Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Baddove- that was lovely!  I often pop around other forums but find them so disorganized compared to BB.  I can't organize anything with my benzo brain.

BeGood-  Hurrah!  Slow and steady wins the race.  Am I correct to assume you will be taking the plunge soon, and actually jumping?  :thumbsup:

TooManyBennies-  How are you doing?  Did you have your carpal tunnel surgery yet?

I just held for 10 days and I'm making another little cut of .005mg to be at .080mg.  I plan on going down .005 each time.  Someone on another thread was saying once I get to .025mg there's no benefit from tapering according to the Ashton manual, but I'm not so sure of that.  At this point though,  I honestly don't feel all that much different than I did ten days ago, but I'm still not going to rush it. 

Baddove- that was lovely!  I often pop around other forums but find them so disorganized compared to BB.  I can't organize anything with my benzo brain.

BeGood-  Hurrah!  Slow and steady wins the race.  Am I correct to assume you will be taking the plunge soon, and actually jumping?  :thumbsup:

TooManyBennies-  How are you doing?  Did you have your carpal tunnel surgery yet?

I just held for 10 days and I'm making another little cut of .005mg to be at .080mg.  I plan on going down .005 each time.  Someone on another thread was saying once I get to .025mg there's no benefit from tapering according to the Ashton manual, but I'm not so sure of that.  At this point though,  I honestly don't feel all that much different than I did ten days ago, but I'm still not going to rush it.

Green Cup

You are very wise to not push it. I believe it was Lynne 33  a long hold group buddy that cut it down much lower before she jumped. And she just walked right off of  ( I believe it was Xanax) in her own time with just about no side effects. You ardoing great! Keep on turtling along! YOU WILL GET THERE!

Heath :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Letting my Friends here know that today I am now at,[glow=red,2,300] :thumbsup:"0.5mg of Valium" :thumbsup:[/glow] going slow as a  has benefited me this time. And "Accepting the Process of Healing". Stay Strong.  Peace. :smitten:

"Most Powerful Warriors Are Patience And Time"

BEGOOD...WAYTO GO! CONGRATS ON BEING AT .5    WOO  HOO !  :clap::yippee::balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :yippee::clap:

Heathcliff

Thanks Gingermint, Freeme, Green Cup, and Heath for responding to my wonderful news.

Green Cup, I will be going down to fumes before I walk off, there will be no jumping for me, just a nice gentle [glow=red,2,300]"Walk Off."[/glow] 🕊 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

Letting my Friends here know that today I am now at,[glow=red,2,300] :thumbsup:"0.5mg of Valium" :thumbsup:[/glow] going slow as a 🐢 has benefited me this time. And "Accepting the Process of Healing". Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Yay!!!!!! Yes Sista'!!!  :hug: That's great news  :yippee: and its fantastic to see your doing so well  :thumbsup: Your proof that if it don't work the first few times keep trying you'll get there in the end :highfive: I'm truly proud of you and all you've achieved while reaching out and helping others along your journey even when times where very hard for you :sick: Its so well deserved to see although you've had 'blips'' your doing okay and nearly at the finishing line. All hail to you fellow Warrior :oXo::thumbsup::mybuddy::smitten:

Letting my Friends here know that today I am now at,[glow=red,2,300] :thumbsup:"0.5mg of Valium" :thumbsup:[/glow] going slow as a 🐢 has benefited me this time. And "Accepting the Process of Healing". Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Yay!!!!!! Yes Sista'!!!  :hug: That's great news  :yippee: and its fantastic to see your doing so well  :thumbsup: Your proof that if it don't work the first few times keep trying you'll get there in the end :highfive: I'm truly proud of you and all you've achieved while reaching out and helping others along your journey even when times where very hard for you :sick: Its so well deserved to see although you've had 'blips'' your doing okay and nearly at the finishing line. All hail to you fellow Warrior :oXo::thumbsup::mybuddy::smitten:

Thanks,"Sista,"I feel so honored to have met you a long time ago, and that we are still in this together, your support to me and others has been the best. I am just so glad I decided to try one more time. In fact this quote is always below my p log entries. see below. I know Nova that you will have your day also, you have had to be so strong when hit with so much, but yet you keep up the fight...you go girl. 🕊 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

"When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."~AU.

Hi All.

I've been on a steady 12mg of V for nealy 2 years after a being c/t'd off of 15mg that I had been on for 6 weeks. I reinstated after 4 weeks and apart from a month haven't stabilised and have suffered bad depression all the way. I have tapered off of other meds along the way but not once felt stable since. Does everyone stabilise or do some still get symptoms regardless of the length of hold?

Cheers

Staz

I have taken a bit of a break from BB as I have been so very symptomatic with nausea/diarrhea. I wish I could believe it was a virus but I think it is more likely that this is from my last cut about two and a half weeks ago. I cut 5 percent every three weeks and this cut was brutal. I can normally push through but this has been a lot. No appetite at all and sleep has been mostly elusive.

I know that many of you have supported me and cheered me on through my job search process. I did get an offer this week that I accepted. It is not as much of a salary jump as I was hoping for (and in the short term with loss of benefits, will actually have a little less in the monthly budget), but it seems like a very supportive, friendly work environment which I do not have now nor will I ever have where I am. Fewer commitments on nights/weekends as well. I received several other offers but all would have required a lot of time nights/weekends and a lot of responsibility. The commute is longer but do-able.

I am trying not to be terrified now that I actually have the new job. I am very concerned about starting on a new venture in the shape that I am in but my current job keeps getting more and more stressful and the new job has great benefits in terms of sick days, which I need. Other offers had NO sick time or three days and this one is 10+ days a year. I have that now and have NEVER utilized more than 5 annually, it is good to know the time is there if I need it.

So thank all of you for your support and encouragement. It has meant a lot to me during this difficult process. Going to put the taper on a long hold for now as I get acclimated and hopefully less symptomatic soon. My hope was to get to .25 K by summer but that is not going to happen unfortunately. I sometimes wonder if I will ever make it to the end; I am really not sure.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Congrats on the new job NJ!  I remember how hard you looked and the work that you did to land a good position.

I'm not on much either atm, but wanted to say  :thumbsup:

SS

Congrats, NJ! I understand. I cannot even commit to getting a dog! Every time we get close I panic--thinking I won't be well enough to train/walk. etc.....My family thinks I'm nuts. But probably we will feel better for facing the challenges (however big and small) than caving to the fear that we can't do it.

Way to go BG!  :clap::thumbsup::)

I have taken a bit of a break from BB as I have been so very symptomatic with nausea/diarrhea. I wish I could believe it was a virus but I think it is more likely that this is from my last cut about two and a half weeks ago. I cut 5 percent every three weeks and this cut was brutal. I can normally push through but this has been a lot. No appetite at all and sleep has been mostly elusive.

I know that many of you have supported me and cheered me on through my job search process. I did get an offer this week that I accepted. It is not as much of a salary jump as I was hoping for (and in the short term with loss of benefits, will actually have a little less in the monthly budget), but it seems like a very supportive, friendly work environment which I do not have now nor will I ever have where I am. Fewer commitments on nights/weekends as well. I received several other offers but all would have required a lot of time nights/weekends and a lot of responsibility. The commute is longer but do-able.

I am trying not to be terrified now that I actually have the new job. I am very concerned about starting on a new venture in the shape that I am in but my current job keeps getting more and more stressful and the new job has great benefits in terms of sick days, which I need. Other offers had NO sick time or three days and this one is 10+ days a year. I have that now and have NEVER utilized more than 5 annually, it is good to know the time is there if I need it.

So thank all of you for your support and encouragement. It has meant a lot to me during this difficult process. Going to put the taper on a long hold for now as I get acclimated and hopefully less symptomatic soon. My hope was to get to .25 K by summer but that is not going to happen unfortunately. I sometimes wonder if I will ever make it to the end; I am really not sure.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Hope all goes well with the new job! We’re rooting for you!  :)—V

Hi All.

I've been on a steady 12mg of V for nealy 2 years after a being c/t'd off of 15mg that I had been on for 6 weeks. I reinstated after 4 weeks and apart from a month haven't stabilised and have suffered bad depression all the way. I have tapered off of other meds along the way but not once felt stable since. Does everyone stabilise or do some still get symptoms regardless of the length of hold?

Cheers

Staz

Hi Staz.  Just looking at your signature if you just got off Q January 18, I would guess that you are still feeling withdrawal from that. Generally the rule of thumb according to surviving antidepressants is to wait 6 months after tapering each med.  If I’m wrong on the signature let me know.  :)—V

Hi All.

Cheers

Staz

Hi Staz.  Just looking at your signature if you just got off Q January 18, I would guess that you are still feeling withdrawal from that. Generally the rule of thumb according to surviving antidepressants is to wait 6 months after tapering each med.  If I’m wrong on the signature let me know.  :)—V

No VM you are correct, I got of quetiapine 5 weeks ago.  6 Months seems a long wait before starting another reduction especially as I think V is sustaining my depression or making it worse even.

Staz

Hi Staz you really would need to allow your brain to adapt to all the changes you have made even just for at least another couple of months.Coming off an antipsychotic can lead to increased depression so let it settle and start your taper when you feel a bit stronger.

Hi Staz you really would need to allow your brain to adapt to all the changes you have made even just for at least another couple of months.Coming off an antipsychotic can lead to increased depression so let it settle and start your taper when you feel a bit stronger.

Thanks for all the advice Stut. I'm probably being a bit ambitious. I cut from 150mg between August and the last 25mg finished on Jan 18.

Staz

I think we all have this obsessive need to get off these meds but l think it is just because we are very anxious and if we were able to think rationally we would know it would be better to take it slow.l hope things settle down a lot for you before you take on the diazepam taper.

Hi V,

Hope you are doing ok. You said in your signature that some wdsx are ramping up.

I see you are going kind of fast. Be careful. Don’t want you to get yourself in a fix. :nono:

Heath

That’s a laugh...ME givingYOU advice?  :crazy:  lol

Hi V,

Hope you are doing ok. You said in your signature that some wdsx are ramping up.

I see you are going kind of fast. Be careful. Don’t want you to get yourself in a fix. :nono:

Heath

That’s a laugh...ME givingYOU advice?  :crazy:  lol

Thanks Heath!  I am just having minor sxs. I will definitely slow down if I feel it’s getting bad.  :thumbsup:

Hello,

I've not been here I a long time.

I'm hoping someone can help me?

I'm not even sure if this is the right thread to post this on; however, here goes.

I started my taper 3 yrs ago.

I'm doing a liquid micro taper (off Xanax) .

Existing Taper Plan:

100mL's water

Drop in two 1mg Xanax pills

Current dose removed (50mL's) now = 1mg of Xanax

This is where I've held since October (my dad passed) and I had massive amounts of stress.

2.5 weeks ago...I started putting one pill in my water, and all hell has broke loose.

I feel like I'm going backwards.

SX's to indlude: Insomnia (average of 4 hrs per night), pain, muscle weakness/fatigue/burning, a different type of headache (hinging on migraine), major stiff neck, nausea, blurred vision, and here's the newest one...pretty sure I've had some hallucinations (hearing my dad call for me, seeing a black & white blob when my eyes are closed), Much more...won't waste your time with it all.

As of today....I went back to putting my 2 pills in the water.

I don't know if that's right or wrong. I'm thinking by adding only one pill...I've cut way more than I even realize.

Can someone PLEASE try and help me? Or point me in the right direction of someone who can.

Thank you so much...Fluter  :-[

P.S. This last mg is proving to be a nightmare...as if it could get any worse, and yet, I know it can...This has me running scared.

Hi and welcome Flutterbye,

I am sorry to hear that you have lost your dad. That must be so very hard for you. I hope things begin to get easier in thatpartof your life very soon. I can only imagine the stress you are under right now.

Unfortunately I can not be of any help when it comes to your solution of Xanax.

However I do believe that your problem may be that when you changed your dilution from 2 pills to 1 pill, as you said, you may have cut much too much.

Your side effects sound extreme, and I’m sorry for that however IMO they are not anything I have not heard before. A,though they are hard to bear, don’t let them scare you. You will get through the hard times. Just hang in there.

You have decided to hold, and that is good. That should help to give your CNS a chance to adjust to the cuts you have made.

I am sure that someone who knows about Xanax and the way to make a solution will chime in here very soon. ( I am withdrawing from Valium and although the wdsx mY be the same, they are different drugs and diluting them by making a solution is different.)

This is a very active thread and there are many buddies here who will be able to give you good suggestions  and lots of support to withdraw from Xanax.

I just want you to know that you are in a good place on this forum.  I’m sure many buddies are reading your post and they will chime in before long with an answer for you.

Take it slow, hang in there! Try to distract yourself from your wdsx with other activities like, tv, reading etc. have Courage, patience,  and remember to go really slow in your taper.

Wishing you the best...I’ll be reading  your posts.

Peace to you,

Heath :thumbsup::therethere::mybuddy:  :thumbsup:

Take it slow, hang in there! Try to distract yourself from your wdsx with other activities like, tv, reading etc. have Courage, patience,  and remember to go really slow in your taper.

Wishing you the best...I’ll be reading  your posts.

Peace to you,

Heath

Hi Heath,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Also, I appreciate your suggestions.

I've been at this for way to long, and I remember the motto....slow wins this race. I've been at it for 3 years now.

I was moving along fairly fine (it was doable). Than hit the wall. My dads passing has been very difficult...as it would be for most of us here.

I know how to mix my solution. I guess I'm just wondering if the change from 2 pills to 1 was enough to spin my out of control. It's the only thing I've done differently.

I suppose I'm hopping someone could come along and let me know If I should do something different in order to reign in these sudden horrid SX's?

Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks again Heath ... FB  :smitten:

[ff...]