Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

NJStrength-  It's a good thing you found that out about the company before you took the job!!!  I wish you luck in your job search!

TooManyBennies -  Glad to hear from you.  Anxiety is really rough.  I have been wrestling with it as well.  Why is it SO HARD to breathe the way we want to when are  having anxiety?

I actually almost posted how well things were going for me earlier today, but I knew that would jinx me to having a terrible night.  But I had a terrible night anyways.  I got all panicky and angry and made my husband come home from work, instead of going to drinks with his friends, to discuss with me why he said things behind my back to a mutual friend.  Well, it turns out I was wrong, and it was just normal talk and I got SO PARANOID.  I don't know what the heck is going on anymore.  I feel like I am finding evidence of things, but it all turns to be disproven. 

It feels like there's a little devil in my mind, who every few hours says to me, "You see how they are out to get you, right?".  I feel so on edge.

Green cup I sure understand.....

That's why I have a bumper sticker and reminder on my fridge: "Don't Believe everything you think."

It helps men those times when my mind has convinced me it is thinking truth!

:smitten:

SS

Hi Long Support Group Buddies. Have been trying to keep up, but had a busy week. Also, a down week. I've been generally marking time with ups and downs, but averaging out to be mostly pretty much OK. However, this week, I had a few days where things were really bothering me to the point that I would have what I would call mini panic attacks. More chest breathing and hard to breathe from my belly (diaphragm). Lots of severe anxious thoughts. Had to take a couple breaks where I could go and just breathe deep and get my composure back. Felt a bit better after my therapist visit. But, basically coming to grips with the reality that I am out there now and have to figure it out without any meds to resort to. It's where I really want to be, but as we all know, it is very hard to do.

I'm hoping to get back in the conversation. Just wanted to let you know I did not disappear and am trying to figure out how to smooth the waves out. I have no doubt I will get there, just living through the process.

Thanks for 'listening'.

:smitten: :smitten:

We're all in this together!  Thanks for writing about your experiences....

SS

Thank you, SS. This is what is so great about BB and particularly the Long Hold Support Group - we are all in this together!

NJStrength-  It's a good thing you found that out about the company before you took the job!!!  I wish you luck in your job search!

TooManyBennies -  Glad to hear from you.  Anxiety is really rough.  I have been wrestling with it as well.  Why is it SO HARD to breathe the way we want to when are  having anxiety?

I actually almost posted how well things were going for me earlier today, but I knew that would jinx me to having a terrible night.  But I had a terrible night anyways.  I got all panicky and angry and made my husband come home from work, instead of going to drinks with his friends, to discuss with me why he said things behind my back to a mutual friend.  Well, it turns out I was wrong, and it was just normal talk and I got SO PARANOID.  I don't know what the heck is going on anymore.  I feel like I am finding evidence of things, but it all turns to be disproven. 

It feels like there's a little devil in my mind, who every few hours says to me, "You see how they are out to get you, right?".  I feel so on edge.

Thanks, GC. I can definitely relate to the anger that comes roaring out. I am blind to facts when it happens. I really don't know what's behind it -- kind of like your little devil. It doesn't come out so much (anymore) and I get so disappointed in myself when it does. Luckily, I have a saint for a spouse in terms of putting up with my mood swings. Hope you do too.

Hi Long Support Group Buddies. Have been trying to keep up, but had a busy week. Also, a down week. I've been generally marking time with ups and downs, but averaging out to be mostly pretty much OK. However, this week, I had a few days where things were really bothering me to the point that I would have what I would call mini panic attacks. More chest breathing and hard to breathe from my belly (diaphragm). Lots of severe anxious thoughts. Had to take a couple breaks where I could go and just breathe deep and get my composure back. Felt a bit better after my therapist visit. But, basically coming to grips with the reality that I am out there now and have to figure it out without any meds to resort to. It's where I really want to be, but as we all know, it is very hard to do.

I'm hoping to get back in the conversation. Just wanted to let you know I did not disappear and am trying to figure out how to smooth the waves out. I have no doubt I will get there, just living through the process.

Thanks for 'listening'.

I think we’ve all been there GC. It is difficult sometimes but I actually feel more alive as I slowly taper off. Hang in there... this too shall pass.  :)—V

Barbara,

While 90 percent of the people here on BB may disagree with me, you don't have to taper. It's your choice. There are people who are on benzos for life. I am sure for many of them, the quality of their life is fine. IMHO, quality of life is all that matters. You have to decide what works. Maybe this just isn't the right time to taper. I tried twice before, it didn't work out, my father was dying, just too much stress. Maybe if you do need to reinstate you can do so at a lower dose than you originally started with.

I have had a challenging week. Had severe chest pain that landed me in the ER on Wednesday. The doctors didn't find anything. I am wondering if this is chest tightness from withdrawal (which my GP discounts totally). Or it could be muscular, I haven't worked out since then and haven't had the pain. Someone said it could be a panic attack but it didn't feel like a panic attack, my blood pressure was normal. I have been having this on and off for a couple of weeks. Will get checked out by a cardiologist, but I am not overly alarmed. While I am overweight I do work out at a fairly high intensity four to five times a week and don't have any other risk factors for a heart attack. But of course, will get it checked further.

I decided ultimately to say no to the job I was offered.  Discovered the company was not as financially stable as I thought. I cannot be doing another job search in a year or two.  I had a phone interview the next day with another organization ... much better benefits, four times as much sick time, which we all know is important ... and less responsibility than I have now or would have had in the new job. I go for an in person interview next week. Fingers crossed, this seems like the right one.

Great words NJ,

Yes tapering is our choice!    the time has to be right and so many things can get in the way of that.  I am a fan of another side of any dilemma being presented.  There is no right or wrong for any of us...... awareness of the options is important and then we get to decide...

I'm glad that you didn't tale a job that wasn't right for you.  I seems there are plenty of options for you there.... Hoping that the right position come up soon.

SS

Yes yes, SS NJ Strength, green cup, and anyone else

I agree 100%

Tapering is up to each individual. You  have to decide for yourself.

Sometimes it’s an easy choice. In my case, I had reached tolerance.  I had terrible inner shakes and dizziness. It was either updose or get off my  Vallium.That’s when I decided to get off that drug.

But my sister uses Xanax every night to get to sleep. She says she is fine. Never had to up dose.

I think she is nuts.  But hey. I hope she doesn’t ever have to updose or get off.

Good luck every one out there!

Heathclihh

ATU My condolences to you  :hug: I too have lost family member's and very close friends over the last 6 months it seems to be very week someone goes, I know its 'Natural law'' but its treble hard at a time like this  :therethere: Please take care of yourself the best you can that's all any of us can do :mybuddy: xxx :smitten:

Hi everyone  :hug: Well I am now 6 months and one day into my up-dose I didn't want to do but had too to enable me to move away from the neighbour form hell >:D and long hold. I only know  now how long I've been holding this dose as I never check unless I post on here and someone needs the info for any reason as its no use looking at the calendar it will happen when it happens. :)  Anyway I am at 10mg and I have been moving my doses about  to see if that made a difference as my baseline is crap and I'm very symptomatic but functional most days, by this I mean I'm able to do what I need to survive but I can't go out and about, live a ''normal' day to day life, I isolate myself as its to much to be around others. And life is too noisy as well as I'm very hypersensitive to sound, smells, vibration, touch whatever sense we have mine are  in over drive :o

But I am grateful I am able to do what I can others are worse off than my worse I know that. :( Anyway I found that I get more sleep if I take the lowest dose at night I take 3 doses a day 2 at 4MG, and 1 at 2MG, I want to cut out the afternoon dose when  I start to cut again  so I been taking 4mg at night for 2 or 3 weeks  instead of my normal 2mg, but I find it takes ages to fall asleep if I do get to sleep at all.

Then I wake up continuously at short intervals, so the higher dose is having a paradoxical effect, I do get swings between bouts of insomnia at lower doses as a matter of course, but this is another level altogether, more insomnia than not and clock watching as I can't sleep. So last night I only took 2mg last PM dose last night and slept a lot better and longer, but still awoke feeling my usual hell self no matter how much sleep I get I STILL feel bloody terrible and sometimes the longer I sleep the worse I feel and others have said that as well. Why that is  I have my own theory that its a build up of a certain Hormone and its very technical and I'm not going into the science realm to explain it as it took me a couple of months reading and researching and did my head in!!

Too much stimulation effs me up, even posting takes its toll on me  :D :D Anyhoo, I also got more sedated as I got lower in doses before I was forced to updose, Diazepam never sedated me at my full dos either it just made matters worse but I didn't know about 'paradoxical'' effects'' with drugs and the Doctor Juts kept upping the dose when I said the drug don't work, and I was aware it made me more bloody alert than sedated apart form the odd occasion when I took a low dose from my full dose during the day before it was due. And here is another thing I'd forgot, Christmas day I was invited to my sister's I wasn't going to go as I spent the last 4 laying on my floor with symptoms unable to do anything except hold on, and by the afternoon I was in a mega state worrying about not feeling good and ending up worse if I went. I was getting worse by the second and decided fk it!

I'm going to take another 4mg as I  couldn't breathe, the shaking was terrible just everything blew up and I'm not great 24/7 usually anyway, and I didn't expect it to do anything to be honest, and was thinking why did I bother? Its bloody futile! I up-dosed by 6mg to where I am now months ago and I'm still not stable?? Too my utter surprise and disbelief it worked! ALL my symptoms were gone within an hour, ones I had for year's ALL went I was normal, except a few hours later I began to feel ropey as there was a LOT of arguing going on there the music was 160 decibels, and I felt very fatigued, suddenly ill and desperate to get home  coz of all the crap kicking off all that noise so off I went . 

No I do NOT plan to do it again it was a ONE off, but it proved that my CNS is STILL very unstable, and regardless of how long I've been holding or the fact I still feel like hell most of the time I need to hold longer.  And even if I stayed at 14mg there is still the possibility that I could end up waiting months down the line to stabilise properly anyway, and end up setting myself even further back to wait, so I'm sticking at 10mg and taking the kicking  ::)

So its all a matter of waiting and holding on until my brain can catch up,  also I've just switched my dosing schedule around less than 24 hours ago so that's another change my brains got to deal with, and that's enough for now. I also had a 40% window for a few hours recently too so its one thing at a time, no more little ' self experiments'' or ''changes'' until I see where this dose change  I did last night is going and the fact that if a one off up-dose took ALL my symptoms away, even severe ones I had for year's  for a few hours. Then my brain needs more time to catch up with the dose I'm holding at for a while longer.  :thumbsup:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

In a similar place. Still very dominated by sxs. Appreciate your sharing the whole story and how you feel. I have been more isolated than ever, I don't want to deal with over stimulation.

I quit taking a 3ed (evening dose) months ago. I upped my other 2 doses so the drop would not be severe in terms of total dosage. I started by taking 1/3 of the usual dose, then after a week or 2, dropped it. I experimented much later with a pm dose, and found it did nothing to help me sleep. (A few times, not out of freaking out, but as a test)

I'm wanting to start tapering again soon from the current long hold. I am also tapering seroquel, so I gave this change in how I take my total dosage, as well as seroquel tapering some time.

Would like to learn what you discovered about longer sleep making things difficult. I was sleeping 1.5-2 hours and waking up, often staying awake along time, then another 1,5-2 hours, and sometimes a 1 hour sleep when I took my first  benzo dose in the morning. Last week, I started sleeping longer, something I thought would never happen. I still wake up, but am going about 3 hours now before waking up.

We all have to find our own way. Every time I make a change, it's different. For my next reduction, I plan to start micro cutting. Haven't done it before, going to give it a try.

Hi BD :hug: Someone asked on a a post ages ago does sleeping longer than you usually are able make you feel worse? What we were looking at is say  usually only sleeping a couple of hours  of very broken sleep then suddenly getting 5 or more hours, and less restless than usual. And there were a LOT of us that said yes, its worse when we get what would be considered a ''good mights sleep'' as opposed to barely any at all , where as  people keep banging on about  a good nights sleep set them up for a good day.

It has a paradoxical effect on quite a few of us and we feel bloody worse !!  :D Anyway I can't remember which hormone it was but I do remember it began with the letter A, and is one of the master hormones that builds up the longer you sleep making a 'soup'' with other stress hormones, they all work in symbiosis creating hell waiting when you wake up if you sleep for what would be longer than you sleep pattern BEFORE  prescription drugs.

BUT....not in everyone, I only needed 4 hours night before all this crap and was even good to go on 2 hours a night if I had too and I'm wondering if that why its problematic when I actually get more hours ''decent sleep''? I don't recall anyone on that thread mentioning what their normal sleep pattern was before Benzos. And I was like it from a baby my mother ( Whose passed back into pure energy state quite some year's ago) told me while she was here I was very forward, and was a happy baby but only slept 2 hours a night and spent the rest calling her by her Christian name and all hyper jumping up and down in the  in the cot.

And she was exhausted by me and nearly lost it, held it together and took me to the Doctors as she thought there was something up with me as I wasn't like any other baby I slept very little and developed intellectually rapidly.  The Doctor told her I was remarkably well but she wasn't good at all, well she wasn't getting any proper rest was she? Other people have told me I was a scary kid at the age of two it was like having a conversation with an ancient wise old women of 100 or more year's old.

And another thing before all this is I was having fun I could go 3 weeks or longer with NO sleep at will and be absolutely fine to the point people who didn't know me thought I had to be taking something but I was clean living and I was just high on life, I LOVED IT!!  ;D:yippee::highfive::2funny::yippee:  I'd go to work  no problem but on VERY RARE occasions I'd sleep for 24-48 hours solid sleep.

Otherwise if I slept for more than 4 hours I'd feel bloody terrible as if I'd been drugged with some bad drug like I do now, except I HAVE really been drugged with some freaking bad drugs this time, my Uncle is the same more than 4 hours sleep he felt he's been drugged or poisoned. Believe me I am grateful to get to sleep but the end product is always the same, I feel as if I need a LOT more sleep all day, but if I get more than a certain amount of sleep I feel worse again, but that hormone I'm on about actually has that effect and builds up higher when your sleeping.

The longer you sleep the more it your body produces. If I can find the information on my PC I'll let you know what it is, I've got a zillion files, book marks, research, links and references on here ::)  And I'm not in the right frame of mind to go trying to track it all down now, but it was a big 'Ah ah! moment when I found it after months of reading and cross referencing then human biology as its not as simple as just reading you have to dissect the brain, anatomy, and endocrine system to get to the conclusion and find the answers :)

baddove

Buddie

We can do this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: THE LONG HOLD Thank youi sweetSUPPORT GROUP.

« Reply #13366 on: 23 January 2018, 17:48:08 »

Thank you sweet Nova.

Could it be adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH)

A techy paper on sleep that explains it, but doesn't really help, however some good info:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3181635/

Hi BD  :hug: Regarding what it was I theorised builds up and causes problems in some of us if we get too much sleep,  I think it was this Adenosine  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine, but its not just that simple as one compound, but its known effect people on Diazepam so its possible the same maybe true for other Benzos???? Anyway have a good read of it.  :)

Barbara,

While 90 percent of the people here on BB may disagree with me, you don't have to taper. It's your choice. There are people who are on benzos for life. I am sure for many of them, the quality of their life is fine. IMHO, quality of life is all that matters. You have to decide what works. Maybe this just isn't the right time to taper. I tried twice before, it didn't work out, my father was dying, just too much stress. Maybe if you do need to reinstate you can do so at a lower dose than you originally started with.

I have had a challenging week. Had severe chest pain that landed me in the ER on Wednesday. The doctors didn't find anything. I am wondering if this is chest tightness from withdrawal (which my GP discounts totally). Or it could be muscular, I haven't worked out since then and haven't had the pain. Someone said it could be a panic attack but it didn't feel like a panic attack, my blood pressure was normal. I have been having this on and off for a couple of weeks. Will get checked out by a cardiologist, but I am not overly alarmed. While I am overweight I do work out at a fairly high intensity four to five times a week and don't have any other risk factors for a heart attack. But of course, will get it checked further.

I decided ultimately to say no to the job I was offered.  Discovered the company was not as financially stable as I thought. I cannot be doing another job search in a year or two.  I had a phone interview the next day with another organization ... much better benefits, four times as much sick time, which we all know is important ... and less responsibility than I have now or would have had in the new job. I go for an in person interview next week. Fingers crossed, this seems like the right one.

NJ, glad to see you were able to figure out the right move on the job "opportunity".  Sounds like a much better situation awaits. Looking forward to hearing good news on that.

Hope you get some answers on the chest pain. A couple years ago, I was having pain on the left side of my chest that got severe at times. I wound up going to the ER and had all kinds of tests and cardiologist follow-ups. Everything came back clean and was ultimately diagnosed with Costochondritis which is "an inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone, or sternum. The condition causes localized chest pain that you can reproduce by pushing on the cartilage in the front of your ribcage." Chest pain in that region around the heart is always scary. Let us know!

Barbara,

Great words NJ,

Yes tapering is our choice!    the time has to be right and so many things can get in the way of that.  I am a fan of another side of any dilemma being presented.  There is no right or wrong for any of us...... awareness of the options is important and then we get to decide...

I'm glad that you didn't tale a job that wasn't right for you.  I seems there are plenty of options for you there.... Hoping that the right position come up soon.

SS

Yes yes, SS NJ Strength, green cup, and anyone else

I agree 100%

Tapering is up to each individual. You  have to decide for yourself.

Sometimes it’s an easy choice. In my case, I had reached tolerance.  I had terrible inner shakes and dizziness. It was either updose or get off my  Vallium.That’s when I decided to get off that drug.

But my sister uses Xanax every night to get to sleep. She says she is fine. Never had to up dose.

I think she is nuts.  But hey. I hope she doesn’t ever have to updose or get off.

Good luck every one out there!

Heathclihh

Heath,

Oh I took Xanax for years with out updosing -- only for sleep.  It was when I added some z-drug for sleep while travelling that things started to get weird... I hope that your sister has a easy time with whatever she decides or needs to do. 

Of course I am sleeping much better than I have ever as I go down -- with the trusty remeron by my side.  And years of skill building under my belt.

OH it feels good to sleep !! to sleep!  that's all I was ever looking for with my buddy Xanax.

SS

Good bye to the bad last week. This week is starting out a lot better. Hope the group is off to a good start as well.  :)

Here's to hoping this week is a good one!  :hug:

Hello everybody...❣️

Hope have come to the right place,am going so very slow & wondered if I need more long holds?as am suffering badly...any information would be grateful

Thank you

Pink

♥️

Hello everybody...❣️

Hope have come to the right place,am going so very slow & wondered if I need more long holds?as am suffering badly...any information would be grateful

Thank you

Pink

♥️

Hi Pinkfairy, sorry you are suffering. This is definitely the right place for information on longer holds. My longest holds were like 4-5 weeks at a time, so I am not a good resource, but there are a number of other buddies in this group that can help and they stop by regularly.  However, mine were symptom-based and all my cuts were voluntary (not forced by doc) . I never cut before my body was ready. And that is of course the key, holding long enough to adjust and stabilize to the new dosage levels and it takes whatever time it takes. In my case I was fortunate to not have to hold longer to get to stable.

I am curious from reading your signature: it looks like you cut in Nov 2016 and held until late April 2017 (5-6 months). Then you cut and held until December 2017 (7-8 months) and then made 3 rapid cuts (days apart).

• Did the previous holds Nov-Apr and Apr-Dec work for you? They seem to fit the category of long holds. I assume you were stable when ending the hold and making the next cut.

• Why the 3 rapid cuts in Dec-Jan? Did you just start feeling bad after the most recent cut or the first cut?

Hopefully you are not being "forced" (by your doc) to rapidly reduce. If not, then you can make it a symptom-based approach making tiny cuts and holding until you feel ready to make the next (tiny) cut. 

Hello & thank you for getting back to me...

Oh my signature must be wrong,I will change it...sorry I didn’t make 3 rapid cuts in days.

My doctor was dropping me 1mg a month in 2016 while I was still in acute from the other CT..I got to 6mg & stabilised...But he kept dropping me down!i had to hold for really long because,had lost my job,my ex & our home all in 6 months of each other...have never stabilised due to the the CTs & tapering on top of those..plus am a single parent with no support on ground at all..have got to 4.2mg & the suffering is unbearable!have suffered for 18month solid with no let up...

So am now wondering if a good long hold will help me out!

Thank you again ❣️

Am sooo pleased you could stabilise that’s awesome!

My doctor phoned me today & wants me to drop a 1mg or 0.5

I started crying because there’s no way I can even do 5% xxx

Hi Pinkfairy,

Wow, your dr has really put you through the wringer.  So sorry for all your suffering.  I have benefitted from long holds, three months, however, I was not as unstable as you appear to be.

This is only my opinion but I'd be looking for another Dr.  Others who have been where you are can chime in.  You've rapid tapered Paxil and CT'd other drugs all within a relatively short period of time.

If it were me I would hold until stable even if it took many months.  Possibly even an updose would be in order to help with stability.  Then a slow symptom based taper.  I know the many others who are more experienced than I am will help you.  Take heart, don't give up,  you can get off, just needs to be done properly and safely.

Thank you for your kind words & comment ❣️

My doctor won’t updose me sadly,his trying to ge me off...Have spoke to him today he wants me to drop 1mg or 0.5,I said no way I can do that...in the uk 🇬🇧 a New law came in,in 2017 where those already in benzos get to dictate there taper..He wasn’t happy. (Tough)

Me & my little boy aren’t we’re in hell..he had me in tears,until I remembered what una said about the new law here.(thank god)

Am hoping a very long hold will ease all this up.18 month of sheer hell..

Xxx

Just updated it  now xxx

That's great - thanks for updating, Pinkfairy. It makes more sense.

I was on AD (sertraline/zoloft) for over 18 years (high dose 200mg) and I rapid tapered over 4 months back in 2015. The pharmaceutical companies brainwash the doctors that SSRIs are not addictive and can be relatively easy to get off. If my experience is representative, that is so untrue. That period was torture. I could not believe how bad the physical symptoms were. I felt like my skin was being ripped off of me. I had terrible nausea and dizzyness. Muscle and joint ache was intense. Sleep was non existent. Looking back, that experience was (for me) worse than my benzo taper. As I was going through it, it took me awhile to figure out it was the zoloft reduction. I had no idea. I had no expectation that this would happen. I was naive.

You have been through a lot. Hope you get stable. If it was me, I would take the time that is needed, however long that is.

Thanks SS  :smitten:

i woke up feeling better today , maybe it WAS the crazy moon that made me crazy?? :crazy:

Well, trying to stay in the moment and appreciate the small respite for today.

NJ , I'm also glad you didn't take that other job , I think it's important to trust your intuition on these things. It sound slike this new opportunity could be it ! I'm just impressed at what you do while in WD ... working out and job hunting etc.....  Hoping to get there my self sooner rather than later, but , as the wise Nova says , forget about what it is for everyone else, we have to go by what works for each of us.

Let us know how the job possibility goes .

love, MiYu :smitten:

( Hi Heath, haven't said hello in a while , youre doing great and are an inspiration too! :smitten: )

Miyu,

Thanks for saying that I impress you by what I do. It means a lot because most of the time I feel like I am a mess. The nausea is terrible again; I meditated this afternoon which helps a lot, but I almost got sick last night. Upset over an issue with my son who is in his second semester of college. Every thing does me in. I have my interview tomorrow and hoping for a good outcome. If not, putting aside the job hunt for now. Too tired to do this any more.

Hope you are doing okay. Know you are having a tough time. Hopefully time really does heal all wounds.

Thanks SS  :smitten:

i woke up feeling better today , maybe it WAS the crazy moon that made me crazy?? :crazy:

Well, trying to stay in the moment and appreciate the small respite for today.

NJ , I'm also glad you didn't take that other job , I think it's important to trust your intuition on these things. It sound slike this new opportunity could be it ! I'm just impressed at what you do while in WD ... working out and job hunting etc.....  Hoping to get there my self sooner rather than later, but , as the wise Nova says , forget about what it is for everyone else, we have to go by what works for each of us.

Let us know how the job possibility goes .

love, MiYu :smitten:

( Hi Heath, haven't said hello in a while , youre doing great and are an inspiration too! :smitten: )

Miyu,

Thanks for saying that I impress you by what I do. It means a lot because most of the time I feel like I am a mess. The nausea is terrible again; I meditated this afternoon which helps a lot, but I almost got sick last night. Upset over an issue with my son who is in his second semester of college. Every thing does me in. I have my interview tomorrow and hoping for a good outcome. If not, putting aside the job hunt for now. Too tired to do this any more.

Hope you are doing okay. Know you are having a tough time. Hopefully time really does heal all wounds.

NJ, Sorry you are not feeling well - nausea is high on my list of dreaded issues. Hope things work out with your son and your job interview.

Hello everybody...❣️

Thank you

Pink

♥️

Hi Pinkfairy.  I certainly benefited from a long hold. I held for 6 months as I had really tapered myself into a bad way.  It actually took that long before I felt stable enough to taper again.  I have been able to do a slow symptom based taper ever since. The important thing is to listen to your body and not be impulsive.  I know some run into bad sxs when holding which is not related to the hold but is the brain and body trying to re-regulate.  It is the windows and waves pattern of stabilization and one should not start to taper until the sxs have settled into just background noise or resolved completely before tapering.  You will get there! Hope you get the help and support you need here!  :)—V

Thank you for your kind words & comment ❣️

My doctor won’t updose me sadly,his trying to ge me off...Have spoke to him today he wants me to drop 1mg or 0.5,I said no way I can do that...in the uk 🇬🇧 a New law came in,in 2017 where those already in benzos get to dictate there taper..He wasn’t happy. (Tough)

Me & my little boy aren’t we’re in hell..he had me in tears,until I remembered what una said about the new law here.(thank god)

Am hoping a very long hold will ease all this up.18 month of sheer hell..

Xxx

Hi PF  :hug: I'm in UK, when was that law passed? Due to having to move coz I had a neighbour form hell, I had to register with a new Doctor whose calling to my home today to ''access' me before I can have my repeat prescription as a new patient and I'm really stressed out, as I had to tell them I'm housebound due to my other ''illnesses'  ::).  As we all know its pointless trying to explain your in hell because of the Benzos, I tried for year's with my last Doctors, pointless, anyway I've been up all night worrying about my script being stopped, then no benzos my disability being stopped as I don't know these Doctors, and they don't know how ill I am because of the Benzos. Its very worrying. I'm already in a bad wave and its making matters a LOT worse, but I have to see them or they won't give me a prescription abndit was hard work getting them to call as I can't get to the surgery in the first place .

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thx , Suffering Sixty for saying ok not to taper.  I still hope to (am going to switch my last .008 g (by weight)  of .5 mg clon.  Then will be on about 5 valium.

IF, and it a big if, ambien hangs in to help me sleep, that will be the last one I go off.  In the past, if it stopped working I just stopped taking.  Have to hope that still the case.

It was adding remeron low dose for 6 weeks that got me all trembly, off balance, vision distortions, sweats, etc.  Whch is why I didn't taper it... I cut dose in half 5 days and got off.  Sure that was a mistake but I felt sick ON it and OFF it.  Very ill.  So, no brainer to stop that (had no idea a taper would be needed after 6 weeks).

So benzos/ ambien not clear cut in my case. 

I feel like I am hopeless mess these days.

Just updated it  now xxx

Hi PF,

This is a great thread to hang out on for some solid realistic info.  I defer to others as you have some really good suggestions here.  I know that holding certainly helps me a lot! And that even a 1-2 month hold has done wonders for my ability to function and to taper successfully.

The new law in the UK is fantastic!  Takes the power out of docs hands and put it back in the hands of -- us!  And with a law to back it up docs don't need to get all worried about litigation or anything, they are simply the script writers....

Some law makers have been listening  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here's hoping that this next while eases things some -- you have been through so much...

SS

Hi v ❣️ Thanks for your kind words & support means so much.I feel like I belong here been trying to find my tribe where I feel I belong...

Am going to have to hold & hold,have nearly dropped 50% on top of two CT...have been tapering for the length of time have been on it :/ ...I see others wizzing past me,but then I think hang on,they aren’t in 2 other major with drawls...am holding for a long time...totally housebound at this point.With my 10 year old son,we have no quality of life what so ever..xxx

Hi nova I inboxed you straight away about the new law,I hope you got sorted xxx

Ss the uk 🇬🇧 law as just brought this in,in 2017...it’s fantastic as we know we won’t be CT..shame the idiots CT me off two drugs & handed me a benzo to mask the other WD up...Thank you so much,haven’t had a break in 18 month of symptoms just no let up...

Lovely to meet you all & for your support ❤️

Sorry I forgot you out to many Beenies ❣️

Oh am so sorry for what you went through with the AD....it’s been barbaric,then the z drug was CT

Then they had me tapering amongst all that...

Butchered is & understatement.Hope you have recovered from the AD WD

Xxx

[1b...]