I'm done.  Other members have said this is perfect.  My pdoc rold me to cut .125 first and that was brutal, so I moved up a bit.  Maybe I should try .03125 next and see if I can make more frequent cuts then.  Hmmmm

CH:

I cut only three percent every three weeks. I am actually in what is going to end up being an almost 12 week hold due to an upcoming job change, but the three percent is what works for me.

Some people can cut 5 to 10 percent every two weeks. Many can't. You have to do what is best for you. And I totally support your desire to be functioning throughout this crazy process. That is my goal as well. Which may mean a three year taper for me, maybe more.

I know you asked earlier about if long holds help. They have for me. I did a six month hold last year when my anxiety (which I have never had before--Klonopin was prescribed for sleep) kept increasing and my son was heading off to college too far for us to visit regularly, which is quite a life change. I then restarted my taper and did really well up until recently, when the nausea and sleep issues started amping up with the upcoming job change. I guess I am just trying for maximum stress with all these big life events! I am actually feeling a bit better now that I have actually resigned; the new job starts in a few weeks. It will be interesting to see how I do with all this.

Thanks for joining the long hold group. I think everyone here is wonderfully supportive.

Heath--glad you are feeling better.

GreenCup--awesome you are getting so low, I am jealous but happy for you!!!

Miyu--hang in there, better days are ahead. I would say resist the urge to cut, but only you can decide what is best.

And hope everyone else is doing okay.

Ch33kyKk,

Please be  careful..

Just trying to help.

CH:

I cut only three percent every three weeks. I am actually in what is going to end up being an almost 12 week hold due to an upcoming job change, but the three percent is what works for me.

Some people can cut 5 to 10 percent every two weeks. Many can't. You have to do what is best for you. And I totally support your desire to be functioning throughout this crazy process. That is my goal as well. Which may mean a three year taper for me, maybe more.

I know you asked earlier about if long holds help. They have for me. I did a six month hold last year when my anxiety (which I have never had before--Klonopin was prescribed for sleep) kept increasing and my son was heading off to college too far for us to visit regularly, which is quite a life change. I then restarted my taper and did really well up until recently, when the nausea and sleep issues started amping up with the upcoming job change. I guess I am just trying for maximum stress with all these big life events! I am actually feeling a bit better now that I have actually resigned; the new job starts in a few weeks. It will be interesting to see how I do with all this.

Thanks for joining the long hold group. I think everyone here is wonderfully supportive.

Heath--glad you are feeling better.

GreenCup--awesome you are getting so low, I am jealous but happy for you!!!

Miyu--hang in there, better days are ahead. I would say resist the urge to cut, but only you can decide what is best.

And hope everyone else is doing okay.

Thanks NJ, I think I'll try that my next cut and see how I do.  It can't hurt.  My doctors will laugh at me, but I don't care.

KK

Ch,

You go Girl!

I didn’t mean to put a damper on your journey. If you are able to handle the cuts you are doing, that’s great!  I hope all goes well for you. Please excuse me if I put my two cents where it did not belong. I was just trying to help.

Heath :-\

MJ strength,

I’m so happy to hear that you are having a rest between jobs. All the best to you! I’m sure your new job will be the right decision!

And your son going away to college is another big deal but you will see, he will be fine!

When I don’t hear from my kids in a while, just a text with a few words from them always puts my mind at ease. 

So tell your son to just answer your texts with just a few words, and you will see how it will ease your mind.

It’s hard to let our kids leave the nest...but it’s a part if life.

You have him roots, now it’s time to give him wings and watch him fly!

You and he will be fine!

Heath  :smitten:

MJ strength,

I’m so happy to hear that you are having a rest between jobs. All the best to you! I’m sure your new job will be the right decision!

And your son going away to college is another big deal but you will see, he will be fine!

When I don’t hear from my kids in a while, just a text with a few words from them always puts my mind at ease. 

So tell your son to just answer your texts with just a few words, and you will see how it will ease your mind.

It’s hard to let our kids leave the nest...but it’s a part if life.

You have him roots, now it’s time to give him wings and watch him fly!

You and he will be fine!

Heath  :smitten:

Heath,

No rest between jobs! Leaving one on Friday and starting the next on Monday! Transition to the new job will be April 3.

I currently work for a school so have had a lot of snow days recently and I had a week off in February (and in December), so while it would have been nice to take a break, unfortunately it is not in the cards. I find I tend to do better when I am working than when I am home anyway.

My son actually started college in August. It's hard. We do talk once a week with texts in between but it is definitely stressful. I don't know what I am going to do when the next one leaves, but have three more years with him home. My taper certainly must be finished by then!!! I am really hoping this will all be in the rearview mirror by then. We'll see.

I am trying to stay as positive as I can; it's been hard with the nausea and other gi distress. But I have backed off exercise this week a bit, trying to rest a little, will try to get back into a routine next week.

Ch,

You go Girl!

I didn’t mean to put a damper on your journey. If you are able to handle the cuts you are doing, that’s great!  I hope all goes well for you. Please excuse me if I put my two cents where it did not belong. I was just trying to help.

I'm so sorry Heath, I did t mean to sound bitchy at all!!    That was not my intent.  I appreciate any and all help I get in this process!  I actually talked to my husband about it and he agrees, maybe I should try a smaller cut.  Gonna try it next time....I'll let you know how it goes.  I sure hope it helps alleviate some of my sxs.

Ch,

You go Girl!

I'm so sorry Heath, I did t mean to sound bitchy at all!!    That was not my intent.  I appreciate any and all help I get in this process!  I actually talked to my husband about it and he agrees, maybe I should try a smaller cut.  Gonna try it next time....I'll let you know how it goes.  I sure hope it helps alleviate some of my sxs.

I think you will be surprised that when you are not too agressive with your cuts, things will be better, it takes time, so don't get discouraged. Heath had lots of problems when she first joined, now we are so proud of her, her advice is sound and she lived the terror and now has a functional life. Best to you on your Journey to Wellness. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

[44...]