Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

HI everyone  :smitten:

Stopping by to say hello and an update .,

Things have been so slow for me this last year and half plus , it's hard to feel any progress. BUT , this last week I have  felt that my baseline is improving , wow me ! Not windows...... Those are still mysteriously absent , but I'm ok with a better baseline .

I've actually made some very small microcuts , I mean very small , and seem to be ok .,this is klonopin , so the WDs come on much faster in my experience , when I've tried it before .

Going back to holding now again . Will see what happens .

I actually discovered I'd  been taking more than i thought  , with my liquid , and had to adjust that , so I did get some bad WDs  from it , but they settled down , and I then made these little experimental microcuts , and have been pleasantly  surprised .

Perhaps the WDs from the Valium to k cross have also settled down more now too .

Feeling 🐢🐢like , but hopeful .,

Love, MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

Nova .... Happy for you that you got a glimpse of better days  :smitten:

Hope all the flus and things are passing for everyone ❤️

[glow=red,2,300]"Wonderful News"[/glow] I am so happy for you, keep on trucking and you will have your day in the sun all 🐢 do you know. Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

So glad you are here with us BEGOOD. Virus all gone? Hope so! And you are down to .6 mg!  Wayto go!  :thumbsup:

Heath :smitten:

I am getting better, but still some mending to do. Thanks for your ongoing support and concern. Stay Strong and continue to "Believe" that you are doing the right thing for you. Being a 🐢 pays off. "Patience and Time". 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

You said it BEGOOD! I will remember the turtle theory. Because it works!  I’m doing well for now. Just gotta keep it slow!

Glad you are on the mend!

Thanks for your undying support! :smitten: :smitten:

Glad you are here with us!

Heathcliff

Thanks Heath, and I think you are doing really well, keep up the good work and happy you are helping others. A Win-Win. :thumbsup: 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Heathcliff,

Thank you for the encouragement.  I plan to take it slow, all year if necessary.  Even if we have to go super slow, it will still be a tremendous victory.  I'm feeling much better today.  That seems to be my pattern (lately).  I feel worst the day I cut, next day very slightly better, by 4th day I'm pretty good.  Holds built in as symptoms or life dictate. The head pressure and pain is gruesome, the BP spikes frightening, but I have medication to take as needed which helps some.

There was a program on Public television about the opiod crisis.  Blamed, in large part, the pharmaceutical industry who knew the risks yet marketed very heavily to physicians and the public.  I hope one day the benzodiazepine crisis gets the same attention.

Thanks Begood  :smitten:

I'm so sorry you're still battling this cold . I can't believe how awful it feels along with te benzo issues . Just another stress I suppose. I made chicken soup for dinner , feels nourishing.

Take of yourself too BG xx

❤️

Hi Miyu,

Chicken soup definitely is nourishing. Actually any hot soup will do the trick.

I have read that it’s the warmth of the soup and the steam that the hot liquid sends into your mouth and nose is what really makes you feel good too. It opens up your breathing passages momentarily, and helps to loosen mucus.

So drink up that soup! Any kind! And feel better.

It took my really bad head cold about 8 days to go away little by little. But by the 9th day I was fine. Hang in there and stay warm. I think I had a bowl of soup almost every day!

Feel better! :thumbsup:

Heathcliff :smitten:

Heathcliff,

Thank you for the encouragement.  I plan to take it slow, all year if necessary.  Even if we have to go super slow, it will still be a tremendous victory.  I'm feeling much better today.  That seems to be my pattern (lately).  I feel worst the day I cut, next day very slightly better, by 4th day I'm pretty good.  Holds built in as symptoms or life dictate. The head pressure and pain is gruesome, the BP spikes frightening, but I have medication to take as needed which helps some.

There was a program on Public television about the opiod crisis.  Blamed, in large part, the pharmaceutical industry who knew the risks yet marketed very heavily to physicians and the public.  I hope one day the benzodiazepine crisis gets the same attention.

Yes! I actually wrote a letter to the local newspaper who did a big article on the opioid crisis. I told them to please do the same for the benzodiazepine crisis. But I got no response. I guess we are not at a crises big enough yet!!!!! @‘jfsa###$&*)(&!!M!!!!! It makes me so mad!

You are doing great with your taper! Holding when symptoms appear is what I do too. I too am going slow. It works!

Take care!

Heathcliff :smitten: :smitten:

Saw my doctor yesterday told him how bad I've been he gave me 5, 1mg kolopin to try in place of my xanax. I'm scared, I've been taking my dose at 3 and a half hours. I'm getting desperate. I asked for 10mgs of celexa,  got the generic. .. too scared yo even try it. Honestly scared of the kolopin.  He said I'm still withdrawalin from the 10mgs, I don't understand how I was doing so well no sxs then thus nightmare

Saw my doctor yesterday told him how bad I've been he gave me 5, 1mg kolopin to try in place of my xanax. I'm scared, I've been taking my dose at 3 and a half hours. I'm getting desperate. I asked for 10mgs of celexa,  got the generic. .. too scared yo even try it. Honestly scared of the kolopin.  He said I'm still withdrawalin from the 10mgs, I don't understand how I was doing so well no sxs then thus nightmare

Hi lost. I’m sorry you’re struggling right now. The only advice I can offer is to try to avoid making too many changes in meds and doses all at once. Hang in there and hope you feel better soon!  :)—V

Hi Valley, how are you doing, has those pesky sx settled down for you?. Glad you are back, we need your wisdom and support.🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Hi all:

Just an update, and a request for info if anybody has any-

Things have been going pretty well with this hold (at 1.76 and not moving for a while after last experience at 1.74) but I have been having some episodes of ectopic beats, tachycardia, and uncomfortable-tickly-pressure under my breastbone. I have an upcoming appt with cardiologist next week, but over the last couple of days - very stressful and busy, family visiting and lots of tooling around all over - my irregular beats and pain/soreness/under my ribcage got to be too much, and I went to my PDoc for an EKG. She said all good: bp low, pulse steady (she could not catch even one ectopic beat) blah blah. I left, and she called me back an hour later to say that she'd compared my ekg with my last one, and found an inverted T wave that might indicate ischemia, infarction, coronary artery disease, etc. The cardiologist has called to have me come in today to get an echo and a Holter. But the two have also talked, and cardio told her he has a very low index of suspicion that I have any heart damage - on paper at least I am too healthy. I eat Paleo, high good cholesterol and all inflammation markers are good, exercise and feel fine while doing so, etc. I also feel absolutely fine this morning. My Pdoc talked to the cardio, who said he had a "low index of suspicion" that I had heart damage (does that mean he thought I'd had a heart attack, I wonder???)

It is now about two days later - I had an echo and the tech didn't run from the room to call an ambulance or anything and I am wearing a Holter for 24 hours: felt some of the distress last night but heart is steady as a rock at the moment.

Has anyone else had an EKG/ T wave issue with an EKG during withdrawal - caused by withdrawal?? My stomach has been awful since the beginning of w/d from gabapentin, so could it still just be stomach/anxiety/w/d??

Any input welcome....

Calydex

I have no experience with cardio things but this I can TELL  you for sure...

You will rest easier if you talk straight talk with your doctor. Ask ALL THE QUESTIONS you have PUT HERE ON THIS POST.here. Ask hm everything yiu want to ask him(write it diwn first on paper so you don’t forget anything.. List everything you want to ask, before you pick up the phone or go to see him/her) then  do go see the doc with your list in your hand and get all your questions answered.

You will feel a lot better and you will have much less anxiety and worry.

Anxiety, worry, stress in itself can cause heart palpitations etc.

Take care!

Heathcliff :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Heath-

Echo was completely normal - no ischemia, no heart attack, no arrythmia (apart from PACs) and normal valves and heart walls. So I do feel reassured. Still waiting for the results of a 24 hour Holter but thinking this is more w/d stuff. Thanks all for your concern and support.

Hi Valley, how are you doing, has those pesky sx settled down for you?. Glad you are back, we need your wisdom and support.🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Hi BG! Today was ok with no major sxs.  I do get tremors once in a while but they never last more than a few minutes.

I hope you’re feeling better. You’re getting lower and lower and showing us all how it’s done.  :thumbsup:

Hi BG! Today was ok with no major sxs.  I do get tremors once in a while but they never last more than a few minutes.

I hope you’re feeling better. You’re getting lower and lower and showing us all how it’s done.  :thumbsup:

Just don't push to hard, but you know this. I am getting better. Yes 3 more days of taper and then I will be at 0.55mg of Valium. Still have a long time to go, as I like doing the month long holds after my 10 day tapers, it works so far for me, and I am not rushing anything always going to be a 🐢. :smitten:

Just don't push to hard, but you know this. I am getting better. Yes 3 more days of taper and then I will be at 0.55mg of Valium. Still have a long time to go, as I like doing the month long holds after my 10 day tapers, it works so far for me, and I am not rushing anything always going to be a 🐢. :smitten:

.55 is a huge victory! Congratulations!  :)—V

Way to go BG

You are an inspiration for us turtles....

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Hi there LostDD,

I know as a fellow Xanax user that when I got a longer half-life med on board that the crushing w/d from X was mitigated some.  K has a much longer half-life so there is some merit in switching over, although generally it is recommended that the switchover be gradual.  Would your doc be able to do for you if you returned to see them?

And I think Valley's suggestions are wise, you don't want to be doing too many changes at the same time.  It shocks the CNS and you won't know what is affecting what.  So you might want to switch over to the K, see how that goes and then see if you need to add an AD, the celexa.  But for now maybe sticking to benzos and trying to switch might be the way to go.. 

Best would be to have your doc offer to do a gradual switch.... 

And remember it all takes time for the CNS to settle down... for me, longer than I would have thought.

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

That's a really neat system - tapering 10 days, hold 30.  .55V  Nice Job!  :thumbsup:

thanks everyone for your support on the cold thing...with wds combined Ive been quite delirious today , no fever , but so out of it . Glad I could stay in my nest and just be sick!

I took a little extra Gabapentin and that helped a it. I've done it before  when things are really rough ,it helps. and then I don't seem to have any issues with dropping back down to my usual dose. which by the way is 300 mgs now! so  have made some progress with that . I don't notice such severe wds from Gabapentin, I definitely feel it , but nothing like the K. And an extra 100 mgs when needed doesn't seem to do me any harm.

Anyway  , really hoping I'll feel more sane tomorrow.

HAs anyone else felt kind of delirious during their taper when they have a cold or flu ?

oy....life can certainly throw some curveballs

hope everyone is doing ok , or better ,

love, Miyu 

hmm using a new laptop and it won't let me use emojis , thats not right!

The cold / flu has been making everything so much worse. Im dizzy, nauseous and extra icky.

Valley & SS

He gave me my normal supply of xanax and the 5 are to try out whenever I feel comfortable, he knows I don't ever take anything. Lol, he's very understanding. My therapist can't write meds, but he is okay writing what me and her agree on. I've been in a very vad habit of if I take my normal dose and I'm still in bad shape taking a extra half.  Happens maybe 2xs a week. I feel so hopeless. I don't barely leave my bed, I shower ever like 2 to 3 days, I can't handle light or much sound. Everything is like sensory over load. I was taking 25mg phengen a day and that's  the only medicine  he isn't okay with me taking that much, so I'm trying to only do 2 a day. I have to take it with my night dose to sleep. I was trying 50mgs of vistril and it did nothing. I am so scared,I just want my mind back. I live in a state of derealization that I honestly can't survive. I'm alone with my 2 kids all day luckily,my oldest is 17 , but he's basically rasing his brother who's 5. I have zero support. This is no life.

This is such an active board I can’t find who responded to me a couple weeks ago. Thanks I appreciate the support! I’m still making tiny cuts and holding and this is the most stable I’ve ever been. I am living a pretty full life. I have had some bad insomnia but I’ve had that many times before so it’s bearable. I think the long hold is a great solution and at .05 klonopin I’m okay to keep going at a snails pace. Hope everyone is doing well and getting some sleep out there!

Hi Valley, how are you doing, has those pesky sx settled down for you?. Glad you are back, we need your wisdom and support. Peace. :smitten:

Just don't push to hard, but you know this. I am getting better. Yes 3 more days of taper and then I will be at 0.55mg of Valium. Still have a long time to go, as I like doing the month long holds after my 10 day tapers, it works so far for me, and I am not rushing anything always going to be a . :smitten:

That's a really neat system - tapering 10 days, hold 30.  .55V  Nice Job!  :thumbsup:

WowBG Now you’re almost at .55 . Yes indeed the turtles are winning the race with you at the head of the class!  You sure now how to do it! I wish everyone could have the success you are experiencing! And so many of us here also know the struggles you have had and did not give up! You certainly are the picture of a true gladiator! So happy for you and so glad you are here to show us the way!

I wish you only good things as you slide off your Benzo-poison. And I just know it will be an easy slide because of the way you are turtling along!

All the best! ❤️

Heath

ATU,

Just want to say I'm sorry about your Dad.  I know how that is in that I lost mine 3 years ago... followed by my Mom last year... followed by found out sister is sociopath/narcissist and stole lots of stuff... followed by HUGE intense withdrawal/ illness on mirtazapine.

You are right, when it rains it pours, huh?  Every time I've thought it can't get worse-- it has gotten worse!

But I figure the odds are things have to stabilize and get better now ;)

Hope you are hanging in.

Thanks it is working well for me, just slight blippy things that are doable and leave quickly when they come. Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Hi Valley, how are you doing, has those pesky sx settled down for you?. Glad you are back, we need your wisdom and support. Peace. :smitten:

Just don't push to hard, but you know this. I am getting better. Yes 3 more days of taper and then I will be at 0.55mg of Valium. Still have a long time to go, as I like doing the month long holds after my 10 day tapers, it works so far for me, and I am not rushing anything always going to be a . :smitten:

WowBG Now you’re almost at .55 . Yes indeed the turtles are winning the race with you at the head of the class!  You sure now how to do it! I wish everyone could have the success you are experiencing! And so many of us here also know the struggles you have had and did not give up! You certainly are the picture of a true gladiator! So happy for you and so glad you are here to show us the way!

I wish you only good things as you slide off your Benzo-poison. And I just know it will be an easy slide because of the way you are turtling along!

All the best! ❤️

Heath

From one 🐢 to another 🐢 you have become a good teacher to all here and you have come so far from your early days, very Proud of you. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Hello fellow turtles!  Just dropping by to do a little catching up and to report on 6 months out (can't recall whether I already did - so apologies if repetitive :idiot:).

I am well and happy!  Very well.  Post-taper continues to go very nicely with continued improvement.  I hope to be 100% in the next few months.  I am living a full and joyous life and look forward to each and every one of you joining me.

Current sxs:  MILD, MILD, MILD    (T, neck tension, foot tingling)

All the best, always :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello fellow turtles!  Just dropping by to do a little catching up and to report on 6 months out (can't recall whether I already did - so apologies if repetitive :idiot:).

I am well and happy!  Very well.  Post-taper continues to go very nicely with continued improvement.  I hope to be 100% in the next few months.  I am living a full and joyous life and look forward to each and every one of you joining me.

That’s so awesome lynn!  :thumbsup:

Such a wonderful post, thanks for letting us know how you are doing. No apologies ever, Lynn you have helped so many with your tenacity and not giving in to the benzo beaver. We here at BB are so blessed to have another Warrior back to Life :thumbsup:. Have the best time.  🕊 Peace. :smitten:

[41...]