Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Sorry to hear about the issues with your docs in the UK, Nova and Pinkfairy.

They are taking on a fire breathing dragon in Nova!

Hope it all gets worked out.

Hi TMB :hug: Can I be a sexy hell cat instead please?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

You bet Nova! Sexy hell cat it is  :laugh:

Uh, there is a prob between benzos and steroids?? 

Asking as was thinking of trying an inhaler for a cough which is intermitten but severe.  Could be asthma and cough so hard I pull muscles or whatever.

Should not try??

Hi to manybeenies am going to ring him today...& get it cleared up as it’s causing to high anxiety xxxx

Hope it get's cleared up. Also helps to take action, quickly, especially with the weekend coming up. You'll know where you stand and can plot your next move with facts. Good luck.

Hey Valley glad to see you place the "Propaganda list" again, thanks for being Our Leader here and caring about all of us. How are you doing with your taper, and what is the Magic Number now? Hope to see more of you here, I know you are working hard, take some time to relax and enjoy if you can. 🕊 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

Hey Valley glad to see you place the "Propaganda list" again, thanks for being Our Leader here and caring about all of us. How are you doing with your taper, and what is the Magic Number now? Hope to see more of you here, I know you are working hard, take some time to relax and enjoy if you can. 🕊 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

Hi BG! Thanks for the support! I am doing well with my taper.  I still have broken sleep but slept pretty soundly last night.  The slight tremors seem to be less prevalent and don't last very long when they do come on.  My biggest complaint is my short term memory.  It seems that has been an issue that has plagued me from the beginning. I have to write everything down to keep it straight lol.  But even the memory seems to be improving somewhat.  I'm not sure what the magic number will be.  I seem to be doing well at the pace I'm on but always listen to my body.  I can always tell when things are getting out of hand and can stop it before it becomes an issue. 

I hope all is well with you! You are showing us how it's done.  I do read the posts everyday and wish I had the energy to respond to more of the posts.  Hope you have a great day!  :)--V 

Hi BG! Thanks for the support! I am doing well with my taper.  I still have broken sleep but slept pretty soundly last night.  The slight tremors seem to be less prevalent and don't last very long when they do come on.  My biggest complaint is my short term memory.  It seems that has been an issue that has plagued me from the beginning. I have to write everything down to keep it straight lol.  But even the memory seems to be improving somewhat.  I'm not sure what the magic number will be.  I seem to be doing well at the pace I'm on but always listen to my body.  I can always tell when things are getting out of hand and can stop it before it becomes an issue. 

I hope all is well with you! You are showing us how it's done.  I do read the posts everyday and wish I had the energy to respond to more of the posts.  Hope you have a great day!  :)--V

Sorry about the memory thing, but I am sure in time it will level out. So much these benzo's take from us, the gift that keeps on giving... :tickedoff:. So you are still at 2mg? I am really glad that I decided to go as slow as a 🐢 it has made all the difference in the world. I am in no hurry, I have tons of Valium stashed away. And really when we are functional the time goes fast and keeping distracted helps also. On the 23rd I will be done with my one month hold, and will start taper for 10 days again, so far this has been good for me. Have the best day. I am worried about Heath she has not been on much. Thanks for responding to my post, it means a lot. Take care Buddie. :smitten:

With thanks to Miss Atomic Bomb :thumbsup:, another buddy posting about it on another thread have a look at this guys its a product called  ''Tapering Strips' its a genius idea for tapering off off  psychoactive drugs made by a Dr from UK that went through hell withdrawal trying to come off an anti depressant which you pay for but need a Dr to sign the order form to buy them. And they ship around the world.  http://www.taperingstrip.org/tapering-strips-brilliantly-simple-solution/

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Guys can you please help;;; I’m getting slammed with severe sxs with the lowest cut you can make on a scale of .001 gram reductions from brand name kolonopin even though I’m having adverse reactions;; ( using 2 pills of .50 mg each) would these strips allow me to go lower and use the brand name....is this transdermal sublingual;;; I couldn’t do liquid (milk)

I’m sorry I’m cognitively so impaired dizzy and sick I can’t understand any of this;;; if anyone else has

The ability to determine this for me I would be forever grateful;;;; please help:::::please

With thanks to Miss Atomic Bomb :thumbsup:, another buddy posting about it on another thread have a look at this guys its a product called  ''Tapering Strips' its a genius idea for tapering off off  psychoactive drugs made by a Dr from UK that went through hell withdrawal trying to come off an anti depressant which you pay for but need a Dr to sign the order form to buy them. And they ship around the world.  http://www.taperingstrip.org/tapering-strips-brilliantly-simple-solution/

Guys can you please help;;; I’m getting slammed with severe sxs with the lowest cut you can make on a scale of .001 gram reductions from brand name kolonopin even though I’m having adverse reactions;; ( using 2 pills of .50 mg each) would these strips allow me to go lower and use the brand name....is this transdermal sublingual;;; I couldn’t do liquid (milk)

I’m sorry I’m cognitively so impaired dizzy and sick I can’t understand any of this;;; if anyone else has

The ability to determine this for me I would be forever grateful;;;; please help:::::please

Hi Please. Sorry you’re having a difficult time. I wish I knew what to tell you but I don’t have any experience with the strips. Hopefully someone who knows will respond.  :)—V

Sorry about the memory thing, but I am sure in time it will level out. So much these benzo's take from us, the gift that keeps on giving... :tickedoff:. So you are still at 2mg? I am really glad that I decided to go as slow as a 🐢 it has made all the difference in the world. I am in no hurry, I have tons of Valium stashed away. And really when we are functional the time goes fast and keeping distracted helps also. On the 23rd I will be done with my one month hold, and will start taper for 10 days again, so far this has been good for me. Have the best day. I am worried about Heath she has not been on much. Thanks for responding to my post, it means a lot. Take care Buddie. :smitten:

Hi BG. I’m actually at 1.5 and have been cutting daily for several months. I was making a series of cuts and then holding but started daily cutting to see how I would do and I’ve stayed at the same rate ever since. It seems like my body does well with the daily cuts.

You’re certainly making steady progress and it will be nice when we are finished and can get our loves completely back. I’m worried about Heath too. Hopefully she will chime in.  :)—V

Thanks TMB...very kind of you ❣️ Xxxx

Hi begood lovely to meet you ❣️.Hope you have a peaceful day too xxx

Hi Pink, I hope you feel better soon, you will get good support here, I know you have suffered a lot, but I believe that you like so many before you will heal. Time, Patience, and distraction is key. Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Asking as was thinking of trying an inhaler for a cough which is intermitten but severe.  Could be asthma and cough so hard I pull muscles or whatever.

Should not try??

Barbara, the inhaler could possibly rev symptoms but honestly, if you are having a bad cough, using an inhaler to keep your lungs clear could possibly keep you from developing something worse, like bronchitis or pneumonia, which would require oral steroids and antibiotics, which would be worse for you I think than just an inhaler. I should have used an inhaler the Christmas of 2016 but did not, ended up with flu/bronchitis, on oral steroids and heavy duty inhalers, I think that is why the next few weeks I was a complete mess, ending with an updose and a six plus month hold. Sometimes, you need medication. Try hot steam too, that might help reduce the need for an inhaler, and some people swear by essential oils. Feel better.

Hi all  :hug: well my Doctor is splaying games with my Diazepam already  >:( after saying he would give me my normal prescription this month, I usually get mine every 28 days but now I have to ring every week and I don't know what's going to happen with next weeks  does whether its going to be cut or if its going to be my normal dose, and I can't use the phone regularly it hurts me to make phone calls it causes pain and my poor brain feels fried.  I rang the surgery but he's not there until Monday neither is the practice manager,  as I can verbally tell him I do not give my consent to what he's doing .

I wanted to get it out of the way regardless of knowing its illegal as its stressing me out as its still hanging in the wind until its done, my Sister is far too ill to post my letter for me as the nearest post office , and post box is some distance away on a main road and I can't handle the traffic. I will have to see if I can get up before the traffic gets too bad. If not I'll ring Monday do it over the phone then get the letter posted as well

Here is another 'Fun Fact''  I found out yesterday after ringing a number on some information I posted that its actually a Website for ''Doctors only'', so I said that is as well maybe so your telling me that what I'm reading proves that my Doctor is acting illegally and its on a Doctors only Membership Website?

They then were trying to get rid of me when I told them I was a member of the public and  then read word for word what it says about '' The Law of Consent'' on the'' Doctors only website'' which was

Respect for patients’ autonomy is expressed in consent law; to impose care or treatment on people without respecting their wishes and right to self-determination is not only unethical, but illegal

The patient should be given time to ask questions

When I questioned him he told me ''Its not open for discussion' and refused to listen to me, well he walked out of my home leaving me distressed and crying when I was still talking to him

The patient must be able to give their consent freely – pressuring patients into consenting to treatment invalidates the consent. To ensure that consent is freely given, patients should, where possible, be given time to consider their options before deciding to proceed with a proposed treatment.

When I told him he was endangering me he said  'Well if it happens it happens' I then said 'Doctor if you do what your proposing you may as well sign my death certificate' to which he replied 'Well is happening' meaning he's going to stop my Diazepam after ripping me off them 2mg a time or completely with no warning?

I LIVE IN WALES AND THAT'S ON A WALES DOCTOR'S WEBSITE,  WHERE HE'S PROBABLY A MEMBER ??  He's a ''MEMBER'' alright in every sense of the word the DICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Please  :hug: you can order Klonopin under its other name Clonazepam (Klonopin /clonazepam) Klonopin is Just  'Brand name'' Like Valium is Diazepam which is the actual drug, Valium is just a brand name Clonazepam is the actual drug in Klonopin. Click on Clonazapam on this link for the order form and information

http://www.taperingstrip.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/CLNZ_bestel_GB_1.pdf

Good luck NoVa.  This is my greatest fear also, being ripped off meds.  I am in US so laws are different.  Best of luck.

Hi Free  :hug: I hope and pray, it doesn't happen to you free but what I did was check the written word for myself as ALL the solicitors I rang said I had to take the Doctors decisions. But all they did was prove that they know F-A about the 'Law of consent'' unless it covers sex between to consenting parties but its not just one thing '' Consent'' covers a LOT of things, plus they can't make any money off me as I can act for myself within that law just by saying ''I do not consent to'' or putting it in writing.

You may also find your covered by ''Human right act'' as well. So its well worth doing your own research, I know its not easy I'm not good and its made my burning brain and body worse as its very stressful but its worth the outcome when it comes to self preservation and your human rights. Its everyone's biggest night mare on this forum having the drugs stopped before their ready :(  That law been legal in the UK for 5 year's but its was kept quiet,  seem's not one of us out of thousands on here from UK knew that until now ???

FREE :hug: I hope you see this, I am looking to see if US Law of Consent covers your rights regarding your medication, but different states have different law over there, so its tricky trying to narrow it down under a single US law, if you tell me which state you live in I will try and find out where you would stand if you ever have a problem with your meds like I have.

Thanks so much NoVa I live in Virginia Hope you get it sorted it’s awful we have to worry about this .

Hi Free  :hug: I'll see if I can find anything that will help you :)

Free  :hug: you guys do have the same rights , Its called ''Informed consent'

Informed consent is a patient's right to be presented with sufficient information, by either the physician or their representative, to allow the patient to make an informed decision regarding whether or not to consent to a treatment or procedure. Patients generally are recognized as having the right to refuse medical care for any reason. Their reasons may include religious grounds as well as any other personal grounds they choose, even if you as physician consider their grounds to be frivolous or in poor judgment.

[b]Informed consent must be obtained by a health care provider who is reasonably involved with the patient's care. A medical student therefore may not obtain consent, as they are not allowed to be responsible for patient care. The legal requirement to obtain informed consent rests with the attending physician. The attending physician may delegate his or her responsibility to obtain informed consent to another health care provider; however, he or she remains responsible and liable if appropriate consent is not obtained.[/b]

If informed consent is not obtained, the patient has the right to sue for medical malpractice. Informed consent is necessary any time the physician is going to either touch the patient or perform an invasive procedure. Informed consent may further be divided into two parts. These parts include Express consent and Implied consent.  https://www.med-ed.virginia.edu/courses/rad/consent/1/overview.html

The right to refuse treatment goes hand in hand with another patient right—the right to informed consent.  A patient should only consent to medical treatment if they have sufficient information about their diagnosis and all treatment options available in terms he/she can understand. Before a physician can begin any course of treatment, the physician must make the patient aware of what he plans to do. For any course of treatment that is above routine medical procedures, the physician must disclose as much information as possible so the patient may make an informed decision about his/her care.

When a patient has been sufficiently informed about the treatment options offered by a physician, the patient has the right to accept or refuse treatment for two reasons:

A patient has the freedom to decide what a physician or other health care professional will and won't do.

It is unethical to physically force or coerce a patient into a treatment against their will if they are of sound mind and are mentally capable of making an informed decision. https://www.verywell.com/do-patients-have-the-right-to-refuse-treatment-2614982

Thanks NoVa but I wonder if that includes controlled substances It seems this means treatments.  We shall see I guess , I can't obsess about it now.  Hope your Dr. comes to his senses.  :smitten:

Thanks NoVa but I wonder if that includes controlled substances It seems this means treatments.  We shall see I guess , I can't obsess about it now.  Hope your Dr. comes to his senses.  :smitten:

Free  :hug:'' Treatment'' means and  includes Meds (substances) '

Definition of treatment

1 a : the act or manner or an instance of treating someone or something : handling, usage

b : the techniques or actions customarily applied in a specified situation

2 a : a substance[or technique used in treating

b : an experimental condition

Ok Thanks Nova, good to know.  You do so much for all in the midst of your own suffering.  Praying it all works out for you.  :smitten:

Your most welcome sweetie  :hug: I was sure there must be something in USA law that covered ALL  states Medically coz  folks your Country just lurve' to go suing everyone ;D And its now the same over here, the only difference is your United ends in A and ours ends in K ;D I looked under Virginia first of all because as I said different states have different laws , but that law is USA law so its the same everywhere  :) And since we had Devolution of Wales and Scotland away from England, some of our law's work that way too but the ''Law of consent'' covers all UK .  :)

Hey M  :hug: On this page here from my other thread is the links to the legal stuff where is state they can't touch your Meds without YOUR consent, Show it to your sister I typed out what people need to know law wise on there, its even on the NHS Website which I also linked on there. I am nervous about putting my letter in but its not me, its ''Benzo withdrawal anxiety'' the part of me that's me is HOPING MAD!!! >:(

That their making people mentally and physically ill and suicidal with the threat of stopping people's medication when their not ready if my symptoms weren't so severe I would have run to the surgery to do it in person, and given them a lecture on their ignorance and incompetence injuring people or worse >:(http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=197042.msg2569922#msg2569922

Here is what people need to say or do should ANY medical person try to stop or change ANY medical treatment without YOUR consent

I found  since I wanted to know the answer yesterday after much research out that since 2013 its illegal for ANYONE whoever they are, even a Doctor/Medical personnel of any kind,  to make you cut down, come off, stop or go on any other prescribed medicine against your will under ''THE LAW OF CONSENT'' Its also been updated in 2017 as ''2017 LAW OF CONSENT''

Consent – The basics

1 Apr 2013

Summary

Respect for patients’ autonomy ( of your own free will) is expressed in consent law; to impose care or treatment on people without respecting their wishes and right to self-determination is not only unethical, but illegal.

More information regarding this law here on my other thread below  I posted yeterday  when I was trying to find out if the law gave patients the power to stop the Doctors stopping or  prescribing ALL types of drugs or treatment under ''THE LAW OF CONSENT''. Read through the thread as its too much for me to have to go through it and re-type everything I found out about the law, and your rights to not be taken off prescribed medicine against your free will and consent

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE LAW OF CONSENT REGARDING BENZOS IN UK http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=197042.0

If they try to stop your drugs you can either tell them' I REFUSE TO GIVE MY CONSENT UNDER 2017 CONSENT LAW '' Or put it in writing, I've drafted a four page letter pointing out lot's of illegalities to send to my Doctors Surgery Management, as that's where you send any complaints regarding the Doctor NOT directly to the Doctor their self.

I've asked the Receptionist to ask the Doctor to ring me to see if he listens to what I got to say and over turn his ''criminal act''  >:( and if not the letter's going in and I will take it further if I have to, although I seriously doubt it will go further once they read my letter and all the legal documentation I've put in there as well.

They can NOT kick me out of the surgery if it comes to going further than a phone call either as that's also ILLEGAL. I really hope this helps others out their living in terror of being dragged off any drugs by any medical persons like I was  >:(

Thanks so much Nova  :smitten:, I'll pass it on to my sis .

Love ,MiYu  ;):hug:

Should not try??

Hi Barb , Im Sorry I didn't mean to scare you  :smitten:

im sure you'll be fine with an inhaler, do you feel you need it ?

I have a friend with Addison's disease so he's on 30 mgs day of steroids . He came off benzos twice and is ok . So , who knows . You'll be ok , just do what you need to do ,

Love,

MiYu  :smitten:

[50...]