Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

This sounds strange but has anyone experienced acid reflux or GERD from Valium withdrawal?

I’ve got what I think is acid reflux in my throat for the past four or five days.

Just now thought it might have to do with withdrawal, although I never had it before during my whole tapering process.

Lots of new crazy things  have been happening lately. Maybe it has to do with that noro-virus I had last week? Who knows?

:idiot::o

Heathcliff

This sounds strange but has anyone experienced acid reflux or GERD from Valium withdrawal?

I’ve got what I think is acid reflux in my throat for the past four or five days.

Just now thought it might have to do with withdrawal, although I never had it before during my whole tapering process.

Lots of new crazy things  have been happening lately. Maybe it has to do with that noro-virus I had last week? Who knows?

Heathcliff

I think I am having terrible stomach symptoms as a function of getting below 2M V - and a lot of it is not exactly reflux but a stomach that feels like a basketball and a ton of burping - as well as the PACs. I envy you your low level of V: I seem to get a few good days followed by a few really difficult days: can't even imagine cutting any more right now: just want to be stable over the holidays. That's what I wish us all: stability over the holidays. I love my family and I am dying to spend time with them, but the stress of preparation has me up at night and I am sure it is not helping my w/d symptoms

Heathcliff

I think I am having terrible stomach symptoms as a function of getting below 2M V - and a lot of it is not exactly reflux but a stomach that feels like a basketball and a ton of burping - as well as the PACs. I envy you your low level of V: I seem to get a few good days followed by a few really difficult days: can't even imagine cutting any more right now: just want to be stable over the holidays. That's what I wish us all: stability over the holidays. I love my family and I am dying to spend time with them, but the stress of preparation has me up at night and I am sure it is not helping my w/d symptoms

Cally,

I feel the same way. I am experiencing terrible stomach issues and I have the burbing and a constant feeling of constipation in my left lower back. I’m sure the Holidays have a lot to do with it in my case as well. We need to practice relaxation, that’s what we need. I’m hoping that after the Holidays I will start feeling better. That’s what a I want for Christmas is to just feel normal again. :sick:

Hang in there.

ATU🙏

I just wanted to post this today....

This morning I talked to my sister , and I Laughed more than I have in probably three years. I really laughed! :laugh: :laugh:

It felt so good , and healing , even though my stomach hurt! It just kind of came over me , i suddenly wanted to laugh, and we ended up laughing and joking, she was wiping her eyes she was laughing so much :laugh:

Man these drugs are weird , but it certainly made me feel a bit more human and lighter than I have in some time.

Grateful.

Here's to more laughter  ;D

love to all,

Miyu :smitten:

Miyu,

this is such a delicious post from you. Laughter, yes.  When we can laugh everything else falls away...

Here's to fun and laughter in the New Year, and before!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Boy have I been complaining lately.

My neck spasms are ALL GONE! But now my back is acting up.

Not really complaining, just venting. I know it’s benzo crap and it will all be gone one day when I am off the Valium completely....it’s just sooo frustrating!

Hangin in  Here and still slowing down....no matter how long it takes...I’ll be here with you all

Heathcliff.  Forever with you, buddies! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

MiYu- So nice to hear about your laughing.  That sounds lovely.

Heathcliff - I'm right there with you on the back pain front.  Oh boy, it hurts me so much.  I had a massage a week and a half ago and two days later the knot was back to tight as ever.  I'm so frustrated with it. 

I had a very crazy day yesterday, after a terrible night's sleep, I started arguing inside my head and felt like my husband was controlling some of my thoughts.  :crazy:

So, I think that was spurred on by a very anxious state and lack of sleep ?  :-\  I even like knew it wasn't right to accuse him or get angry at him for anything, but I'll be damned if I knew what to do with my anger.  It was definitely a very crazy moment and I ended up just crying. 

I tried to tell him about it later and I ended up not being able to make sense to him about it.  I ended up just crying and whining about benzo withdrawal.  Today was much better after a better night's sleep.

I saw a movie on Netflix called, "Concussion" and I've been thinking of writing to that doctor to tell him about benzos and ask for his help in spreading the truth.  Kind of long shot but what can it hurt really.

I just wanted to post this today....

This morning I talked to my sister , and I Laughed more than I have in probably three years. I really laughed! :laugh: :laugh:

It felt so good , and healing , even though my stomach hurt! It just kind of came over me , i suddenly wanted to laugh, and we ended up laughing and joking, she was wiping her eyes she was laughing so much :laugh:

Man these drugs are weird , but it certainly made me feel a bit more human and lighter than I have in some time.

Grateful.

Here's to more laughter  ;D

love to all,

Miyu :smitten:

Miyu,

this is such a delicious post from you. Laughter, yes.  When we can laugh everything else falls away...

Here's to fun and laughter in the New Year, and before!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Thanks SS , Greencup, and Heath  :smitten: :smitten:

Unfortunately whatever that little laughter window was , it closed ! My symptoms are back up today . However , I don't think this should exclude laughter  :laugh:;D

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

My blood pressure usually rides around 123/82.

But the last few readings I have made show it at 117/71. Has anyone noticed that as they hold or taper and hold that their blood pressure shows lows like this?

I know this is not a major catastrophe these readings, it’s just that it is not my normal.

Thanks

ATU🙏

But the last few readings I have made show it at 117/71. Has anyone noticed that as they hold or taper and hold that their blood pressure shows lows like this?

I know this is not a major catastrophe these readings, it’s just that it is not my normal.

Thanks

ATU🙏

Mine fluctuates between high and low.  :)—V

Thanks

ATU🙏

🎅 I think that your meditating and calmness may be keeping your B/P below what you are used to, but I know some that would love to have those numbers, it could very well be that your normal has changed, things do change with our body at times. Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace.  :smitten:

Thanks

ATU🙏

🎅 I think that your meditating and calmness may be keeping your B/P below what you are used to, but I know some that would love to have those numbers, it could very well be that your normal has changed, things do change with our body at times. Stay Strong. 🕊 Peace.  :smitten:

Begood,

Thanks, I know you are right and it is a little thing when compared to to larger picture. I guess I just fixate on stupid things like this. I monitor my Bp every day not because I am obsessed you understand. I started monitoring it years ago when my Doctor at the time thought I had high blood pressure. It was only ever high when taken in a doctors office setting. Anyway I then stated using it to predict whether I was ready for another cut or not. That too turned out to be unpredictable but I kept it up all the same. I also monitor and record daily my heart rate and my blood oxygenation.

Call me crazy!  :idiot:

It seems to be low last few day concurrently with this recent bout of either gastritis or IBS I am having. I should have learned by now that if healing as we drop is not linear why would body function readings be any more reliable. Oh well.

Thanks for the feedback. 🎅🏻

ATU🙏  :smitten:

Thanks

ATU🙏

Begood,

Thanks, I know you are right and it is a little thing when compared to to larger picture. I guess I just fixate on stupid things like this. I monitor my Bp every day not because I am obsessed you understand. I started monitoring it years ago when my Doctor at the time thought I had high blood pressure. It was only ever high when taken in a doctors office setting. Anyway I then stated using it to predict whether I was ready for another cut or not. That too turned out to be unpredictable but I kept it up all the same. I also monitor and record daily my heart rate and my blood oxygenation.

Call me crazy!  :idiot:

It seems to be low last few day concurrently with this recent bout of either gastritis or IBS I am having. I should have learned by now that if healing as we drop is not linear why would body function readings be any more reliable. Oh well.

Thanks for the feedback. 🎅🏻

ATU🙏  :smitten:

🎅 I have come to the conclusion that nothing we do is stupid, especially during tapering, I should be checking my B/P, and I do when I think about it or like you when I may not feel well. I am just glad it is low and not high. You are going to beat this, just like all of us that are trying to get out of the beasts hands. I have faith in you and me and all of us, that we are stronger than we think. 🕊 Peace.

Begood/ Heath,

Thanks for that 8 hope I can be strong. Being ill at this time of year is depressing especially since I don’t know what is wrong with me. It may just be seasonal stress made bigger by the cutting but I feel it is something else. I worry too much.

I expect once this Christmas season is over I will settle down.

I just got in from shoveling 4 inches of snow off the driveway and I am exhausted.  :sick:

You guys hang in there. I will keep the faith.  :smitten:

ATU🙏

I'm with you, ATU. I feel so depressed, like something more is wrong--but I just can't see another doctor. They all say, despite some odd tests, that NOTHING is wrong---so, I reassure myself it's the drugs but I cannot really bring myself to believe it. I find the s/x so debilitating and I obsess and am no fun to be around. I just pray this passes.

Hope everyone is doing okay heading into the holidays. It's so cold in NYC.

I'm with you, ATU. I feel so depressed, like something more is wrong--but I just can't see another doctor. They all say, despite some odd tests, that NOTHING is wrong---so, I reassure myself it's the drugs but I cannot really bring myself to believe it. I find the s/x so debilitating and I obsess and am no fun to be around. I just pray this passes.

Hope everyone is doing okay heading into the holidays. It's so cold in NYC.

Blue pill,

That’s me right now,..not fun to be around and everyone looks at me like there is nothing wrong. Snap to it. But I can’t snap to it, If I get to it at all it will be at snails pace. I just want to be at peace and not be a burden on my wife and family. It’s cold and snowy here in Toronto area as well. I like looking at it but hate to drive in it.

You have a great Holiday season.

Blessings from your friends up north.

ATU🙏

Begood/ Heath,

Thanks for that 8 hope I can be strong. Being ill at this time of year is depressing especially since I don’t know what is wrong with me. It may just be seasonal stress made bigger by the cutting but I feel it is something else. I worry too much.

I expect once this Christmas season is over I will settle down.

I just got in from shoveling 4 inches of snow off the driveway and I am exhausted.  :sick:

You guys hang in there. I will keep the faith.  :smitten:

ATU🙏

ATU and Bluepill, you both are having a hard time, it is not your fault, none of us could ever dream that a little inate object like a pill would cause so much distress to us and trickle down into our Life, please be assured that it is the benzo beast causing all of this and we are Warriors...but hey even Warriors get tired and need to re-energized. Please know that I do not believe these are things we can control, remember benzo's put our Brain in a twilight sleep and it is trying so hard to reawaken to its full potential, and the good thing is that the Brain does Heal...Time and Our Brain is working hard and is so thankful you are trying to get rid of the pills. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Yes, me, too, no fun and although I sure prefer winter to Summer and horrific heat, I guess I have holidays blues as well.

Sleep my primary issue, always was.  And am reading if you take ambien or something for sleep, then the taper all for nothing??

Seriously, after 35 or more  years on benzos for sleep I don't think will be sleeping on own without them (or ambien or some such).

Simply can't tolerate antihistamines as have sjogren's and they dry me out.  Melatonin givs me depression and bad dreams and awakenings.  ADs got me into this mess (a brief trial of mirtazapine made me sick on and off-- I CT's off and have been sick for a year.  Suspect by now it is not the mirtaz but that someone simulaneously said to taper off benzos, so I do not know what is what plus took zithromax at the time for chest infection).

Very discouraged just now.  I think I am stuck on these things and if they stop working then I am just plain stuck nowhere, no life when constant sleep deprivation...    Sorry, am glum is all...

Yes, me, too, no fun and although I sure prefer winter to Summer and horrific heat, I guess I have holidays blues as well.

Sleep my primary issue, always was.  And am reading if you take ambien or something for sleep, then the taper all for nothing??

Seriously, after 35 or more  years on benzos for sleep I don't think will be sleeping on own without them (or ambien or some such).

Simply can't tolerate antihistamines as have sjogren's and they dry me out.  Melatonin givs me depression and bad dreams and awakenings.  ADs got me into this mess (a brief trial of mirtazapine made me sick on and off-- I CT's off and have been sick for a year.  Suspect by now it is not the mirtaz but that someone simulaneously said to taper off benzos, so I do not know what is what plus took zithromax at the time for chest infection).

Very discouraged just now.  I think I am stuck on these things and if they stop working then I am just plain stuck nowhere, no life when constant sleep deprivation...    Sorry, am glum is all...

BarbaraAve,

I feel for you. That has been a tough road but a I read on here people succeeding in cases like yours and even worse so do not loose heart. You have made great progress and although you feel real bad now, the future looks much brighter.

Hang in there, like me I think once we get past the Holidays we will feel better and not feel so overwhelmed.

Peace & Healing

ATU🙏

[df...]
Hi,folks. just to say i am now at my goal of 6 weeks on hold after 7 months clean// i had to re instate Valium due too extreme panic attacks at that time. !!,i decided after 2 days of not taking 5 mg Valium i feel fine i'm sleeping well and have no with drawl symptoms feel really good best i have felt in over 18 months, :-) so what i decided to do is only take my daily dose if and only if i feel i need to !!i am hoping given time and this works ?? i will be finally able to rid myself completely of this poison, i will update regular on my progress, Hope everyone has a great Christmas be safe.  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I'm with Bluepill and Atu and Barbara today , worst day I've had in a while .

I get this feeling lie, every cell in my body is tensed , contracted , wound up so I could snap . It's the most horrible feeling .

I ate some chocolate yesterday , anyone here found It made their symptoms worse? I know it does for some .

Ah well. Tomorrow is another day . A better one I hope .

Laying in bed watching The Crown . I am grateful I can do that.

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️🌟🌟🌟🌟🕊🕊🕊🕊❤️❤️❤️❤️

Begood , thank you for always encouraging us and your strength, you are an inspiration  :smitten:

Buddie56,

I’m not sure I understand your post.

Are you planning on stopping 5mg all at once? Or is it a lesser dose?

I dont see how you can stop that amount all at once. You said you have no withdrawals now, that’s great, but Valium has a long half life and withdrawals may not show their nasty head for 10 days or more. Please be careful.

Could it be that you have not really been dependent on it in the first place.

I want to help you out here, but as I said, I’m confused about what dose you are on and how fast you are going to try to get off of it.

Best of luck, but please consider going much slower. Or maybe I am just not reading and understanding correctly?

Heathcliff

Hang in Miyu;

Have you tried LTheanine? I think most people tolerate well. It calms the nerves a bit. You know, whatever that means for us on bad days!

[be...]