Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

MiYu,

Green tea has natural L-Theanine in it. Have you tried drinking green tea?  It comes decaffeinated  so it won’t keep you up. It’s made by Celestial brand tea. Easy to find in regular grocery stores.

I drink it all the time, especially when I wake in the middle of the night. It helps me get sleepy again and back to sleep.

Heathcliff :thumbsup:

I'm with Bluepill and Atu and Barbara today , worst day I've had in a while .

I get this feeling lie, every cell in my body is tensed , contracted , wound up so I could snap . It's the most horrible feeling .

I ate some chocolate yesterday , anyone here found It made their symptoms worse? I know it does for some .

Ah well. Tomorrow is another day . A better one I hope .

Laying in bed watching The Crown . I am grateful I can do that.

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️🌟🌟🌟🌟🕊🕊🕊🕊❤️❤️❤️❤️

Begood , thank you for always encouraging us and your strength, you are an inspiration  :smitten:

🎅 Oh MiYu you are such a sweetheart, you are always in My Prayers. Now if only Cant would return for Christmas and let us know he is alright, I know everyone misses him. Maybe we will have another Christmas Miracle. Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Miyu,

I used to be able to eat a little chocolate. I would have just two squares of extra dark chocolate every evening. But now that I am lower it seems to aggravate my stomach and my digestion is suddenly so sensitive. I now have to leave it and other such snacks alone. Now I snack only on rice cakes. ???

I have found that Passion flower tea is very calming. Some people on here say don’t take it while others say take it. I even read on the net that in some places it is used to help in recovery for alcoholics.

It seems to me that it really is that way with most herbs and supplements, we are all different so we have to experiment to find what works best.

Stay positive and love who you are and who you will become at the end of this trial. :thumbsup:

ATU🙏🎅🏻

Hi everyone,

I wanted to drop in to say that I am reading everything that is being written about.

Miyu I so understand your description of what this can feel like. "every cell in the body feeling tense."  I hope that you get some relief from that soon.  i know that Chocolate can get me really hyped sometimes....

And I know how weird the holidays can be.  So much depression and a sense of things simply not being right.  We really decided to cancel Xmas this year mostly..... Its taken the pressure off so that I think I'll just enjoy some corny Xmas movies.  (We're having seared tuna for Xmas dinner.... how's that for traditional!)

I hope that we all can rest and sleep and enjoy some part of this time.... Valley, ATU, Blupill, Heath, Buddie56, BarbaraA,  My motto seems to be that "we're all in this together" even on those days when it seems like we are alone in this ordeal...

Thank you as always BG for your words....

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Hi,

Just checking into the group.

After several short term uses of V over the last 20 years I got addicted due to ignorant Dr's and 2 weeks in a psych ward where I was poly drugged and my V was increased to cover an SSRI that i reacted strongly to. V up to 15mg and lyrica added as well. After 6 weeks I was tapered forcibly to zero and lasted 4 weeks and was only allowed to reinstate at 12mg. I didn't ever stabilise as such and the depression and anxiety just kept on getting worse. I blamed lyrica and cut from 300mg to zero in just over 6 months but still my mentel health continued to decline. 

I'm off lyrica but still poly drugged and just started a liquid taper last week. I've only dropped 2% of my total dose in this time through daily cuts and haven't reacted well with lots of anxiety etc. so I think I'm in the right group here as I'm going to have to hold for a while after each and every cut.

Staz

Hi buddies! Have been traveling for the last two weeks, so I have not been checking in. Hope that everyone is ready to enjoy the holidays.

I have continued my daily liquid micro taper and am now at less than a quarter of a milligram daily (.23mg). More importantly, I have ended my daytime dose and only take the bedtime dose.

I wish you all peace, joy .... and relief!

Dear Staz:

Welcome to the group! Sorry you are having so many issues. A long hold can really help. I am now down to where I was last February, and then I was completely a mess. While I still have some symptoms much better now! A long hold I think helped my body to heal. Good luck.

Hi,

Glad I found this page. The last few days weren't too awful but when I woke up today the pain in my stomach was really bad. Been up now for 5 hours, took my dose an hour and a half ago. A little better but the anxiety is the worst. I just want the holidays to be over. Every fiber of my body is so tense. Meditation doesn't seem to help, nothing helps. All I can do is crawl under the covers and hide. I'm alone except for the cat. Holding off on tapering any more until I get more stabilized. Hopefully once Christmas is over I'll be better. Lost my husband 7 years ago on 12/20 which is also my birthday. Now I hate my birthday. At least I got through that day. Don't know how long I'll be in the holding pattern but I am not taking my doctor's advice that I taper down every three weeks. Can't even think about eating, no appetite so I'm using organic meal replacement drinks.

My best wishes to everyone  :smitten:

Hi buddies! Have been traveling for the last two weeks, so I have not been checking in. Hope that everyone is ready to enjoy the holidays.

I have continued my daily liquid micro taper and am now at less than a quarter of a milligram daily (.23mg). More importantly, I have ended my daytime dose and only take the bedtime dose.

Great to hear your update TMB's.... And way to go with the taper!  Inspirational!

Peace to you as well during this time.

:smitten:

SS

Hi,

Just checking into the group.

After several short term uses of V over the last 20 years I got addicted due to ignorant Dr's and 2 weeks in a psych ward where I was poly drugged and my V was increased to cover an SSRI that i reacted strongly to. V up to 15mg and lyrica added as well. After 6 weeks I was tapered forcibly to zero and lasted 4 weeks and was only allowed to reinstate at 12mg. I didn't ever stabilise as such and the depression and anxiety just kept on getting worse. I blamed lyrica and cut from 300mg to zero in just over 6 months but still my mentel health continued to decline. 

I'm off lyrica but still poly drugged and just started a liquid taper last week. I've only dropped 2% of my total dose in this time through daily cuts and haven't reacted well with lots of anxiety etc. so I think I'm in the right group here as I'm going to have to hold for a while after each and every cut.

Staz

Hi Staz and welcome.  It sure does sound like you've made a lot of changes in a short while with meds.  I'm hoping that you have some medical folks who are helpful and trustworthy atm??  The lyrica may have been doing more than you know in helping with depression and anxiety.  I know that I am tapering off benzos first and then will see about the Mirt that helps with my sleep.  That'll be my last step, and that's just me.  We all have to do what is best for our individual physiology... :thumbsup:

I know that holds have helped me when things seemed to be in chaos internally!!!

And as a result of holding I can now do a DLMT in a way that isn't too sxs ridden.

Wishing you the best!

SS

72135e831fab4b563d3ad49a3626b3a3.jpg

Merry Christmas LHSG, Once again I am spending Christmas here at BB, but I have a Family of many here to share this Glorious Day, honestly if not here my Christmas would be too sad, I am sure I am not alone in these feelings and I am grateful to this Forum and all of My Friends. May Healing find all of you in the coming months. Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace. 🕊

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year".~Charles Dickens

Great to hear your update TMB's.... And way to go with the taper!  Inspirational!

Peace to you as well during this time.

:smitten:

SS

Thanks SS! All the best.

Merry Christmas LHSG, Once again I am spending Christmas here at BB, but I have a Family of many here to share this Glorious Day, honestly if not here my Christmas would be too sad, I am sure I am not alone in these feelings and I am grateful to this Forum and all of My Friends. May Healing find all of you in the coming months. Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace. 🕊

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year".~Charles Dickens

Merry Christmas BG!

Dropping in to wish all the Merriest of Christmas's and peace, wellness and happiness in the New Year.

I think of you often. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lynnn33,

So glad to read how well you are doing after your summer jump.  :smitten:

Merry Christmas

ATU🙏

Lynn,

Your jump and good tidings afterward are an inspiration for me. So happy for You!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for staying with us with your good wishes!

Best of Merry Christmases and Happiest of New Years to you and all your loved ones.

Heath :smitten:

Hi,

Glad I found this page. The last few days weren't too awful but when I woke up today the pain in my stomach was really bad. Been up now for 5 hours, took my dose an hour and a half ago. A little better but the anxiety is the worst. I just want the holidays to be over. Every fiber of my body is so tense. Meditation doesn't seem to help, nothing helps. All I can do is crawl under the covers and hide. I'm alone except for the cat. Holding off on tapering any more until I get more stabilized. Hopefully once Christmas is over I'll be better. Lost my husband 7 years ago on 12/20 which is also my birthday. Now I hate my birthday. At least I got through that day. Don't know how long I'll be in the holding pattern but I am not taking my doctor's advice that I taper down every three weeks. Can't even think about eating, no appetite so I'm using organic meal replacement drinks.

My best wishes to everyone  :smitten:

Hi barnangel! We’re glad you found your way here. Sorry for the stress you’re feeling st this time of year. It sounds like you have a good plan to hold and let things settle as well as getting some nitrition. Hope things get bette soon!  :)—V

Such wonderful Christmas wishes. Such a great group of friends to have. I’m so thankful for all of you and know we will make it through this! Merry Christmas everyone! :)—V

Such wonderful Christmas wishes. Such a great group of friends to have. I’m so thankful for all of you and know we will make it through this! Merry Christmas everyone! :)—V

🎅 Your'e the best and [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE. too."[/glow]. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

[move] 🐔                                                        🐔                                    🐔                            🐔                                      🐔 [/move]

Hi everybody,

Hope you all had a great Christmas and are still enjoying the holidays.

That was the toughest Christmas I ever got through in my tapering years yet.

All the company the noise the kids the commotion. It was just too much to take in. I did find way to disappear for small snippets of quiet but only a few minutes at a time. Today I feel totally exhausted.

My stomach is in knots and I am useless. :-X

Enjoy the rest of it.  :thumbsup:

ATU🙏

[56...]