Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Laura,

I just wants to give some support and encouragment and praise for you and how you are helping your sister in this very diffculty time for her , and you .

Some one suggested dosing twice a day with the Ativan . I know you're scared to change anything. But it sounds like things are so difficult it might be worth a try?

Have you tried CBD oil for her? I have a friend who's elderly mother has terrible panic attacks and she does really well with CBD oil . I know it's a gamble , but it could be introduced very slowly to see if it helps at all?

Anyway , just a thought . I wish I could offer  more help and a solution for her suffering .

I wish you all the best and send you much love and prayers for a miracle of change .  :hug:

You all deserve some peace . 🕊

Love, MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi long hold buddies ,  :smitten:

Well , I haven't read all the back posts , but as I'm here I thought I'd say hi and a short update .

Things are pretty rocky still . I have some "better "days , but not great .

I got over the flu pretty quickly fortunately . Begood and ATU , I hope you're over it by now ?

I have made some small cuts , I made some errors with my liquid so still trying to figure out exactly where I'm at .

Some days I can go out for short walks , like today , and it was lovely and sunny . Makes me feel a bit more human just to be able to do that .

Been having more anxiety after dosing which I hope will subside .

I have no idea how to proceed still with my taper . I'm holding again and will see how I do in the next week or so . It seems like it still takes me weeks to recover from as small as 1/3% cut.

I feel so yucky on these meds that I'm just not someone who's ever going to feel normal while I'm on them , however long I hold . So for me it's a matter of how much I can tolerate of either the drug or WDs. I guess my plan is to  do a very slow taper and hope and pray that at some point it gets easier . With plenty of holds along the way.

I hope my buddies are all hanging in there with whatever they have going on . Some of you are so close to walking off .  :thumbsup:

Love , MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

You never know how this process is going to play out MiYu.  You can only do what you feel is right.  Perhaps a slow taper with holds will work for you.  I wish the process was predictable and easy to figure out.  We are all cheering for you!  :)—V

Hey mentioning withdrawal symptoms coming up and so slowing taper...  If you down around 5 mg valium, say,  in the remaining taper off, would you expect you might get the old symptoms you had or will something totally new come out at you?? 

Also, again let's presume 5 mg valium... if you cut by say 10%  every 3 weeks or so... isn't this going to take years to get off?  Anyone ever figured it out?

arrgh.

Miyu hope you feel better soon.

Hey mentioning withdrawal symptoms coming up and so slowing taper...   If you down around 5 mg valium, say,  in the remaining taper off, would you expect you might get the old symptoms you had or will something totally new come out at you?? 

Also, again let's presume 5 mg valium... if you cut by say 10%  every 3 weeks or so... isn't this going to take years to get off?  Anyone ever figured it out?

arrgh.

Hi Babs :hug: both, I am holding at 10mg I up-dosed to just over 6 months ago from 3.45mg and this week I had old symptoms I'd forgotten I ever had return ::)  I wasn't stabale anyway that's why I'm still holding at that dose for now, and I had to up-dose in order to move as I had a neighbour from hell and was unable to continue my taper. Anyway don't worry about how long or what symptoms as its very unpredictable as that's the nature of Benzos, aim to be as comfortable as possible while your getting off not worry about how long it takes.

It takes what it takes, no one has control over anything in all aspects of life not just B enzos so try not to borrow trouble by comparing your self and symptoms or taper rate to anyone Else's it will make you nuts and paranoid.  :D Just go along the best you can if you hit an uptick in symptoms no matter if their old or new ones then hold until you feel comfortable or ready to begin cutting again an don't worry about 'percentages'' they mean f-all to be honest. Find what work's for you never mind anyone else and stick with that we're all different and ultimately have to find our own way  through this journey from a drug forged in hell, but we'll get there eventually. Time is of no relevance, its not how quickly you can get off the drugs but how  to do it with the least discomfort possible  :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Valley Barbara Nova, thanks for your posts and wisdom , and support  :smitten:

I'm back in a bad wave , ugh ,last two days have been really intense with both physical and mental stuff .  :o

Hanging on and resisting any desire to cut , as I think not a good idea at this point . Couldn't handle much more than I am right now symptom wise .

Praying it will all settle down for those of us who are having troubles .....

🙏🏻❤️

Love, MiYu

I'm back in a bad wave , ugh ,last two days have been really intense with both physical and mental stuff .  :o

Hanging on and resisting any desire to cut , as I think not a good idea at this point . Couldn't handle much more than I am right now symptom wise .

🙏🏻❤️

Love, MiYu

🕊 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

In the same boat MiYu,  I pray for relief for us hard cases.  It is so unbearable.  I don't post much but always read and thinking of you and everyone else here.  :smitten:

Magnolis:

No s/x from Doxy but again, I'd only take it when you REALLY need it b/c you will build a tolerance quickly. I agree re Remeron. Works but makes me feel very groggy. Did you know that the less you take, the better it is as a sleep agent-but the more hung over you are likely to feel? If you take a larger dose, it doesn't work as well for sleep, but you are less likely to have that feeling.

IMHO, I would say that Remeron is a better go to rescue insomnia solution for 1x/week or so if you need it--just be sure you have the hours to sleep it off as it were...

Thanks Heath! Hanging in.

In the same boat MiYu,  I pray for relief for us hard cases.  It is so unbearable.  I don't post much but always read and thinking of you and everyone else here.  :smitten:

Love to you Free  :smitten:

Trying to stay positive and keep remembering that we will heal !

MiYu  :smitten:

🙏🏻❤️

Love, MiYu

🕊 Peace and Hugs. :smitten:

Thank you Begood , you are,  as always,  an inspiration  :smitten:🕊

Hey mentioning withdrawal symptoms coming up and so slowing taper...  If you down around 5 mg valium, say,  in the remaining taper off, would you expect you might get the old symptoms you had or will something totally new come out at you?? 

arrgh.

Hi Barbara Ann,

I am at .645.  I cut about 5% of my last dose every month. But I do it in very tiny daily cuts of about -.003. It turns out about 5% each month. but of course I have to recalculate what 5% of my last dose is every month. So my cut amount changes.I am on a DLMT.

Yes it will take me about another 1 1/2 years to get off this drug, diazapam, but that’s ok! I am just about wdsx free and I am back at work and my life is fine. Going real slow makes a big difference in how well ones taper will go. I am a strong believer in going slow, cutting small, andholding if necessary.

When I get overly ambitious and cut more than 5%, sometimes it’s ok, but often I get recurrence of old wdsx. That’s when I know to slow down.

Yes, the wdsx I get  are mild, and yes, they are the same ones I got all along my tapering journey. None of them are new.

When I was at 5 mg, I used to cut bigger amounts. Oh boy did I’d I get wdsx. I didn’t know what I was doing! But now I’m wiser, thanks to the help I’ve gotten from the experienced buddies on this forum.

Things are going much better for me, and if it takes a longer time to get off the Valium, that is OK!

Good luck! Take care! Slow down...

And remember...... What doesn’t kill ya, makes you stronger!

Heath, turtling along ... and WILL WIN THIS RACE!

Hey mentioning withdrawal symptoms coming up and so slowing taper...   If you down around 5 mg valium, say,  in the remaining taper off, would you expect you might get the old symptoms you had or will something totally new come out at you?? 

arrgh.

Hi Babs :hug: both, I am holding at 10mg I up-dosed to just over 6 months ago from 3.45mg and this week I had old symptoms I'd forgotten I ever had return ::)  I wasn't stabale anyway that's why I'm still holding at that dose for now, and I had to up-dose in order to move as I had a neighbour from hell and was unable to continue my taper. Anyway don't worry about how long or what symptoms as its very unpredictable as that's the nature of Benzos, aim to be as comfortable as possible while your getting off not worry about how long it takes.

It takes what it takes, no one has control over anything in all aspects of life not just B enzos so try not to borrow trouble by comparing your self and symptoms or taper rate to anyone Else's it will make you nuts and paranoid.  :D Just go along the best you can if you hit an uptick in symptoms no matter if their old or new ones then hold until you feel comfortable or ready to begin cutting again an don't worry about 'percentages'' they mean f-all to be honest. Find what work's for you never mind anyone else and stick with that we're all different and ultimately have to find our own way  through this journey from a drug forged in hell, but we'll get there eventually. Time is of no relevance, its not how quickly you can get off the drugs but how  to do it with the least discomfort possible  :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

DITTO NOVA! WELL SAID! I AGREE 100%!

HEATH :thumbsup::smitten:

I had a dr. appt so took bit more ambien to sleep n half a lyrica.

Made it to appt, which was useless, btw, but today bedridden.

Seems like after anxiety about appointment or doing anything i get like this.

Having very hard withdrawal an wondering if worth it when was ok on benzos until got sick with mirtz and benzos  (see sig-- all hell broke loose).

If could be on even keel would not fred about slow reduction, which have been doing.  But so sick over a year later and just no life.

sorry to complain...

Barbara,

While 90 percent of the people here on BB may disagree with me, you don't have to taper. It's your choice. There are people who are on benzos for life. I am sure for many of them, the quality of their life is fine. IMHO, quality of life is all that matters. You have to decide what works. Maybe this just isn't the right time to taper. I tried twice before, it didn't work out, my father was dying, just too much stress. Maybe if you do need to reinstate you can do so at a lower dose than you originally started with.

I have had a challenging week. Had severe chest pain that landed me in the ER on Wednesday. The doctors didn't find anything. I am wondering if this is chest tightness from withdrawal (which my GP discounts totally). Or it could be muscular, I haven't worked out since then and haven't had the pain. Someone said it could be a panic attack but it didn't feel like a panic attack, my blood pressure was normal. I have been having this on and off for a couple of weeks. Will get checked out by a cardiologist, but I am not overly alarmed. While I am overweight I do work out at a fairly high intensity four to five times a week and don't have any other risk factors for a heart attack. But of course, will get it checked further.

I decided ultimately to say no to the job I was offered.  Discovered the company was not as financially stable as I thought. I cannot be doing another job search in a year or two.  I had a phone interview the next day with another organization ... much better benefits, four times as much sick time, which we all know is important ... and less responsibility than I have now or would have had in the new job. I go for an in person interview next week. Fingers crossed, this seems like the right one.

Barbara,

While 90 percent of the people here on BB may disagree with me, you don't have to taper. It's your choice. There are people who are on benzos for life. I am sure for many of them, the quality of their life is fine. IMHO, quality of life is all that matters. You have to decide what works. Maybe this just isn't the right time to taper. I tried twice before, it didn't work out, my father was dying, just too much stress. Maybe if you do need to reinstate you can do so at a lower dose than you originally started with.

I have had a challenging week. Had severe chest pain that landed me in the ER on Wednesday. The doctors didn't find anything. I am wondering if this is chest tightness from withdrawal (which my GP discounts totally). Or it could be muscular, I haven't worked out since then and haven't had the pain. Someone said it could be a panic attack but it didn't feel like a panic attack, my blood pressure was normal. I have been having this on and off for a couple of weeks. Will get checked out by a cardiologist, but I am not overly alarmed. While I am overweight I do work out at a fairly high intensity four to five times a week and don't have any other risk factors for a heart attack. But of course, will get it checked further.

I decided ultimately to say no to the job I was offered.  Discovered the company was not as financially stable as I thought. I cannot be doing another job search in a year or two.  I had a phone interview the next day with another organization ... much better benefits, four times as much sick time, which we all know is important ... and less responsibility than I have now or would have had in the new job. I go for an in person interview next week. Fingers crossed, this seems like the right one.

Great words NJ,

Yes tapering is our choice!    the time has to be right and so many things can get in the way of that.  I am a fan of another side of any dilemma being presented.  There is no right or wrong for any of us...... awareness of the options is important and then we get to decide...

I'm glad that you didn't tale a job that wasn't right for you.  I seems there are plenty of options for you there.... Hoping that the right position come up soon.

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

🙏🏻❤️

Love, MiYu

Hi Miyu,

So glad that you can get out for walks at times.  So tempting to cut at times isn't it.....

So nice to hear from you.

SS

Thanks SS  :smitten:

i woke up feeling better today , maybe it WAS the crazy moon that made me crazy?? :crazy:

Well, trying to stay in the moment and appreciate the small respite for today.

NJ , I'm also glad you didn't take that other job , I think it's important to trust your intuition on these things. It sound slike this new opportunity could be it ! I'm just impressed at what you do while in WD ... working out and job hunting etc.....  Hoping to get there my self sooner rather than later, but , as the wise Nova says , forget about what it is for everyone else, we have to go by what works for each of us.

Let us know how the job possibility goes .

love, MiYu :smitten:

( Hi Heath, haven't said hello in a while , youre doing great and are an inspiration too! :smitten: )

Hi Long Support Group Buddies. Have been trying to keep up, but had a busy week. Also, a down week. I've been generally marking time with ups and downs, but averaging out to be mostly pretty much OK. However, this week, I had a few days where things were really bothering me to the point that I would have what I would call mini panic attacks. More chest breathing and hard to breathe from my belly (diaphragm). Lots of severe anxious thoughts. Had to take a couple breaks where I could go and just breathe deep and get my composure back. Felt a bit better after my therapist visit. But, basically coming to grips with the reality that I am out there now and have to figure it out without any meds to resort to. It's where I really want to be, but as we all know, it is very hard to do.

I'm hoping to get back in the conversation. Just wanted to let you know I did not disappear and am trying to figure out how to smooth the waves out. I have no doubt I will get there, just living through the process.

Thanks for 'listening'.

Hi Long Support Group Buddies. Have been trying to keep up, but had a busy week. Also, a down week. I've been generally marking time with ups and downs, but averaging out to be mostly pretty much OK. However, this week, I had a few days where things were really bothering me to the point that I would have what I would call mini panic attacks. More chest breathing and hard to breathe from my belly (diaphragm). Lots of severe anxious thoughts. Had to take a couple breaks where I could go and just breathe deep and get my composure back. Felt a bit better after my therapist visit. But, basically coming to grips with the reality that I am out there now and have to figure it out without any meds to resort to. It's where I really want to be, but as we all know, it is very hard to do.

I'm hoping to get back in the conversation. Just wanted to let you know I did not disappear and am trying to figure out how to smooth the waves out. I have no doubt I will get there, just living through the process.

Thanks for 'listening'.

We're all in this together!  Thanks for writing about your experiences....

SS

NJStrength-  It's a good thing you found that out about the company before you took the job!!!  I wish you luck in your job search!

TooManyBennies -  Glad to hear from you.  Anxiety is really rough.  I have been wrestling with it as well.  Why is it SO HARD to breathe the way we want to when are  having anxiety?

I actually almost posted how well things were going for me earlier today, but I knew that would jinx me to having a terrible night.  But I had a terrible night anyways.  I got all panicky and angry and made my husband come home from work, instead of going to drinks with his friends, to discuss with me why he said things behind my back to a mutual friend.  Well, it turns out I was wrong, and it was just normal talk and I got SO PARANOID.  I don't know what the heck is going on anymore.  I feel like I am finding evidence of things, but it all turns to be disproven. 

It feels like there's a little devil in my mind, who every few hours says to me, "You see how they are out to get you, right?".  I feel so on edge.

[b7...]