Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi all:

Just an update, and a request for info if anybody has any-

Things have been going pretty well with this hold (at 1.76 and not moving for a while after last experience at 1.74) but I have been having some episodes of ectopic beats, tachycardia, and uncomfortable-tickly-pressure under my breastbone. I have an upcoming appt with cardiologist next week, but over the last couple of days - very stressful and busy, family visiting and lots of tooling around all over - my irregular beats and pain/soreness/under my ribcage got to be too much, and I went to my PDoc for an EKG. She said all good: bp low, pulse steady (she could not catch even one ectopic beat) blah blah. I left, and she called me back an hour later to say that she'd compared my ekg with my last one, and found an inverted T wave that might indicate ischemia, infarction, coronary artery disease, etc. The cardiologist has called to have me come in today to get an echo and a Holter. But the two have also talked, and cardio told her he has a very low index of suspicion that I have any heart damage - on paper at least I am too healthy. I eat Paleo, high good cholesterol and all inflammation markers are good, exercise and feel fine while doing so, etc. I also feel absolutely fine this morning. My Pdoc talked to the cardio, who said he had a "low index of suspicion" that I had heart damage (does that mean he thought I'd had a heart attack, I wonder???)

It is now about two days later - I had an echo and the tech didn't run from the room to call an ambulance or anything and I am wearing a Holter for 24 hours: felt some of the distress last night but heart is steady as a rock at the moment.

Has anyone else had an EKG/ T wave issue with an EKG during withdrawal - caused by withdrawal?? My stomach has been awful since the beginning of w/d from gabapentin, so could it still just be stomach/anxiety/w/d??

Any input welcome....

Hi CallyDex,

I have no experience in the cardiology department at all.  It sounds as though your docs are on top of it all though!  I hope that the Holter shows that it is bans related sxs.....

Thanks for letting us know what you've been dealing with and I hope others chime in soon...

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Cally,

Good luck with dealing with this. I would suggest that you ask all the questions you need and get answers. Don't wonder if they thought you had a heart attack--make sure you ask them if they think you had a heart attack. Many people who are perfectly healthy can have a cardiac event (and not saying that to scare you! Just want to make sure your doctors are being thorough!).

Miyu,

So glad to read you are feeling better and your baseline is improving.

It’s also great to read Begood comments and her back.

I am still fighting this cold from hell and now after burrying my Sister just in October last my Dad passed last night, It never rains but pours eh!

Oh well life keeps handing me all this crap almost like it says no way are you getting off this stuff.

I’ll have to make arrangements now to get this done. I’ll be silent for a while yet.

Stay well everyone.  :thumbsup:

ATU🙏

Cally,

Good luck with dealing with this. I would suggest that you ask all the questions you need and get answers. Don't wonder if they thought you had a heart attack--make sure you ask them if they think you had a heart attack. Many people who are perfectly healthy can have a cardiac event (and not saying that to scare you! Just want to make sure your doctors are being thorough!).

I am quite sure they are erring on the side of caution - have dealt with them both for years. But you are right - I will indeed ask the hard questions.

Thanks

Miyu,

I am still fighting this cold from hell and now after burrying my Sister just in October last my Dad passed last night, It never rains but pours eh!

Oh well life keeps handing me all this crap almost like it says no way are you getting off this stuff.

I’ll have to make arrangements now to get this done. I’ll be silent for a while yet.

ATU🙏

ATU,I am so sorry to hear of your Fathers passing. Stay Strong. Praying and thinking of you always. 🕊 Peace.

"Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity".

~Terri Guillemets~

Cally,

I have also had episodes of my heart feeling like it has abberrant beats.  My EKG is always normal when I get it checked out.  Did you just have one inverted t-wave or were they all inverted?  Good to get it checked though for peace of mind if nothing else.

TooManyBennys,

Congratulations on your jump.  You amazed me with your rapid taper.  I would be bedridden if I went that fast.  I hope it is smooth sailing for you and any waves are small and short lived.

Heathcliff,

I relate to you and how even the tiniest cuts affect you.  It is the same for me.  I am weary of my two year taper but afraid to jump too soon for fear of protracted.  My cut of 0.005 two days ago has me feeling rough. Even a .0005 cut is difficult, but I want off this year if possible.  It is the headaches that are the worst for me. 

Miyu,

It is about time you caught a break.  So sorry for the loss of your sister and father.  I hope your improved baseline will continue.  You amaze me with your strength.  You are still in the turtle race and have not given up despite a rough time.

For all of you, you inspire me so much, Begood, Valley, ATU, SS and everyone 

whose posts I read daily, thank you.  Your sharing your troubles and triumphs have kept me going.

Will def ask if "all" or "some were inverted - both docs said was subtle and I have seen on the boards that many people have had that appear and disappear...guess we'll see - thanks

Miyu,

ATU🙏

Oh ATU,

Take good care of yourself..... We'll be thinking o you during this time...

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Wow! VALLEY!

Youve dropped about 6 mg V in  about11 months! Wow! How did you do that! That’s incredible! Far out!

I am going so slow! Blah! I am trying to speed it up just a tad. I’ll see what happens.... but I could never go as fast as you!Way to go!

Keep it up! All the best!  Heathcliff

Thanks Heath! I’m not intentionally going fast lol. If you look at my signature you can see I slow down and speed up depending on how my body is reacting. I’ve tried to stick to a symptom based taper.  :)—V

Valley kudos for getting to 2mg, but hold if you do not feel well. Time goes faster than you think. Heal and be Well. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Thanks BG! I will definitely hold if necessary. Hope you can beat your nasty cold.  Today has been good so far...  :)—V

Wow! VALLEY!

Youve dropped about 6 mg V in  about11 months! Wow! How did you do that! That’s incredible! Far out!

I am going so slow! Blah! I am trying to speed it up just a tad. I’ll see what happens.... but I could never go as fast as you!Way to go!

Keep it up! All the best!  Heathcliff

Thanks Heath! I’m not intentionally going fast lol. If you look at my signature you can see I slow down and speed up depending on how my body is reacting. I’ve tried to stick to a symptom based taper.  :)—V

That is a pretty impressive drop over the last year, Valley. Hope the sxs you noted from yesterday stay manageable and don't set you back.

Thanks TMB. Not many sxs today.  :)—V

Miyu,

ATU🙏

So sorry about your father ATU. Thoughts and prayers are with you.  :)—V

Miyu,

ATU🙏

Valley,

Thank you.

It was sort of expected,..he was 93 and his one kidney he had left was failing. Doctors said maybe two weeks but it was actually only hours after he was finally admitted to a room. Glad he went fast though. He was not the sort to linger. I will get through it and past it and ready to face the next test.

Blessings to you Valley. 🙏

ATU 🙏

ATU,I am so sorry to hear of your Fathers passing. Stay Strong. Praying and thinking of you always. 🕊 Peace.

"Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity".

~Terri Guillemets~

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging responses  :smitten:

ATU , I'm so sorry you lost your father . I do hope it won't cause you too much distress , though I know it can't be easy . Take care of yourself as best you can . 🙏🏻

Begood, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well , hang in there  :therethere:  :smitten:

Cally, hope all is well with your heart . I get weird heart stuff , I think it's quite common . I don't worry about it too much . ❤️

I unfortunately started coming down with something last night myself , ugh . Sore throat and head cold . So I feel horrible again today! Oh well, this too shall pass . I feel like the slowest turtle ever. 🐢

I'm hoping my improved baseline 'holds' . It's still hard to make any real progress with a taper , but Im praying at some point I'll be moving along .

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Begood, freeme & Miyu,

You are all so kind to be so supportive. I am in Day 12 of my cold. Still having breathing issues and still using puffers. I heard this particular cold/flu lasts three weeks so I probably have a few more days of it yet,...but it’s only a cold and I can cope.

Thank you all for your kind words at my loss.

I don’t deserve such a supportive group of fellow souls as you. It is much appreciated.

ATU🙏❤️❤️

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging responses  :smitten:

ATU , I'm so sorry you lost your father . I do hope it won't cause you too much distress , though I know it can't be easy . Take care of yourself as best you can . 🙏🏻

Begood, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well , hang in there  :therethere:  :smitten:

Cally, hope all is well with your heart . I get weird heart stuff , I think it's quite common . I don't worry about it too much . ❤️

I unfortunately started coming down with something last night myself , ugh . Sore throat and head cold . So I feel horrible again today! Oh well, this too shall pass . I feel like the slowest turtle ever. 🐢

I'm hoping my improved baseline 'holds' . It's still hard to make any real progress with a taper , but Im praying at some point I'll be moving along .

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

MiYu, take care of you, chicken noodle soup, and NyQuil cold/flu, helped me a lot, I have been battling this since Dec 29th, but it is much better, but still not 100%, but I am thankful it was not the flu. Stay Strong and hope that you feel better soon. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Thanks Begood  :smitten:

I'm so sorry you're still battling this cold . I can't believe how awful it feels along with te benzo issues . Just another stress I suppose. I made chicken soup for dinner , feels nourishing.

Take of yourself too BG xx

❤️

Hi all:

Just an update, and a request for info if anybody has any-

Things have been going pretty well with this hold (at 1.76 and not moving for a while after last experience at 1.74) but I have been having some episodes of ectopic beats, tachycardia, and uncomfortable-tickly-pressure under my breastbone. I have an upcoming appt with cardiologist next week, but over the last couple of days - very stressful and busy, family visiting and lots of tooling around all over - my irregular beats and pain/soreness/under my ribcage got to be too much, and I went to my PDoc for an EKG. She said all good: bp low, pulse steady (she could not catch even one ectopic beat) blah blah. I left, and she called me back an hour later to say that she'd compared my ekg with my last one, and found an inverted T wave that might indicate ischemia, infarction, coronary artery disease, etc. The cardiologist has called to have me come in today to get an echo and a Holter. But the two have also talked, and cardio told her he has a very low index of suspicion that I have any heart damage - on paper at least I am too healthy. I eat Paleo, high good cholesterol and all inflammation markers are good, exercise and feel fine while doing so, etc. I also feel absolutely fine this morning. My Pdoc talked to the cardio, who said he had a "low index of suspicion" that I had heart damage (does that mean he thought I'd had a heart attack, I wonder???)

It is now about two days later - I had an echo and the tech didn't run from the room to call an ambulance or anything and I am wearing a Holter for 24 hours: felt some of the distress last night but heart is steady as a rock at the moment.

Has anyone else had an EKG/ T wave issue with an EKG during withdrawal - caused by withdrawal?? My stomach has been awful since the beginning of w/d from gabapentin, so could it still just be stomach/anxiety/w/d??

Any input welcome....

Calydex

I have no experience with cardio things but this I can TELL  you for sure...

You will rest easier if you talk straight talk with your doctor. Ask ALL THE QUESTIONS you have PUT HERE ON THIS POST.here. Ask hm everything yiu want to ask him(write it diwn first on paper so you don’t forget anything.. List everything you want to ask, before you pick up the phone or go to see him/her) then  do go see the doc with your list in your hand and get all your questions answered.

You will feel a lot better and you will have much less anxiety and worry.

Anxiety, worry, stress in itself can cause heart palpitations etc.

Take care!

Heathcliff :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

HI everyone  :smitten:

Stopping by to say hello and an update .,

Things have been so slow for me this last year and half plus , it's hard to feel any progress. BUT , this last week I have  felt that my baseline is improving , wow me ! Not windows...... Those are still mysteriously absent , but I'm ok with a better baseline .

I've actually made some very small microcuts , I mean very small , and seem to be ok .,this is klonopin , so the WDs come on much faster in my experience , when I've tried it before .

Going back to holding now again . Will see what happens .

I actually discovered I'd  been taking more than i thought  , with my liquid , and had to adjust that , so I did get some bad WDs  from it , but they settled down , and I then made these little experimental microcuts , and have been pleasantly  surprised .

Perhaps the WDs from the Valium to k cross have also settled down more now too .

Feeling 🐢🐢like , but hopeful .,

Love, MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

Nova .... Happy for you that you got a glimpse of better days  :smitten:

Hope all the flus and things are passing for everyone ❤️

[glow=red,2,300]"Wonderful News"[/glow] I am so happy for you, keep on trucking and you will have your day in the sun all 🐢 do you know. Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

So glad you are here with us BEGOOD. Virus all gone? Hope so! And you are down to .6 mg!  Wayto go!  :thumbsup:

Heath :smitten:

I am getting better, but still some mending to do. Thanks for your ongoing support and concern. Stay Strong and continue to "Believe" that you are doing the right thing for you. Being a 🐢 pays off. "Patience and Time". 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

You said it BEGOOD! I will remember the turtle theory. Because it works!  I’m doing well for now. Just gotta keep it slow!

Glad you are on the mend!

Thanks for your undying support! :smitten: :smitten:

Glad you are here with us!

Heathcliff

Cally,

I have also had episodes of my heart feeling like it has abberrant beats.  My EKG is always normal when I get it checked out.  Did you just have one inverted t-wave or were they all inverted?  Good to get it checked though for peace of mind if nothing else.

TooManyBennys,

Congratulations on your jump.  You amazed me with your rapid taper.  I would be bedridden if I went that fast.  I hope it is smooth sailing for you and any waves are small and short lived.

Heathcliff,

I relate to you and how even the tiniest cuts affect you.  It is the same for me.  I am weary of my two year taper but afraid to jump too soon for fear of protracted.  My cut of 0.005 two days ago has me feeling rough. Even a .0005 cut is difficult, but I want off this year if possible.  It is the headaches that are the worst for me. 

Miyu,

It is about time you caught a break.  So sorry for the loss of your sister and father.  I hope your improved baseline will continue.  You amaze me with your strength.  You are still in the turtle race and have not given up despite a rough time.

For all of you, you inspire me so much, Begood, Valley, ATU, SS and everyone 

whose posts I read daily, thank you.  Your sharing your troubles and triumphs have kept me going.

Wow Ginger mint!

You are so low in your dose!

You are almost there!

Don’t rush too fast now...they say it gets harder the lower you go, so be careful and dont go too  fast, don’t want to mess things up now!

Feel good,

Heathcliff

Miyu,

ATU🙏

Valley,

Thank you.

It was sort of expected,..he was 93 and his one kidney he had left was failing. Doctors said maybe two weeks but it was actually only hours after he was finally admitted to a room. Glad he went fast though. He was not the sort to linger. I will get through it and past it and ready to face the next test.

Blessings to you Valley. 🙏

ATU 🙏

So sorry about your dad, ATU.

But he is at peace now.  You will feel better in time,. Be strong  you have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy

Cling to your loved ones for support. It will help a lot.

Heathcliff :smitten:

MiYu,

Agree with you, when I make chicken veggie soup it does feel nourishing to me.  Maybe it helps?  I can't always make it but  it is good!

Hey is there anyone very good at calculating tapering dosages?  Somehow I am confused and could use some help.  I never quite crossed over to valium and want to at least do a bit more.  Only on .05 clonopin, so it a tiny calculation...

tx.

[6d...]